• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmanx1

shadow price vs dr nope

So, in a strange bout of luck, a week ago I earned Dr. Nope from a Cryptarch package after going up a level. I've been using it, haven't done much upgrades to it though. While it has a great rate of fire, the impact and stability are very poor. No balance/stability upgrades for the gun either.

The other day I'm doing some patrol missions on venus and a legendary engram drops and when I eventually get it decrypted, it's Shadow Price. It has a perfect balance upgrade, field scout and armor piercing round upgrades. It has great impact but lower rate of fire than Dr Nope.

So I'm thinking of using Dr. Nope for PvE since it has a great rate of fire and can take out the crowds and Shadow Price for PvP for the great impact and balance. Does that sound about right?

I have about the same issue except I have Hex Caster Arc (the Crucible version of Dr Nope) from a raid drop and Shadow Price from a Vanguard rank up. I find Shadow Price to be far more usable because of the stability but the high rate of fire/low impact weapons can be fun in certain situations. On this board Shadow Price seems to be pretty well regarded and I would give it the nod as well.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I am on the fence - what's so good about it?

Also, where to get these Halloween sparrows? I love my Timebreaker, but these look fun.

Patience and Time has almost zero recoil and the rate is pretty fast. And when I mean no recoil I mean that the scope doesn't get bigger and smaller either. So it doesn't leap upwards much and doesn't pop towards you much either. I don't know another sniper that is this smooth in the game.

And the sound is awesome! There is a meaty sound to it.

Brought hunter chest, patience, and head engram for my hunter alt :). Still got 32 coins left. Hopefully next week Xur has something good.

shadow price vs dr nope

So, in a strange bout of luck, a week ago I earned Dr. Nope from a Cryptarch package after going up a level. I've been using it, haven't done much upgrades to it though. While it has a great rate of fire, the impact and stability are very poor. No balance/stability upgrades for the gun either.

The other day I'm doing some patrol missions on venus and a legendary engram drops and when I eventually get it decrypted, it's Shadow Price. It has a perfect balance upgrade, field scout and armor piercing round upgrades. It has great impact but lower rate of fire than Dr Nope.

So I'm thinking of using Dr. Nope for PvE since it has a great rate of fire and can take out the crowds and Shadow Price for PvP for the great impact and balance. Does that sound about right?

Dr Nope shoots water and has high recoil and low stability, i don´t really like that gun, it has very low impact for something that is hard to handle, it shoots a lot, but it´s not worth it imho.

Shadow Price is really really good tho, i have one fully maxed with speed reload perks all around, the reload itself is maxed, last bullet kill speeds the reload, and empty mag speeds reload too, that shit feels like it never stops shooting, so awesome.

Truelize said:
Patience and Time has almost zero recoil and the rate is pretty fast. And when I mean no recoil I mean that the scope doesn't get bigger and smaller either. So it doesn't leap upwards much and doesn't pop towards you much either. I don't know another sniper that is this smooth in the game.

Praedyth´s Revenge is close imho, very similar feeling and low recoil, pretty fast firing too.

matmanx1

If I had hadn't wanted the Armamentarium so badly I would have sprung for P&T. I didn't have enough coins for it last week and was happy to see it back and sporting a high discipline roll (+135) It's my first piece of exotic armor and I am really looking forward to that second grenade.

P&T looks like a great gun, though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
If I had hadn't wanted the Armamentarium so badly I would have sprung for P&T. I didn't have enough coins for it last week and was happy to see it back and sporting a high discipline roll (+135) It's my first piece of exotic armor and I am really looking forward to that second grenade.

P&T looks like a great gun, though.

Yeah never an easy decision. Hopefully P&T drops for you someday. Double grenade will make you forget about in a couple of days. :)

hydruxo

Praedyth's Revenge is probably the closest comparable sniper in terms of low recoil

Deku Tree

Gonna take my hand cannon telemetry upgrade out later with TLW. What is the best way to use the telemetry upgrade? I was thinking (1) do a bunch of bounties then go to the tower and (2) start the telemetry upgrade then (3) hand in the bounties then (4) go to tiger strikes until the telemetry upgrade is over...

...Is there a better way for me to max the weapon XP buff?

Zakalwe

Banned
Gonna take my hand cannon telemetry upgrade out later with TLW. What is the best way to use the telemetry upgrade? I was thinking (1) do a bunch of bounties then go to the tower and (2) start the telemetry upgrade then (3) hand in the bounties then (4) go to tiger strikes until the telemetry upgrade is over...

Full up five pvp bounties.
Activate telemetry.
Cash in bounties.
Quickly fill five pve bounties (or as many a you can)
Cash in bounties.

Pass telemetry to alt.
Repeat.

Midas

That's what I would do. Seems like the best way to do it. And daily heroic I guess.

Deku Tree

I was in the process of upgrading the Suros when I got Atheon's Epilogue. I'm assuming Atheon is a lot better for the raid since it does void elemental, and the Suros is better for anything else in PvE? Anyone have experience with both and can provide some feedback?

I have 20+ shards but only a 1 or 2 energy so I've gotta be stingy with what I upgrade. https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5hhk1oyy9qb5k0/Screenshot 2014-10-31 09.28.41.png?dl=0

I don't know... lots of people say a fully upgraded suros is better even in the RAID than a fully upgraded AE... unless you want to free up your exotic slot... I don't have AE but I think they did a test and the SUROS takes down the oracles faster than AE...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I used to buy snyths at Xur, but lately I have 2 packs of 20 for heavy and don't use it that often. Lately, I haven't been playing with groups that get stuck at gatekeepers (where heavy ammo was used most often).

I definitely use a bunch of them there. People have such dumb deaths at that part it drives me nuts.

I was in the process of upgrading the Suros when I got Atheon's Epilogue. I'm assuming Atheon is a lot better for the raid since it does void elemental, and the Suros is better for anything else in PvE? Anyone have experience with both and can provide some feedback?

I have 20+ shards but only a 1 or 2 energy so I've gotta be stingy with what I upgrade. https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5hhk1oyy9qb5k0/Screenshot 2014-10-31 09.28.41.png?dl=0

Suros, if you use AE for raid than you dont have to worry that much about damage your teammates may have your back. Since you do a lot of PvE or PvP then suros.

Damn, I can't decide whether to buy Armamentarium or not. I have no Exotic armor at all (this would be my first piece, I'm lv 28 Titan), but I was kinda holding out for Helm of Inmost.

purg3

slept with Malkin
If Praedyth and PT were the same elemental dmg I'd prob stick with Praedyth. PT being arc makes it worth having around for me.

definitely and wouldn't have to worry about it taking up an exotic slot. PT will replace my epitaph though.

MADGAME

Any way to tell how much an armor stat will increase when upgraded?

This week's Armamentarium is 135 discipline. What how much will that stat increase when fully leveled? Trying to decide if I should reply my existing Armamentarium with 133 discipline, but still has 2 upgrades to go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So is the found verdict with the exception that I didn't just waste both my primary and exotic slot. Such a useless useless piece of shit.
If you choose to run universal remote you are doing neither one. You're spending your exotic slot on the ability to run a primary shotgun. It affords you unique options, keeps you from relying on special ammo for shotgun ammo and you can literally run found verdict too if you want to go that crazy, though the other options are way better.
Oh you're on of those guys running around with two shotguns. Good shit breh.
-_-
Is it? I have found verdict and invective so I wasn't sure it was worth levelling. Is it 1 shot kill at a decent range? What makes it good? Asking because while fun to use, I didn't bother maxing it and stashed it away.
Because of its unique upgrade, while ADS it has better range than either of those. But you really have to build around it. Found Verdict/Invective are the more traditional, great shotguns, depending on if you want to spend your exotic slot or just use a legendary, and you can have a great traditional primary along with them. But Universal Remote allows you to have a shotgun without having your special ammo go to it, meaning you can run shotgun/sniper or shotgun/fusion. I'm imagining a very up-close-and-personal Defender build for the Crucible with it and Helm of Saint-14.

Deku Tree

Full up five pvp bounties.
Activate telemetry.
Cash in bounties.
Quickly fill five pve bounties (or as many a you can)
Cash in bounties.

Pass telemetry to alt.
Repeat.

Thanks! Maybe I'll do some of that if there are some easy PvP bounties... I usually skip PvP and the PvP bounties too.

That's what I would do. Seems like the best way to do it. And daily heroic I guess.

Yeah but the Daily Heroic XP bonus does not apply to weapons for some crazy unexplained reason.

Shito

Damn, I can't decide whether to buy Armamentarium or not. I have no Exotic armor at all (this would be my first piece, I'm lv 28 Titan), but I was kinda holding out for Helm of Inmost.
Armamentarium seems like a HUGELY interesting piece of armor.
One more grenade + more special ammos + more heavy ammos = huge value here.
Would buy that in a heartbeat if I were playing titan...

hydruxo

So Titans are being sunbreakered by Xur now? lol

Is the Hunter next in line?

raw

Zakalwe

Banned
That Destiny fails video is full of massive conjecture, but it's hard not to feel a pang of disappointment when watching it.

Even if the things he talks about were never planned, the game would have been glorious with them included.

Deku Tree

This fucking game is fun to play, but the grind sucks so much ass I avoid PVE like the plague. Doing the same thing over and over again is seriously mind numbing.

It's pretty obvious to me the game was designed to prevent hardcore gamers from leveling up way too fast and just destroying the casual players. Everyone is kept on a level playing field (as much as possible).

Ho hum. At least I can say the MP is fun and I don't feel like my cash was wasted (completely). Destiny hasn't been 100% satisfying, but it hasn't been a total shit hole either.

6/10 for me.

NB: did anyone watch/listen to the video by some dude speculating about why Destiny is the way it is and not the way it was marketed? Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5BpeHVTWY&feature=youtu.be

Is there a summary of the video somewhere? Not sure I can watch a 35 minute video right now.

commish

Armamentarium seems like a HUGELY interesting piece of armor.
One more grenade + more special ammos + more heavy ammos = huge value here.
Would buy that in a heartbeat if I were playing titan...

I have nearly every exotic for my titan by now, or at least had the chance to get most of them, but this is the one that I never take off my titan. Extra grenades and heavy ammo is just perfect.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is there a summary of the video somewhere? Not sure I can watch a 35 minute video right now.

He mainly talks about stuff that seems like it was cut. Trading, gambling, story, destructible enemy drop ships, etc...

He backs some of it up with some decent reasoning, other points are stretches.

Makes me sad thinking what this game could have been.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I have nearly every exotic for my titan by now, or at least had the chance to get most of them, but this is the one that I never take off my titan. Extra grenades and heavy ammo is just perfect.

I want to get this for mine, but I don't know if I can give up my Helm of Saint 14 for that. Raid armor already gives bonus heavy ammo, extra grenade is nice though.

commish

He mainly talks about stuff that seems like it was cut. Trading, gambling, story, destructible enemy drop ships, etc...

He backs some of it up with some decent reasoning, other points are stretches.

Makes me sad thinking what this game could have been.

That said, almost everything he talks about seems like it could easily be implemented by Bungie in a future patch/DLC. As much as RNG screws people, I really hope trading never gets implemented.

I use it when i roll striker, but i can´t have that one and my loved Saint-14 helm when i go with defender.

It is really awesome tho, that extra grenade does wonders, so does the extra heavy ammo perk.

Chitown B

You have to buy a piece of armor since you can't get weapons yet. Or else just do crucible stuff, or the raid, etc., activities that don't yield V marks. The mark limit is really pointless but marks are pretty useless after a while.

or just keep on playing and don't give a shit. the marks will just stay at 200 until you buy something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had a weird involuntary math moment in bed, realized the amount of shards and spirit blooms on me when I logged off, so I popped back in for a second annnd ding level 29 with just one more upgrade to unlock for Gjallarhorn and it's maxed (already have the energy and blooms on hand). *shrug* Love it. Still somehow managing to have fun every single session.
Even though I don't need... well any of them, I kind of want all three of the armor pieces offered this week for my collection. Can't afford, I need to pick one. I'm leaning toward the Armamentarium even though my Titan is level 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom