• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

You know what is pissing me off. How worthless the Crucible is.
It is by far my favorite thing to do if I am playing solo and it is pretty much pointless for my character at this point.

Yes the reward system is dumb. I think everyone should get something - even if it's just materials. Just something.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn, just got another exotic bounty set, and it's the same 3 I've got 4 times now...I have yet to see the pocket infinity/Super good advice

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Automatically getting Transfusion is a good addition for melee build Striker Titans, which allows for us to pick another perk in that tree.
THAT's what that perk does? Ooooh. So Aftershocks or Headstrong, which take the build in different directions...
Transfusion has no cool down while Shoulder Charging, which I think is awesome that you can constantly charge your way to kill and regen health.
what. Desire to level Titan engaged.
No way, dude. Doing the same thing over and over is not fun. Makes me wonder how old the people are that keep saying it's very fun.
I'm 27. Issue your verdict.
No. I don't play MMOs - they are a huge time sink and I have no time for that. Wait...is PSO a MMO? :|
No. But PSO and Destiny are roughly in the same subgenre.
I bought Destiny on Bungie's name alone. I know almost nothing about the game. i thought it was going to be a new epic FPS for fuck's sake.
This is a terrible, just god-awful, approach as a consumer. If nothing else, you have learned a valuable lesson for future purchases right?

if you don't want to support what Bungie has done with Destiny then don't buy the DLC. That's the argument boiled down to one sentence. Or to simply quote the title of the video, which includes an obvious premise I disagree with: "Don't Buy The Dark Below or House of Wolves Destiny DLC Expansion Packs Because Destiny is Bad." Simple as that. If this is not an option for you, at least wait for it to go on sale, have a price drop, or bundled into some kind of value pack, so that your money/support will not be counted among the initial launch sales which will be the primary indicator to Bungie of how successful their endeavors have been.

Oh come on! You didn't even watch it?!

I feel like I should transcribe the concluding paragraph so that people who agree with the first few minutes can decide if they really want to hitch their horses to "Batman"'s wagon.

Lol i watched... up until i had to finishing reviewing a document for work. Maybe i should have not agreed without finishing the video. The beginning i completely agree with... just my opinion but i believe something happened and the first (2) DLC packs were original game content and pulled, for one reason or another, into the initial DLCs. If the game shipped with all of that content i'd feel the delivered closer to what they "promised".

NastyBook

Bought Lucky Raspberry and P&T. Also grabbed 3 of those Flight of Shadows thingies. I hope you don't lose the effect when you log out of a character. That'd suck. It also looked like my having cleared the Nightfall kept me from getting my Pumpkinhead on my Titan. Gave the other two to my Hunter, she popped one and got it instantly.

NeOak

I know. I have 20 strange coins but I think the piece of armor Xur has will be one I purchased a legendary version of from the Vanguard, meaning I wasted the marks and should have waited.
Not exactly. Exotics can have +30 light.

where's xur and please tell me he's selling a handcannon. or gjallarhorn.
Patience my child. In time, you will be rewarded.

He's by the crucible quartermaster.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Well, that's a shitty and boring week for Xur. Why the hell does Bungie insist in selling the same armor pieces week after week? Dear Bungie lurkers: It's irritating your fanbase. People like me are slowing losing interest in your game between this and the REDICULOUS glitches in the Vault of glass that literally beg me to play something else.

I have an idea -- why don't you put your egos aside and start letting people play the game as they wish, not as you DEMAND.

That'll be a good start.

Fixed1979

I never have much luck asking this early in the day, but is anyone planning on VoG runs tonight (after 7:30PM EST)? Either hard (lvl30 Titan), or normal (lvl 27/28 warlock).

its amazing how this game will be perpetually judged against the concept of itself

title cost me $60 bucks, and ive been playing for over 100 hours

its very fun

Have to agree here.

I was expecting this game to be so much more and was pretty disappointed with the beta, but after playing the full game for a while I'm pretty much sucked in.

where's xur and please tell me he's selling a handcannon. or gjallarhorn.

Exotic sniper rifle Patience and Time.

EOVGOzs.jpg

LordofPwn

You know what is pissing me off. How worthless the Crucible is.
It is by far my favorite thing to do if I am playing solo and it is pretty much pointless for my character at this point.

When i do play crucible i enjoy it, but i usually only have time to play it on the weekends. i never feel like there is enough there to draw me in. weapons take forever to level in the crucible, and the bounties take longer to do. not efficient enough.

Colossal Failure was a not-so obvious over exaggeration. The game is obviously fun and I've played it a ton.

But in respect to what they advertised the game as over the past two years.... then the product that we got. I don't buy it all changed because they ran out of time.

Then I respectfully disagree.

To supply a bit of evidence, I'll list a few things from the past that Bungie also talked about, but cut from the end game.

Halo 1
The end warthog sequence is supposed to be on a giant forerunner structure, not the Pillar of Autumn.

Several levels are repeats of previous levels either running the opposite direction, or a day/night swap.

Halo 2
A boss fight with the Gravemind was supposed to be the end of the game. Pretty much most of the story from Halo 3 was supposed to be Halo 2 originally. The ending, of course, being the dead giveaway.

Halo 3
There is literally an entire sublevel that has no enemies in it, and only acts as a long hallway into a mission end cutscene.

There was supposed to be a lot more going on in High Charity, and the Cortana level is actually what was supposed to be at the end of the Flood level on earth.

Halo ODST
Literally half the map was copy pasted: http://i.imgur.com/84NDYIl.png

Halo Reach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7gww5l7edY

Deku Tree

Is the s-99 dawnchaser exotic sparrow obtainable in the game? If so how do you get it?

Otherwise how do I get the legendary sparrows for my alts? Thanks!

LiK

I know. I have 20 strange coins but I think the piece of armor Xur has will be one I purchased a legendary version of from the Vanguard, meaning I wasted the marks and should have waited.

Don't worry about that. Dismantle Legendaries for shards. I do that all the time when I hit the cap.

R0ckman

Why do people think protesting with their wallets actually works? Wouldn't the company more likely just go "I guess they don't like this, let's cancel it and look for a different audience."?

I'm a_javierp on PS4. I'd be down to play at any time after 6pm EST. add me! Hard Gatekeeper must go down. Anyone else who wants to join us tonight just let me know. 29+ obviously please :)

I got you on there... i'm TheCanisDirus... this we raided first week or so together. I'll def be on. See ya then!

LordofPwn

:lol I don't understand why there's so much hate for Xur today.

yeah i actually wanted patience and time.

people get upset when he sells stuff that they already bought
people get upset he wont sell something he already sold and that they missed out on.

yall shoulda bought the gjallarhorn when he sold it the last time, cheaper than the suros

ocean

Banned
I never have much luck asking this early in the day, but is anyone planning on VoG runs tonight (after 7:30PM EST)? Either hard (lvl30 Titan), or normal (lvl 27/28 warlock).
I have two other people for Hard starting at Gatekeeper if you're interested. We'd be 4 total so far with you, starting at around that time! a_javierp on PS4.

kuppy

Uh, Patience and Time seems nice, will get that when I finish studying later tonight. Unsure which legendary primary I'll switch to though.
Let's have a look, I have Grim Citizen III, Strange Suspect and The Calling - anybody have advice which should work best?

Ok I have a question does anyone know what controls the exotic bounties?

I've pretty much done everything in this game, lvl 30 warlock etc... But i have never had one?

I'm not overly fussed just find it weird.

As it's unobtainable without competing in the Trials of Osiris crucible event I don't think anyone will have had it yet... I could be wrong though. Are people actually landing this bounty already?

Oh, did they confirm it was coming from Osiris? I guess I forgot that if so.

Deku Tree

So who has gotten a bounty request for Fate of All Fools? I seriously doubt people will ever get that gun.

I think it was discovered by data mining the destiny code base.

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/An_Unknown_Patron

This wiki says what the exotic bounty requires, and it includes "Trade Motes of Light to The Speaker for Osiris Coins."

So best guess is that if it doesn't get cut then it is part of the " Trials of Osiris" if and when that ever happens.

lol, I just saw someone getting patience and time in the crucibel and he was using a patience and time in the match before.
I really hope he didn't just buy it from Xur right before getting one in the crucible :D

patchday

This fucking game is fun to play, but the grind sucks so much ass I avoid PVE like the plague. Doing the same thing over and over again is seriously mind numbing.

It's pretty obvious to me the game was designed to prevent hardcore gamers from leveling up way too fast and just destroying the casual players. Everyone is kept on a level playing field (as much as possible).

Ho hum. At least I can say the MP is fun and I don't feel like my cash was wasted (completely). Destiny hasn't been 100% satisfying, but it hasn't been a total shit hole either.

6/10 for me.

NB: did anyone watch/listen to the video by some dude speculating about why Destiny is the way it is and not the way it was marketed? Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5BpeHVTWY&feature=youtu.be

Yep that is a pretty good video. But ultimately, I may not buy the DLC simply due to the onslaught of new titles coming out that will be very good.

He didn't give me TLW. :mad:

But he gave me P&T. :)
yeah i actually wanted patience and time.

people get upset when he sells stuff that they already bought
people get upset he wont sell something he already sold and that they missed out on.

yall shoulda bought the gjallarhorn when he sold it the last time, cheaper than the suros

Basically. He's actually selling a new weapon this week and people are complaining more than when he sold the Suros again.
notsureifserious

Completely.

pringles

Well, that's a shitty and boring week for Xur. Why the hell does Bungie insist in selling the same armor pieces week after week? Dear Bungie lurkers: It's irritating your fanbase. People like me are slowing losing interest in your game between this and the REDICULOUS glitches in the Vault of glass that literally beg me to play something else.

I have an idea -- why don't you put your egos aside and start letting people play the game as they wish, not as you DEMAND.

That'll be a good start.
Bungie can't win here because every time Xur sells something cool there is outrage that 'cool thing' is no longer hard to get and exclusive. I don't think Xur is meant to be an easy way to acquiring every exotic in the game, which he would be if every item changed every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom