• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Upon expansion they should put the raid weapons into Xur's pool of weapons.

I dunno. VoG would lose its purpose entirely then. I still play Raid for Fatebringer, Vision, Praetorian and Hezen. Got all the rest.

We had to start this Raid without them, after all. Some are good for the Raid itself (Atheon's, Corrective) But others will probably shine even more in others (Mythoclast).

Can I join? Did the hard raid 3 times one of them beated Atheon legit.

LVL 29 Titan, PSN: Jssom

Add me.

I'd like to join.
Level 29 Hunter. Fully upgraded Shadow Price and Icebreaker, almost fully upgraded Corrective Measure (need the last two upgrades).

edit: That makes me number seven.

You have me added already from the last time we did it. Just send an invite if you need someone.

I apologize to everyone who responded. Right after I posted I lucked into a full team of 5. If for some reason we don't complete, I will invite everyone who replied. First to post gets first dibs.

Looking for 4 more for hard mode raid. I have a gatekeeper checkpoint so might as well finish that and atheon and then if you guys got time, we can get the templar checkpoints and get all the treasure.

1)
2)
3)
4)

PSN: Jignxs

I slept for a long time and missed many thread pages but let me know who's up for flawless tonight. Weren't you trying to do it at 8pm gmt astro?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I dunno. VoG would lose its purpose entirely then. I still play Raid for Fatebringer, Vision, Praetorian and Hezen. Got all the rest.

We had to start this Raid without them, after all. Some are good for the Raid itself (Atheon's, Corrective) But others will probably shine even more in others (Mythoclast).

I don't think anyone is going to play VoG once the second raid comes out. I believe the second raid is level 28 and up, so if you are already 29/30, there's no point. And if you are below 28, it makes more sense to shard up to 28/29 with the legendaries you have from drops/vendors and do the new raid and skip the VoG step altogether.

Ambitious

Looking for 4 more for hard mode raid. I have a gatekeeper checkpoint so might as well finish that and atheon and then if you guys got time, we can get the templar checkpoints and get all the treasure.

1)
2)
3)
4)

I'm going to be ready in 20 minutes max. If you're going to start earlier, send me another PSN message.

SkylineRKR

I don't think anyone is going to play VoG once the second raid comes out. I believe the second raid is level 28 and up, so if you are already 29/30, there's no point. And if you are below 28, it makes more sense to shard up to 28/29 with the legendaries you have from drops/vendors and do the new raid and skip the VoG step altogether.

Not everyone is going to buy expansions.

And for those below 28, the VoG drops would be perfect to level higher and tackle the next Raid with. I guess there will be Solar, and lots of VoG drops are Solar.

1)
2)
3)
4)

Glad you got the checkpoint. Good luck.

Been waiting for him to post. I'm down for more attempts tonight.

Cool, I'm doing a few things now but will keep an eye on the thread and jump on if/when we get a team. PSN maintenance meant we had to scrap it last night but Matt and I were going to do it again tonight at 9pm PST/12am EST.

really?! it doenst for me and there was a bunch here that said that is why and some reddit, news sites hmmmmm.

I can confirm that pumpkin head worked for me the one time I used it, which was after NF.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not everyone is going to buy expansions.

And for those below 28, the VoG drops would be perfect to level higher and tackle the next Raid with. I guess there will be Solar, and lots of VoG drops are Solar.

I never even contemplated someone wouldn't buy the expansion.

Don't know how people are doing what? You're more than adequately equipped for a normal raid. I've seen some 26s run it with no exotic gear.

Reading the last few pages of this thread I can see many people with multiple exotics (armour and weapons) and just wondered what are the best game modes to play.

I'm quite methodical in the way I play so maybe I should attempt the raid when I'm next online for a newbie run.

phen0m24

3 Man raid done :-D

tEM0NJl.jpg

That would be a stream to watch. Wow!!

Deku Tree

GAF: I got two sets of almost complete level 30 warlock gear (missing boots for both)...
So should I level up a second warlock to 20 so that I can RAID twice a week? Or should just I keep my level 2 hunter on hold until I get more RNG legendary engram drops for her?

Stantron

GAF: I got two sets of almost complete level 30 warlock gear (missing boots for both)...
So should I level up a second warlock to 20 so that I can RAID twice a week? Or should just I keep my level 2 hunter on hold until I get more RNG legendary engram drops for her?

I waited until I got a bunch of legendary gear for my alts before starting them. It made the transition from level 20 to 26 very fast. Unlike the long grind it took for my initial main character.

If I were to create a secondary duplicate character, I would just do a few easy bounties per day until I reached level 20 rather than grind through the story... and cut scenes. *shivers*

Deku Tree

I am questioning whether I should keep collecting weapons when (1) the ones I have are already extremely lethal and they allow me to plow through just about anything in the game and (2) I don't have enough vault space to save them all so that I will have to destroy some of the fantastic weapons that I already have in order to make room for other weapons that are only possibly marginally better only after I grind them up to full maxed out status again... I think Bungie needs to give us more space in the Vault.

Chitown B

Ass matts everytime, whether you open the Spirit Bloom chest or not. And contrary to popular belief, opening the spirit bloom does not negate the secret Templar chest from spawning. However, if somebody reaches the Labyrinth floor before the chest is looted, it will immediately despawn. (I've had it happen to me personally)

this is true. I got infected or something and couldn't see anything, after I got left behind - I went too far when they were waiting for me and the chest despawned under a guy's feet.

WarWolf

I am questioning whether I should keep collecting weapons when (1) the ones I have are already extremely lethal and they allow me to plow through just about anything in the game and (2) I don't have enough vault space to save them all so that I will have to destroy some of the fantastic weapons that I already have in order to make room for other weapons that are only possibly marginally better only after I grind them up to full maxed out status again... I think Bungie needs to give us more space in the Vault.

Much, much more space. What do they expect us to do with all the new exotics from the future expansions?

Bladelaw

Any tips for soloing the daily @ 28?

Liberal use of void weaponry. If a blade dancer, go invis and use the "jump through the window" trick to skip the Servitors fight. Stealth through the rest till the boss. Look for the cheese spot inside the boss room to the left of where you start. Don't get greedy with shots on the boss.

Atheon's Epilogue is hilariously powerful in this one.

So I had some thoughts about how Bungie can clean up the weekend playlists and get some more interest and diversity into the other factions of the Tower. Let me know what you guys would think about stuff like this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2kx1d3/lets_talk_about_multiplayer_modes_ideas_for/
Factions Wars

Every weekend should have a cycle of 1 of 3 game types. First, let’s promote Salvage to a full time playlist. This way we have Clash:Control::Skirmish:Salvage. Rumble of course should remain as the standard FFA option. Now the weekend playlists should be a Fri/Sat/Sun thing, and they should exclusively offer rep for 1 of 3 factions. They should also have small chances of dropping those faction’s weapons, armor, and shaders. All victories should have a base of +25 rep for win, +15 rep for loss. Faction class items are ignored for these game types.

New Monarchy – Free Fire
Free Fire means friendly fire is now turned on. Using a modified Skirmish mode; Dead Orbit wants to make sure you aren’t just some loose cannon, but an expert marksman and a great team player. Penalties for Friendly fire will also be in place, something like -50 points, as well as an extra 2 seconds on your respawn timer. 10,000 to win. Now, we’ll want a kick prompt like we did in the halo days to avoid trolling. The person or persons on the winning team will the fewest team kills will net an extra +5 rep for a win.

Future War Cult – Combined Arms
Future War Cult believes that the future is all about taking the battle to the skies, about 3 feet (1 meter) into the skies precisely. This is a modified Clash game type. All maps will spawn with 3 interceptors. 3 Fresh interceptors will spawn again every 2 minutes, unless an interceptor hasn’t moved from its spawn location. 5 Pikes will also be placed around the map in various locations, they will also be on 2 minutes timers, though they will only spawn after the previous pike has been destroyed. Finally, there will be no special weapon ammo drops/crates. Only normal ammo will drop from crates. Heavy ammo will still spawn normally. The person or persons at the end of the match with the most combined interceptor and pike kills will get an extra +5 rep, winning team not necessary.

Dead Orbit – Betrayer
Betrayer is based on the Halo Juggernauts of old. A modified version of Rumble, a Knight’s Sword spawns in the middle of the map, the first player to grab it gains an extra shield bar, and cannot drop the sword. Getting a kill with the sword is an extra 100 points on top of the standard 100 for a kill. FFA is still active, and you can kill anyone around for the base 100 points. Score goes to 3000. Killing the sword user instantly transfers the sword to you and nets you 250 points. The person or persons with the most kills as the Betrayer will get an extra +5 rep.

These are just some ideas that I had the other day. I'd love to hear any opinions about them, or any other suggestions for playlists. Naturally, I'd love to see some more objective game types like capture the flag and assualt, but I don't believe destiny has the right maps yet for some of those. The idea above was to mostly use assets that are already in game. I figure the probability of added them would be more likely this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom