• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the clutchest shit I've ever seen in my life lol

The close call we had the Gatekeepers, when I (relic holder) died just as the defend central conflux phase ended was pretty tense as well. Especially since only the relic holders were alive in the end.

Yeah, it would've been a major PITA to do it all over again. Hope someone has the video.

Got the entire thing recorded XD

lunlunqq

28 is over-leveled for normal
Seriously, 26s do damn well FFS

Sure 26 can do it. But 28 is where you are NOT receiving any penalties for being under-leveled. Considering all the other benefits of being 28, I'd say it's worth it to get there. Plus he sure does not need 40 shards to get to 28. I forgot the exact number, but somewhere around 30 shards should do it.

hydruxo

Holy shit, what an epic hard mode raid. Warlocks rule!!

Atheon had like 5% health left and everyone died. I self-resurrected and just kept hitting him with the fatebringer/Ice Breaker and killed him before the supplicants got me. So fucking close. Phew!

(Thanks, kopyasu, toasty_T, unknown837, Ant26587 and DiscreteCat)

Haha nice! That's the same set up I use too.

Acorn

Two pieces of raid gear, red death, second vex, second prae revenge and timepiece.

Not bad but I got the two pieces i had xotics for and there isn't exotic boots for titans iirc. So still can't hit 30 argh

JoeTonic

Neo Member
As I mentioned to someone else earlier, getting to 28 really opens up the game quite a bit for you. You can do lvl 28 daily, weekly, and nightfall which provide some of the better rewards (if RNGesus doesn't hate you). And you are now on the right level for the normal raid. seriously, getting to 28 is really worth it.

Edit: Focusing on fully level up your exotic first. Then you only need to use shards twice or something on your other legendaries to get to 28.

I've been doing Nightfall and 28 heroic strikes for the past 3 weeks now. Lvl 28 would make them easier, but even then it's not really any different from running the tiger strike playlist. Lvl 28 content just takes longer, and has me hiding more.

I fucking loved the raid by the way - I think that's what is making the transition back to the same old strikes so unappealing. Destiny is great when you're working as a team and figuring out where to go. It such a shame that the opportunity to do that appears so rarely.

Is anyone else completely pissed off that Bungie has not once acknowledged the bugs and glitches in the raid and have seemed to add more with the newest patch?

This is ridiculous.

-Sound cutting out and only hearing your own gunfire
-Relic bubble shield cutting out in a similar way that auto fire perks on weapons just stop firing despite the button being held down
-Randomly teleporting enemies to confluxes that if not a bug are just fucking stupid and similar to the glitch for the eliminate the target public event
-Enemies getting stuck in the environment, easy kill but stupid
-Players getting stuck on the environment geometry
-One or more people not being teleported by Atheon
-One person being teleported to the opposite area with no enemies and no way to get out
-Health bars on enemies regenerating or not going down despite firing with no hit point markers coming up
-Oracles not appearing
-Delayed wipes despite everyone being dead

I'm sure I can think of more. Which ones have I missed?

LiK

Bungie has done a shit job relating to most of the glitches in VoG.

OMG, people cheesing Atheon. MUST FIX THIS ASAP.

Deku Tree

hard to coordinate all this when the mic is flooded.

"i didn't get ported"
"which side you guys on?"
"wtf i'm not in"
"i'm by myself"
"where are you guys?"
"it's a wipe only one got ported"
"LEFT OR RIGHT?!"
"should we wipe?"
"it's a wipe"
"hang on i'll open the portal and come in"
"i can't see"

I played with a pick up raid crew yesterday and I learned something new from them... If you didn't get ported you can tell whether the relic crew are in the left or right portal by looking at your radar and checking the location of the green dots.

lunlunqq

Is anyone else completely pissed off that Bungie has not once acknowledged the bugs and glitches in the raid and have seemed to add more with the newest patch?

This is ridiculous.

-Relic bubble shield cutting out in a similar way that auto fire perks on weapons just stop firing despite the button being held down
-Randomly teleporting enemies to confluxes that if not a bug are just fucking stupid and similar to the glitch for the eliminate the target public event
-One person being teleported to the opposite area with no enemies and no way to get out
-Health bars on enemies regenerating or not going down despite firing with no hit point markers coming up
-Oracles not appearing

The entire loot system is a fucking glitch. I've got the helmet 4 times and all I need is a pair of boots to get to 30... I need the BOOTS!!!!

Snicky

Was raiding last night on normal and noticed something very cool at the part where you defend the central conflux at the Gatekeeper phase.

Standing in front of the portals where the minotaurs spawn, I was able to use the relic melee where you charge at enemies to actually push the minotaurs back into the portals they come out of. If you charge them immediately after they spawn, you can knock them straight back into the portal and they did not seem to come back out, did this with all 3 or 4 that came out on my side.

28 is over-leveled for normal
Seriously, 26s do damn well FFS
That really depends. Some adds go up to 28. 27 is perfectly fine if you have good weapons imo. 26 is really cutting it close. Normal is pretty damn easy and im mainly speaking about completing the raid in about an hour.

Bizazedo

Current issues with Atheon.

1.- Encounter lags often. Unkillable enemies, portals not rising, etc.
2.- Getting stuck in a portal.
3.- Getting bounced back into mars or venus when exiting a portal.
4.- Atheon teleports 2 or just 1 person.
5.- People teleported get the contain if less than 3 people are alive outside.
6.- Atheon attacks hit people inside the relic bubble.

Did I miss any?

Been mentioned, but....

7. Atheon teleports a person to the wrong past / future, so he's alone and trapped while others are in the other past / future.

8. I was with a group that didn't do the gather in the center and I was relic holder. Tons of supplicants up on the opposite side, so I turned and let off a super. Killed two....and was frozen in place. Had to jump, my character wouldn't move. Once I jumped, it loosened up and let me go.

I was able to replicate this, fired the super off at supps shortly after leaving the portal and was frozen.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Xur should sell us the Flawless trophy.
Sick of repeating the Oracles/Templar again and again. It will be easier to get when most people are level 32 or something. I've come close many times but it's just heartbreaking when someone dies or makes a mistake. Atheon glitches aren't helping as well.

Like I said, the glitches are a HUGE difficulty spike. There's no comparison whatsoever. On the other hand, non-glitched random teleporting is a complete non-factor, no difficulty increase at all for an experienced team.

However, a well coordinated team who has been through the glitches many times will not be flooding the mic. We know what glitches are possible and how to respond to them. The perfect execution required to pull it off is the real challenge.

Have people on both sides ready to get either portal open immediately if he actually teleports at least 1 person. Have all party members in your field of view when the teleport happens so everyone can tell how many people were ported. People who get ported say one word, left or right. That portal goes up and 2 people on that side go into the portal.

It's just huge pressure on the lone porter to pull off a very high pressure, high skill level performance.

yea i like the challenge. it's the only way they can make atheon difficult since he goes down in 2 portals now.

GobFather

I played with a pick up raid crew yesterday and I learned something new from them... If you didn't get ported you can tell whether the relic crew are in the left or right portal by looking at your radar and checking the location of the green dots.
Whoa interesting. That's very helpful. Thanks

Shito

I was resigned to buy the DLC but I may not. I'm think I'm mostly done. Last night cemented it for me.

I've been stuck at Level 27 for a while. It's like the ladder to advancement is missing a couple rungs. The no in-game matchmaking for the VoG is a failure. I've asked to join two different clans and got no response. I can get three friends playing together easy but there's nothing to do that will reward anything that I need. Everything has become dry and pointless.

I come to this conclusion after trying to get through the Weekly Heroic Strike. We've done it before, even with just two people. This week it has Heroic and Void Burn. This is a Level 22 strike and my character can get one-shotted by the Minotaurs. That's what all my effort in this game gets me, to be one-shotted in a Strike that is 5 levels lower than me. Time and time again we tried to finish that boss fight only to learn that it was impossible to revive a teammate without being killed yourself. This is a change that came about after the patch it seems. We never had anything like this before.

Destiny is the only game I've ever played where I've been cutting my play sessions short because there is nothing worthwhile to do. I've maxed out my Vandguard Marks all the while being only Level 1 in the faction. There is nothing to buy and no more to earn. VoG is six people. Nightfall is too hard. So what if I earn the occasional purple, I have enough already from playing in the Crucible. I have one exotic helmet and one exotic secondary so even other exotics lose their lustre because it's not like I can use them without putting something away.

The game is not just bare bones, it's a skeleton with ribs, fingers and toes missing. It's addictive as hell but not always fun. What this game needs is free content to plug the gaps. Instead we're getting drip-fed with a new $20 price point for DLC that other developers and publishers will no doubt take as the new normal. There should be more than one path to get to Level 30 and if there is only one path THEN IT SHOULD BE DOABLE IN-GAME.

To spend so much time playing a game only to walk away frustrated is terrible. The minute to minute gameplay is great but the day to day game system is awkward and full of holes.
It probably won't help reignite your flame, but if like me you're not really interested / able to run the raid at the moment, you should get yourself to 28 asap. Don't hesitate to upgrade your stuff "because one day I might get a piece of raid gear to replace it with", the jump from 27 to 28 is CRUCIAL to tackle the weekly / nightfall. And that'll at least give you something to work on / look for once a week. :)

This is ridiculous.

-Oracles not appearing

We ran the vault on norm last night and didn't have to do a thing to open the gate lol.

We got there... not a single enemy in sight... all 3 sync plates lit up... we just went WTF then the spire was built and no enemies... vault opened we walked in without a single enemy or shot fired.

So if Light is going up to 32, is it safe to assume enemies will go to 32 as well? And then will weapons go to 320 attack?

This is seriously the fastest in any game that all my gear will become obsolete.

DesertFox

what's up with the daily heroic story mission XP not being applied to weapons? At level 28 I have no other use for XP. Where is the XP even going? What's the point of even giving XP if it doesn't go to your weapons?!

Current issues with Atheon.

1.- Encounter lags often. Unkillable enemies, portals not rising, etc.
2.- Getting stuck in a portal.
3.- Getting bounced back into mars or venus when exiting a portal.
4.- Atheon teleports 2 or just 1 person.
5.- People teleported get the contain if less than 3 people are alive outside.
6.- Atheon attacks hit people inside the relic bubble.

Did I miss any?

It is beyond fucking ridiculous that they made him more difficult with the random three being teleported now, but haven't fixed the glitches. We were getting fucked hard by glitch 3 last week. Going to do the raid tonight for this week, we'll see how it goes.

Holy fuck, I've thought one of my controllers must have a wonky R2 button this whole time.

This is ridiculous.

-Oracles not appearing

-text not appearing (summoning legions, etc.)
-being marked for negation while cleansing
-no enemies during the spire activation phase
-being caught inside a jumping puzzle platform
-cleanse not working during templar fight
-todd not getting raid boots

what's up with the daily heroic story mission XP not being applied to weapons? At level 28 I have no other use for XP. Where is the XP even going? What's the point of even giving XP if it doesn't go to your weapons?!

After levelling up to 20, every "level" you gain with XP gets you a mote of light.

Deku Tree

That's my problem too.
:(

LiK

*dead*

The close call we had the Gatekeepers, when I (relic holder) died just as the defend central conflux phase ended was pretty tense as well. Especially since only the relic holders were alive in the end.

Yeah that was crazy. We did that middle bit with only the two relic holders too.

As far as drops, I got weapons out the wazoo. I got

- Fatebringer (yuss)
- Praedyth's Revenge
- Corrective Measure
- Vision of Confluence
- Atheon's Epilogue

Bananas. Also got a raid chest with a pure discipline roll. Much better than the one I've got.

This raid made up for the horrible one from the other day haha

DesertFox

Is the true? How do you know that?
Yup i just tested. 2 weapons both did not progress after completing the daily. I checked at the start, just prior to activating the final dinklebot, and at orbit. No gains other than a miniscule amount for my kills with the weapon.

After levelling up to 20, every "level" you gain with XP gets you a mote of light.
Well yes, motes of light... but i had so many of those wasting space i just spent them on a speaker emblem and Titan Towel just because.

realcZk

This is ridiculous.

-Oracles not appearing

- Relating to the sound issue - oracles spawning without playing sound.

E92 M3

Alright boys and girls: We had two weeks of informative Friday updates, will tomorrows bring information or will it be Deej story time? I am banking - and hoping - that we will hear about the next patch.

lunlunqq

Yeah that was crazy. We did that middle bit with only the two relic holders too.

As far as drops, I got weapons out the wazoo. I got

- Fatebringer (yuss)
- Praedyth's Revenge
- Corrective Measure
- Vision of Confluence
- Atheon's Epilogue

Bananas. Also got a raid chest with a pure discipline roll. Much better than the one I've got.

This raid made up for the horrible one from the day haha
hWS1mg5.gif

Deku Tree

Yup i just tested. 2 weapons both did not progress after completing the daily. I checked at the start, just prior to activating the final dinklebot, and at orbit. No gains other than a miniscule amount for my kills with the weapon.

That's horrible. The main reason I have been doing the daily is for the xp to level my weapons. ... Never noticed that... Sucks. Is it a bug or a feature?

Alright boys and girls: We had two weeks of informative Friday updates, will tomorrows bring information or will it be Deej story time? I am banking - and hoping - that we will hear about the next patch.

something something sat in on meeting something something dlc something something most postmortem kills something something jackolytes and patch soon ™

Namikaze1

I await for the glitch that teleports two people to both portals. Or it teleports 3, one to one portal and the other two to the other. Athean's gonna be laughing his ass off.

ethomaz

Banned
Apparently since the PS app update I can't figure out how to add friends by just searching for their PSN anymore? My only options are Email, Text message, or generate a link... so I've generated some lame link you can click if you're interested: http://playp.sn/f/I05u9MuYIkVJSgId
You can't anymore from what I saw... sad.

At least the PS4 invite is working now... I was using the iOS's App due the issue with PS4.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So i just had ridiculous Public Time Event grind while doing bounties + patrol along the way

Started on Warlock, did 3 PTE's back to back
First one gave me Energy, then second Shard, then third Energy
Go to Tower afterwards to hand in bounty and grab the guaranteed PTE Gold mail from the postmaster, another Shard

So 2 Energy, 2 Shards

Switch to Hunter, repeat bounties + patrol while doing the triple PTE route

First on gives me Shard, 2nd Energy & Shard, 3rd Shard
Go to postmaster for mail for hitting gold, another Shard

So 1 Energy, 4 Shards

So in 1.5 hour I netted myself 3 Energies, 6 Shards, almost equal to a Raid @_@!

Also doing bounty, kill 10 Hive Captains/Ultras, I earned extra Jackolytes from the Gold Versions, so I wanted to store them in the vault for safe keeping
You can only keep 5 Jackolytes in the vault, no more, so now I have to keep them on my character, I'm guessing you can keep 5 each on them so, a total of 20 Jackolytes can be earned, which is fucking stupid

There has to be a stealth upgrade to drops with this patch, blue engrams are becoming really common drops from mobs
Also a lot of double engram drops have started appearing, like double uncommon greens or double blue rare
(It's always when I hit an enemy with a Precision shot, it might be different, but every time I get a crit death, those engrams pop out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom