• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjRalford

Ugh the splash damage from the nexus shots is so ridiculous. Rest of the nightfall is so easy, but the damn splash gets me all the time no matter what.

If you alternate sides at the ledge you can get 2 rockets off before he switches, then take the Minotaur out and fire from the opposite side.

Rinse
Repeat
?????
Profit

hydruxo

I'm level 30 and I still have an uncommon sparrow haha. Timebreaker has eluded me so far. Not trying to buy a rare sparrow because I know RNG will give me a Timebreaker right afterwards to spite me.

NeOak

Not unprecedented. Heart of the Praxic Fire (AKA coolest chest armor for female characters) does it too, 210 ammo capacity.

I love combining my Heart of the Praxic Fire with my Vex Mythoclast.

Yes, but that would mean having to be the second best a warlock class in the game

At this point I certainly have not seen anything to indicate it's not a completely random roll.

He has five slots to roll for each week.

Chance of any specific titan armor piece: 1 in 6
Chance of any specific warlock armor piece: 1 in 6
Chance of any specific hunter armor piece: 1 in 6
Chance of any specific weapon: 1 in 12
Chance of any particular exotic engram type: 1 in 3 (? Assuming they can only be armor, which they have so far. It's technically possible but unlikely that he has weapon engrams in there.)

Let's think about Sunbreakers. There have been 8 rolls so far. In 3 of them, there were Sunbreakers. Voidfang Vestments, 2 out of 8. The other 3 were each a unique piece; Skull of Dire Ahamkara is the only Warlock piece to have not appeared so far, despite "so much" repetition.

Another way to look at it is: it feels like Sunbreakers have appeared soooo much because the "warlock exotic armor roll" has hit "gauntlets" 3 times, but there is only one- Sunbreakers. The Armamentarium has not only appeared the same amount of times, it's also appeared 3 times in a row. There's just less rage over that because 1) it's a most versatile exotic piece in general, and 2) there is another Titan exotic chestpiece, which he has also sold.

Random through and through until proven otherwise.

I've been referring to it as a random generator I'm just saying that I think once in a while they may toss something in manually like Suros, that was way too great a coincidence but I don't think Bungie are such hellish trolls that they would do three Sunbreakers or three of the Titan armor in a row on purpose so to me it's definitely mostly random. I'm saying they need to tweak the code for their random generator both here and for the strike playlist so that it's less likely to roll a particular armor piece or strike mission multiple times within x amount of time. AT LEAST not twice in a row.

R0ckman

Kind of wish they would do something like have special random material drops at a rare but not insane probability maybe a little more than blue engram but less than the chance of a green, that are exclusive to the raid area enemies. You collect them over time doing aids each week and then take the collected items to Xur or the weapon guy to collect that raid's weapon. This random for EVERYTHING thing is just tiring after a while.

Ambitious

Is it? I just got it yesterday and barely starting using it.

Just wait until you unlock the Firefly upgrade. It makes enemies explode when you kill them with headshots. It won't take long, it's the second upgrade.

If you can get it done don't wait for me. This may take awhile. Lol

How many points do you have? I could save us both some time by starting the strike solo.

Just wait until you max it out. It's a blast.
pun maybe intended :)

You're talking about the exploding rounds? Was just about to ask about their effectiveness.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been referring to it as a random generator I'm just saying that I think once in a while they may toss something in manually like Suros, that was way too great a coincidence but I don't think Bungie are such hellish trolls that they would do three Sunbreakers or three of the Titan armor in a row on purpose so to me it's definitely mostly random. I'm saying they need to tweak the code for their random generator both here and for the strike playlist so that it's less likely to roll a particular armor piece or strike mission multiple times within x amount of time. AT LEAST not twice in a row.
i guess just a flag to not repeat any items two weeks in a row would alleviate a lot of what people complain about with xur.

the strike playlist is inexplicable. that should just be a static sequence, especially if you're staying with the same fireteam. Makes nooo sense.

hydruxo

Just wait until you unlock the Firefly upgrade. It makes enemies explode when you kill them with headshots. It won't take long, it's the second upgrade.

How many points do you have? I could save as both some time by starting the strike solo.

You're talking about the exploding rounds? Was just about to ask about their effectiveness.

Nah I was talking about Firefly. Don't use explosive rounds in pve, it cuts the dmg down. They do stagger people in pvp and make it tough to aim properly though.

Did you see my post about the odds per slot? It... kind of sounds like you actually want it to not be a random/psuedorandom generator in favor of something that weights items which have not appeared recently, is that right?

If you asking what I want, yes, this is correct. I'm not trying to lobby for that though because it won't happen. I know they have their minds set on random generator so I'd just like to see them tweak it as I mentioned in my previous post.

As for the game of Destiny and meeting expectations as some of you have been discussing today, there probably aren't too many people that have followed the game closely for years and aren't disappointed. There's a ton one could complain about, the story is shit, and they have their priorities out of whack on what order to tackle fixes and tweaks (addressing boss cheese instead of actual glitches with the encounter) BUT I don't spend all my posts bitching about the game and I still play the game often for one reason: I'm having fun. There is only one reason you should ever play a video game and that's to enjoy yourself. This makes it incredibly simple to decide if you should continue to play Destiny or not. We can and should continue to speak out on what needs fixing and what could improve the game and our experience with it. Constructive criticism is only ever a good thing. It's just silly to me to say a game sucks and then continue to play the hell out of it.

broony

Is this loot list correct and complete?:

First Chest(Spire formed):
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss battle: Templar:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only)
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Second Chest(Secret Room):
Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Third Chest (Before Gorgon):
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Fourth Chest (Gorgon Maze)
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon:
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (Hard Mode only)
Raid Helmet (Hard Mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (Hard Mode only)
---

grats Namikaze! post a screenie and I'll add you to the OP :D'
oops, only other I meant, sorry. praxic's refusal to show up is what started this whole deal

or buy the DLC XD

Wait, we get to stand tall in the thread forever if we get plat? I must get that Flawless!

How could you omit Praxic, the bane of my Destiny existence ;_;

Indeed

Deku Tree

Do Bungies VoG death stats include all the deaths of all of your team-mates. I don't think I died anywhere close to the number of times they said I did. I guess they count all of the suicide wipes too...

GobFather

From what I've read about it this morning, the camo perk isn't useful because there's a red laser that other gamers can see so the camo doesn't work well in PvP and apparently it's not that great against the computer either but that may have more to do with the fact that it takes a few seconds to kick in. What makes the gun good is it's ridiculous stability and high impact. I also really like the radar active while zoomed in perk. It's a great sniper so really all you need to ask yourself are two things: 1. Do you already have another sniper just as good or better? 2. Do you already have a great Arc weapon for when there's Arc burn in the weeklies? I personally have an Arc version of The Supremacy which is a great sniper so I may pass on P and T but am waiting to compare the two in-game.

Thank you. That was very helpful

It's decent but nah. If he sells the hawkmoon tho then we'd be in trouble lol

When you're up closer to an enemy you can just destroy them with The Last Words fan fire, plus the hip fire accuracy and damage bonus with the stability it's probably the best PVP handcannon. Killed many SUROS wielding enemies with it.

Afterlife

He can't sell Hawkmoon, but I'm not sure I get what you mean- Hawkmoon's more OP than TLW in PvP?
Yeah I know he can't sell it so I'm glad lol. The hawkmoon is a monster 1 hit kill with the super bullet and 2-3 with normal bullets assuming tou aim for the head. I was wrecking with it yesterday

Steroyd

Greeeeaaaat I get Chest and helmet raid gear for my Warlock, wouldn't be an issue if I hadn't have had an exotic Helmet and Chest, so now I regret not getting the exotic arm pieve Engram last week... Argh!

benjammin

Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Raid Body

Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
---

I was pretty sure that I got hezen vengeance from the third chest, but I may be mistaken

LiK

Man, I don't even die in Normal in Raid anymore. If the Atheon glitches were fixed I can get the Flawless and then work on alts for the Platinum. Only need 3 trophies left. Fucking Bungie and their useless patches.

hydruxo

Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Raid Body

Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
---

I don't think I've seen anyone get an exotic from Templar? Maybe I have idk haha. The notification of who got what goes by so quickly.

WarWolf

Man, I don't even die in Normal in Raid anymore. If the Atheon glitches were fixed I can get the Flawless and then work on alts for the Platinum. Only need 3 trophies left. Fucking Bungie and their useless patches.

Yeah, getting to Atheon flawless then hitting a glitch is such a punch in the gut. If only they worked on the bugs before the cheese fixes.

patchday

You know what is pissing me off. How worthless the Crucible is.
It is by far my favorite thing to do if I am playing solo and it is pretty much pointless for my character at this point.

Yep. Doesnt provide materials to upgrade our equipment. Doesnt even provide a lot of 'green' loot (like Strikes) so if you're playing on a new alt in Crucible its tough to gather mats to upgrade light level.

I am guessing the new Iron Banner will come out right before the DLC when the new cap is L32 anyway (or it will be a serious lot of rep+ grinding needed to unlock the items)

I got really punished by this game when I rolled my Hunter alt. I didnt have any Sapphire wires vaulted. Didnt get any loot leveling up since it was all mostly in Crucible.

Fuck, FUCK, i´m at work and my lucky as fuck raid partner, that one that gets EVERYTHING EVERY SINGLE TIME sent me a picture, he reached level 30 with his hunter, and he is really close with his titan alt too... i swear to god that if the next week i´m not 30 with my main character, i´ll bleed him to death and drink his blood, maybe that way i get some of his luck.

MADGAME

Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Raid Body

Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
---

Praetorian Foil, a Legendary Solar Fusion Rifle, can be nabbed from Templar battle also. (on Hard only, I believe). I see you have it at Gatekeeper, but I nabbed it at Templar

LiK

Yeah, getting to Atheon flawless then hitting a glitch is such a punch in the gut. If only they worked on the bugs before the cheese fixes.

If only they delayed the patch for another week it would've been over for some of us. But they rushed it out the fucking door. And people are STILL cheesing the fuck outta Atheon.

Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Raid Body

Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
---

I have (4) Atheon's Epilogues and i swear i've gotten them from other stages than Atheon. I cant be certain though... too many raids... too many raid weapons.

WarWolf

If only they delayed the patch for another week it would've been over for some of us. But they rushed it out the fucking door. And people are STILL cheesing the fuck outta Atheon.

One thing that's certain is people will continue to find new ways to cheese.

Namikaze1

Proof of my Lordship:

B1S2GhfIgAAyG1b.jpg:orig

Please add me to the short list, Hawkian, mighty wielder of the Hawkmoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom