• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Anyone up for raiding at reset time tomorrow morning (5am EST for me)???

Level 30 Titan
Dozens of hard and normal raid clears
Fully maxed raid weapons for vex

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Add me and let's start forming up in the morning.

We've got an open slot on our hard raid squad if you wanna join us dude. We do it on Wednesday nights though.

Milennia

Level 30 Titan

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Sure I will, assuming we are finished with flawless that is, if not that takes priority for me

PSN cyborg1

broony

I've been wanting to try hard mode so i'll have a go at that. Lvl 29 Sunsinger now with better weapons.

Nice one.

Hard Mode Rain tonight 8:30 UK / 4:30 Eastern US
1. Megabroon (29 Warlock)
2. Seep_UK (29 Warlock)
3. ZonySUX

Level 30 Titan

PS4
Cosmos_Man

Last week me and another Gaffer, YvenUp, busted out 3 raids (1 hard, 2 normal), 3 nightfalls, and 3 weekly heroics on Tuesday starting right at the reset. I believe we will be planning to do the same this week, although I'd be up for 3 hard raids this week. PSN is DrDrizzay101 (30 Titan, 29 War + Hunter).

Sure I will, assuming we are finished with flawless that is, if not that takes priority for me

PSN cyborg1

We will be done with it. So help me God, we will be done with it.

TTG

Maxing out the stability on the Suros has been awesome! I know it's easy to control without stability because of the slow rate of fire, but that extra chunk allows for this:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=951181114910877&l=6326404773713328408

2 min video but skip to 1 min for a sweet triple kill using only one clip.

This is something I'm looking forward to finding out. With the send it buff(when the Suros is eventually patched this will almost certainly be what goes) the user has a choice between virtually a scout rifle's range or maxed stability. I don't find it lacking for either and, as I've commented previously, the extended range is largely superfluous in pvp due to map design. It almost makes you want to throw your hands in the air and take heavy ammo rounds instead, but that only tacks on 2 points of damage per shot(on the crits anyway).

Two days ago: Bought a rare sparrow and Xur upgrade. (Xurrow.)
Yesterday: Got Timebreaker from VoG.

:(

175 marks + 23 coins wasted.

From what I can tell (haven't tried it yet) the Timebreaker DOES have a handbrake. So it seems better than Xurrows in every way.

Vereataes

Neo Member
Cross posting from the raid thread:

Anyone want to do hard mode raid tonight on PS4?

Need to be 29 or above, have some upgraded weapons and have raid experience. I have run normal all the way through a few times but this is my first hard attempt.

Want to start from the beginning.

Start at 8:30 uk time / 4:30 eastern US.

I have a 29 warlock.

PSN Megabroon

Have a 29 Hunter and haven't done Hard before (besides after a normal raid where one dude asked if we could cheese it and we did)

Have Normal down pretty well. Fully upgraded a few weapons including a VoC.

Based in the UK and should be available tonight. PSN: Arassuil

Ikkarus

It's decent to good. Leaning towards good. I dunno, I tanked mine due to sucking in the beginning of the game. Now, I do well, but a lot of deaths to work against :).

Speaking of, what are people's Crucible Medal Scores? I'm at 231k ish.

Well since getting a Suros my K/D ratio has begun to creep up, currently it's at 1.79.

Steroyd

I can't believe it was lag that fucked us on the flawless run in the end, so disappointing. I thought only the Atheon section was where we needed to be wary of bugs, but the Templar part to!?

spyder_ur

What's the best Heavy Weapon (preferably Rocket Launcher) available to buy with Crucible/Vanguard marks? I'm leaning towards the Unfriendly Giant as I've seen that mentioned a bit here - one plus to that is that I can spend my Vanguard Marks, rather than crucible, once I get a few more tomorrow. Heavy Weapon is the only slot I have still filled by a rare.

Be careful because their shield bash hurts like hell

and may send you flying

Yeah I've been knocked to the other side of the map at times.

: lol I'm sorry Ruthless and Redman. I was busy eating. :3

Heh, I thought you were playing on the vita. It makes you look like you're standing still most of the time due to the lag.

Gotta go run some bounties on my alt now.

Level 30 Titan

PS4
Cosmos_Man

I'm in for hard raid.
Ps4 - Ruthlesbarbarian

Milennia

Last week me and another Gaffer, YvenUp, busted out 3 raids (1 hard, 2 normal), 3 nightfalls, and 3 weekly heroics on Tuesday starting right at the reset. I believe we will be planning to do the same this week, although I'd be up for 3 hard raids this week. PSN is DrDrizzay101 (30 Titan, 29 War + Hunter).

We will be done with it. So help me God, we will be done with it.

If we are we I'll iust tag along with you for the hard clear if it's cool lol I think some of the others in the group wanted to do the same

ocean

Banned
Busy day tomorrow. I think Bungie should spread out the fun to keep people interested all week long. Have the Nightfall, Weekly and Raid reset on different days and people have a reason to come back throughout the week instead of binge playing like crack whores every Tuesday like I've been doing.

PS4 Hard Raid starting at 5am Est tomorrow:

1.) DrDrizzay101 (Boguester)
2.) Cosmos_Man
3.) Cyborg1
4.) Ruthlesbarbarian
5.) YvenUp
6.) ?

Looks like we have one spot still open.

If we are we I'll iust tag along with you for the hard clear if it's cool lol I think some of the others in the group wanted to do the same

Haha yeah that's cool. Gatekeepers is the only part that is actually challenging, unless the hotfix shows up before the reset.

I can't believe it was lag that fucked us on the flawless run in the end, so disappointing. I thought only the Atheon section was where we needed to be wary of bugs, but the Templar part to!?

I knew the raid was glitchy before, but this flawless raider trophy has just skyrocketed my frustration factor with it. The vindication once it's finally done will be joyous.

Deku Tree

Went into the Phogoth, the Untamed fight at a level 24 tiger strike with my level 23 Titan Defender. Was placed with a level 22 and a 24. It was taking forever to kill Phogoth... then the level 24 left and no one else got put into the fight... then it was still taking forever to kill him... then I walked into the back room and loaded the old environment... then came back into the phogoth room and he had full health 100% after he had been down to a sliver a minute ago... then I quit with a blue engram that turned into a helmet that got my titan to level 24. What is up with his health bar???

EL CUCO

Yeah RNG can be rough. All my hunter needs is the gauntlets to hit 30 but it didnt drop in hard mode last night. Hoping Iron banner comes back soon. I should be able to get the gaunlets there. But it would have been coo if the raid dropped me that item

Btw I got an Ice Breaker from Crucible just the other day. Got a Suros regime from Iron banner :) Never paid for either

Yeah the changes to IB is inspiring but with my luck, they wont have boots. I had to buy both of those weapons :(

This is something I'm looking forward to finding out. With the send it buff(when the Suros is eventually patched this will almost certainly be what goes) the user has a choice between virtually a scout rifle's range or maxed stability. I don't find it lacking for either and, as I've commented previously, the extended range is largely superfluous in pvp due to map design. It almost makes you want to throw your hands in the air and take heavy ammo rounds instead, but that only tacks on 2 points of damage per shot(on the crits anyway).

Yeah, this is with Smart Drift Control which maxes the stability and to make up for the loss of Range, I still use Hammer Forged. That video was my first game trying it and I could instantly tell the difference.

hydruxo

Went into the Phogoth, the Untamed fight at a level 24 tiger strike with my level 23 Titan Defender. Was placed with a level 22 and a 24. It was taking forever to kill Phogoth... then the level 24 left and no one else got put into the fight... then it was still taking forever to kill him... then I walked into the back room and loaded the old environment... then came back into the phogoth room and he had full health 100% after he had been down to a sliver a minute ago... then I quit with a blue engram that turned into a helmet that got my titan to level 24. What is up with his health bar???

If you go too far back it'll reset the room, Phogoth's health included.

Yaari

Busy day tomorrow. I think Bungie should spread out the fun to keep people interested all week long. Have the Nightfall, Weekly and Raid reset on different days and people have a reason to come back throughout the week instead of binge playing like crack whores every Tuesday like I've been doing.

Nah, they just have to remove some ridiculous caps. I should be able to gain marks as long as I want to. Their mistake is putting a limit on the little content they have.

Managing when you do Nightfall, Weekly and Raids is on you, should not need different reset days for that.

Sucks. That's what I did.

When I did that on Nightfall, I was kicked out, that was even worse.

ocean

Banned

You went too far back. It sucks, sorry man. That guy is a ridiculous bullet sponge. A good thing is that Sniper shots to the belly stagger him and make him a sitting duck. Plus, it does really good damage to him.

Have someone cover you from ads while you snipe that belly and another guy hammers him with grenades/heavies, his health drops fast. Or you can Ice Breaker the asshole from the door where nothing can really get you except for some Wizards who despawn quickly enough.

That goddamn lag at the Templar.

ggs to everyone in the party before I sleep.

GG to you as well. The lag was a monster. We got as close as humanly possible/allowed by Bungie shittiness... without actually getting it. Soon Flawless Raider, you will be ours. Oh yes, you will be ours.

It is still broken?

Last night majority of my groups Flawless attempts were soiled by Templar that started to lag and bug out like no tomorrow.

It was okay for most attempts, but right at the end the lag started going off the charts. We couldn't cleanse anyone, our characters wouldn't actually throw grenades (just go through the motion), and the Templar wouldn't get pushed back. The relic holder would just appear and disappear instead of cleansing, we took down his shield and I got trapped inside an invisible detain shield that I couldn't break... and then we all got negated. GG Bungie.

Acorn

Did you guys fully upgrade corrective measures for the hard raids?

I've upgraded all raid weapons to the max but that because it seems like a waste of ass energy since it hits pretty hard anyway.

Nice one.

Hard Mode Rain tonight 8:30 UK / 4:30 Eastern US
2. Seep_UK (29 Warlock)
3. ZonySUX

MIGHT be home in time, but don't want to be "that guy" holding everyone up if traffic makes me late.

Put me on as an alternative.

TheCanisDirus (29 Warlock)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cabal Phalanx + Angry -modifier + Auto Aim of Destiny = Shitty enemy

You can't make them to flinch so you need kill them by shooting them to arm, but same time aggressive auto aim [sorry, "aim assist"] pulls your aim / bullets towards Phalanxes center mass causing most of shots to be "immune". So fucking annoying and makes them so boring / frustrating to go against.
with my bladedancer, this is Stealth -> Edge around their shield -> Fusion rifle blast to the back. Or during Arc Blade, the Razor's Edge projectile goes right under/through the shield. So goddamn fun.

Stupid useless bladedancers in PvE!

E92 M3

Did you guys fully upgrade corrective measures for the hard raids?

I've upgraded all raid weapons to the max but that because it seems like a waste of ass energy since it hits pretty hard anyway.

I didn't upgrade a lot of weapons that aren't used often. Very conservative with ass energy - especially since the expansion is coming and we'll need them. Once they enable us to get back more material from fully upgraded stuff I will be more liberal.

Acorn

I didn't upgrade a lot of weapons that aren't used often. Very conservative with ass energy - especially since the expansion is coming and we'll need them. Once they enable us to get back more material from fully upgraded stuff I will be more liberal.
Yeah that's my feeling too

blackflag

2.) Cosmos_Man
3.) Cyborg1
4.) Ruthlesbarbarian
5.) YvenUp
6.) ?

Looks like we have one spot still open.

Haha yeah that's cool. Gatekeepers is the only part that is actually challenging, unless the hotfix shows up before the reset.

I knew the raid was glitchy before, but this flawless raider trophy has just skyrocketed my frustration factor with it. The vindication once it's finally done will be joyous.

I'll go, I've done it several times

Casmith7509. 29 sunsinger

with my bladedancer, this is Stealth -> Edge around their shield -> Fusion rifle blast to the back. Or during Arc Blade, the Razor's Edge projectile goes right under/through the shield. So goddamn fun.

Stupid useless bladedancers in PvE!

Going invis to res me... :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OK, so we know that once we're at the same or above an enemy's level we don't do more damage with the same weapon.

But how does attack come into the equation? Does an enemy at level 28 take more damage from a weapon with attack at 300 than from one at 280 something?
Upgraded weapons definitely do more damage to everything in PvE (no effect in the regular crucible, will be an effect in the new Iron Banner).

Tovarisc

It was okay for most attempts, but right at the end the lag started going off the charts. We couldn't cleanse anyone, our characters wouldn't actually throw grenades (just go through the motion), and the Templar wouldn't get pushed back. The relic holder would just appear and disappear instead of cleansing, we took down his shield and I got trapped inside an invisible detain shield that I couldn't break... and then we all got negated. GG Bungie.

We had same issues pull after pull. It was around 8 PM CET on 26th.

Bizazedo

I seemed to get extra energy / telemetries from fully upgraded weapons, do we get possibly more than 2-3 shards from fully upgraded armors?

Upgraded weapons definitely do more damage to everything in PvE (no effect in the regular crucible, will be an effect in the new Iron Banner).

Did they confirm that for IB? Might have to get off my ass and finish upgrading Thunderlord.

Hydruxxo, PM inc.

Deku Tree

Nah, they just have to remove some ridiculous caps. I should be able to gain marks as long as I want to. Their mistake is putting a limit on the little content they have.

Managing when you do Nightfall, Weekly and Raids is on you, should not need different reset days for that.

When I did that on Nightfall, I was kicked out, that was even worse.

Wow. Sorry you got kicked out of your group for that... sounds like it was an honest mistake. I thought I read a strategy that said walking into the back room despawns the witches and other enemies... but the strat didn't also say that it resets the whole room...

You went too far back. It sucks, sorry man. That guy is a ridiculous bullet sponge. A good thing is that Sniper shots to the belly stagger him and make him a sitting duck. Plus, it does really good damage to him.

Have someone cover you from ads while you snipe that belly and another guy hammers him with grenades/heavies, his health drops fast. Or you can Ice Breaker the asshole from the door where nothing can really get you except for some Wizards who despawn quickly enough.

Yeah thanks! I did the nightfall on this fight this week. But it was a bit hard with only a level 22 and a level 23 (me) in the level 24 tiger strike. I didn't realize that I was resetting his health! That also made things difficult...

Tovarisc

I so hope that actually competent map designers have worked on DLC maps. These in Vanilla are just horrid messes of CQB spawnrape or long range spawnrape. Where is more open-ish medium sized maps with spawns that don't spawn you with enemy shotgun barrel in your mouth?

Edit: Also remove that spawn animation. So fun to see enemy when in 3rd person "cool" animation and can't do anything to save yourself from being spawnraped.

Deku Tree

Sorry if already posted, but just watched this interesting discussion video by Matt Lees (JamSponge on GAF):

Destiny In Detail - Why Are We Still Playing? (Part 1)

He does quite a good job of discussing why the game is so compulsive and slightly ruining our lives, despite having so many flaws! Thought people here might find it interesting.

So that guy is saying that Bungie packaged a collection of limited and repetitive content into a shooter with fantastic mechanics and they used the best psychological techniques available to hook us into an extremely mentally addicting reward system, and that is why we keep playing...

X-Frame

I seemed to get extra energy / telemetries from fully upgraded weapons, do we get possibly more than 2-3 shards from fully upgraded armors?

Did they confirm that for IB? Might have to get off my ass and finish upgrading Thunderlord.

How do you spec your Thunderbird? Do you use Field Scout or Perfect Balance?

Also, nope I dismantled a fully leveled up exotic chest piece and only got 2 shards back -- it doesn't work for armor, only weapons sadly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The way it seems to go is: fully UNLOCKED weapons (not necessarily upgraded) give more energies back when dismantled. Armor (either upgraded or unlocked) is all the same 2-3.
Did they confirm that for IB? Might have to get off my ass and finish upgrading Thunderlord
They actually used the "Attack" stat as an example in the first iron banner, for all the impact it had.

The goal for Level Advantages in PVP had been to create relatively small advantages that would suffice only to tilt the balance between players of equal skill towards the player of greater achievement, expressed in terms of his gear. But we now believe we have been too conservative, and that small tilts failed to meet anyone’s expectations.

In the next Iron Banner, we will debut a much more dramatic difference between players of wide variation in Level. We will detail the changes in an article of its own to come as soon as we settle on some of the numbers.

Because of this, the next Iron Banner will also require a Fireteam leader to be Level 20 to enter. While lower Level players may join in with their Level 20+ chaperone, they will find it very challenging.
this paragraph makes me feel like upgrading that thunderlord isn't a bad plan

Level 30 Titan

PS4
Cosmos_Man

I am down, lvl29 hunter with maxed VoC and nearly maxed ice breaker.

Bizazedo

How do you spec your Thunderbird? Do you use Field Scout or Perfect Balance?

Also, nope I dismantled a fully leveled up exotic chest piece and only got 2 shards back -- it doesn't work for armor, only weapons sadly.

Perfect Balance. I only use it in PvP and with the + heavy ammo raid armor and the quick reload after kills, I don't need Field Scout.

It kills so fast and feels so OP combined with + heavy ammo perks.

Finally got my Warlock up to 28 and I believe I am ready to try the Vault of Glass this week. Any other first timers want to give it a shot with me on PS4? I'm on MST and like to game starting around 6PM in my time zone.

Do we know when the next event is going live? i.e. Queen's Wrath, Iron Banner etc.

I just pinged 28 last night, after being stuck on 27 for pretty much 2 weeks solid. Finally feel like I can take part in the Vault of Glass now. Hurrah!

me too! just reached 28 finally, phew. dunno if i can handle the raid quite yet though.. especially if it takes several hours the first time.

Bizazedo

The way it seems to go is: fully UNLOCKED weapons (not necessarily upgraded) give more energies back when dismantled. Armor (either upgraded or unlocked) is all the same 2-3.

They actually used the "Attack" stat as an example in the first iron banner, for all the impact it had.

this paragraph makes me feel like upgrading that thunderlord isn't a bad plan

The only thing I worry about is they keep saying "level advantages", which doesn't implicitly mean that Attack will do anything.

I just don't trust them.

That and part of me is negative and thinks they'll roll out Iron Banner with raid armor equivalents right when the expansion comes out so the armor will again be one tier behind.

2.) Cosmos_Man
3.) Cyborg1
4.) Ruthlesbarbarian
5.) YvenUp
6.) Casmith7509

Please respond if you are not able to go or need to drop out. Hopefully we can bust it out right quick though.

2.) Cosmos_Man
3.) Cyborg1
4.) Ruthlesbarbarian
5.) YvenUp
6.) Casmith7509

Please respond if you are not able to go or need to drop out. Hopefully we can bust it out right quick though.
Welp if someone does drop out, I will be able to do it :p

broony

Have a 29 Hunter and haven't done Hard before (besides after a normal raid where one dude asked if we could cheese it and we did)

Have Normal down pretty well. Fully upgraded a few weapons including a VoC.

Based in the UK and should be available tonight. PSN: Arassuil

MIGHT be home in time, but don't want to be "that guy" holding everyone up if traffic makes me late.

Put me on as an alternative.

TheCanisDirus (29 Warlock)

Thank you

Hard Raid

Start at 8:30 uk time / 4:30 eastern US.

I have a 29 warlock.

PSN Megabroon

2. Seep_UK (29 Warlock)
3. ZonySUX
4. Arassuil (29 Hunter)

Reserve: TheCanisDirus (29 Warlock)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom