• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

there are so many different ways to refer to the portals

red/brown, green
mars, venus
past, future
desert, jungle/forest
left, right
Alpha, Bravo

I've heard Egypt and Amazon before...

Ever since I heard you can tell by radar, it's fun just to make up hilarious callouts for the different portals.

Well, I made it to the top of the Destiny subreddit suggesting that all optional factions should accept both vanguard and crucible marks. Let's hope someone at Bungie sees it and makes this minor change that will allow more players to enjoy all three factions and not have to grind PvP to buy something from a vendor you just leveled in 100% PvE.
I think they'd have to up the limit on marks per week, marks in storage if they were going to combine everything. And I'm not sure they'd want to do anything to make the process faster.

I think, in general, some kind of conversion vendor would be nice:

• vanguard marks -> crucible marks
  • crucible marks -> vanguard marks
  • marks -> mats
  • mats -> marks
  • eyes -> coins
  • coins -> eyes
  • mats <- -> mats
There would be a tax on any conversion but at least it would give people flexibility particularly if someone's flush in one resource but badly needs a different one.

MADGAME

He's got a giant health bar that says Atheon so your point is moot bro. But i'd be fine with calling him that.

Okay not the best example with Atheon but I do stand by my point. There are a lot of things not explained in the game, or explained very little and expanded upon in Grimoire. Making things up that aren't true is moronic.

Greenymac

Any of the gaffers in my friend list (or not) want to hard raid about 6:30 pm? Im a lvl 30 warlock and have 3 more ready to roll at the previously mentioned hour. Add greenyMac on psn. Even if we dont finish I want to at least beat the templar and be set to finish the last bit at a later point. Greeny mac on PSN. lvl 29 or 30 only please. Experience is a plus.

LordofPwn

Quoting this post because of the second bullet point in the link.

So petty but it bothers me people say Venus/Mars when referring to the teleporting. You are teleported to a future/past version of the Vault, so both are Venus. Saying you are on Mars is moronic.

But which is the past and which is the future? when you say Venus or Mars people immediately know what you mean, there is no second guessing. same with jungle/dessert, but Mars/Venus is faster to say.

Tovarisc

Do you people that Raid a lot turn your brightness up a bit? It gets so dark going from the Templar to the maze.

Never adjusted brightness upwards for raid. First time used ghost few times to see formation of walls, but after that haven't needed even that.

Okay not the best example with Atheon but I do stand by my point. There are a lot of things not explained in the game, or explained very little and expanded upon in Grimoire. Making things up that aren't true is moronic.

Another is green and lush like Venus and another is red, dead and desolate like Mars. Is it really that puzzling why people call them Venus and Mars? And like LordofPwn said, saying "Mars" or "Venus" is fast and obvious for everyone which side needs to be activated. Try saying "Future" on some raid and you get back "What?"

ethomaz

Banned
Is he still floating? Or did you guys wipe to reset and attempt again?
After some time and just walked back to the platform.

Maybe the key is make it stay there until the freeze time... I will try that in the next opportunity.

I will try solo tonight but I guess it is impossible solo due the little time.

LordofPwn

I think they'd have to up the limit on marks per week, marks in storage if they were going to combine everything. And I'm not sure they'd want to do anything to make the process faster.

I think, in general, some kind of conversion vendor would be nice:

• vanguard marks -> crucible marks
  • crucible marks -> vanguard marks
  • marks -> mats
  • mats -> marks
  • eyes -> coins
  • coins -> eyes
  • mats <- -> mats
There would be a tax on any conversion but at least it would give people flexibility particularly if someone's flush in one resource but badly needs a different one.

eyes? do you mean motes?

also glimmer. need more ways to spend the in-game currency.

Ovek

7Member7
Alas my Destiny journey has come to an end at level 29(and a bit). With no desire to do the raid and little to no new content in the new DLC this is the end of the road.

GMZc5Sd.jpg
Colour coordinated to the end.

cakely

Well, I made it to the top of the Destiny subreddit suggesting that all optional factions should accept both vanguard and crucible marks. Let's hope someone at Bungie sees it and makes this minor change that will allow more players to enjoy all three factions and not have to grind PvP to buy something from a vendor you just leveled in 100% PvE.

They should just make the marks for Dead Orbit, New Monarchy and FWC only work in crucible events.

All three are Crucible vendors that take crucible marks, the only issue is that people are gaining rep with them in vanguard events by wearing their marks.

Namikaze1

oh cool, lemme just grind some strikes real qui--

"WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT"

noooooo

so which strike do you guys like the most
I'll tell you which one I hate the most: Summoning Pits

Dust Palace comes at a close second

Favorite would be Nexus since it's quick and easy.

realcZk

I hate valus ta'aurc becuase it takes forever, summoning pits next and then dust palace. Funny thing is if these bosses didn't take so fucking long to kill they would be my top 3 favorite strikes instead of the bottom 3.

Grimsen

They should just make the banners for Dead Orbit, New Monarchy and FWC only work in crucible events.

All three are Crucible vendors that take crucible marks, the only issue is that people are gaining rep with them in vanguard events by wearing their banners.

Fixed for comprehension.

Making them even more exclusive? Why? What would be wrong with accepting vanguard marks?

zewone

Summoning Pits is boring, but it's one of the fastest.

I hate Valus Ta'aurc. Such a long mission and a bullet sponge.

Wheres our Strike buff/nerf Bungie promised 6 weeks ago?

Namikaze1

I hate valus ta'aurc becuase it takes forever, summoning pits next and then dust palace. Funny thing is if these bosses didn't take so fucking long to kill they would be my top 3 favorite strikes instead of the bottom 3.
The Cerberus VAE III strike would be on my least favorite list if not for the amazing one on one tank fight I had with the large tank miniboss.

MADGAME

But which is the past and which is the future? when you say Venus or Mars people immediately know what you mean, there is no second guessing. same with jungle/dessert, but Mars/Venus is faster to say.
Faster to say? Because of one less syllable? By that logic "left/right" would be the easiest.

Another is green and lush like Venus and another is red, dead and desolate like Mars. Is it really that puzzling why people call them Venus and Mars? And like LordofPwn said, saying "Mars" or "Venus" is fast and obvious for everyone which side needs to be activated. Try saying "Future" on some raid and you get back "What?"

I didn't say it was puzzling, said it was moronic. If you can equate "Mars" to "Left", you can equate any other word to "Left". Simple association, regardless of the word used. Not saying "past" and "future" should be the terms used. Just saying you aren't on Mars when you are teleported so it isn't accurate and for some reason it bothers me. I admit it is petty and splitting hairs.

lunlunqq

So I had my first out-of-map experience last night. I was exploring the locked area behind the big blue barrier in the Black Garden. I guess they didn't play test that area that much yet. It was pretty easy to jump out of the walls and get on top of the entire garden cave structure. It's pretty cool to see the whole is just hanging in the green void of nothingness.

ns64plu.png

Being an inexperienced explorer, I eventually got stranded on a patch dirt underneath the entire level. So I took a picture and went back to orbit.

NsWXDNs.png

Tovarisc

I like the Dust Palace strike a lot except for the three annoying extreme bullet sponge bosses at the end.

One can be knocked out of the arena easily with RPG.

Another can be also knocked out of the arena, but isn't guaranteed.

Third you most likely have to actually kill.

CornDogg

Faster to say? Because of one less syllable? By that logic "left/right" would be the easiest.

I didn't say it was puzzling, said it was moronic. If you can equate "Mars" to "Left", you can equate any other word to "Left". Simple association, regardless of the word used. Not saying "past" and "future" should be the terms used. Just saying you aren't on Mars when you are teleported so it isn't accurate and for some reason it bothers me. I admit it is petty and splitting hairs.

Just look at the radar. It'll point to the side that they're on. No more hair splitting over inaccurate terms.

HaleStorm

Is it really? Let's say you haven't read the grimoire cards or any reddit lore post. Which planetary enviroment does each one resemble? It's not like the lore behind the vault of glass isn't obtuse and hidden from sight.

When you are playing though it says "opening the timestream," then you start fighting either Precursors, or decendants in the same room you just left... How could being sent to a different planet make more sense that being sent to a different time?

Namikaze1

One can be knocked out of the arena easily with RPG.

Another can be also knocked out of the arena, but isn't guaranteed.

Third you most likely have to actually kill.
I remember accidentally sending one over the rails to his death. I kept looking around for his ass, wondering where he went. Hypehorn made sure the bastard fell to his death.

LordofPwn

oh cool, lemme just grind some strikes real qui--

"WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT"

noooooo

so which strike do you guys like the most

I'm ok with all of them except Cerberus Vae III (too long).
Devils Lair is easy
Summoning Pits is fast
The Nexus is cool looking (scenery change throughout is awesome) and quick
Winter's Run is the coolest boss encounter imo
*Dust Palace feels more like a story mission than a strike, the 3 bosses is an interesting idea, and pretty difficult/tedious to do solo on 24 as a 25...

Shito

Yeah, I like your idea quite a lot.
You could maybe try to post it on bungie.net forums. From the few times I went there it seems a bit like troll/complaints-land, but if it catches like on reddit, there's a high change Bungie will see it.
Not that I think they'll care, but it's worth trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom