• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn that sniper dropped for me early this week. I already have the titan chest, the hunter chest and the Warlock chest..

so... do I blow my coins on a helmet engram hoping for a Saint-14?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Everyone loves that Saint 14 helmet! Maybe I haven't used it enough. I'm a HUGE grenade fan. If I need to bind/disorient mobs then I would use the Striker's flashbangs, aka the most underrated item in the game.

Everyone loves that Saint 14 helmet! Maybe I haven't used it enough. I'm a HUGE grenade fan. If I need to bind/disorient mobs then I would use the Striker's flashbangs, aka the most underrated item in the game.

I use the helm of inmost light most of the time so I go striker for that grenade. When I go defender for void or bubble for bosses my helm does nothing, that Saint helm would be nice for when I go defender.

Had a weird involuntary math moment in bed, realized the amount of shards and spirit blooms on me when I logged off, so I popped back in for a second annnd ding level 29 with just one more upgrade to unlock for Gjallarhorn and it's maxed (already have the energy and blooms on hand). *shrug* Love it. Still somehow managing to have fun every single session.

Even though I don't need... well any of them, I kind of want all three of the armor pieces offered this week for my collection. Can't afford, I need to pick one. I'm leaning toward the Armamentarium even though my Titan is level 8.

Voidfang vestments are quite nice if you don't have them already. Having an instant grenade on respawn is awesome for pvp, esp with the sunsinger 2x grenade perk

SkylineRKR

Praedyth wins it in PvP for me because it has even faster reload and even faster ROF I think. And it can be carried in combination with SUROS Regime or something.

But Patience is an excellent Sniper, probably my fave because of its higher impact. Its lots of fun in PvE as well.

spyder_ur

Fairly disastrous first try at a raid. I found a group on PS3 through LFG, we grouped it, and started. Unfortunately we were unknowingly starting at the Atheon checkpoint - really was hoping to do it from the start. Noone seemed to know what to do - myself included. I was so confused when I got teleported the first time, though I've figured out what to do when that happens (except when holding the Relic - no idea there) - mow the oracles down and head toward the gate.

When not teleported, are you just supposed to wait and kill the supplicants?

Sorry, rookie questions here. I'm getting a PS4, should be here on Monday, so I'm hoping that will let me get into a group with people here.

M3Freak

Banned
Is there a summary of the video somewhere? Not sure I can watch a 35 minute video right now.

Just listen to it and switch back to doing whatever your're doing. There are sections where you should watch, but the dude points out when you should.

I think it's worth listening to. Much of what he says makes sense. That is, it's logical. Yes, he doesn't have absolute proof, but what he does have makes his take on what happened (and is happening) plausible.

Namikaze1

Yo, Bungie!

When's that bank update coming?
B1SLx6KIgAA_8pN.jpg:orig

Not included are two exotic chest pieces, 1 exotic helm, a second Ice Breaker, a second Gjallahorn, a second Suros, and a second super good advice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Voidfang vestments are quite nice if you don't have them already. Having an instant grenade on respawn is awesome for pvp, esp with the sunsinger 2x grenade perk
I know ;_; That perk on Lucky Raspberry is amazing too. But I already have Heart of the Praxic Fire so it would be a second chest for my warlock in addition to Light Beyond Nemesis. I already have two exotics on each character but on my Titan they're both helms, so I'm leaning in the direction of Armamentarium because being able to move the slots around may become helpful... but damn if Voidfang doesn't look like so much fun.

Rixxan

Wow, everyone must watch this.

why?

the guy has some good points off of some good information for the first half of the video, explains each point eloquently

second half of the video he seems to get a bit too excited with himself, exudes pretention, and rambles about conspiracy theories

Gambled on the helm engram and got An Insurmountable Skullfort which I didn't have, which ranked up the Cryptarch and got me the 19032012741084081241 shader. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gambled on the helm engram and got An Insurmountable Skullfort which I didn't have, which ranked up the Cryptarch and got me the 19032012741084081241 shader. :D
I got Skullfort from a nightfall, so cool-looking. It seems like one of the weakest exotics to me, but I'm totally gonna make a build work for it.

why?

the guy has some good points off of some good information for the first half of the video, explains each point eloquently

second half of the video he seems to get a bit too excited with himself, exudes pretention, and rambles about conspiracy theories

Given quite a fair bit is speculation but we already know about the on disc dlc and blocked of content, makes you wonder what this game actually was a year ago.

why?

Yeah watch if for the first 15 min then bail out.

Heel

Wearing the Jackolyte at Xur lets you buy Flight of Shadows...

Maybe using Flight of Shadows lets you buy those Halloween Sparrows from another vendor? Makes them a possible drop while killing Hive?

Anyone figure it out yet?

R0ckman

This fucking game is fun to play, but the grind sucks so much ass I avoid PVE like the plague. Doing the same thing over and over again is seriously mind numbing.

It's pretty obvious to me the game was designed to prevent hardcore gamers from leveling up way too fast and just destroying the casual players. Everyone is kept on a level playing field (as much as possible).

Ho hum. At least I can say the MP is fun and I don't feel like my cash was wasted (completely). Destiny hasn't been 100% satisfying, but it hasn't been a total shit hole either.

6/10 for me.

NB: did anyone watch/listen to the video by some dude speculating about why Destiny is the way it is and not the way it was marketed? Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5BpeHVTWY&feature=youtu.be

It was a very good listen, though he should have kept that line at the end out of it, kind of making it look a little more serious than it actually is. There are a lot more important things I need to pass on to my son than how I stopped a bunch of greedy suits who distribute leisure entertainment products in a stupid and corrupt way.

Namikaze1

Wow, how many hours of play does this represent?
A lot. Almost a week and a half if I add all the hours I put into this game.
All of them!

Seriously though, that's quite the stash, are you only running a single character?
most of the weapons but two I got from my main guardian. I got Plan C (Nightfall) and Super Good Advice (Bounty) with my Warlock. Most of the armor came from Xur and his engrams except Helm of Saint-14, Mask of the Third Man, and the Voidfangs chest piece. All three were Nightfall rewards.

NB: did anyone watch/listen to the video by some dude speculating about why Destiny is the way it is and not the way it was marketed? Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5BpeHVTWY&feature=youtu.be

Here is what bothers me about videos like that. Just because the art and geometry of an area is there, doesn't mean it is ready. People think that you can just plob spawn locations for enemies and poof the mission/strike/raid is done, but jesus there is so much more to it than that.

That, and people keep thinking that Bungie was this perfect company until they signed a deal with the devil, but the truth is Bungie has always been known for biting off more than they can chew. Every single Halo game of theirs was originally designed to be larger and more grand than it ended up being. They need someone looking over their shoulder and giving them deadlines, it's just how they work.

This is why every Halo game had a level or two that was repeated content (Hello Library and Half of New Mombasa).

Bungie's biggest problem was they had this grand vision again, that they couldn't finish, but went ahead and advertised for anyway, that sucks, but move on. Secondly, their publisher gave them more freedom, not sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing. By the time the game came out the hype was limping a bit, but who knows what content made it in because of it.

All I know is that I've currently sunk over 300 hours into this game. I typically consider anything over 30 a great deal, anything over 10 is okay assuming I really enjoyed the experience. If I have to spend another 20 bucks for another 200 hours, then I'll be okay with that, too.

M3Freak said:
NB: did anyone watch/listen to the video by some dude speculating about why Destiny is the way it is and not the way it was marketed? Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5Bp...ature=youtu.be.

Wow, just watched this now. Its impressive and something everyone should watch.

Some of his theories are a stretch but his evidence speaks for itself.

"Ran out of time" doesn't explain why so much of the original ideas for the game were scrapped and/or changed.

There was something major that was going on behind the scenes (that led to Staten leaving) and I hope we get to find out the truth one day.

Its such a shame what this game could have been.

You've got to be fucking kidding me........ Voidfang and Armamentarium AGAIN??? That's it, Praxic Fire doesn't exist in this game, all the pics are clearly photoshops. Xur continues to prove he's worse than Rahool or more likely, that they are brothers and in complete cahoots. Unbelievable. If this is truly random then Bungie needs to just manually select what he has until they figure out how to improve the random generator. It's ridiculous how many times the same shit has popped up between Sun Breakers and Voidfang for lock and Armamentarium for Titan. I'm sure there's a Hunter equivalent too but I haven't payed attention to that class's offerings. RAGE

Alright, that's out of my system, so does anyone have a maxed Supremacy and is P and T worth getting if you already have the former in Arc? I'm going to have to do a comparison but Supremacy is already pretty beastly and I'm not sure that the invis perk is worth leveling up and wasting ass energy on though the radar while zoomed is pretty nice.

why?

Could have been worse. Could have been done by that Angry Joe jack ass.

el_jefe

Neo Member
Thanks to everyone who replied to my question regarding Dr Nope vs Shadow Price. I'll try Shadow Price as my main for both PvE and PvP. Another question: Shadow Price does not have any extra damage type associated with it (Arc, Solar, Void); does this make it completely useless when I get to the point of starting raids? I'm not sure if any of those damage types are more important for the raids or not, so this may be a stupid question ;-)

commish

You've got to be fucking kidding me........ Voidfang and Armamentarium AGAIN??? That's it, Praxic Fire doesn't exist in this game, all the pics are clearly photoshops. Xur continues to prove he's worse than Rahool or more likely, that they are brothers and in complete cahoots. Unbelievable. If this is truly random then Bungie needs to just manually select what he has until they figure out how to improve the random generator. It's ridiculous how many times the same shit has popped up between Sun Breakers and Voidfang for lock and Armamentarium for Titan. I'm sure there's a Hunter equivalent too but I haven't payed attention to that class's offerings. RAGE

Alright, that's out of my system, so does anyone have a maxed Supremacy and is P and T worth getting if you already have the former in Arc? I'm going to have to do a comparison but Supremacy is already pretty beastly and I'm not sure that the invis perk is worth leveling up and wasting ass energy on though the radar while zoomed is pretty nice.

PT sounds amazing when you fire it, so it's a lot of fun to use. That said, the stealth perk is useless in PvE, and snipers are usually not that useful in PvP, so the gun isn't a must buy unless you're collecting or don't have another sniper gun to use.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question regarding Dr Nope vs Shadow Price. I'll try Shadow Price as my main for both PvE and PvP. Another question: Shadow Price does not have any extra damage type associated with it (Arc, Solar, Void); does this make it completely useless when I get to the point of starting raids? I'm not sure of any of those damage types are more important for the raids or not, so this may be a stupid question ;-)

SP > DN for everything. I've leveled up both to max and it's pretty clearly in favor of SP. SP is just fine for the raid. Most primaries don't have an elemental damage modifier so don't worry about that.

Maybe using Flight of Shadows lets you buy those Halloween Sparrows from another vendor? Makes them a possible drop while killing Hive?

I don´t know but i would love to, that black sparrow with orange flames...

I like the idea of getting more content soon, but I'm realizing that it's going to obsolete all of legendary gear I've been working hard to get and upgrade. Datamining seems to indicate that we'll be able to level up exotics, but not legendaries. It's not so much armor that bothers me. The weapons though really change how you play the game. They're the core mechanics.

I'm raiding every week, it's fun, but the loot is a big draw with that. I want Fatebringer, but apparently Fatebringer will be obsolete in like a month.

Is this typical with loot-based games? Diablo waited 2 years before they had an expansion that obsoleted all my level 60 gear. Are we just going to expect to ditch all our gear every 4 months with Destiny?

After a monumental grind fest harnessing the mountain of ass in my possession, I collected all the materials I needed to get my Titan from just passed level 27 to level 29. My neck is sore as fuck lol

I can hard raid with all classes now though o/

M3Freak

Banned
It was a very good listen, though he should have kept that line at the end out of it, kind of making it look a little more serious than it actually is. There are a lot more important things I need to pass on to my son than how I stopped a bunch of greedy suits who distribute leisure entertainment products in a stupid and corrupt way.

Ya...I wish that bit at the end wasn't in it. It was weird. However, he's obviously very passionate about games and that explains his...ummm..enthusiasim at the end.

Wow, just watched this now. Its impressive and something everyone should watch.

Some of his theories are a stretch but his evidence speaks for itself.

"Ran out of time" doesn't explain why so much of the original ideas for the game were scrapped and/or changed.

There was something major that was going on behind the scenes (that led to Staten leaving) and I hope we get to find out the truth one day.

Its such a shame what this game could have been.

He put together what a lot of us were thinking and feeling into a well done little video. I REALLY feel like i shouldn't buy the DLC and vote with my wallet... but... it's going to be so hard to refuse myself the DLC raids. Take all the other junk away and just give me the raids.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question regarding Dr Nope vs Shadow Price. I'll try Shadow Price as my main for both PvE and PvP. Another question: Shadow Price does not have any extra damage type associated with it (Arc, Solar, Void); does this make it completely useless when I get to the point of starting raids? I'm not sure if any of those damage types are more important for the raids or not, so this may be a stupid question ;-)

It's a great AR in the raid until you get a raid primary weapon. Raid primaries are the only ones that have elemental damage as far as I know.

In the raid, I would tend to argue that void is the most important damage. Atheon's Epilogue, a raid AR that drops from Atheon, is a primary AR with void damage. It eats right through the minotaurs/praetorians. Until then, roll with your Shadow Price. Fully-upgraded, it's a monster.

Here is what bothers me about videos like that. Just because the art and geometry of an area is there, doesn't mean it is ready. People think that you can just plob spawn locations for enemies and poof the mission/strike/raid is done, but jesus there is so much more to it than that.

That, and people keep thinking that Bungie was this perfect company until they signed a deal with the devil, but the truth is Bungie has always been known for biting off more than they can chew. Every single Halo game of theirs was originally designed to be larger and more grand than it ended up being. They need someone looking over their shoulder and giving them deadlines, it's just how they work.

This is why every Halo game had a level or two that was repeated content (Hello Library and Half of New Mombasa).

Bungie's biggest problem was they had this grand vision again, that they couldn't finish, but went ahead and advertised for anyway, that sucks, but move on. Secondly, their publisher gave them more freedom, not sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing. By the time the game came out the hype was limping a bit, but who knows what content made it in because of it.

All I know is that I've currently sunk over 300 hours into this game. I typically consider anything over 30 a great deal, anything over 10 is okay assuming I really enjoyed the experience. If I have to spend another 20 bucks for another 200 hours, then I'll be okay with that, too.

I agree and that's one point in the video where I think he was wrong.

But if the sheer amount of stuff in this game that was cut or changed is all due to Bungie being "too ambitious" then this is one of the world's most colossal failures.

I believe someone (some people) made a decision at some point during development that drastically altered what this game came out like at release.

Acorn

why?

Yeh 2nd half reminded me of a AM talk radio dude

PT sounds amazing when you fire it, so it's a lot of fun to use. That said, the stealth perk is useless in PvE, and snipers are usually not that useful in PvP, so the gun isn't a must buy unless you're collecting or don't have another sniper gun to use.

I actually used snipers 95 percent of the time in PvP before I got VoC, I think they're pretty darn useful if they have a mid-scope and you're good with them. I have a maxed Ice Breaker already but more importantly, a maxed Arc Supremacy which will be close to what P and T is so I guess I'm wondering if the perks are really worth it. I might just buy it for collecting purposes since it's a good weapon and I have plenty of coins. I'm interested in doing the in-game comparison while standing at Xur later between those two weapons. I'm thinking Supremacy doesn't have as high an impact, does that mean T and P can do more damage? Or is that solely for knockbacks/stuns? I can't recall.

commish

Is this typical with loot-based games? Diablo waited 2 years before they had an expansion that obsoleted all my level 60 gear. Are we just going to expect to ditch all our gear every 4 months with Destiny?

This is a good point. I don't think that's going to be the case, because if it is, it really reduces the incentive for me to max out my character. Other MMOs/games with DLC/expansion don't take this approach, so I'd be surprised if Destiny has us chucking out our gear every 4 months.

I actually used snipers 95 percent of the time in PvP before I got VoC, I think they're pretty darn useful if they have a mid-scope and you're good with them. I have a maxed Ice Breaker already but more importantly, a maxed Arc Supremacy which will be close to what P and T is so I guess I'm wondering if the perks are really worth it. I might just buy it for collecting purposes since it's a good weapon and I have plenty of coins. I'm interested in doing the in-game comparison while standing at Xur later between those two weapons. I'm thinking Supremacy doesn't have as high an impact, does that mean T and P can do more damage? Or is that solely for knockbacks/stuns? I can't recall.

If you have the coins, then buy it. I'd rather have it and not get much use from it than not buy it then realize that it would have been awesome for X. You might not get a chance to get it again for weeks/months. So many people passed on the Ghorn when it was first released (and even the truth a few weeks ago) who now regret it. I buy every weapon that I don't have "just in case".

hydruxo

He put together what a lot of us were thinking and feeling into a well done little video. I REALLY feel like i shouldn't buy the DLC and vote with my wallet... but... it's going to be so hard to refuse myself the DLC raids. Take all the other junk away and just give me the raids.

VoG is my favorite bit on content in the game, even with the glitches, so if Crotas End is just as fun then the DLC will be worth it for me just for the raid & new gear alone.

Don´t worry about that, you don´t really need special damage in your primary weapon slot, i usually run the raids with a fully upgraded Proxima Centauri II (vanguard scout rifle), sometimes with my Shadow Price too, just bring a fusion rifle/heavy machine gun with void damage for the minotaurs/praetorians and you are good to go.

Acorn

It would be hilarious/infuriating if the weekend passed without anyone figuring it out or Bungie telling anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom