• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganhyun

Didn't see this posted, but figured I'd share.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...theon_cheese_simpler_than_the_warlock_revive/

This is one way listed to cheese Atheon now. Apparently the warlock pushed him towards the middle,, he walks onto the shield, and shield guy lets the barrier go when hes in a spot to fall. Its timing based though.

Also, apparently there is another glitch that lets warlocks outside revive after those inside die and drop the relic and such. those outside revive in the countdown and the curses dont hit them, so they can hit a non-moving Atheon to their hearts content.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Got one more strange coin from a public event to hit 23 right before PSN went down.

Xur, come at me with that Last Word, playboy.

Question is if this maintenance will actually do something. I'm understanding of when these events started and that it's possible that some of Sony's response in that time, but this hasn't been handled well at all.

Anyway, I'm surprised at how many strange coins I've received today. Skipped the last two or so Xur offerings, so I'm sitting at 49 by last count.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It took us over two hours to kill atheon. Everytime someone would screw up or the game would glitch somehow. You guys attempting flawless are insane.

Got shards and shader. Yay...

Experiences like this are why I'll support any type of cheesing players come up with.

Bungie: Congratulations on beating the hardest challenge we've ever created! Here are your 3 shards and a shader.

Me:
iRYT3sMLcaWbC.gif

Cheese it out, brehs.

I'm working on my second one myself. Wish you would've gotten the bounty earlier today, though. Gunsmith was selling rare Fusion Rifles. That's like the hardest part of the bounty out of the way, right there.
I've had 12 rare fusion rifles in storage for weeks. I'm already 100 kills into the last step an hour after getting the bounty (then got bored and took like a 4 hour nap wtf)

Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm sure people have double that at this point. I buy just about every exotic armor he brings just to pad out my collection. Last week I bought a second Armamentarium and trashed the one I bought the week before because it had more discipline. I bought the Hunter wolf chest which I haven't used once and about 10 strange coins worth of telemetries.

One of the few Vanguard offerings I don't know much about at all. If you do pick it up, please post a review.

Sure will. Haven't used it, but it looks not too far off from the Prudence II that has been my legendary sniper on back up. Slightly slower RoF but edges out on Impact.

patchday

I was trying to raise enough strange coins incase Xur comes with Gjallarhorn. Well low and behold I just earned it from a Nightfall. Good thing I decided to run nightfall again on one of my other characters. I didnt even want to do nightfall (already ran it earlier this week on another character) but decided to help out a friend that needed to run it

Didn't see this posted, but figured I'd share.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...theon_cheese_simpler_than_the_warlock_revive/

This is one way listed to cheese Atheon now. Apparently the warlock pushed him towards the middle,, he walks onto the shield, and shield guy lets the barrier go when hes in a spot to fall. Its timing based though.

Also, apparently there is another glitch that lets warlocks outside revive after those inside die and drop the relic and such. those outside revive in the countdown and the curses dont hit them, so they can hit a non-moving Atheon to their hearts content.

lol we were so close to doing this. we had him on top of the shield all we needed was to knock him to the side but times vengeance ended and we got teleported.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Thanks to not buying anything last week and Nightfall giving me strange coins as a reward I have 53 saved up. Xur, you'd better have something good for me!

Selfishly I wish Xur will bring the Last Word... But I kinda hope he brings Gjallarhorn so that those without one can experience its might.
Hard raid essential item.

So I was in Tiger Strike and the Mars strike with the Colossus boss came up. Some guy with the gamertag of "Spawn Apollo" decided to be a douche bag and sit at spawn (his name surprisingly fits his style) and cheese it. I could have left, yes, but that's unfair to the other guy playing. So I make myself stay and help out the actual participant (shout out for PLAYRH8TR for being useful).This is one thing I hate about the RNG in the game rewards page. You can do absolutely nothing in this shit and still get rewarded. What's worse is that if there's 3 people and only 2 are playing, the game is still modified for 3 people, making fighting the modified mobs a damn chore. Fix this absurd system you thought was intelligent, Bungie.

Next game I get another spawn camper, who did eventually start playing, but halfway through. Frustrated with what I see becoming a thing, I'm already deciding to call it a night to avoid getting pissed off. Rewards screen comes up...and this happens.

f7E9jTB.jpg

Game gives me Hard Light assault rifle. Primary I've wanted so bad falls into my hands. It's like RNGesus blessed me for my deeds or something :')

Big thanks to Hawkian and everyone who finished the beginners raid tonight. I'm pretty stoked I got my first piece of raid gear. I have no idea how I'm still awake. That battle is so much harder with the random teleports. It took me so long to start feeling comfortable.

Any group doing the Hard mode Raid?

I need the leg armor :( ..

I think it drops at the second part of the raid? So I'd appreciate it if someone can help me pass that part only

ocean

Banned
The longest Raid I've ever been in by far was also one of the most interesting. Thanks Hawkian! We had all done the Raid before but were just toying around with roles and positions we'd never used before. It took us four and a half hours instead of the average two, but it was rewarding.

It was also the best Raid I've had loot-wise. I got Ice Breaker (which I already had but whatever, still an excellent Exotic drop), Corrective Measure and Red Death. My Void Zombie Apocalypse is extremely similar to CM and I don't use Pulse Rifles so these aren't things I wanted but I'll still acknowledge these are good drops. I've had runs where I literally only see shader/ass/ship.

Won't lie, still a little salty it'll be yet another week until I can get one of my characters at 30. Both my characters have Raid Helm+Boots and Exotics to cover the rest - Gauntlets or Chest for my Warlock or Titan would finally let me crack 30. Alas, RNG does not wish it to be so.

Vision of Confluence - maybe you will be mine next week. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom