• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaleStorm

DL was used as a bounty so much early on I got tired of it and it's one of the longest Strikes so i find it a chore now.

It is also one of only two with a ranged insta gib.

I find that the tank is much easier to deal with though. Ice Breaker and stand on the walkway on the previous part. it take less than 2 minutes to take him down and almost impossible to die. I know you can do the same thing in the back left against the devil walker, but I feel like it still takes longer than the tank.

gdt

Up for a normal Raid from the start Nowish. Have done it once with gaffers, join us! Got two of us so far.

Ps4 gdt5016

Overdoziz

Banned
I've been having some great luck with loot drops this week so far. Got the Gjallahorn from the raid, the Hawkmoon from the nightfall and the Mida Multi-tool from another nightfall run.

Now to level them all up.

Matchew

Anybody doing normal raid and need one more on the xbox one? Invite me please bevo0845 ... never completed the raid would like to do it. Level 28 warlock.

Mindlog

• vanguard marks -> crucible marks
  • crucible marks -> vanguard marks
  • marks -> mats
  • mats -> marks
  • eyes -> coins
  • coins -> eyes
  • mats <- -> mats
At this point I would do Motes -> Mats.

Got to the Gorgon Maze with three different characters on Hard yesterday. I got three drops! First was the raid Titan mark which is OK, but I like my Battle of Six Fronts mark better. Then there's Praedynth's revenge which is great, but my fifth copy. Finally I got gloves for my Titan.

80 Fucking Helium Filaments.

What are the metrics behind that decision? Just to get into the raid I pumped 48 into boots which will be replaced as soon as possible. Now I need 80 Helium Filaments. I'm not going to get them all at the same time. That would be crazy. However, that matters little because cumulatively I will have still wasted time grinding 80 fucking helium filaments just for the gloves. This ignores all the weapon upgrades dependent on helium.

'But you can farm 100 filaments an hour!'
..|.,

patchday

I think they'd have to up the limit on marks per week, marks in storage if they were going to combine everything. And I'm not sure they'd want to do anything to make the process faster.

I think, in general, some kind of conversion vendor would be nice:

• marks -> mats
  • mats -> marks
  • eyes -> coins
  • coins -> eyes
  • mats <- -> mats
There would be a tax on any conversion but at least it would give people flexibility particularly if someone's flush in one resource but badly needs a different one.

will never happen is my guess. Because that would allow people to navigate around the 200 mark limit. For isntance, crucible focused players would simply shift some marks over to evade the cap

Finally!

PYVnaeL.jpg

I can sleep soundly tonight.

dreaming about fatebringer, hawkmoon and the last word

Mars = Left

Venus = Right

Those two fucking portals are burned into my memory.

My group has always just done red/green. I get that the red portal looks like Mars. But it isn't Mars. Both are just the Vault in the future/past.

Red/green is easy to say, and I have never had to explain which is which more than once to a group.

Idk. Every group is different I guess.

patchday

Got to the Gorgon Maze with three different characters on Hard yesterday. I got three drops! First was the raid Titan mark which is OK, but I like my Battle of Six Fronts mark better. Then there's Praedynth's revenge which is great, but my fifth copy. Finally I got gloves for my Titan.

What are the metrics behind that decision? Just to get into the raid I pumped 48 into boots which will be replaced as soon as possible. Now I need 80 Helium Filaments. I'm not going to get them all at the same time. That would be crazy. However, that matters little because cumulatively I will have still wasted time grinding 80 fucking helium filaments just for the gloves. This ignores all the weapon upgrades dependent on helium.

..|.,

Yeah all the material grinding is just plain nonsense. Granted, I'm baffled how you guys level up stuff so quickly. Yall must be using some loot cave exploit or something?

It takes forever to unlock a 'pip'. So I never need many mats at one time

LiK

My group has always just done red/green. I get that the red portal looks like Mars. But it isn't Mars. Both are just the Vault in the future/past.

Red/green is easy to say, and I have never had to explain which is which more than once to a group.

Some groups used Desert and Jungle. Lots of cute terms people come up with.

..|.,

I've been complaining about this for days. It's even worse when you get multiple weapons to level up too. The materials requirements are beyond ridiculous and the only way to get them is to endure pure tedium.

I think they'd have to up the limit on marks per week, marks in storage if they were going to combine everything. And I'm not sure they'd want to do anything to make the process faster.

I think, in general, some kind of conversion vendor would be nice:

• marks -> mats
  • mats -> marks
  • eyes -> coins
  • coins -> eyes
  • mats <- -> mats
There would be a tax on any conversion but at least it would give people flexibility particularly if someone's flush in one resource but badly needs a different one.

I am not suggesting they be combined, I am suggesting you can spend either crucible marks or vanguard marks at the three optional factions. If you have 65 vanguard marks, you can buy boots. If you have 65 crucible marks, same. Not 30 of one and 35 of the other.

They should just make the marks for Dead Orbit, New Monarchy and FWC only work in crucible events.

All three are Crucible vendors that take crucible marks, the only issue is that people are gaining rep with them in vanguard events by wearing their marks.

Shit no. The last thing this game needs to do is block off more content from players with more grinding.

Hoodbury

Why do you need to even call out which one you get teleported into? Just put someone on both sides for the people outside. Or is Hard mode different and you need all 3 outside people on the same side?

Manp

oh cool, lemme just grind some strikes real qui--

"WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT"

noooooo

so which strike do you guys like the most

i don't really hate any... with a couple of trusty mates (you know who you are :D ) they're all quite easy.
worse in my opinion would be winter's run.

i find stupid that nightfall and weekly heroic are the same... we've played every strike like 1000 times already, no need to make me play the same one twice to get the good weekly rewards.

:)

LiK

Why do you need to even call out which one you get teleported into? Just put someone on both sides for the people outside. Or is Hard mode different and you need all 3 outside people on the same side?

Good players can still split them up cuz the Supps aren't a huge deal anymore. But knowing which side is important just to make sure you kill any Supps before they come out. That's all.

joecanada

..|.,

well im not a big fan of farming its pretty pointless filler in games... but you don't need all the filaments at once so you can go to the moon for 15 minutes a couple times a week and you should be fine.... just do a couple bounties, patrols, farm, your level will also go up for gear.... it's kinda dumb but not too bad.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Holy shit, what an epic hard mode raid. Warlocks rule!!

Atheon had like 5% health left and everyone died. I self-resurrected and just kept hitting him with the fatebringer/Ice Breaker and killed him before the supplicants got me. So fucking close. Phew!

(Thanks, kopyasu, toasty_T, unknown837, Ant26587 and DiscreteCat)

Did the hard raid again..Atheon with a sliver of life we were all the center shooting at him in hopes of killing him. All but me and one other guy got killed and we got teleported, when out of nowhere somewhere self-ressed outside and shot down the last of Atheons health. Definitely one of the most tense and memorable raid moments ever.

Got shards, energy, armor, Universal Remote and another Timebreaker. The Vex....you shall be mine one day.

That was the clutchest shit I've ever seen in my life lol

Yeah, it would've been a major PITA to do it all over again. Hope someone has the video.

Post the video :p

That was fucking epic guys. Here is the video by popular request. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCkwOw2iaNc

I thought cheesing him was being under the platform?

Valid. I just meant he couldn't be cheesed by pushing him off a cliff (based on the screenshot).

Maybe I should have said he doesn't like that particular type of cheese.

He can't be cheddar'd, but he can sure as hell be gouda'd.

well im not a big fan of farming its pretty pointless filler in games... but you don't need all the filaments at once so you can go to the moon for 15 minutes a couple times a week and you should be fine.... just do a couple bounties, patrols, farm, your level will also go up for gear.... it's kinda dumb but not too bad.

But I fucking doooooo, I've got a bunch of weapon maxed out on xp, all of my alts could hit 29 but I need so many materials. I'm not making any progress without grinding those. Just visiting the moon for 15 minutes once a week doesn't make a dent.

CornDogg

Forgot about Left/Right, that's ideal but for new people that won't work.
*Where you at, left or right?*
uh.... it kinda looks like mars...

Mars = Left

Venus = Right

Those two fucking portals are burned into my memory.

Radar, y'all.

Hoodbury

Good players can still split them up cuz the Supps aren't a huge deal anymore. But knowing which side is important just to make sure you kill any Supps before they come out. That's all.

You can kill them from both sides. Actually have a pretty good angle on the ones on the opposite side because you can shoot at them before they get on the other side of the portal.

I've only done that part 4 times but I always just stayed on the right side, told another person to just go to the left side and the third person can go to whichever side they want. I kill the 3 that come to the right side first, then I help out with the ones that go to the left side and get them down to mostly half life or less by the time they reach the person on the left pedestal.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've been complaining about this for days. It's even worse when you get multiple weapons to level up too. The materials requirements are beyond ridiculous and the only way to get them is to endure pure tedium.

I have no clue how some of you find it boring/tedious, I enjoy it
Shit I do it efficiently and maximize a lot of things at once

I used to complain about armor materials for my alts, but that has subsided due to material farming

I patrol + bounty then just go to the area where the bounties will be maximized
Seriously I have 3 characters who always hit 100 Vanguard marks and 50+ on crucible, I don't even PvP anymore

My Warlock has all factions to 3, Vanguard and Crucible now slowly climbing to 5+
My Hunter has 2 Factions done to 3, Vanguard Rank 3, last faction is 2.5 at the moment, Crucible @1.5
My Titan has 1 faction @3, Vanguard Rank 3, 2nd faction is @2.5, Crucible @Rank 1

Those chest/node loops/routes do have a meaning behind them
I mean 1 hour a day for 7 days and you'd be flushed with materials + rep + mark + glimmer + engrams + armor material + ship

LiK

You can kill them from both sides. Actually have a pretty good angle on the ones on the opposite side because you can shoot at them before they get on the other side of the portal.

I've only done that part 4 times but I always just stayed on the right side, told another person to just go to the left side and the third person can go to whichever side they want. I kill the 3 that come to the right side first, then I help out with the ones that go to the left side and get them down to mostly half life or less by the time they reach the person on the left pedestal.

I always hate the ones that decide to go down to the sides towards the outer walls. Sneaky fucks.

does it still look red/brown to colorblind people?

i'd say desert/jungle is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom