• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilcian

Neo Member
Hey guys, my friend and I would like to join a normal VoG raid group on the PS4 and do it around 9 pm EST. We have completed the raid multiple times before. PSN Tailsaga (29 Titan), Dootzor (29 Warlock). Thank You.

Didn't see this new solo cheese video yesterday so it might be old, funny though. Same method as the previous just different spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Zb1Z9X_rU

Here is what I don't get about the Aetheon fixes from Bungie. Rather than make stupid baby bumpers, and only on one spot of the map, here is how I would have handled this.

Aetheon doesn't take fall damage, he can fall way way way down there, and still live, and thats where he'll stay. He'll be so far down that bullets wont touch him, so you wont be able to kill him. You'll just be left with the option to kill yourself because you tried to cheat the system.

How is that not 10 times easier than whatever the hell else they've done. I mean, am I missing something, or would that solve all the cheese problems right there?

WarWolf

Here is what I don't get about the Aetheon fixes from Bungie. Rather than make stupid baby bumpers, and only on one spot of the map, here is how I would have handled this.

Aetheon doesn't take fall damage, he can fall way way way down there, and still live, and thats where he'll stay. He'll be so far down that bullets wont touch him, so you wont be able to kill him. You'll just be left with the option to kill yourself because you tried to cheat the system.

How is that not 10 times easier than whatever the hell else they've done. I mean, am I missing something, or would that solve all the cheese problems right there?

Or give him a sweet jet pack.

EL CUCO

I've been doing it with 3 characters for the longest and my luck has been terrible. When playing a game starts feeling like it's a job, it's time to quit.

Good luck to the rest of DestinyGAF.

I step into the Tower every morning as if its another day at the office. I walk up to the Vault and prepare my Guardian for duty, like I was organizing my desk, sipping a cup of coffee.

While vendors greet me as I wave to my co-workers, I then proceed to hit the to-do board to see what's on today's schedule. Carefully strategizing my next route in order to be most efficient in my work, I glance at today's daily task. I'll likely tackle that first while completing some easy little side jobs from the to-do list. Shortly after that I head over to my public conference call. It isn't mandatory, but it's in my best interest as it helps maximize my tools for the job. Once that is completed, I'll finish the rest of my to-do list and take on some more special projects, however I see fill the rest of my day.

Usually Tuesday's and Wednesday's are my busiest days, but I'm not afraid of getting my hands a little dirty during the weekend, if I have to. Lucky for me, I'm a workaholic. You could say it's my Destiny.

Kamina

Golden Boy

I dont think it is that easy. Its not falling damage you or enemies take when falling. You just simply die when falling beyond a specific point. The easiest solution would be to implement an automatic respawn for Atheon in case of falling.

Tovarisc

Or just remove parameter from his AI that tells him to avoid AoE damage of nades and supers? He takes so little damage from them anyways.

I step into the Tower every morning as if its another day at the office. I walk up to the Vault and prepare my Guardian for duty, like I was organizing my desk, sipping a cup of coffee.

While vendors greet me as I wave to my co-workers, I then proceed to hit the to-do board to see what's on today's schedule. Carefully strategizing my next route in order to be most efficient in my work, I glance at today's daily task. I'll likely tackle that first while completing some easy little side jobs from the to-do list. Shortly after that I head over to my public conference call. It isn't mandatory, but it's in my best interest as it helps maximize my tools for the job. Once that is completed, I'll finish the rest of my to-do list and take on some more special projects, however I see fill the rest of my day.

Usually Tuesday's and Wednesday's are my busiest days, but I'm not afraid of getting my hands a little dirty during the weekend, if I have to. Lucky for me, I'm a workaholic. You could say it's my Destiny.

10/10 fan fic. Would read again.

Still looking to join or start a normal raid.

JayEH

Looking for group for Atheon Hard. PS4

1. RedViperN7 (29 Titan)
2. Snake__ (30 Warlock)
3. Zocano (29 Titan)
4. DjRalford (29 Titan)

FATEBRINGER GET!

Finally, got it by completing templar on Hard mode.
Fatebringer.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
I started to cheese... takes a lot of time to fulfill the SUPER bar and if you got teleported and don't take the relic the SUPER is gone.

But it not that hard... just that you can't try every time... needs to wait the super first.

It is better with a lot of Warlocks... so each one can try one time while the others fill the super.

TURBO1112

Finally got my 2nd piece of raid Gear. Felt so good. Doubt I ever get the boots, but hey it had been a constant stream of ass mats, its nice to actually get some gear.

Squalltdx

Even with zero upgrades using P&T just feels so good and comfortable to shoot with. The only flaw so far is the mag. I need to lvl up for Field Scout asap.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't believe there's a new cheese method. At some point they need to just make him immune to grenades or just put fake bumpers around the entire damn map.

Never mind fixing any of the bugs though, of course.

R0ckman

How about we get them to fix the damn wipe inducing bugs instead?

LiK

I can't believe there's a new cheese method. At some point they need to just make him immune to grenades or just put fake bumpers around the entire damn map.

Never mind fixing any of the bugs though, of course.

they need to delete Atheon from the game. No more cheeses and glitches.

Tovarisc

I started to cheese... takes a lot of time to fulfill the SUPER bar and if you got teleported and don't take the relic the SUPER is gone.

But it not that hard... just that you can't try every time... needs to wait the super first.

It is better with a lot of Warlocks... so each one can try one time while the others fill the super.

I think legit tactic is faster than that new more RNG based cheese.

LordofPwn

I agree with this, could be Regular Tokens and Hard Tokens to be used at a Raid vendor

Which is why the tokens that you buy the raid gear with should be only earned from the raid. (5 for normal, 10 for hard, or separate tokens for each) There should still be drops that you can only get from the bosses and not from buying with tokens (Vex Mythoclast, The Sparrow, etc.), but you should be able to buy enough gear to bring you to lvl. 30.

I would like for gear to drop the way it is now in addition to giving out tokens, so people can get lucky and get the gear, and the people who are currently getting screwed over (like me, 6 hard runs and numerous normal runs, only one piece of gear dropped) have a solid goal where they can guarantee their lvl. 30 character.

Raid tokens or "marks" to better fit. Will be character locked and won't take up an inventory slot. Hard mode tokens could also have value of regular raid tokens (1 HM mark = 2-5 RM mark). that way it would only be possible to get helm and mythoclast with HM marks. only get them after each "loot" 1 at each. cap out at 10 each per raid per week (so max of 20 HM marks per week) that way you could help people at checkpoints but not abuse it. loot from other raids won't unlock until you've completed said raid. and then you could say it's 25-30 HM marks for the helm, and 50 for the exotic weapon. or you tie the exotic weapon to raid bounties. (kill x amount of enemies with [gun type]), complete the raid without dying (just you), etc.

How good of a roll is "raid boots"? Is raid armor pretty much the rarest of the rolls in VoG?

there's like twice as many weapons (7 normal 10 hard) you could get compared to armor items (3 normal, 4 hard). so say you only need a chest piece (like me) and if you do happen to get a drop that isnt a material you have a 1 in 10 chance of getting it (need hard data on loot tables for the specific encounters)

The way they "fixed" it is ridiculous. Obviously it didn't work, and when you try to do it legit, he looks stupid floating above you when you're onthe middle platform.

Should had him be able to teleport back to the middle like the rest of the vex if he fell below the platform height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom