• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I await for the glitch that teleports two people to both portals. Or it teleports 3, one to one portal and the other two to the other. Athean's gonna be laughing his ass off.

That actually happened to me after the patch and I posted about it two days ago. On hard Atheon I got ported to an empty environment and I was marked and I died.

Is anyone else completely pissed off that Bungie has not once acknowledged the bugs and glitches in the raid and have seemed to add more with the newest patch?

This is ridiculous.

-Sound cutting out and only hearing your own gunfire
-Relic bubble shield cutting out in a similar way that auto fire perks on weapons just stop firing despite the button being held down
-Randomly teleporting enemies to confluxes that if not a bug are just fucking stupid and similar to the glitch for the eliminate the target public event
-Enemies getting stuck in the environment, easy kill but stupid
-Players getting stuck on the environment geometry
-One or more people not being teleported by Atheon
-One person being teleported to the opposite area with no enemies and no way to get out
-Health bars on enemies regenerating or not going down despite firing with no hit point markers coming up
-Oracles not appearing
-Delayed wipes despite everyone being dead

I'm sure I can think of more. Which ones have I missed?

They have though... even recently.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ng_the_atheon_fight_is_very_very_broken_deej/

Deej is the top comment of this.

Lol wishing for the exact same thing. Warlock helm at the least (Gjallerhorn dropped for me during the raid this week :D)

I hate you. Not really, but at least we are united on the helmet. I still need my gjallerhorn

yeeeup, it only applies to armor. you'll still get xp from kills during the mission as weapon xp but the big xp bonus at the end (~7000?) just goes to armor and that's it.

*Flips table in rage*

I need that bonus XP for my exotics. Dammit Bungie

what's up with the daily heroic story mission XP not being applied to weapons? At level 28 I have no other use for XP. Where is the XP even going? What's the point of even giving XP if it doesn't go to your weapons?!

Are you going to orbit before the timer finishes counting down? I think it is a weird catch with the heroics that you have to let the timer finish. It is not confirmed though. If no XP goes to weapons, that is super wack.

DesertFox

That's horrible. The main reason I have been doing the daily is for the xp to level my weapons. ... Never noticed that... Sucks. Is it a bug or a feature?
Same here... been doing them all this time believing I was progressing my weapons as well but I had a hunch that it wasn't doing anything so I decided to test. Hopefully it's a bug and not intended... but with Bungie changing VoG for the worse... who knows.

Are you going to orbit before the timer finishes counting down? I think it is a weird catch with the heroics that you have to let the timer finish. It is not confirmed though. If no XP goes to weapons, that is super wack.

Nope, letting the countdown complete and return me to the mission complete summary, then orbiting from there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As I mentioned to someone else earlier, getting to 28 really opens up the game quite a bit for you. You can do lvl 28 daily, weekly, and nightfall which provide some of the better rewards (if RNGesus doesn't hate you). And you are now on the right level for the normal raid. seriously, getting to 28 is really worth it.

Edit: Focusing on fully level up your exotic first. Then you only need to use shards twice or something on your other legendaries to get to 28.
It probably won't help reignite your flame, but if like me you're not really interested / able to run the raid at the moment, you should get yourself to 28 asap. Don't hesitate to upgrade your stuff "because one day I might get a piece of raid gear to replace it with", the jump from 27 to 28 is CRUCIAL to tackle the weekly / nightfall. And that'll at least give you something to work on / look for once a week. :)
dat gelcap!

I made a funny decision the other day. I spent a few shards on my second Hunter exotic, so that both my Hawkmoon/Knuckle build and my Pocket Infinity/Spine build are sitting at 28. I directly elected not to progress vertically in favor of having more versatility. Sorry to members of my raid group, I know you guys really want to get in on the Hard raid- and I really mean it, if you want to set up a run together this week or whatever and just replace my slot I will not be offended in the least bit.

Honestly, even not including all the recent complaints about it I'm still pretty intimidated by the Hard raid. No revives... but I fall sometimes D: 29 will make a huge difference I'm sure, and at the very least I should be there by a week from tomorrow.

phen0m24

Haha... how convenient. Thanks, I would have never seen it.

My pleasure. I fought with it for a while and questioned their sanity "You got rid of search for THIS?" And then questioned it again when I found they buried it.

These are the people who are eventually going to let us change our PSN names and keep the servers running?

RNG help us

kidko

You can't anymore from what I saw... sad.

At least the PS4 invite is working now... I was using the iOS's App due the issue with PS4.

You click on the drop down thing, not the little circle with the plus icon to get to the search by PSN name

NeOak

So should i pick gear based on their stats (int/str/dis) or the perks (reload, ammo, etc)?

I'm torn between a int/dis with hand cannon reload vs int/str with auto rifle reload D:

Same here... been doing them all this time believing I was progressing my weapons as well but I had a hunch that it wasn't doing anything so I decided to test. Hopefully it's a bug and not intended... but with Bungie changing VoG for the worse... who knows.

Nope, letting the countdown complete and return me to the mission complete summary, then orbiting from there.

Wow, I just assumed the XP was going to weapons. That blows if true.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ng_the_atheon_fight_is_very_very_broken_deej/

"Both fireteam and party chat were HORRENDOUS. This has always been the case but it got much worse here. People would cut in and out. People would have wildly differing volumes when speaking. Some could hear a fireteam member and others couldn't (this would switch up frequently so it was impossible to know who could hear you at a given time). It's possible that this is also Xbox Live's fault but I can't think of any other games with chat problems like this."

could this explain why i could suddenly hear fig really well in the raid?

:p

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Gjallarhorn replica. So want.

2aEQCSx.jpg

blackflag

I was resigned to buy the DLC but I may not. I'm think I'm mostly done. Last night cemented it for me.

I've been stuck at Level 27 for a while. It's like the ladder to advancement is missing a couple rungs. The no in-game matchmaking for the VoG is a failure. I've asked to join two different clans and got no response. I can get three friends playing together easy but there's nothing to do that will reward anything that I need. Everything has become dry and pointless.

I come to this conclusion after trying to get through the Weekly Heroic Strike. We've done it before, even with just two people. This week it has Heroic and Void Burn. This is a Level 22 strike and my character can get one-shotted by the Minotaurs. That's what all my effort in this game gets me, to be one-shotted in a Strike that is 5 levels lower than me. Time and time again we tried to finish that boss fight only to learn that it was impossible to revive a teammate without being killed yourself. This is a change that came about after the patch it seems. We never had anything like this before.

Destiny is the only game I've ever played where I've been cutting my play sessions short because there is nothing worthwhile to do. I've maxed out my Vandguard Marks all the while being only Level 1 in the faction. There is nothing to buy and no more to earn. VoG is six people. Nightfall is too hard. So what if I earn the occasional purple, I have enough already from playing in the Crucible. I have one exotic helmet and one exotic secondary so even other exotics lose their lustre because it's not like I can use them without putting something away.

The game is not just bare bones, it's a skeleton with ribs, fingers and toes missing. It's addictive as hell but not always fun. What this game needs is free content to plug the gaps. Instead we're getting drip-fed with a new $20 price point for DLC that other developers and publishers will no doubt take as the new normal. There should be more than one path to get to Level 30 and if there is only one path THEN IT SHOULD BE DOABLE IN-GAME.

To spend so much time playing a game only to walk away frustrated is terrible. The minute to minute gameplay is great but the day to day game system is awkward and full of holes.

You may have some points that I agree with but that strike is soloable fairly easily even when you are 1 level lower than it. So if you are having that many problems with a Minotaur that much lower than you, there may be other problems.

Tovarisc

So crafting materials like Spinmetal only stack up to 200, why is that? Based on that I assume stack limit on every material is 200.

Also why ammo synthesis just stack to 20 instead of even 100 or this 200?

realcZk

Hey, I'm just saying they've acknowledged them. I'm not saying what, if anything, they are doing to do with the information.

Haha I know, was just making a joke about how the weekly updates have gone so far. DeeJ took our feedback to the devs and was told to kindly fuck off, so I woudln't be surprised if it happens again.

It is beyond fucking ridiculous that they made him more difficult with the random three being teleported now, but haven't fixed the glitches. We were getting fucked hard by glitch 3 last week. Going to do the raid tonight for this week, we'll see how it goes.

This glitch is generally predictable at least. Make sure only one person goes through at a time, this is by far the most important issue. Sometimes running too fast can be glitchy too. Just stagger your people, one at a time. First relic holder, then first oracle killer, then 2nd oracle killer takes down the 7th oracle after the other two have left. Gives relic holder enough time to get set up before T's V hits, gives everyone more time for DPS.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...y_broken_deej/

Deej's comment is so goddamn annoying
Stop being coy and trying to act meta

For fuck sakes, it's like they want Destiny to fail now and get Activision to drop them from the 10 year contract
Seriously, it shouldn't be this ridiculous for players who put in this much fucking time and still have to read these fucking off-comments and not a genuine reply

Yeah I think it's that, vision and the sniper your can get from normal. Maybe the rocket launcher too.

I have everything but Fatebringer... all obtained from Normal. (i'm like 90% sure... i MIGHT have gotten the heavy machine gun from hard... but cant remember).

Edit: Yes, got my Vex from hard.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Yeah I think it's that, vision and the sniper your can get from normal. Maybe the rocket launcher too.

Assault Rifle - Atheon's Epilogue

Pulse Rifle - Praedyth's Timepiece

Scout Rifle - Vision of Confluence

Shotgun - Found Verdict

Sniper Rifle - Praedyth's Revenge

Machine Gun - Corrective Measure

Rocket Launcher - Hezen Vengeance

These all have a chance to drop on normal from what I understand.

Fatebringer, Mythoclast, and Praetorian Foil are hard drops.

Deku Tree

Someone posted that video early this morning before it got Kotaku'd... I watched it twice now and I'm still not sure what the team did to Cheese Atheon. Athena walks on an invisible platform in the air and after time's vengeance is over he falls and dies... but I am not sure how the team forced him to walk on the invisible platform... and they had to flawlessly do a full round of the fight... so wouldn't it be easier just to complete a few more rounds rather than try to force some cheese?

realcZk

I'm not sure from the video how they got him to do that, but sigh. guess they need to make it so that atheon falling to his death awards no loot.

Looks like warlock stands behind Atheon when he's frozen and once unfroze, using grenade spam from time's vengeance to make him walk off the middle. Good stuff.

Tovarisc

They push him off next to the middle platform where people use the relic shield to shoot atheon.. It's pretty weird though as it looks like he's flying/hovering before falling to death

Someone posted that video early this morning before it got Kotaku'd... I watched it twice now and I'm still not sure what the team did to Cheese Atheon. Athena walks on an invisible platform in the air and after time's vengeance is over he falls and dies... but I am not sure how the team forced him to walk on the invisible platform... and they had to flawlessly do a full round of the fight... so wouldn't it be easier just to complete a few more rounds rather than try to force some cheese?

If you look carefully you can see that 5 out of 6 players are stacked to middle, under relic bubble. They all shoot at the boss normally.

6th player is at Atheons level / behind him shooting from there. I think his position causes Atheons pathing to glitch out and makes him walk towards raid and to stand on top of nothing.

When phase ends and he is supposed to enter statue posture and teleport people bumper from beneath him disappears and makes him fall into the pit.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Look behind Atheon, Warlocks were lobbing their Solar Grenades
In the video he turns around shooting at those who were lobbing shit at his back, but the bubble team got hate back, so turned around
He even moved upwards the right portal cause the solar was misplaced wrong
Watch video again, look at group there's 3-4 in bubble, 2 behind Atheon trying to push him
That floating might be the "baby bumpers" but he moved so far out that the dev didn't leave the boundary out that far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom