• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No way, the Raid gear/weapons are the only reason many continue to play it. It'll become a dead zone if you can just buy the stuff from there. Even level 30s continue to do it for weapons they are missing.

People wouldn't stop doing the raid for this reason though. Waiting for Xur for any one item, when you can instead farm the raid in 50 minutes for the item, wouldn't make much sense. You could be waiting for months for Xur.

Bladelaw

People wouldn't stop doing the raid for this reason though. Waiting for Xur for any one item, when you can instead farm the raid in 50 minutes for the item, wouldn't make much sense. You could be waiting for months for Xur.

I'd rather a token system to prevent getting screwed 6 weeks straight.

Why thank you, fig. :)

larry-david-hand-shake-o.gif

I suppose this is true but there needs to be 'something' you can't just buy from Xur and Raid gear makes the most sense. The Raid is the ultimate PvE content in the game so it needs to have unique gear. It would be ridiculous for someone to get Raid gear without having ever played it a single time IMO.

We're waiting for you ambitious

I tried to join back on after I switched my weapons but the team was full. Obviously I'm happy to help but please don't invite me if you are doing to get someone else in anyway, otherwise I just interrupt what I was doing to waste time switching stuff around and then have to switch it back. Thanks.

Send me an invite if you guys need a 6th.

PSN: zewone

If astro shows up we should have at least 4 now, so we'll see. I'll definitely send you an invite if it comes together here.

Deku Tree

I waited until I got a bunch of legendary gear for my alts before starting them. It made the transition from level 20 to 26 very fast. Unlike the long grind it took for my initial main character.

If I were to create a secondary duplicate character, I would just do a few easy bounties per day until I reached level 20 rather than grind through the story... and cut scenes. *shivers*

I like the story missions, not the cut-scenes but the combat is less monotonous than bounties, bounties, bounties... lthough I think you have to to a certain number of story missions anyway for the whole world to open up. But your right I can quickly do all the bounties every day and that might be the fastest way to level up.

I've been doing it with 3 characters for the longest and my luck has been terrible. When playing a game starts feeling like it's a job, it's time to quit.

Good luck to the rest of DestinyGAF.

I know that feel bro!

Some people have been blessed by the RNG Gods.

Not me sadly. I wish you well dude.

Deku Tree

Much, much more space. What do they expect us to do with all the new exotics from the future expansions?

I know... right. We should really have unlimited space... at least give us the option to buy more weapon space with useless glimmer or motes of light or strange coins or something...

R0ckman

So I had some thoughts about how Bungie can clean up the weekend playlists and get some more interest and diversity into the other factions of the Tower. Let me know what you guys would think about stuff like this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2kx1d3/lets_talk_about_multiplayer_modes_ideas_for/

What HAPPENED at Bungie? These shouldn't be ideas, these should have been in the damn game at launch. I don't believe these are the same guys that made Halo, granted how many people stayed behind with 343 that surely needed to be replaced moving forward?

I know... right. We should really have unlimited space... at least give us the option to buy more weapon space with useless glimmer or motes of light or strange coins or something...

There are so many thing wrong with this game and so many things it needs and all Bungie seems to give a crap about is patching Atheon, so he cant fall.

Arrrammis

I suppose this is true but there needs to be 'something' you can't just buy from Xur and Raid gear makes the most sense. The Raid is the ultimate PvE content in the game so it needs to have unique gear. It would be ridiculous for someone to get Raid gear without having ever played it a single time IMO.

Which is why the tokens that you buy the raid gear with should be only earned from the raid. (5 for normal, 10 for hard, or separate tokens for each) There should still be drops that you can only get from the bosses and not from buying with tokens (Vex Mythoclast, The Sparrow, etc.), but you should be able to buy enough gear to bring you to lvl. 30.

I would like for gear to drop the way it is now in addition to giving out tokens, so people can get lucky and get the gear, and the people who are currently getting screwed over (like me, 6 hard runs and numerous normal runs, only one piece of gear dropped) have a solid goal where they can guarantee their lvl. 30 character.

I like the story missions, not the cut-scenes but the combat is less monotonous than bounties, bounties, bounties... lthough I think you have to to a certain number of story missions anyway for the whole world to open up. But your right I can quickly do all the bounties every day and that might be the fastest way to level up.

Yeah it took me 18 hours to get my Hunter to 28 as I had 2 legendaries and 1 exotic for her, all found by my main level 30 Titan.

I didn't do many story missions, I don't even have Mars unlocked for her hahaha.

My 11 warlock has 2 legendaries and I will buy the Xur exotic for him today.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I'm pissed with Xur.... it won't give me my G.horn.

So what are the best changes to get one from RNG? 0.00001% on Strike playlist? Which play list is the best? Crucible?

I will die doing that this weekend.

realcZk

So what are the best changes to get one from RNG? 0.00001% on Strike playlist? Which play list is the best? Crucible?

You'll only get a Gjallarhorn from a random drop if you already own a Gjallarhorn.

blackflag

Liberal use of void weaponry. If a blade dancer, go invis and use the "jump through the window" trick to skip the Servitors fight. Stealth through the rest till the boss. Look for the cheese spot inside the boss room to the left of where you start. Don't get greedy with shots on the boss.

Atheon's Epilogue is hilariously powerful in this one.

He said daily.

Oh ok, I guess I can join as a 4th and that would make it easier.
It would but atheon still glitches out like crazy. He didn't teleport any of us and was nearing enrage.

But as I like to say A wipe a raid keeps the glitches away and thats exactly what happened, after our first wipe of the raid atheon didn't glitch and we beat him in 5/6 runs
Oh right. Wow. Do you have to use the infinite warlock revive glitch to guarantee his super is charged up for each portal... or maybe it stays charged after times vengeance...

Nah, we used times vengeance :-D

Kamina

Golden Boy
Given I got almost 2 of each raid armour piece for my 30 titan and no Vex or Fatebringer, I would say NO.
RNG

I've been doing raids since VoG was up first and did both hard and normal every week since then.
My Warlock still lacks Gloves, the Chestpiece, a Helmet and a Mythoclast.
But i got 3 hard Raid ships, 5 Atheons Epilogue, and about 10 chatterwhite.

Well it seems we beat gatekeeper and atheon hard mode in 20 minutes.

That was fast!

Now all I need is templar and oracle drops for hard mode and I'm done for the week.

ethomaz

Banned
Nightfall
You dropped my chances over RNG for one time per week :(

Well my Titan (I'm liking to play like Titan) is lvl 19... one more level and I already can equip all the gears found with my Warlock... so it will be up to lvl 24 at least.

I guess I will have two chances this week (one I already did).

You'll only get a Gjallarhorn from a random drop if you already own a Gjallarhorn.
Dam RNG.... can you loan one to me?

I bought one that first week, I got one from an NF drop, and I got one from the left Gorgon maze chest in the raid.

Mindlog

Well it seems we beat gatekeeper and atheon hard mode in 20 minutes.

That was fast!

Now all I need is templar and oracle drops for hard mode and I'm done for the week.
Would have been faster without the bugs :]
All I got were shards and energy again. I need energy though so no complaints. Also nice to get my first New Atheon kill. It confirmed how much I like the change. Used to holding the relic all the time or not at all. Got it twice and it wasn't because someone died.

Ambitious

Finished the last part of the raid. My Pulse Elite headset was acting up. There's a slider to adjust the volume ratio between game audio and voice, and strangely today it didn't work at all. Was hard to hear what the other guys were saying.
Also, when I turned it off, my speakers were still silent until I unplugged the dongle. Weird.

In other news: I got both the raid chest piece and the gloves, so my set is now complete! I can't believe it.
Oh, and as a nice little extra: Vex fucking Mythoclast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom