• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

This game is trying to make me snap

I've been lvl 27 3/4 for a while and needed 2 shards to ugrade my next piece

Ran VoG for the first time (very fun) and after completing the raid

Sniper rifle (that I had)
Bunch of ascendant energy
The white shader

I finally say fuck it and dismantle a exotic voidwalker helm I had found previously but never use to get the 2 shards...and my light barely went up

I now need 6 more shards to upgrade the next piece and even then do not think it will make me hit 28

I'm gettng back into shelving this game mode lol this is not fun

Jaleel

Yeah, the one I have has 116 intellect. Ugh, I'm going to have to buy this new one and level it up.

Yup, bought titan chest first week of sale and fully upgraded it has 117 dis. New one has a base of 136. Bought. Thank god I'm swimming in ass shards.

X-Frame

Damnit, the Armamentarium has even more Discipline this week than last week. Only +5 more, and not worth me re-buying for a 3rd time, but still -- crazy.

The Voidfang ones seem to be a lot higher than the first 2 offerings in terms of the Strength roll, I may bite. That and the Lucky Raspberry is also a high stat toll, I don't have either.

kriskrosbbk

Just bought it.I have played the Alpha and the Beta,but man this game disconnects a lot.
Whats going on guys? Is it usually like this?

Yup, bought titan chest first week of sale and fully upgraded it has 117 dis. New one has a base of 136. Bought. Thank god I'm swimming in ass shards.

Man, I bought the second one from last week which had 131 and trashed the previous one. Now it's even better lol. Don't think I'm crazy enough level up another one for 5 discipline.

Or am I?
probably :(

Jaleel

Man, I bought the second one from last week which had 131 and trashed the previous one. Now it's even better lol. Don't think I'm crazy enough level up another one for 5 discipline.

Or am I?
probably :(

I only need raid gloves for 30 so I figured I might as well buy this chest in case raid gloves don't roll any dis I can still have 100% grenade cooldown.

Ambitious

Buying the Lucky Raspberry would get me closer to level 30 (already got raid helmet + boots), but I'd rather use the exotic slot for my Symbiote helmet. I better finish the raid first, maybe I'll get the chest piece.

Steroyd

I rolled the dice with the exotic Engram, had to buy 2, but I got a good warlock helm, yay!

Of course it levelled up the cryptarch and got bugger all from that.

Yes its does, only downside is there's a recharge for it so you can't go in and out of invisibility repeatedly by tapping zoom.

Yeah I just tested this again...there's no cooldown for me. .I'm sitting here in cosmo popping in and out of stealth but there may be a cooldown after a certain amount of cloak/decloaks because sometimes it doesn't trigger for me. Same is true for declooaking by shooting. I can fire a shot off, drop and rescope and be cloaked again in 4 seconds.

Hmm weighing up if I want it or not :/

In case you miss it:

Yeah I just tested this again...there's no cooldown for me.I'm sitting here in cosmo popping in and out of stealth but there may be a cooldown after a certain amount of cloak/decloaks because sometimes it doesn't trigger for me. Same is true for declooaking by shooting. I can fire a shot off, drop and rescope and be cloaked again in 4 seconds.

I think the instances where I don't recloak again after 4 seconds is when i press scope again before the descope animation is fully finished...need to test more...but I can confirm 100% that in pve you can continuously cloak and decloak by either releasing scope or firing, releasing scope and rescoping...if this helps your decision. I think it's an awesome rifle, if you have the coins to spare you should do it. :)

Rubenov

Bought Patience and Time... immediately disappointed as a heavy Ice Breaker user, but I'll save it for Arc Burn Nightfalls.

maomaoIYP

Great weekend with Xur for me.
Arma with discipline, Raspberry with high intelligence, and the Voidfang has even higher strength than my fully upgraded version. It's crazyyyy!

Acorn

In case you miss it:

I think the instances where I don't recloak again after 4 seconds is when i press scope again before the descope animation is fully finished...need to test more...but I can confirm 100% that in pve you can continuously cloak and decloak by either releasing scope or firing, releasing scope and rescoping...if this helps your decision. I think it's an awesome rifle, if you have the coins to spare you should do it. :)
Thank you, I think I will buy it. Only other thing I wanted was the sparrow upgrade but I'll get that next week

Damn, is Voidfang Str +128 for everyone? The one I bought from him the first time he sold them is +125 fully upgraded. Will have to buy and upgrade it again...

Zakalwe

Banned
Bought Patience and Time... immediately disappointed as a heavy Ice Breaker user, but I'll save it for Arc Burn Nightfalls.

You do realise you need to level exotics first before you can understand their potential, right?

Just because a weapon is BiS for many encounters doesn't mean another of the same class won't ever be useful or fun to use.

Getting REALLY tired of my luck in this game. Ran the Nightfall with all 3 characters. Got a Vanquisher VII or whatever, 7 Ascendant Energy and 7 Ascendant Shards. I have enough energy and shards because that is all I ever get from the raid. Then Xur shows up and sells this stupid garbage again. I just want a Hawkmoon or TLW :(.

Wait.. So exotic armor pieces from Xur get different stat rolls?

That is really stupid that they did that, honestly. Another dumb little minute thing to obsess over that the player has no control of. They really need to give the option to reroll stats for motes of light like they're doing for Timur's Lash if they're going to make the stats variable. Raid gear too. If you've managed to get an exotic or raid piece you've already "earned" it (whether through actual work or beating the RNG). They can still have their precious RNGesus with random mote rerolls, it will just give the player a modicum of control.

This is some BS. Do weapon stats vary from time to time too I wonder?

no

each item generated in the game will have a random stat roll within a certain range. I rolled an insanely high voidfang a few weeks ago from when he was selling chest engrams, even higher than what xur is selling now.

Lucky raspberry at +140 is going to end up +40 intel higher than people who bought it the last time he sold it (which caps at 110).

I personally don't think it's worth farming the mats over again and releveling the same item unless it's that huge of a difference (such as +40). If you're a pvper the stats matter a BIT more, but they are more or less completely irrelevant towards your efficacy at PVE.

maomaoIYP

I wouldn't bother replacing my exotic armor as long as the roll is the correct stat. What difference is a few percentage points going to make?

Deku Tree

Now that I found out that the daily doesn't help with providing XP for weapons... Does anyone know where I can find a list of activities that provide XP bumps for weapon upgrades?

Off the top of my head:

Bounties
Daily public event
Weekly?
Nightfall?
Leveling up factions/cryptarch?
Small XP bump for each kill

Daemul

Armamentarium again?!! This is fucking bullshit. I already own P&T so this week has nothing for me, I sure as hell ain't gambling on an exotic engram again, fuck that shit.

Well, with nothing new for me to buy and upgrade that's me done with the game until Tuesday.

This game is trying to make me snap

I've been lvl 27 3/4 for a while and needed 2 shards to ugrade my next piece

Ran VoG for the first time (very fun) and after completing the raid

Sniper rifle (that I had)
Bunch of ascendant energy
The white shader

I finally say fuck it and dismantle a exotic voidwalker helm I had found previously but never use to get the 2 shards...and my light barely went up

I now need 6 more shards to upgrade the next piece and even then do not think it will make me hit 28

I'm gettng back into shelving this game mode lol this is not fun

You are maybe playing the game wrong? Daily heroic missions and a daily public event should nicely provide you with shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom