• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
I'm half through Nightfall with my hunter and really don't want to die. If anyone wants to join, please do. I'll set to open. I'm also planning on staying at the top for the last boss and just worrying about the minotaur every 30 seconds. No mic since it's late.

edit - I died. nevermind

Futaba

I'm half through Nightfall with my hunter and really don't want to die. If anyone wants to join, please do. I'll set to open. I'm also planning on staying at the top for the last boss and just worrying about the minotaur every 30 seconds. No mic since it's late.

what console?

joecanada

So I was in Tiger Strike and the Mars strike with the Colossus boss came up. Some guy with the gamertag of "Spawn Apollo" decided to be a douche bag and sit at spawn (his name surprisingly fits his style) and cheese it. I could have left, yes, but that's unfair to the other guy playing. So I make myself stay and help out the actual participant (shout out for PLAYRH8TR for being useful).This is one thing I hate about the RNG in the game rewards page. You can do absolutely nothing in this shit and still get rewarded. What's worse is that if there's 3 people and only 2 are playing, the game is still modified for 3 people, making fighting the modified mobs a damn chore. Fix this absurd system you thought was intelligent, Bungie.

Next game I get another spawn camper, who did eventually start playing, but halfway through. Frustrated with what I see becoming a thing, I'm already deciding to call it a night to avoid getting pissed off. Rewards screen comes up...and this happens.

f7E9jTB.jpg

Game gives me Hard Light assault rifle. Primary I've wanted so bad falls into my hands. It's like RNGesus blessed me for my deeds or something :')

Hey man I just found hard light too but it seems way too crazy to handle, maybe it's better with upgrades? Mine has second half clip extra dmg which must be pretty good on a gun with low impact like this one

CaptDjob

Neo Member
Yesterday first Raid with this new random teleporting. Have to say that this is really an improvement to the game. Makes is so much more intense and gives some variation to the end game. Me like.
And no armour yet for me but might be understandable as this was just third pass.
Got Praedyth Revenge and Antheons Epilogue though so not all bad. In addition I have VoC, Corrective Measure and Ice Breaker so fire and void are now in good level. No arc weapons yet from Raid (are there any?).

Milennia

I want to buy all these games in November but warlords of draenor and destiny expansion/raid farming are a serious time sink together...

Don't know how I'm gonna find time for far cry 4 and dragon age

GhaleonEB

Um. What does it mean when you turn on the PS4 and the center light stripe is stuck pulsing orange, but it won't turn on?

I have a bad feeling about it.

Hahaha awesome. I know now. I'm awful at matching up Gaf names and PSN/Live names.

SO THATS YOU! Got your FR and I only know you're mutual friends with other gaffers.

If you guys need a third, I am leveling up a warlock as well

LOL took me a little bit to connect the psn to the GAF name as well

Yep. I think I have everyone's psn and gaf matched up by now, barring a couple who don't post much in the thread.

Sure thing raw, the more the better (and faster).

Also looking to do a hard raid in about 7 hours.

Rtas

Anyone able to lend a hand with the nightfall on Xbox one? level 29 lock able to solo all the way to nexus but keep getting owned because I've not got someone else to help. Any takers?

GT: Deathman1000

Hey man I just found hard light too but it seems way too crazy to handle, maybe it's better with upgrades? Mine has second half clip extra dmg which must be pretty good on a gun with low impact like this one

I look at it as a mob killer once you get both perks unlocked. Glass Half Full + Penetrating shots that ricochet sounds like a mob killer to me :D

I have hard light but it's not leveled enough to unlock stability perk. It's a little hard to control but it's still a lot of fun imo. The bottom half of magazine damage perk is nothing like the suros regime perk and is basically useless. The most damage increase I've seen from the bottom half of magazine has been +2 for precision damage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
victory! :D Thanks to all who tuned in, and sorry about the initial weirdness with the party chat. Gotta remember to ask everyone to opt-in. I'm definitely going to be getting into streaming more as I get these runs down to a science.

Well great work guys! I'm so glad you all stuck with it through to the end. I get a kick out of just seeing a group progress- and those last few cycles were getting really, really tight in execution.

One thing that scares me about the hard raid is that, even when a run's going really well, one person might die and we can just keep the round alive and get them next time- we did it successfully multiple times tonight- but there's no chance of that on Hard.

After each of these sessions, I'll post the tips that occurred to me as we played though, so that anyone starting out raiding can benefit from them. There's no substitute for experience though, so get your slot for next week's if you want in!

• I think I may not have explained the Relic controls very well as they pertained to the Atheon fight. All of us got our hands on it which is great, but here's a summary of how (at least in my eyes) best to use it:
    • R1 is a basic melee smash. This is decent damage but only hits one target, and it's really not that ideal an attack. But it is VERY useful for gliding through the air, Bladedancer style, especially to position for a...
    • R2 Jump Smash- this is my main attack on offense using the Relic. It does an AoE wave in all directions, so your position can easily kill multiple things. When fighting Minotaurs or Hobgoblins, I tap jump and smash, just barely leaving the ground and smashing in rapid succession. If I need to cover some ground, I double jump then smash from the apex of my jump. It actually homes in on targets a bit.
    • L1 is the cleanse/bubble shield. One thing I didn't explain outright is that whenever it is picked up, the cleanse is on cooldown and you need to wait for it. So if the Relic holder dies, it's quite a lot tougher to recover because the cooldown is reset when the next person picks it up.
    • R1+L1, the super, is aimed just like Nova Bomb but shoots very straight and fast. The projectile itself is bulky though, so a clear shot without obstacles in the way is better than a very precise shot. This can actually be used to damage Atheon a lot during Time's Vengeance when using certain strategies (obviously not the center/burn one we used).
    • Triangle drops the relic. However, on the Gatekeeper and Atheon phases, the Relic(s) being on the ground means you are seconds away from wiping, so this is almost always a bad idea.
  • Remember, when the last Oracle is killed inside, Time's Vengeance is active and the 30 second countdown starts. Getting to the middle and popping the shield isn't actually related to the damage we can do to him, it's just convenient and keeps Atheon's focus. But as soon as you see the buff up, you can damage him from wherever you are, and sometimes it's even in your best interest not to jump to the center. That last phase, I wasn't the relic holder which meant it was time for Gjallarhorn, and I knew the rounds I had on me could end him- so I just stayed up by the Green gate and did the job from there.
  • Like I mentioned during, I don't know if it's a legit tip or not, but I've ceased having the "didn't teleport when running through gate" glitch by just walking, rather than sprinting back out.
  • In both Green and Red, the only jobs of the Relic holder are killing the mobs (first) and cleansing the Oracle killers (second). On Red, the Oracle killers ONLY kill Oracles- attacking the hobgoblins but not one-shotting them will trigger their shield, which can actually make things tougher. On Green, killing the Minotaur is paramount. The Oracle killers (or ideally, just one of the two) can concentrate on getting the Minotaur down, and the Relic holder should mention when the Minotaur is definitely killed so the focus can shift completely back to Oracles.
  • If you come out of the portal and are on the correct "side" (i.e. back out of the Red or Green map) but still very disoriented (sometimes you wind up on the other side of the gate or just get turned around)- spin your camera around and look for the Relic symbol. If you head toward the Relic holder, you're almost always going to the right place. This can also work, if you get lucky, while Marked and your vision goes dark- aim for the Relic holder and jump that way.
  • Even though it's possible, the 3 people inside the portal should never exit until Time's Vengeance appears- indicating the last Oracle was successfully killed.
Overall everyone performed really well even at the jobs they were unprepared for, and there was a lot of improvement just round-to-round. If we were to run again right now with the same group, I have no doubt it would take less than half the time. Also saw some decent drops there ;) I hope you guys had fun! I really enjoyed it myself. I took on multiple jobs I had never done before and definitely improved my overall skill level as a result.

JackHerer

Unfortunately it's pretty underwhelming even when fully upgraded. It has a little to much recoil to be a good AR for crucible and with its relatively short ranged compared to other ARs it's not even that useful for PvE. The unique upgrade it has isn't actually very unique. It just combines ricocheting and over penetrating bullets into one.

Particularly disappointing because it is the best looking AR in the game IMO.

phen0m24

Freaking fun raid. Wow that took a while but it was really a blast. Learned what to do with the relic and really enjoyed the Templar fight with the relic. Had a great time and thanks Hawkian for setting it up!

Getting the Epilogue was awesome as well.

So guys what gun should I use for pve and pvp, these are my options.

1. Shadow Price ( field scout and glass half full)
  2. Fatebringer
  3. Suros Regime
  4. Vanquisher
  5. Hard light
  6. Hawkmoon
  7. Vision of confluence

I usually run with Fatebringer but really want to give shadow price a shot but I don't know if its worth it or not.
I've used Suros a couple of times and I'm not a big fan. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Soft light and Hawkmoon are currently in the vault along with VOC

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man I just realized (about to crash) that I had hit the 200 vanguard mark cap without even noticing- gotta watch that! I grabbed the solar Light/Beware in stock to give to my Warlock who is thirsty for a great fusion rifle. After collecting every Exotic, if I'm still not done with Destiny, I'm going after every legendary hand cannon and fusion rifle.

So guys what gun should I use for pve and pvp, these are my options.

1. Shadow Price ( field scout and glass half full)
  2. Fatebringer
  3. Suros Regime
  4. Vanquisher
  5. Hard light
  6. Hawkmoon
  7. Vision of confluence

I usually run with Fatebringer but really want to give shadow price a shot but I don't know if its worth it or not.
I've used Suros a couple of times and I'm not a big fan. Maybe it'll grow on me.
Soft light and Hawkmoon are currently in the vault along with VOC
VoC is the best primary for PVE in the game IMO though there are some great hand cannons so might be a preference thing but it's hard to beat elemental damage, full auto, max stability so you can spam crit shots whether it be head or vex stomach, AND it allows you to equip a great exotic elsewhere like Ice Breaker or G-Horn. It also does bonus damage to oracles being a raid weapon.

For PvP, Suros seems to rule the world at the moment but if you don't want to use that, either Fatebringer or Hawkmoon, experiment with both and see which you like better. I'd think Fate since you can equip another exotic.

edit - I died. nevermind
Shouldn't have stayed up top. There's a safer place at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom