• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

PSA: if you're carrying 5 exotic weapons of the same type, legendary weapon engrams of that type will not under any circumstance drop another exotic. (maximum carry is currently 5, so it will provide a legendary or shards/energy instead of a 6th exotic)

This is confirmed?

Acorn

PSA: if you're carrying 5 exotic weapons of the same type, legendary weapon engrams of that type will not under any circumstance drop another exotic. (maximum carry is currently 5, so it will provide a legendary or shards/energy instead of a 6th exotic)
Weird good to know.

I assume by type you mean primary, special and heavy?

Damn the Nexus is tough with void burn

Lol wut? Solo'd the weekly heroic in like 10-15 minutes. Ran right past the vast majority of the enemies. Just use a void sniper or LMG (or Gjallarhorn of course) to take out the purple balls in the first room, skip past everything after that up until the final boss. There's places to hide in the final boss room where you can shoot him and completely ignore the adds. Easiest/quickest weekly heroic yet.

I guess if you're trying to do it 'legit' killing all the adds in the final boss room it probably is a pain in the arse. Best to just go where you can ignore them.

Lol wut? Solo'd the weekly heroic in like 10-15 minutes. Ran right past the vast majority of the enemies. Just use a void sniper or LMG (or Gjallarhorn of course) to take out the purple balls in the first room, skip past everything after that up until the final boss. There's places to hide in the final boss room where you can shoot him and completely ignore the adds. Easiest/quickest weekly heroic yet.

I guess if you're trying to do it 'legit' killing all the adds in the final boss room it probably is a pain in the arse. Best to just go where you can ignore them.

Where? I stay up top and deal with the minotaur

jadedm17

Hard checkpoint pls :p
Yea, right, we still got cheese?
I'd love a checkpoint or to help try - I'm a warlock - if anyone on ps4 is interested.
notjaded

So the rumors are true. How do these things pass testing?

I'm not sure but you could argue it's easier to find with millions of players then however many they've got. That being sad it's hilarious they don't just make him teleport back like suggested here. Almost is funny is how long their fix took and how long it took the community to work around it. This game is a serious mess.

Considering we got more glitches after patch. I don't think they tested anything.

Hah, "stability update"? *gets disconnected more that night then previous months*

TTG

Hey there Xur, buddy, you're going to have a helmet engram and some special/heavy weapon this week, aren't you? All of a sudden I need a helmet to get to 30(in combination with future Iron Banner gear) and another week to accumulate enough coins for The Last Word, which you'll be saving for me, to get the timing right. Thanks.

I'm not sure but you could argue it's easier to find with millions of players then however many they've got. That being sad it's hilarious they don't just make him teleport back like suggested here. Almost is funny is how long their fix took and how long it took the community to work around it. This game is a serious mess

That argument held true the first time round. But now, after they release a patch to fix the very same problem it seems a little flimsy right?

Hey there Xur, buddy, you're going to have a helmet engram and some special/heavy weapon this week, aren't you? All of a sudden I need a helmet to get to 30(in combination with future Iron Banner gear) and another week to accumulate enough coins for The Last Word, which you'll be saving for me, to get the timing right. Thanks.

I approve of the helmet engram, but I need rng to be with me. Can't have no hunter or town helmet popping up. I need this exotic to hit 30. The raid helmet has been dodging me

Never got around to reading the grimoire cards but this right here makes me want too. It's a shame that all this is buried away. Pretty interesting stuff and cool to know when playing the raid.

--------------
The Relic was made by the Titan Kabr when he and his group went in to the vault. He ended up staying behind alone and tried to fight off the vex. In his fight he managed to destroy a Gorgon and smashed its 'corpse' into the form of the relic. It creates a stable bubble of space time that allows you and your group to exist within the vault (due to it being made of a Gorgon which can determine if things exists just by looking at them). This counters the Templar and Oracles abilities to expunge you from reality, this is why you have to cleanse etc.

After the Templar fight, Atheon (we think) moves the Relic into the Past and Future to separate it from the guardians. This is the set up for the gate keepers fight. By bringing the Relic through both gates you bring it back to the present. Atheon is forced out into the 'open' where he has to try and kill you himself. He flings the Relic into the past and future all the time in the boss fight because he knows without it the guardians can be erased.

I hope to God Xur sells something good this weekend like Gjallahorn.

If not that, at least something else worth having like MIDA Multitool, Plan C or Hawkmoon.

TTG

I approve of the helmet engram, but I need rng to be with me. Can't have no hunter or town helmet popping up. I need this exotic to hit 30. The raid helmet has been dodging me

I know and it's a small percentage roll because there are so many exotic helmets out there. But I've got nothing else to do with these motes and I've given up on the idea that there will ever be an exotic weapon engram for sale.

panda-zebra

Looks to me like the groups of people saying they "push Atheon onto the shield" are actually just hanging around while the warlock/s push him over a glass floor, he seems to go pretty much the same route in that video as the shield-climbing one.

Have to give this a go later, even though I don't need to 'beat' Atheon hard, would just be good to attempt.

Zakalwe

Banned
Actually i think most were lag related. Like oracles taking too long to spawn. People taking damage inside the relic shield.
Twice i walked through the portal and i was still inside. Both times it happened i was in venus.

People taking damage inside the shield.

Almost certain this only happens if you keep nudging the relic holder.

They need to just leave Atheon alone and focus on the stuff that ACTUALLY needs to be patched.

Like the bugs, glitches, lack of real chat, etc.

Of course, that would require actually making the game better. Bungie seems to be intent on going in the other direction.

Its hilarious how the patch broke the vault more. I didn't think it was possible.

People taking damage inside the shield.

Almost certain this only happens if you keep nudging the relic holder.

Zal I've had people standing a foot away from me suddely get damage and die and this is when I positioned the relic shield such that that oversized gate lord crossed with a cat's bolts don't reach the platform.

Edit: this came out wrong. I'm not disputing what you're saying just giving an example of my experience.

4Pwlum0.jpg

Steroyd

People playing Control like it's Clash :/

To be honest, you should be playing like it's clash... After you hold 2 zones.

Actually thinking on it control is a stupid mode, if you get the right control points and stop them from spawning in the wrong place, it's hard to lose.

For me its skirmish. Ffs people don't be a hero and stick together but nope one f***** has to go off and have holes blown into him as he turns a corner.

That does my head in, it's a known fact that 3 vs 1, you're always going to lose especially when you can revive teammates and revive buffs the health to make things even harder.

Jinjo

Pls no Gjallarhorn Xur. I already have three.

So I did it, went a day without booting up Destiny since release. Damn. First step to kicking the addiction. Goddamn Xur is gonna pull me back in though.

What do you guys think about the new lv32 light level cap? It kind of renders most exotic useless in the Crota raid, since those will only give +30 light right? What's Bungie going to do about that? When the DLC hits all of a sudden the best items in the game suddenly won't be that good anymore, since level matters so much in the raid.

So I did it, went a day without booting up Destiny since release. Damn. First step to kicking the addiction. Goddamn Xur is gonna pull me back in though.

What do you guys think about the new lv32 light level cap? It kind of renders most exotic useless in the Crota raid, since those will only give +30 light right? What's Bungie going to do about that? When the DLC hits all of a sudden the best items in the game suddenly won't be that good anymore, since level matters so much in the raid.

I think the exotic armor core will let you upgrade your armor to get higher light level

Acorn

But I don't have it :(

Jinjo

But I don't have it :(

I'm so sorry lol. I'd trade you mine...oh wait... :(

Lol, so you can still do it after all! They'll probably get on this asap. Meanwhile, the old and new bugs will remain untouched.

I can't believe they forgot to put up bumpers near the middle.... Bungie got outplayed again. You're totally right btw. They will probably patch this first before the actual real bugs with the raid/game. It's shameful. The difficulty of this raid of theirs is completely an ego thing and it's making them ignore the actual problems with the game.

I think the exotic armor core will let you upgrade your armor to get higher light level

Oh okay, that might make sense. Just hope it's not an infinite grind to get that thing though. Xur item maybe?

To be honest, you should be playing like it's clash... After you hold 2 zones.

Actually thinking on it control is a stupid mode, if you get the right control points and stop them from spawning in the wrong place, it's hard to lose.

Yeah but many just don't have the patience to control a zone at all. Usually there's just one person even bothering and the rest just play it like it's Clash, even if there's no zone controlled at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom