• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
You can't anymore from what I saw... sad.

At least the PS4 invite is working now... I was using the iOS's App due the issue with PS4.

You still can, but it's in a different spot. You go to Friends, hit the dropdown and select Search at the top of the list. Really not intuitive UI design for sure.

Edit: I see I was b10.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Careful about talking about this one too much. If Bungie sees it they'll dick around for another week to fix this instead of the glitches.

You mean 3 weeks
Announce the patch is imminent 1st week
2nd week everyone waiting still, just a scare tactic
3rd week released

God I hope Xur has a good armor exotic this week. I desperately want to hit 28 and feel like I'm making progress again, I've been stalled for a while now. Don't want to waste too many ass shards when this armor will be getting replaced soon by raid or IB gear.

Tovarisc

Look behind Atheon, Warlocks were lobbing their Solar Grenades
In the video he turns around shooting at those who were lobbing shit at his back, but the bubble team got hate back, so turned around
He even moved upwards the right portal cause the solar was misplaced wrong
Watch video again, look at group there's 3-4 in bubble, 2 behind Atheon trying to push him
That floating might be the "baby bumpers" but he moved so far out that the dev didn't leave the boundary out that far

I think bumpers are there until phase shifts from nuke to teleport. You can clearly see Atheon walking and standing on top of literally nothing [read: invisible bumper], but as he is entering statue phase bumper despawns and boss falls.

Also I think it's just one player [sunbro?] behind him while rest 5 nuke from front.

X-Frame

Question for raid vets - I've done it 4 times and each time after beating the Templar and continually making my way down the tunnels my group and I automatically end at the left Gorgon chest, the one that can give exotics.

But each video guide I watch starts at the beginning of the Gorgon maze and then the players go to the left and jump up those rocks to get to the same chest.

How am I just normally reaching that chest before reaching the maze whereas others reach the maze first and then have to go out of their way to the chest?

Alucrid

Banned
Question for raid vets - I've done it 4 times and each time after beating the Templar and continually making my way down the tunnels my group and I automatically end at the left Gorgon chest, the one that can give exotics.

But each video guide I watch starts at the beginning of the Gorgon maze and then the players go to the left and jump up those rocks to get to the same chest.

How am I just normally reaching that chest before reaching the maze whereas others reach the maze first and then have to go out of their way to the chest?

the big circle door directly behind the templar opens up and drops you into the gorgon maze, that's the "normal" way

"Both fireteam and party chat were HORRENDOUS. This has always been the case but it got much worse here. People would cut in and out. People would have wildly differing volumes when speaking. Some could hear a fireteam member and others couldn't (this would switch up frequently so it was impossible to know who could hear you at a given time). It's possible that this is also Xbox Live's fault but I can't think of any other games with chat problems like this."

could this explain why i could suddenly hear fig really well in the raid?

:p

I just bought a headset. :p

realcZk

the big circle door directly behind the templar opens up and drops you into the gorgon maze, that's the "normal" way

Yeah, there's really no point in taking the spirit bloom cave tunnel route unless you have the 5th chest available, that I know of, not sure which one is quicker though.

Tovarisc

Wait what...the relic holder uses the super and then Atheon starts walking backwards and then floats for a bit before falling :S

5 players to middle and they take aggro from boss with nuke => 6th player goes behind the boss and nukes from there with fire and nades => boss pathing glitches out and makes him walk to on top of nothing [bumper] => at phase shift bumper despawns for some reason and boss falls to its death => profit!

Yeah, there's really no point in taking the spirit bloom cave tunnel route unless you have the 5th chest available, that I know of, not sure which one is quicker though.

Spirit Bloom route is safer tho, kinda, because you don't have one huge fall, but many shorter ones. Also direct access to left chest is nice and fast if you learn route and drops.

Frenden

Banned
I've got legendary secondary and heavy weapons falling out of my ass, but no good legendary primaries except for hand cannons. I never get ARs from drops/rank ups. Is the vendor Shadow Price okay? The mag size... not so great.

Namikaze1

Didn't someone post a video yesterday where something like that happened to the team except there wasn't a Warlcok shooting grenades from behind. Athean literally walked towards the middle, the team's shields went down, a few died, they resurrected since sunsingers, and Athean fell to his death.

realcZk

Spirit Bloom route is safer tho, kinda, because you don't have one huge fall, but many shorter ones. Also direct access to left chest is nice and fast if you learn route and drops.

Is it possible to die from the normal gorgon fall though? I recall the first time I did it on normal I just free-fell and never used jump, and I survived.

ethomaz

Banned
We made the Atheon fly over the middle platform but it didn't dropped off. Make it fly over the middle plataform is easy but it never dropped off.

My group always takes the Spirit Bloom cave because you dump out right at the first Gorgon chest.

I was resigned to buy the DLC but I may not. I'm think I'm mostly done. Last night cemented it for me.

I've been stuck at Level 27 for a while. It's like the ladder to advancement is missing a couple rungs. The no in-game matchmaking for the VoG is a failure. I've asked to join two different clans and got no response. I can get three friends playing together easy but there's nothing to do that will reward anything that I need. Everything has become dry and pointless.

I come to this conclusion after trying to get through the Weekly Heroic Strike. We've done it before, even with just two people. This week it has Heroic and Void Burn. This is a Level 22 strike and my character can get one-shotted by the Minotaurs. That's what all my effort in this game gets me, to be one-shotted in a Strike that is 5 levels lower than me. Time and time again we tried to finish that boss fight only to learn that it was impossible to revive a teammate without being killed yourself. This is a change that came about after the patch it seems. We never had anything like this before.

Destiny is the only game I've ever played where I've been cutting my play sessions short because there is nothing worthwhile to do. I've maxed out my Vandguard Marks all the while being only Level 1 in the faction. There is nothing to buy and no more to earn. VoG is six people. Nightfall is too hard. So what if I earn the occasional purple, I have enough already from playing in the Crucible. I have one exotic helmet and one exotic secondary so even other exotics lose their lustre because it's not like I can use them without putting something away.

The game is not just bare bones, it's a skeleton with ribs, fingers and toes missing. It's addictive as hell but not always fun. What this game needs is free content to plug the gaps. Instead we're getting drip-fed with a new $20 price point for DLC that other developers and publishers will no doubt take as the new normal. There should be more than one path to get to Level 30 and if there is only one path THEN IT SHOULD BE DOABLE IN-GAME.

To spend so much time playing a game only to walk away frustrated is terrible. The minute to minute gameplay is great but the day to day game system is awkward and full of holes.

I've hopped on to two other vault groups started on gaf. You can find three people willing to join you if you keep posting. I'd join you if you want to tonight later than 5pm pst. Break down the legendary armor for shards, do public events each day, earn marks from crucible to buy armor.

I got from 20 to 28 in a little over a week with a three day period at 24 as I grinded out rep. Just post on the forums when looking for a vog group

Anyone wanna do Level 28 Weekly Strike? Be on in a few minutes.

PSN: Hero_1985_

This glitch is generally predictable at least. Make sure only one person goes through at a time, this is by far the most important issue. Sometimes running too fast can be glitchy too. Just stagger your people, one at a time. First relic holder, then first oracle killer, then 2nd oracle killer takes down the 7th oracle after the other two have left. Gives relic holder enough time to get set up before T's V hits, gives everyone more time for DPS.

Thanks for this. Will keep it in mind tonight.

Quoting this post because of the second bullet point in the link.

So petty but it bothers me people say Venus/Mars when referring to the teleporting. You are teleported to a future/past version of the Vault, so both are Venus. Saying you are on Mars is moronic.

Is it really? Let's say you haven't read the grimoire cards or any reddit lore post. Which planetary enviroment does each one resemble? It's not like the lore behind the vault of glass isn't obtuse and hidden from sight.

MADGAME

Is it really? Let's say you haven't read the grimoire cards or any reddit lore post. Which planetary enviroment does each one resemble? It's not like the lore behind the vault of glass isn't obtuse and hidden from sight.

Let's say I haven't read the Grimoire on Atheon. Can I call him Starscream or a Transformer since that's what he most resembles? I guess we can make things up instead of learning, if that is your point.

Deku Tree

Didn't someone post a video yesterday where something like that happened to the team except there wasn't a Warlcok shooting grenades from behind. Athean literally walked towards the middle, the team's shields went down, a few died, they resurrected since sunsingers, and Athean fell to his death.

Yeah, not exactly new.

This is the video I'm talking about in that post above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doUul3BpkTE

Even in this video, it looks like they are spamming sunbro grenades that land behind atheon (even though they are throwing them from in front of Atheon) which I guess forced him to join them in the middle and fall to his death...

Quoting this post because of the second bullet point in the link.

So petty but it bothers me people say Venus/Mars when referring to the teleporting. You are teleported to a future/past version of the Vault, so both are Venus. Saying you are on Mars is moronic.

there are so many different ways to refer to the portals

red/brown, green
mars, venus
past, future
desert, jungle/forest
left, right
Alpha, Bravo

I've heard Egypt and Amazon before...

dat gelcap!

I made a funny decision the other day. I spent a few shards on my second Hunter exotic, so that both my Hawkmoon/Knuckle build and my Pocket Infinity/Spine build are sitting at 28. I directly elected not to progress vertically in favor of having more versatility. Sorry to members of my raid group, I know you guys really want to get in on the Hard raid- and I really mean it, if you want to set up a run together this week or whatever and just replace my slot I will not be offended in the least bit.

Honestly, even not including all the recent complaints about it I'm still pretty intimidated by the Hard raid. No revives... but I fall sometimes D: 29 will make a huge difference I'm sure, and at the very least I should be there by a week from tomorrow.

All good Hawk.. The group is the group. We'll stick together

Be fun to see what we do when the moon raid is out

Edit.. I did the same thing on my hunter. Got both helms fully upgraded so I can stay 30 in both loadouts.

Alpha Lupi is almost done so I can leverage that with raid helm.

MADGAME

there are so many different ways to refer to the portals

red/brown, green
mars, venus
past, future
desert, jungle/forest
left, right
Alpha, Bravo

I've heard Egypt and Amazon before...

Lol, couple new ones on that list I haven't heard before

Grimsen

This game sucks when you don't feel like talking online or looking for people to play with. I wanted to do daily/weekly/nightfall, but didn't feel social.

Matchmaking would have been perfect. :/

Instead, I did the public event milk run to get enough marks to buys legenday boots, and did 2 characters' worth of bounties. Never again. Such a bore.

EDIT: Any news on those halloween sparrows? They look dope.

Let's say I haven't read the Grimoire on Atheon. Can I call him Starscream or a Transformer since that's what he most resembles? I guess we can make things up instead of learning, if that is your point.

He's got a giant health bar that says Atheon so your point is moot bro. But i'd be fine with calling him that.

Acrylic7

So wait, let me get this straight.

I'm going to make an alt account today for coins, but I wont be able to level up weapons?

Deku Tree

This game sucks when you don't feel like talking online or looking for people to play with. I wanted to do daily/weekly/nightfall, but didn't feel social.

Matchmaking would have been perfect. :/

Instead, I did the public event milk run to get enough marks to buys legenday boots, and did 2 characters' worth of bounties. Never again. Such a bore.

Yup. If you don't feel like being social like that then Destiny probably isn't the game for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom