• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiator

Seems like some dudes didn't get them but they died beforehand which is a bummer. Doesn't hurt to try. We shouldn't be dying when we do the raid anyway. We're Flawless!

Been attempting for the last 4 days non stop so many perfect runs only time he doesn't glitch is if one person dies beforehand :s I'd honestly just wait and see on Tues instead of punishing yourself.

In post-patch Destiny, Atheon cheeses you!

At least, I consider the fact that he doesn't teleport anyone, or timegates not working properly as cheesing. I'm sure someone at Bungie is saying "Yep, working as intended now!".

The raid is a total mess now, it is getting ridiculous that they haven't fixed one glitch/bug/etc in the game, just ways people cheese.

lunlunqq

I was resigned to buy the DLC but I may not. I'm think I'm mostly done. Last night cemented it for me.

I've been stuck at Level 27 for a while. It's like the ladder to advancement is missing a couple rungs. The no in-game matchmaking for the VoG is a failure. I've asked to join two different clans and got no response. I can get three friends playing together easy but there's nothing to do that will reward anything that I need. Everything has become dry and pointless.

I come to this conclusion after trying to get through the Weekly Heroic Strike. We've done it before, even with just two people. This week it has Heroic and Void Burn. This is a Level 22 strike and my character can get one-shotted by the Minotaurs. That's what all my effort in this game gets me, to be one-shotted in a Strike that is 5 levels lower than me. Time and time again we tried to finish that boss fight only to learn that it was impossible to revive a teammate without being killed yourself. This is a change that came about after the patch it seems. We never had anything like this before.

Destiny is the only game I've ever played where I've been cutting my play sessions short because there is nothing worthwhile to do. I've maxed out my Vandguard Marks all the while being only Level 1 in the faction. There is nothing to buy and no more to earn. VoG is six people. Nightfall is too hard. So what if I earn the occasional purple, I have enough already from playing in the Crucible. I have one exotic helmet and one exotic secondary so even other exotics lose their lustre because it's not like I can use them without putting something away.

The game is not just bare bones, it's a skeleton with ribs, fingers and toes missing. It's addictive as hell but not always fun. What this game needs is free content to plug the gaps. Instead we're getting drip-fed with a new $20 price point for DLC that other developers and publishers will no doubt take as the new normal. There should be more than one path to get to Level 30 and if there is only one path THEN IT SHOULD BE DOABLE IN-GAME.

To spend so much time playing a game only to walk away frustrated is terrible. The minute to minute gameplay is great but the day to day game system is awkward and full of holes.

You don't need the raid to be lvl 28. Actually you can get to lvl 29 with 1 piece of exotic and 3 pieces of legendary armors. Sure getting to 29 without raid gears would waste you some shards. But I'd recommend that you at least level yourself up to 28. There is a big difference between 27 and 28. It will make the lvl28 daily, weekly, and nightfall easier for you.

Jito

Banned
You have to buy a piece of armor since you can't get weapons yet. Or else just do crucible stuff, or the raid, etc., activities that don't yield V marks. The mark limit is really pointless but marks are pretty useless after a while.

Yeh I've bought an armour piece but now I can't earn any more marks to get more armour, so I've got nothing to do on the game? Crucible, raid, anything else doesn't give me Vanguard marks.

Not a joke, sadly.

:(

Cleanse timer will charge only while you hold it, but it won't reset when you drop it. So you have to pick it up, charge as much as you can, drop it and hit oracles, pick it up for more cleanse, etc. Focus on each oracle in the order they spawn while outside team gets the portal open then comes in to help with adds and oracles. The lone porter needs to focus on oracles since that causes the wipe.

Two man team that beat normal raid had the guy drop the relic, hit oracles w/ V of Confluence, pick up relic to charge cleanse, etc. until eventually cleanse was full. Very tough but do-able.

ya i watched the video. also helped that he could use 4 golden gun shots.

it's doable as long as the minotaur doesn't push up the steps.

So dumb question. I have 13 strange coins, and have done the weekly at Level 22. What is my path to 10 more coins before Xur leaves Sunday?

Here's what I've gotten in 3 hard raids:

Fatebringer
Hezen Vengeance x2
Vex Mythoclast x2
Hawkmoon
Found Verdict
Praedyths Revenge
Atheons Epilogue

Prime Zealot Helm
Prime Zealot Cuirass
Prime Zealot Gloves
Prime Zealot Boots

Aspect of Glass x2
Chatterwhite x2
Shattered Vault Cloak

And I still need to beat Atheon on the 3rd run

I really need Fatebringer. Soon.

LiK

Been attempting for the last 4 days non stop so many perfect runs only time he doesn't glitch is if one person dies beforehand :s I'd honestly just wait and see on Tues instead of punishing yourself.

I don't mind. It's good practice especially with the random teleports now. I'm a lot better with the caves now too. lol

DjRalford

Decided I'm going to rank all starting factions.

So far I have
Vanguard 4
Crucible 4
New monarchy 3
Just started FWC and will move onto dead orbit last.

It's something to do whilst I run around levelling Gjallarhorn, gotta get the wolf pack add on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's a fair preference. I've personally run into the issue of already having bought all the weapons I want from the Crucible and Vanguard handlers, so anything I get gifted from them will just get dismantled, since I don't keep weapons and armour which I don't use, it's a waste of carry space on my Titan.
makes perfect sense to me.
I come to this conclusion after trying to get through the Weekly Heroic Strike. We've done it before, even with just two people.
I should maybe put this in a tips post:

The difficulty of any given Weekly Heroic Strike (and Nightfall) will vary dramatically week to week. The last time we had the Nexus as a weekly, it had a Solar burn. The Fallen in the beginning do mainly Arc and Void damage. Some Vex do Solar, so the hobgoblins could oneshot you that week- but minotaurs and the boss do Void damage. Not an issue last time around. This time they're deadly as all hell.
This week it has Heroic and Void Burn. This is a Level 22 strike and my character can get one-shotted by the Minotaurs. That's what all my effort in this game gets me, to be one-shotted in a Strike that is 5 levels lower than me.
You shoulda been doing the 26! :p Unless your friend is only 22?

Minotaurs do void damage. When a Void Burn is up they'll oneshot anyone with a direct hit except maybe a fully armored Titan.
Time and time again we tried to finish that boss fight only to learn that it was impossible to revive a teammate without being killed yourself. This is a change that came about after the patch it seems. We never had anything like this before.
Nothing about the Nexus fight has changed in the patch. I've done it 5 times now since Tuesday. The boss just also does Void damage which makes it immeasurably tougher. Do you just mean that you were getting hit by splash damage whenever attempting to revive?

Destiny is the only game I've ever played where I've been cutting my play sessions short because there is nothing worthwhile to do. I've maxed out my Vandguard Marks all the while being only Level 1 in the faction. There is nothing to buy and no more to earn. VoG is six people. Nightfall is too hard. So what if I earn the occasional purple, I have enough already from playing in the Crucible. I have one exotic helmet and one exotic secondary so even other exotics lose their lustre because it's not like I can use them without putting something away.
I'm surprised you made it to 27 without getting Vanguard to rank 2. That's impressive.

You really shouldn't say there's "nothing to buy and no more to earn" in the same post you lament being unable to get past 27 though. Do you already have every slot filled legendary/exotic armor? If not you need to buy a Vanguard or Crucible legendary. If yes, you need to upgrade your gear to hit 28 and can buy armor to dismantle for shards.
The game is not just bare bones, it's a skeleton with ribs, fingers and toes missing. It's addictive as hell but not always fun. What this game needs is free content to plug the gaps. Instead we're getting drip-fed with a new $20 price point for DLC that other developers and publishers will no doubt take as the new normal. There should be more than one path to get to Level 30 and if there is only one path THEN IT SHOULD BE DOABLE IN-GAME.
Two pieces of raid-equivalent gear will be available from the next Iron Banner.
To spend so much time playing a game only to walk away frustrated is terrible. The minute to minute gameplay is great but the day to day game system is awkward and full of holes.
That's reasonable. if you don't feel like you're having fun when you end a play session, it's time to move on.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was resigned to buy the DLC but I may not. I'm think I'm mostly done. Last night cemented it for me.

I've been stuck at Level 27 for a while. It's like the ladder to advancement is missing a couple rungs. The no in-game matchmaking for the VoG is a failure. I've asked to join two different clans and got no response. I can get three friends playing together easy but there's nothing to do that will reward anything that I need. Everything has become dry and pointless.

I come to this conclusion after trying to get through the Weekly Heroic Strike. We've done it before, even with just two people. This week it has Heroic and Void Burn. This is a Level 22 strike and my character can get one-shotted by the Minotaurs. That's what all my effort in this game gets me, to be one-shotted in a Strike that is 5 levels lower than me. Time and time again we tried to finish that boss fight only to learn that it was impossible to revive a teammate without being killed yourself. This is a change that came about after the patch it seems. We never had anything like this before.

While I agree that Destiny has its fair share of issues (about 2 billion), you can push your character to level 29 without stepping foot in the raid. There are raid groups forming on GAF all the time, so try to get into one of those raid groups. Yes, there's no matchmaking, but tons of folks do the raid daily without it.

Yeh I've bought an armour piece but now I can't earn any more marks to get more armour, so I've got nothing to do on the game? Crucible, raid, anything else doesn't give me Vanguard marks.

Ah, when you said "mark limit" I thought you meant the 200 mark limit you can hold, not the 100 weekly mark limit.

You can build rep for crucible or one of the factions and do crucible matches for marks for more armor once you hit rank 2 in any faction/crucible.

ya i watched the video. also helped that he could use 4 golden gun shots.

it's doable as long as the minotaur doesn't push up the steps.

He shouldn't if you stay back, away from the steps. Another reason why VoC is a good option, and the outside team should be able to get in by the time the 4th oracle needs dealing with, or you could rocket it, etc.

realcZk

So dumb question. I have 13 strange coins, and have done the weekly at Level 22. What is my path to 10 more coins before Xur leaves Sunday?

Do you get more coins if you do the Weekly at higher difficulties?

Yep, what figs said. You can get 3 coins from completing the weekly heroic at each difficult setting (24/26/28) for a total of 9 coins per character. You also get a strange coin from finding all 5 golden chests on mars. Otherwise, farming blue engrams is probably your best bet.

If you need help on the 28 weekly someone here can. Also you have a shot at getting 5-10 strange coins as a Nightfall reward if you haven't done that either.

excowboy

As others have said, you can level up without hitting the Raid, although you will need to grind out some shards (welcome to my world), but do try and find a group to play with. If the clans you've found aren't any good, keep looking! I actually joined my first Raid group on Tuesday by just going to the tower and politely bothering people - joined a really decent group who talked me through it all and now have a bunch more friends on my list.

EDIT: if you happen to be on 360 add me! GT: excowboy83

lunlunqq

Doing the weekly at 28 will give you another 6 coins. Then I guess you will have to do a bunch of tiger strikes and hope that some of the blue engrams will turn into coins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What level are you? Any other characters? Do you have any capable of doing the Nightfall?

Do the Weekly 28 - 6 more coins

Either the the 26 on another character or the 22 on another character + one stray coin would put you at over 23.

For whatever amount you need that you can't get in a guaranteed way, Tiger Strikes til the cows come home.
Do you get more coins if you do the Weekly at higher difficulties?
Whatever combo you do during the week will get you up to 9.

Do the 28, get 9 up front. Do the 22, then the 28, get 3 + 6. Do the 26, then the 28, get 6 + 3.

Hope that makes sense. Basically, if you're confident/capable of it, you just wanna do the 28, preferably after the Nightfall, each week.

Jito

Banned
Ah, when you said "mark limit" I thought you meant the 200 mark limit you can hold, not the 100 weekly mark limit.

You can build rep for crucible or one of the factions and do crucible matches for marks for more armor once you hit rank 2 in any faction/crucible.

Nah that would take ages again, took me over a week of playing to get Vanguard to rank 2 alone, starting another one would take ages as well. Pretty broken system really, I've no reason to play the game now I can't earn marks this week, GG Bungie.

Yep, what figs said. You can get 3 coins from completing the weekly heroic at each difficult setting (24/26/28) for a total of 9 coins per character. You also get a strange coin from finding all 5 golden chests on mars. Otherwise, farming blue engrams is probably your best bet.

If you need help on the 28 weekly someone here can. Also you have a shot at getting 5-10 strange coins as a Nightfall reward if you haven't done that either.

So in addition to the 6 I would get from Level 28, nightfall potentially could produce 4-10 more as a reward?

What level are you? Any other characters? Do you have any capable of doing the Nightfall?

Do the Weekly 28 - 6 more coins

Either the the 26 on another character or the 22 on another character + one stray coin would put you at over 23.

For whatever amount you need that you can't get in a guaranteed way, Tiger Strikes til the cows come home.

Also doing your daily public event grants 1 shard, energy, mote or coin.

He shouldn't if you stay back, away from the steps. Another reason why VoC is a good option, and the outside team should be able to get in by the time the 4th oracle needs dealing with, or you could rocket it, etc.

hard to coordinate all this when the mic is flooded.

"i didn't get ported"
"which side you guys on?"
"wtf i'm not in"
"i'm by myself"
"where are you guys?"
"it's a wipe only one got ported"
"LEFT OR RIGHT?!"
"should we wipe?"
"it's a wipe"
"hang on i'll open the portal and come in"
"i can't see"

realcZk

So in addition to the 6 I would get from Level 28, nightfall potentially could produce 4-10 more as a reward?

Yep, Nightfall rewards have a chance to roll anywhere from 5 to 10 strange coins.

If you need help with this or just want to hop in at the end I can run you through it tonight on PS4, add me: bytestyle

realcZk

"i didn't get ported"
"wtf i'm not in"
"i'm by myself"
"where are you guys?"
"LEFT OR RIGHT?!"
"should we wipe?"
"it's a wipe"
"i can't see"

I NEED A CLEANSE
I NEED A CLEANSE
I NEED A CLEANSE
* The Relic has been dropped
I NEED A CLEANSE
I NEED A CLEANSE
I NEED A CLEANSE

I NEED A CLEANSE

NastyBook

So it's only Thursday, just got my Vanguard to rank 2 and I've hit the Vanguard mark limit. Am I fucked? What the hell do I do for the rest of the week? What a shit system, why stop me from playing the fucking game?
Just keep playing to Rank 3. You should get a gift in the mail once you hit it, then it opens up the weapons for purchase from the Vanguard Quartermaster. But in terms of marks, yeah, that's it till the reset.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Holy shit, what an epic hard mode raid. Warlocks rule!!

Atheon had like 5% health left and everyone died. I self-resurrected and just kept hitting him with the fatebringer/Ice Breaker and killed him before the supplicants got me. So fucking close. Phew!

(Thanks, kopyasu, toasty_T, unknown837, Ant26587 and DiscreteCat)

Mattiator

Another point for the flawless attempters no one has gone past the single transport so far and there is no guarantee that if you survive it will correct the error so you would have to 6 people who could solo the portal for god knows how long..... which makes me think this is ridicules...

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Currently sat at level 27 (barely) with 2 legendaries either from FWC 1 from the Queen's wrath, and the Arcophage Symbiote. Having done the raid once (and got no new armour) it feels like the next few hours of content are going to be nothing but re-running the same old strikes in order to grind materials. Pretty sure I need to gather something like 40 Ass Shards to reach 28.

Anyone else hit this wall with Destiny? I'm not fussed about the hard raid, and reaching 28-30 doesn't unlock anything new for me. Can't help but feel like this might be the point where I'm done.

Did the hard raid again..Atheon with a sliver of life we were all the center shooting at him in hopes of killing him. All but me and one other guy got killed and we got teleported, when out of nowhere somewhere self-ressed outside and shot down the last of Atheons health. Definitely one of the most tense and memorable raid moments ever.

Got shards, energy, armor, Universal Remote and another Timebreaker. The Vex....you shall be mine one day.

LiK

"i didn't get ported"
"wtf i'm not in"
"i'm by myself"
"where are you guys?"
"LEFT OR RIGHT?!"
"should we wipe?"
"it's a wipe"
"i can't see"

I played with you guys enough that I recognize all your voices. Heh heh

I want to raid tonight. Hard or Normal. VoC: 300 dmg, Lvl 29 Sunbro

PSN: Godsfavorite.

When are they going to make the Vex a beastly weapon again? Seriously. What's the point of making it a Hard Atheon drop and then not making it something special to have? Oh yea, nerfed because of PvP whining. Darn whiners getting all of the cool stuff nerfed.

Holy shit, what an epic hard mode raid. Warlocks rule!!

Atheon had like 5% health left and everyone died. I self-resurrected and just kept hitting him with the fatebringer/Ice Breaker and killed him before the supplicants got me. So fucking close. Phew!

(Thanks, kopyasu, toasty_T, unknown837, Ant26587 and DiscreteCat)

That was the clutchest shit I've ever seen in my life lol

Currently sat at level 27 (barely) with 2 legendaries either from FWC 1 from the Queen's wrath, and the Arcophage Symbiote. Having done the raid once (and got no new armour) it feels like the next few hours of content are going to be nothing but re-running the same old strikes in order to grind materials. Pretty sure I need to gather something like 40 Ass Shards to reach 28.

Anyone else hit this wall with Destiny? I'm not fussed about the hard raid, and reaching 28-30 doesn't unlock anything new for me. Can't help but feel like this might be the point where I'm done.
Nightfall?

"i didn't get ported"
"wtf i'm not in"
"i'm by myself"
"where are you guys?"
"LEFT OR RIGHT?!"
"should we wipe?"
"it's a wipe"
"i can't see"

lmao

lunlunqq

As I mentioned to someone else earlier, getting to 28 really opens up the game quite a bit for you. You can do lvl 28 daily, weekly, and nightfall which provide some of the better rewards (if RNGesus doesn't hate you). And you are now on the right level for the normal raid. seriously, getting to 28 is really worth it.

Edit: Focusing on fully level up your exotic first. Then you only need to use shards twice or something on your other legendaries to get to 28.

Like I said, the glitches are a HUGE difficulty spike. There's no comparison whatsoever. On the other hand, non-glitched random teleporting is a complete non-factor, no difficulty increase at all for an experienced team.

However, a well coordinated team who has been through the glitches many times will not be flooding the mic. We know what glitches are possible and how to respond to them. The perfect execution required to pull it off is the real challenge.

Have people on both sides ready to get either portal open immediately if he actually teleports at least 1 person. Have all party members in your field of view when the teleport happens so everyone can tell how many people were ported. People who get ported say one word, left or right. That portal goes up and 2 people on that side go into the portal.

It's just huge pressure on the lone porter to pull off a very high pressure, high skill level performance.

As I mentioned to someone else earlier, getting to 28 really opens up the game quite a bit for you. You can do lvl 28 daily, weekly, and nightfall which provide some of the better rewards (if RNGesus doesn't hate you). And you are now on the right level for the normal raid. seriously, getting to 28 is really worth it.
28 is over-leveled for normal
Seriously, 26s do damn well FFS

LiK

Like I said, the glitches are a HUGE difficulty spike. There's no comparison whatsoever. On the other hand, non-glitched random teleporting is a complete non-factor, no difficulty increase at all for an experienced team.

However, a well coordinated team who has been through the glitches many times will not be flooding the mic. We know what glitches are possible and how to respond to them. The perfect execution required to pull it off is the real challenge.

Have people on both sides ready to get either portal open immediately if he actually teleports at least 1 person. Have all party members in your field of view when the teleport happens so everyone can tell how many people were ported. People who get ported say one word, left or right. That portal goes up and 2 people on that side go into the portal.

It's just huge pressure on the lone porter to pull off a very high pressure, high skill level performance.

Yep, it was no big deal when three people were randomly teleported. We did our jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom