• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

This game is trying to make me snap

I've been lvl 27 3/4 for a while and needed 2 shards to ugrade my next piece

Ran VoG for the first time (very fun) and after completing the raid

Sniper rifle (that I had)
Bunch of ascendant energy
The white shader

I finally say fuck it and dismantle a exotic voidwalker helm I had found previously but never use to get the 2 shards...and my light barely went up

I now need 6 more shards to upgrade the next piece and even then do not think it will make me hit 28

I'm gettng back into shelving this game mode lol this is not fun

I was in the same situation you are in right now, but I just started running the Raid, daily missions and farming public events, and now I have maxed out all my exotic and raid armour and I have nearly 200 shards in my inventory, ready for the new armour coming with the expansion. All of this with one character.

Deku Tree

I was in the same situation you are in right now, but I just started running the Raid, daily missions and farming public events, and now I have maxed out all my exotic and raid armour and I have nearly 200 shards in my inventory, ready for the new armour coming with the expansion. All of this with one character.

New armor requires new material to upgrade
IMO
]. :p

Dunlop

You are maybe playing the game wrong? Daily heroic missions and a daily public event should nicely provide you with shards.
I think I am also lol

Daily heroic is the level 22 mission on the right?

What is a daily public event? I've dune the ones I run into on planets but is there a set one

Thx!

I will be on this morning. Trying to level my Alt Warlock from 18 to 20 then share amor to 28/29! yay. If anyone wants to do normal raid or daily hit me up. When I get this Lock to 28 I need to do Nightfall and Weekly 28 with her if anyone wants to join/help.

Nick_or_Dawood on PS4

Happy Xur Day!
sarcasm

Happy Halloween!

Curse you exotic engrams! I finally got alts going, figure I have a 2 out of 3 chance to get any helm other than hunter... get mask of third man...my third hunter exotic helm. Oh well, I guess I have a nice collection of helms I will never use.

I think I am also lol

What is a daily public event? I've dune the ones I run into on planets but is there a set one

Thx!

Play it on 24 or 28 and you'll get either ascendant energy or ascendant shards. 28 gives two.

Armamentarium again?!! This is fucking bullshit. I already own P&T so this week has nothing for me, I sure as hell ain't gambling on an exotic engram again, fuck that shit.

Well, with nothing new for me to buy and upgrade that's me done with the game until Tuesday.

And warlocks whined when they got sunbreakers 2 weeks in a row.

Its grenade ta-tas for us titans three weeks in a row -.-

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Lame of Xur, if he really just sells the same few items there goes a big part of my eagerness to play.

Been hoping for an exotic fusion or shotgun for weeks and haven't got shit (hell purple fine too)

Midas

Lame of Xur, if he really just sells the same few items there goes a big part of my eagerness to play.

Been hoping for an exotic fusion or shotgun for weeks and haven't got shit (hell purple fine too)

Buy legendaries from the vendors?

OK, my Titan alt is only lvl 13, but I can probably get her to 20 before Xur leaves. My Warlock is already 23 with only blues. The helm engram was a bust, so what would be the better investment in an alt, the Armamentarium or Voidfang Vestments? Voidfang seems underwhelming even though I would be able to equip it right now.

Now that I found out that the daily doesn't help with providing XP for weapons... Does anyone know where I can find a list of activities that provide XP bumps for weapon upgrades?

Off the top of my head:

Bounties
Daily public event
Weekly?
Nightfall?
Leveling up factions/cryptarch?
Small XP bump for each kill

The telemetry items you can buy from Xur, and sometimes from breaking down weapons, aren't an activity, but they will give you an XP bump on top of your other bumps I believe.

ocean

Banned
OK, my Titan alt is only lvl 13, but I can probably get her to 20 before Xur leaves. My Warlock is already 23 with only blues. The helm engram was a bust, so what would be the better investment in an alt, the Armamentarium or Voidfang Vestments? Voidfang seems underwhelming even though I would be able to equip it right now.
My main is a Titan and the Armamentarium is a must-own. Double grenades are extremely useful, and it increases the amount of Special AND Heavy ammo you can carry. Go for it!

Just buy it now and Vault it so it's there whenever your Titan reaches 20.

You were blessed by RNGeebus. I've been doing the raid for 5 weeks now on my one character and got 1 piece of raid armor so far (Tread of the Hezen Lords). And that was this week!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Armamentarium again?!! This is fucking bullshit. I already own P&T so this week has nothing for me, I sure as hell ain't gambling on an exotic engram again, fuck that shit.

Well, with nothing new for me to buy and upgrade that's me done with the game until Tuesday.

I ended up buying 3 helm engrams for the hell of it. I got one for each class (sharded the titan helm, already had it). I bought my 3rd armamentarium because of the higher disc, lol. I also already have P&T, so that sucks. I wish he'd sell Gjallahorn again, or TLW.

Lots of people complaining about Patience & Time. Its a great gun. There is a magazine upgrade that brings it to 6 shots, 4 initially is unbearable.

Active camo while ADS (stealth revive all your teammates.)

And wait till you hear dat sound it makes when you fire it.

ocean

Banned
I think I am also lol

Thx!
Daily Heroic has different difficulty levels. At the highest you get guaranteed 2 ascendant materials (shards or energy). Second-highest, you'll get one.

Public Events are timed special battles that occur at fixed locations when you're patrolling. Any PE you successfully complete has a chance at dropping ass materials, but the first one you complete every day will guarantee you a material (or Mote of Light sadly) delivery to the Postmaster.

If you visit destinypublicevents.com you will find the times and locations on all the PE. Note: the timer can be off by a few minutes. If you're at the right place and the event doesn't atart when it should stick around an extra 5 minutes. Events not triggering altogether is possible but very rare.

You were blessed by RNGeebus. I've been doing the raid for 5 weeks now on my one character and got 1 piece of raid armor so far (Tread of the Hezen Lords). And that was this week!

Shit man! I landed a full set and a half of raid armor for my two lvl 30 warlocks and would have broken my disc in two if i had your luck. Ok i lied... i'd have driven to GameStop and traded it in for CoD:AW lol.

Still might. There aint SHIT to do at lvl 30.

Lots of people complaining about Patience & Time. Its a great gun. There is a magazine upgrade that brings it to 6 shots, 4 initially is unbearable.

Active camo while ADS (stealth revive all your teammates.)

And wait till you hear dat sound it makes when you fire it.

I have a Prudence II fully maxed, arc, 300 output damage. Should I bother with the Patience and Time? I bought it for collection, but it is an exotic and it would take a spot from my setup.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I have a Prudence II fully maxed, arc, 300 output damage. Should I bother with the Patience and Time? I bought it for collection, but it is an exotic and it would take a spot from my setup.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Do it for the grimoire card.

Edit: nvm, didn't see the bit at the end that you bought it for the collection.

My main is a Titan and the Armamentarium is a must-own. Double grenades are extremely useful, and it increases the amount of Special AND Heavy ammo you can carry. Go for it!

Just buy it now and Vault it so it's there whenever your Titan reaches 20.

Cool, this was the way I was leaning. I can actually by both, but I feel like the warlock chest is a waste as it doesn't reflect my play style at all. Titan chest seems solid.

Pilgor

I'm at Atheon on hard, but my raid team disbanded. Can any experienced raiders help me finish him off? I want that helm so bad...

I need a full fireteam, and can play now.

PSN Rogo

Daemul

Yeah, I got REALLY lucky with the raid gear, it only took me four runs, yet there's people who've have done the raid on three separate characters since the week it's come out and they still haven't gotten shit.

I'm seriously beginning to believe that there has to be some sort of hidden luck stat which determines how often you get with loot, the disparity in the gearing process is just too big, even with the randomness.

LiK

No TLW but I'll settle for Patience and Time for my collection. Can't believe he's selling the same Titan Chest three weeks in a row. It's the new Sunbreakers.

Steroyd

I'm at Atheon on hard, but my raid team disbanded. Can any experienced raiders help me finish him off? I want that helm so bad...

I need a full fireteam, and can play now.

PSN Rogo

Is it okay for you to redo the gatekeeper part?

Got a checkpoint there for my warlock, don't want it stuck in limbo like my Titan, where I skipped that with him but finished Aetheon.

so this is my story and i'm sticking to it, i've done the raid fully 6 times now. 5 were normal and tonight i went through my first hard raid. it was a long adventure and my teammates were heroes. in these 6 raids, i now have every raid armor (chest piece twice), the ship, the shader, the class item, vision of confluence, atheons epilogue, and the raid shotgun twice. i was hoping for the helmet because half way in we went to the tower and i bought the helm engram from xur, which naturally was for a warlock. but right when we beat atheon i got my helmet.

B1RepbsCEAA-6hW.jpg:orig

now all i need is 45 more shards, and a lot of bounties. and i'll be on my way to that beautiful 30. then i will be going after the mythoclast.

time for bed, happy halloween.

No TLW but I'll settle for Patience and Time for my collection. Can't believe he's selling the same Titan Chest three weeks in a row. It's the new Sunbreakers.

i was just saying that exact same thing during my raid.

Karl2177

It's simple, patch one week his loot table to have nothing but handcannons. In fact buy a Last Word, get a free Hawkmoon. That's all.

Somebody needs to Photoshop Luke Smith on that xzibit meme photo "heard you like rng so we put rng in your rng" and so on.

It's bs though. Repeats of weapon types yet again.

Considering Luke was just a designer on the raid, I doubt there's much he can do about rng.

Daemul

so this is my story and i'm sticking to it, i've done the raid fully 6 times now. 5 were normal and tonight i went through my first hard raid. it was a long adventure and my teammates were heroes. in these 6 raids, i now have every raid armor (chest piece twice), the ship, the shader, the class item, vision of confluence, atheons epilogue, and the raid shotgun twice. i was hoping for the helmet because half way in we went to the tower and i bought the helm engram from xur, which naturally was for a warlock. but right when we beat atheon i got my helmet.

now all i need is 45 more shards, and a lot of bounties. and i'll be on my way to that beautiful 30. then i will be going after the mythoclast.

time for bed, happy halloween.

do10n.jpg

I shard every VoG Titan helmet that I get, it's too damn ugly to wear.

Hyun Sai

Whoever designed the strike list RNG is a bloody idiot. With the exact same team we got Nexus 3 times in a row, had to go back twice in orbit to have something else.

It's not THAT difficult to remove the strike we just completed from the pool. I don't understand.

Midas

Whoever designed the strike list RNG is a bloody idiot. With the exact same team we got Nexus 3 times in a row, had to go back twice in orbit to have something else.

It's not THAT difficult to remove the strike we just completed from the pool. I don't understand.

No, the piece of code that does such a simple thing, is something everyone at Bungie would know. I could write it for them if they don't have the time.

E92 M3

Nothing induces rage more than playing Mars 3 times in a row.

MADGAME

So I just learned that the Sword of Crota has a combo. Melee + Melee + Trigger Button = Powerful upswing Attack.

Yea, it's fun to mess around with the moves. I notice a lot of people just mash R2. So boring to play it that way.

The super is great too, I feel like the Thralls beg to be killed this way as much as they form a straight line in front of you. So satisfying to unleash it and hit both them and a Prince, and watch him bounce back repeatedly.

I know you guys are all upset because of Xur's repeat stock, but I'm thrilled -- I didn't have enough strange coins last week to get Suros and armor, so I've been flatlined at 27. Now I can get my Voidfang Vestments and have double grenades all day.

Is there any other, better exotic for Warlocks? I just got the Skull of Dire Ahamkara from Nightfall (thanks for the tips on that!) but none of its abilities seem interesting.

Though my friends might kill me, second Nightfall we've done, and I've gotten The Last Word and Skull of Dire Ahamkara, and they've gotten some legendary weapons they didn't seem thrilled by.

dengatron

Why would anyone be mad about 2 straight nexus? 6 minutes for a couple engrams is my jam. Repeat between nexus and moon over and over for bonus effectiveness.

Steroyd

As a designer, I hope he can let whoever is fucking around with the code to know to fix the dumb glitches.

Here here, while I think 3 random people runs counter to what Bungie was saying about raids before they released it, it's more annoying how that one change exacerbates the glitches that were already there that used to happen on occasion now happens frequently, and is a goddamn garuntee if you go for a flawless run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom