• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabal Phalanx + Angry -modifier + Auto Aim of Destiny = Shitty enemy

You can't make them to flinch so you need kill them by shooting them to arm, but same time aggressive auto aim [sorry, "aim assist"] pulls your aim / bullets towards Phalanxes center mass causing most of shots to be "immune". So fucking annoying and makes them so boring / frustrating to go against.

I love fighting phalanx, double jump over their head and hand cannon to the head. Shield what?

Jaysus, I've got Crucible marks coming out of my ass. Are there any worthwhile weapons sold by the faction/Crucible vendors, or would I be better off just buying legendary armor for decon mats?

It doesn't help that I'm still not quite Rank 2 in the crucible, and only Rank 2 with FWC.

Thanks again to everyone who answered my questions last night.

hydruxo

Jaysus, I've got Crucible marks coming out of my ass. Are there any worthwhile weapons sold by the faction/Crucible vendors, or would I be better off just buying legendary armor for decon mats?

It doesn't help that I'm still not quite Rank 2 in the crucible, and only Rank 2 with FWC.

Thanks again to everyone who answered my questions last night.

Lord High Fixer and Grim Citizen are good

OK, so we know that once we're at the same or above an enemy's level we don't do more damage with the same weapon.

But how does attack come into the equation? Does an enemy at level 28 take more damage from a weapon with attack at 300 than from one at 280 something?

naeS

There are so many other things I want to play/watch, but when I think about things other than Destiny, it feels like a betrayal. So I play more Destiny.

I have a problem.

Finally got my Warlock up to 28 and I believe I am ready to try the Vault of Glass this week. Any other first timers want to give it a shot with me on PS4? I'm on MST and like to game starting around 6PM in my time zone.

Just got DCd playing the daily single player. Started it again and it restarted from the beginning.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY. Especially when the rest of the missions do start from the last checkpoint when exiting and starting again.

D6AMIA6N

most players at random times. I got a few yesterday during a raid :/

This is the first time since beta I've received these messages? "Use of user-generated media is not allowed for your account" and "use of this applications chat and messaging features is not allowed for your account". Any ideas? Never had any issues with PSN before?

Acorn

This is the first time since beta I've received these messages? "Use of user-generated media is not allowed for your account" and "use of this applications chat and messaging features is not allowed for your account". Any ideas? Never had any issues with PSN before?
Sounds like a fuck up of destiny recognising plus on your account.

Ikkarus

Do we know when the next event is going live? i.e. Queen's Wrath, Iron Banner etc.

I just pinged 28 last night, after being stuck on 27 for pretty much 2 weeks solid. Finally feel like I can take part in the Vault of Glass now. Hurrah!

Cabal Phalanx + Angry -modifier + Auto Aim of Destiny = Shitty enemy

You can't make them to flinch so you need kill them by shooting them to arm, but same time aggressive auto aim [sorry, "aim assist"] pulls your aim / bullets towards Phalanxes center mass causing most of shots to be "immune". So fucking annoying and makes them so boring / frustrating to go against.

Weapon like Vex Mythoclast is supposed to be crown jewel of this raid tier when it comes to PvE weaponry, but instead of that we get some fake diamond just so "we can have numbers that are ok for both, PvE and PvP". That is some parity bullshit that makes PvE bland just so PvP can be "balanced"*.

For e.g. even after nerf patch AR's are still extremely dominant and super easy to use in PvP, especially Suros Regime, Shingen-C etc., but same time their effectiveness in PvE dramatically dropped because increased bullet spread coupled with lower critical damage.

Also my level 30 warlock hitting Sepsik Prime [discoball at Devil's Lair] for 700 dmg / shot, when doing lvl 8 version of strike, where my right level hunter was hitting it for maybe 100 dmg / bullet, if even that, disagrees with your "PvP and PvE are normalised" argument.

* It will never be in Destiny. Map design with supers and weapons makes it impossible to balance. Too much weapons that dominate short range while maps are all about short range, excluding Bastion and First Light that are snipe fest.

Edit: Devil's Lair is boring as hell when I over level it by 22 levels, because bosses are such bullet sponges against even 300 dmg weapons, and it was suicide inducing with right level character. Don't get me started on Summoning Pits and Phogoth...

Keep going, you are getting all the right points.

broony

Cross posting from the raid thread:

Anyone want to do hard mode raid tonight on PS4?

Need to be 29 or above, have some upgraded weapons and have raid experience. I have run normal all the way through a few times but this is my first hard attempt.

Want to start from the beginning.

Start at 8:30 uk time / 4:30 eastern US.

I have a 29 warlock.

PSN Megabroon

EL CUCO

So since 3 straight Raids have netted me nothing but ass mats, I basically have no reason to play the daily story mission/public event.

The game has dwindled down to Raid and Nightfall. I guess weekly or PvP, if I'm bored but I don't really need any more coins, and I NEVER get a drop in Crucible.

I'd like to go after the flawless Raider but I feel like I need to be 30 to have any advantage possible...which leads me back to Raids and the demoralizing RNG.

I'm a broken man, GAF. Lol

Tovarisc

Who thought that "Get 10 Fusion Rifle sprees in Crucible" was good bounty idea? Even with Mythoclast getting that spree is dicey as shit so I don't want even imagine what it's with normal FR.

Assuming player isn't some corner camping cunt...

That said I think it should be 5 sprees and less XP when turning it in. Now it's pretty much why to bother? Getting it will take long ass time.

GlamFM

Banned
Beating the Raid on Saturday with a bunch of gaffers was one of my greatest gaming moments in recent memory.

Destiny will be hard if not impossible to beat when it comes to my personal GOTY this year.

Got the Vision of Confluence. What a gun.

We were so close but this buggy ass game stopped us, will get it tonight 100%

I can't believe we threw away that run on Atheon. It was completely in the bag and then... blargh. And then the lag hit us with a vengeance. On that last run the enemies were just appearing and disappearing all over the place which wasn't even as buggy as the previous run when the Templar went insane and we couldn't cleanse anyone or even throw grenades anymore.

Seriously, I can't believe we didn't finish that shit hours ago. Only bright side is that it will be that much more satisfying once it's done.

Bizazedo

Now that I've gotten to level 30 I can't go to the tower without getting bombarded with random invites haha. It's pretty annoying.
I'm glad my PvP loadout is level 29, don't have to deal with that normally. Made the mistake once and got flooded.

Edit: Devil's Lair is boring as hell when I over level it by 22 levels, because bosses are such bullet sponges against even 300 dmg weapons, and it was suicide inducing with right level character. Don't get me started on Summoning Pits and Phogoth...

No, no, that's a "bug".

Yeah, I did Summoning Pits yesterday to knock out Moon Shards and do a Strike without dying at the same time, I couldn't believe how long it took to kill Phogoth even that many levels higher.

Be careful because their shield bash hurts like hell

and may send you flying
Death due to the Architects is usually what I see if I get blind sided by a shield.

We were so close but this buggy ass game stopped us, will get it tonight 100%

We were doing this for shits and giggles and got a Death from the Architects. I witnessed the guy who died, it was crazy. Literally nothing hit him, he jumped and just died.

Horrible.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Well fucking done guys, I really enjoyed that. At least got the clan trophy :p

Next time you attempt the flawless raider thingy pls invite me as well.

Zakalwe

Banned
So damn close to a flawless run... Got right to Atheon, was going perfectly.

One of our team stayed too far back for second teleport and it didn't talk me through, disorientated for a moment I turned around right into a supplicant.

Game over. :(

Legit fuck up, we started again.

Next run a fanatic suddenly appeared behind me on the right side when it wasn't there a moment before. Boom.

Next run jump puzzle got us.

Then the server started being consistently horrible. Templar phase one of our team was perma marked, couldn't t remove it. Then it happened to another. Then the Templar wouldn't react. After about 5 minutes the two marked players finally died.

Last run we had a fanatic just appear behind us on the right side again. One of our team was downed.

The experience was definitely helpful. Next time (servers willing), it'll be a lot easier.

GG everyone.

Bizazedo

Found it, mine is 145.02. Not sure if that's good or bad!

It's decent to good. Leaning towards good. I dunno, I tanked mine due to sucking in the beginning of the game. Now, I do well, but a lot of deaths to work against :).

Speaking of, what are people's Crucible Medal Scores? I'm at 231k ish.

Seep

Cross posting from the raid thread:

Anyone want to do hard mode raid tonight on PS4?

Need to be 29 or above, have some upgraded weapons and have raid experience. I have run normal all the way through a few times but this is my first hard attempt.

Want to start from the beginning.

Start at 8:30 uk time / 4:30 eastern US.

I have a 29 warlock.

PSN Megabroon

I've been wanting to try hard mode so i'll have a go at that. Lvl 29 Sunsinger now with better weapons.

Anyone up for raiding at reset time tomorrow morning (5am EST for me)???

Level 30 Titan
Dozens of hard and normal raid clears
Fully maxed raid weapons for vex

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Add me and let's start forming up in the morning.

Tovarisc

No, no, that's a "bug".

Yeah, I did Summoning Pits yesterday to knock out Moon Shards and do a Strike without dying at the same time, I couldn't believe how long it took to kill Phogoth even that many levels higher.

Next time just farm Helium and pick up some easy-to-do kill missions from beacons while farming Helium. You get A LOT more out of it even if getting 200 shards takes little bit longer.

patchday

So since 3 straight Raids have netted me nothing but ass mats, I basically have no reason to play the daily story mission/public event.

The game has dwindled down to Raid and Nightfall. I guess weekly or PvP, if I'm bored but I don't really need any more coins, and I NEVER get a drop in Crucible.

I'd like to go after the flawless Raider but I feel like I need to be 30 to have any advantage possible...which leads me back to Raids and the demoralizing RNG.

I'm a broken man, GAF. Lol

Yeah RNG can be rough. All my hunter needs is the gauntlets to hit 30 but it didnt drop in hard mode last night. Hoping Iron banner comes back soon. I should be able to get the gaunlets there. But it would have been coo if the raid dropped me that item

Btw I got an Ice Breaker from Crucible just the other day. Got a Suros regime from Iron banner :) Never paid for either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom