• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I focus on leveling in terms of usefulness in raid (only normal for now)? Suros Regime or Atheon's Epilogue?
I can't speak for Suros, but I think Athen's Epilogue is great for the raid. Large ammo capacity, great magazine size, and it eats through the Praetorians. It's damage is so-so, and definitely worth maxing out.

Shit man! I landed a full set and a half of raid armor for my two lvl 30 warlocks and would have broken my disc in two if i had your luck. Ok i lied... i'd have driven to GameStop and traded it in for CoD:AW lol.

Still might. There aint SHIT to do at lvl 30.

The thing is even with all the game's faults (and there are many), I enjoy playing it. I haven't been this hooked on a game since The Witcher 2. But it's really frustrating getting Chatterwhites, Fragments of the Prime, ships and ass mats over and over again. I'm just lucky a found a great group of people to do the raid with, it's always fun even with the shit rewards.

When I saw "something something of the Hezen Lords" drop halfway through the raid this week I almost had a heart attack. I was so happy... Then the raid proceeded to give ass mats, Fragment of the Prime and Chatterwhite for the rest of it.

Yeah, I got REALLY lucky with the raid gear, it only took me four runs, yet there's people who've have done the raid on three separate characters since the week it's come out and they still haven't gotten shit.

I'm seriously beginning to believe that there has to be some sort of hidden luck stat which determines how often you get with loot, the disparity in the gearing process is just too big, even with the randomness.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the hidden luck or RNGeebus favor stat. Even when I get lucky, it's a limited kind of luck. I got Heart of the Praxic Fire from the single exotic chest engram I bought from Xur a few weeks ago. I love my HotPF, I'm really happy I have it.

But mine maxed out at Dis +115. And I was inspecting someone with one the other day and their's was around +130. I was a bit disappointed. Sure, I have it and it's a permanent gear piece with my girlLock (makes her look like an Adepta Sororitas from WH40000), but was a bit sad that even my extremely favorable roll didn't include one of the highest stat rolls.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm at Atheon on hard, but my raid team disbanded. Can any experienced raiders help me finish him off? I want that helm so bad...

I need a full fireteam, and can play now.

PSN Rogo

We did this just yesterday!

EL CUCO

Last night I took a group of fairly new Raiders to the VoG. It was the most challenging Atheon has ever been. The bugs and glitches kicked our ass. To add to that, half the team had zero Relic experience. Then one guy had to go and we couldn't get a replacement because of the PSN maintenance.

It's definitely harder to bring new people through the Raid, with Atheon's random selection but it makes the guys better all around players. As opposed to saying "sit here and kill Suplicants, shoot boss when we come out", they actually get to learn the mechanics. Shame that Atheon was so glitchy, though.

Overall I had a lot of fun and looking forward to finishing him off tonight.

keakster

Anyone know if there is a cap on Motes of Light or Strange Coins? Zur has nothing for me this week but if there is a cap then I will just buy a bunch of engrams to level the cryptarch

MADGAME

Last night I took a group of fairly new Raiders to the VoG. It was the most challenging Atheon has ever been. The bugs and glitches kicked our ass. To add to that, half the team had zero Relic experience. Then one guy had to go and we couldn't get a replacement because of the PSN maintenance.

It's definitely harder to bring new people through the Raid, with Atheon's random selection but it makes the guys better all around players. As opposed to saying "sit here and kill Suplicants, shoot boss when we come out", they actually get to learn the mechanics. Shame that Atheon was so glitchy, though.

Overall I had a lot of fun and looking forward to finishing him off tonight.

I find the Templar a great place for players to get accustomed to the Relic. You are really OP with it there, and it isn't as frantic as the Atheon encounter so there is more time to learn kiting, smashing, super, melee and cleansing.

Assuming of course you do it legit which is manageable enough on normal, even with newer Raid players.

excowboy

Anyone know if there is a cap on Motes of Light or Strange Coins? Zur has nothing for me this week but if there is a cap then I will just buy a bunch of engrams to level the cryptarch

Is it even worth it? I just hit level 15 with Rahool (I know some are way ahead of that) and he's only ever given me one Legendary item for levelling up. Normally just get loads of useless blue stuff...

Wilde

Does anyone on Xbox One have an Atheon hard checkpoint? I'd like to try to do the new solo warlock cheesing method, and I'd be happy to do it for anyone not a warlock.

Gamertag:
Wilde 33

What should I focus on leveling in terms of usefulness in raid (only normal for now)? Suros Regime or Atheon's Epilogue?

Absolutely 100% Atheon's Epilogue.

My raid loadouts:

Opening Gate:
Atheon's Epilogue
Maxed legendary sniper (Epitaph)
Gjallerhorn

Templar Confluxes:
Lord High Fixer (OP)
Shotgun or Fusion of your choice
Gjallarhorn (for minotaurs)

Templar Oracles:
Vision of Confluence
Epitaph Sniper
Gjallarhorn (for minotaurs)

Templar Boss Fight:
Grenades :)

Atheon:
Vision of Confluence
IceBreaker
Unfriendly Giant (Rocket Launcher)

Vision of Confluence can be replaced by Atheon's epilogue in every phase if you don't have it.

hydruxo

Need 3 more motes to get the engram. I'll probably just run Tiger strikes this afternoon to get blue engrams. If anybody else wants to run some with me to save me from boredom, feel free lol.

PSN: hydruxxo

Killzig

I have a Prudence II fully maxed, arc, 300 output damage. Should I bother with the Patience and Time? I bought it for collection, but it is an exotic and it would take a spot from my setup.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I skipped it. I have a Prudence II and Final Boss arc snipers. The impact and the perks on P&T don't really appeal to me, but I've heard from many that it is the best exotic sniper you can find for PvP ( a mode I never play unless forced to by an exotic bounty)...

EL CUCO

I find the Templar a great place for players to get accustomed to the Relic. You are really OP with it there, and it isn't as frantic as the Atheon encounter so there is more time to learn kiting, smashing, super, melee and cleansing.

Assuming of course you do it legit which is manageable enough on normal, even with newer Raid players.

I had a first timer hold it
while I threw Nades at him :p
I actually feel Templar legit is probably tougher than Atheon, TBH. I feel there's alot more going on during the Templar. You have the adds, Oracles, knocking off the shield, being detained...and God forbid you jump out of the cage before breaking it. Lol

I feel the Atheon encounter is a bit more simpler once you understand the objective of the teleported team.

Midas

Is it even worth it? I just hit level 15 with Rahool (I know some are way ahead of that) and he's only ever given me one Legendary item for levelling up. Normally just get loads of useless blue stuff...

Not really. I'm level 46 and have got a legendary like three times.

I skipped it. I have a Prudence II and Final Boss arc snipers. The impact and the perks on P&T don't really appeal to me, but I've heard from many that it is the best exotic sniper you can find for PvP ( a mode I never play unless forced to by an exotic bounty)...

Not a PvP guy either. Well to the vault with it then. Got a ton of other weapons to level up anyway, and prudence is a beast that doesn't take up an exotic spot. Got my arc damage covered.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Patience and Time!!!

I got this gun in last weeks Nightfall. Hands down my favorite secondary weapon in the game.
To everyone on the fence about getting this gun.... GET THIS GUN!!! You will not regret it.

I have The Supremacy and The Epitath and neither compare to this.

MADGAME

I had a first timer hold it
while I threw Nades at him :p
I actually feel Templar legit is probably tougher than Atheon, TBH. I feel there's alot more going on during the Templar. You have the adds, Oracles, knocking off the shield, being detained...and God forbid you jump out of the cage before breaking it. Lol

I feel the Atheon encounter is a bit more simpler once you understand the objective of the teleported team.

If you are playing on hard then I agree. Legit Templar on normal is a better place for someone to learn the Relic imo.

This is giving me an idea. Maybe I will run Legit Templar phases and let newer Raid players join to learn Relic mechanics. The more players that can use the shield, the better.

Daemul

Patience and Time!!!

I got this gun in last weeks Nightfall. Hands down my favorite secondary weapon in the game.
To everyone on the fence about getting this gun.... GET THIS GUN!!! You will not regret it.

Yep, I dismantled my arc Epitaph after trying out P&T, it is vastly superior.

breakfuss

Overall I prefer Suros even without being fully upgraded, but I would work on Atheon's Epilogue. It's especially useful for the raid and strikes with added void burn.

E92 M3

Patience and Time!!!

I am on the fence - what's so good about it?

Also, where to get these Halloween sparrows? I love my Timebreaker, but these look fun.

Dunlop

Thanks for the tips,I was doing the daily heroic at level 22 which is why I want getting jack

I've been soloing it, if you group for it does everyone get the reward?

pieman

Neo Member
I am on the fence - what's so good about it?

Also, where to get these Halloween sparrows? I love my Timebreaker, but these look fun.

It has a very low recoil so you can quickly land a full mag of head shots. I don't use it enough as I prefer my icebreaker but when I do I enjoy using it.

excowboy

But there's always a chance!

(I'm very much stuck in Bungie's Skinner box)

Yeah, tell me about it. I just levelled it up earlier, skipped to the postmaster hoping for purple.... four blue engrams :( but, there's always a chance right?!
Nope, just blue shit.

X-Frame

I know you guys are all upset because of Xur's repeat stock, but I'm thrilled -- I didn't have enough strange coins last week to get Suros and armor, so I've been flatlined at 27. Now I can get my Voidfang Vestments and have double grenades all day.

Is there any other, better exotic for Warlocks? I just got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara from Nightfall (thanks for the tips on that!) but none of its abilities seem interesting.

Though my friends might kill me, second Nightfall we've done, and I've gotten The Last Word and Skull of Dire Ahamkara, and they've gotten some legendary weapons they didn't seem thrilled by.

I have the Skull as well and mine dropped with a high base stat roll +98 Intellect so I maxed it out to +111 Intellect. I like it in PvP because of improved Energy Drain duration and reduced damage taken by Nova Bomb. I can run an aggressive melee build and each ability of the Voidwalker reduces the cool down of other abilities even further.

I'd grab the Voidfangs and the stat roll today is not bad but if chest pieces can get to 135-140 I may wait. It would be much better for the Vault of Glass though.

My dropped Heart of Praxic Fire has a low Discipline roll so I'll likely be replacing that when Xur sells it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom