• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Now that I've gotten to level 30 I can't go to the tower without getting bombarded with random invites haha. It's pretty annoying.

Shito

Hmmm Cabal majors. Not a bounty I see often.

Now where are these bastards?
Go forth / a bit left when starting on Mars, to the next zone.
Then enter building #5, you should find 1~3 random majors, and a guaranted ultra. Just keep looping it and voilà!
Also the best place I've found to do the 200 thingies on Mars. :)

Keep the faith, in the bungie update they said when the next round of Iron Banner hits you can buy raid equivalent armour.

I much prefer PvE to PvP, but I'll have to give it a shot to see if I can get it. Still, from the weekly update it seems that we cannot get a full set from IB, only 2 pieces. We will still need 2 raid armor pieces or 1 raid and 1 exotic to get to 30.

And they don't explain how we'll be able to get those armor pieces. They say rewards and don't specify if they can be bought or if it will be RNG. The ideal would be both.

As an aside, I'm also starting to really dislike Deej's writting. Overly elaborated diatribes that start grating instead of just going straight to the point. I listened to the Guardian Radio podcast where he was a guest and the way he speaks and keeps repeating the same things yet takes forever saying them was getting on my nerves.

I completely understand the need to be careful with what you say or that there are things we cannot talk about in a position like that. I have the same responsabilities in my current job. But the way he does it comes of as condescending and patronizing, which can really aggravate the intended audience.

Posted in the previous thread but here's a strategy for the hard gatekeeper fight:

IMO the best strategy since the extra person outside helps relieve pressure when the conflux need defending especially the central one.

Hmm im not sure about this strategy. It works fine on normal but isn't so good on hard. It's mainly a problem that comes with defending the second sync plate. And even as a 30 I can't defend the central conflux by myself for a decent amount of time because of the snipers that come up from behind. This strategy is possible if you have lots of level 30s and everyone is very experienced. I prefer the one where you don't kill the gatekeeper when you first go in but come back to him.

AngerdX

Got the Atheon hard cp on my alt hunter, need someone to throw his ass of the cliff, 4 shards short of 29 so i could do it legit, no one wants a 28 in there. :/

The daily heroic is The Buried City so you can just do that and find 10 cabal majors.

Hmm im not sure about this strategy. It works fine on normal but isn't so good on hard. It's mainly a problem that comes with defending the second sync plate. And even as a 30 I can't defend the central conflux by myself for a decent amount of time because of the snipers that come up from behind. This strategy is possible if you have lots of level 30s and everyone is very experienced. I prefer the one where you don't kill the gatekeeper when you first go in but come back to him.

yeah it works best if you have high level players but two 30s who go in and the rest 29 is fine as well. I used to dread the Gatekeepers and would spend a long time stuck on them, but when we started doing it this way they went down on like our second or third try all three times I've tired it so far.

What's your time zone? How long are you on for today?

I have the entire morning and afternoon (gmt) Would definitely go if we could get a group.

On that note:

I'd like to try a flawless raider run. Please be level 29-30 with maxed gear, confidence, and a great track record with the jumping puzzle and gorgons.

I'm gmt, currently 9am here. I have until around 3pm.

If you're up for giving it a shot then add me, and quote this post and add your name.

(Probably won't find the people at this time but it's worth a shot!).

Psn: astropoff

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Lvl 30 Defender

If there is still room, or someone is dropping out, I would like to join. 29 hunter, very experienced with raid. Haven't missed the jumping puzzle in my last dozen runs btw :p

It's probably Rank 3 requirement. Rank 2 was for class items.

tGJuy38.gif

If people are serious about the flawless raider and clan raid trophies now, feel free to join my clan here and I will accept you into it. Then just set it as your active PS4 clan:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/447480

I'm up for the flawless, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Joining. Sent request. The GAF Raiders clan was set up for this very purpose but sadly I don't see many clan members coming together for a raid. We did the strike one though.

PS4: ruthlesbarbarian

Tovarisc

Now that I've gotten to level 30 I can't go to the tower without getting bombarded with random invites haha. It's pretty annoying.

If you have Mythoclast equip it. It seems to have lessened invite spam for me :D

If people are serious about the flawless raider and clan raid trophies now, feel free to join my clan here and I will accept you into it. Then just set it as your active PS4 clan:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/447480

I'm up for the flawless, PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Request sent, same ID as here.

Always interested in Flawless and Clan trophies.

Posted in the previous thread but here's a strategy for the hard gatekeeper fight:.

There's actually a way to solo the entire middle area/conflux + minotaurs. I've done it even on my Lv29 alts (on hard mode).

As soon as they are coming out with the first relic, run up to the top and run behind where the minotaurs spawn. They will aggro on you instead of going down the stairs to sacrifice. You can even do this without having to kill any of them if you are really slick, haha. You can get a big congo line of 5 minotaurs following you around the top area. Just hide behind the pillars, kinda like cheesing Atheon. A maxed Gjall. will take them down even at Lv29. It's a huge luxury to have 3 people be able to focus only on the right portal.

There's actually a way to solo the entire middle area/conflux + minotaurs. I've done it even on my Lv29 alts (on hard mode).

As soon as they are coming out with the first relic, run up to the top and run behind where the minotaurs spawn. They will aggro on you instead of going down the stairs to sacrifice. You can even do this without having to kill any of them if you are really slick, haha. You can get a big congo line of 5 minotaurs following you around the top area. Just hide behind the pillars, kinda like cheesing Atheon. A maxed Gjall. will take them down even at Lv29. It's a huge luxury to have 3 people be able to focus only on the right portal.

You just need to be careful with the snipers and other dudes spawning at the left portal while you're dealing with minotaurs. I've gotten sniped more than once as the relic holder because nobody from portal team was paying any attention to those guys.

BTW, got Hard Light from a legendary engram this weekend. It'a a fun weapon to use on low level PvE content. It seems to stun the crap out of any enemy it hits with its hail of bullets. But while it still stuns them on higher levels, it takes a bit to kill them and misses a few shots since it shakes so much all over the place.

I've already fully upgraded my Mythoclast, my Suros and my VoC, plus a few other primaries and secondaries.

Should I keep upgrading the Hard Light? I've already upgraded it with Agressive Ballistics which has shortened the range but increased impact and stability. I'm also going to at least level it up to the last upgrade without ass energies and get the Perfect Stability perk. Anyone have fully upgraded Hard Light experiences to share?

Joining. Sent request. The GAF Raiders clan was set up for this very purpose but sadly I don't see many clan members coming together for a raid. We did the strike one though.

PS4: ruthlesbarbarian

Yep :( Its hard getting people together to do the clan trophy. I think only 4 or 5 people mention it but it never got past that point.

I'm ambivalent to RNG/Jesus.

On one hand, I've done the raid 3 times (twice on normal, once on hard) with the same character and received the helmet, arms, chest, and boots for the correct character class, none for the other two classes.

I've also received the Aetheon's Epilogue, Vex Mythoclast, the legendary scooter and the legendary ship.

So, I haven't exactly been scorned....

...but the game refuses to give me the guns I actually WANT, lol.

For those who have received the Vision of Confluence, the Multitool and the Last Word, did they drop on Normal or Hard for you? And at what point? Chest? Templar? Gatekeeper? Aetheon?

Thanks

I got VoC from the templar normal, atheon hard and normal. I got the Last Word from chest in the Gorgon maze on normal.

BTW, got Hard Light from a legendary engram this weekend. It'a a fun weapon to use on low level PvE content. It seems to stun the crap out of any enemy it hits with its hail of bullets. But while it still stuns them on higher levels, it takes a bit to kill them and misses a few shots since it shakes so much all over the place.

I've already fully upgraded my Mythoclast, my Suros and my VoC, plus a few other primaries and secondaries.

Should I keep upgrading the Hard Light? I've already upgraded it with Agressive Ballistics which has shortened the range but increased impact and stability. I'm also going to at least level it up to the last upgrade without ass energies and get the Perfect Stability perk. Anyone have fully upgraded Hard Light experiences to share?

It's a pretty awesome gun, but it's not a heavy hitter like the Suros or Shadow Price. Mine's at 300 damage and I enjoy using it.

halbprinz

Neo Member
how hard is playing the raid with 28?
i dont want to go to 29 with my gear (even it is possible) just for wasting shards.
exotic helmet fully upgraded. 30lvl chest piece, boots and arms legendary from the vendor....

what do you recommend me GAF? going 29 and trying the hard raid or just wait for every tuesday until i get arm and boots for lvl 30 to go lvl 30?

i only care about getting lvl 30 :D

i dont want to go to 29 with my gear (even it is possible) just for wasting shards.
exotic helmet fully upgraded. 30lvl chest piece, boots and arms legendary from the vendor....

what do you recommend me GAF? going 29 and trying the hard raid or just wait for every tuesday until i get arm and boots for lvl 30 to go lvl 30?

death wish at lvl28. I would recommend going lvl29, it's still hard at that lvl. If you get the arms and boots, haha RNG will never give you it, but I would recommend wasting the ass shards since you will get a lot from the raid.

Acorn

It's lacklustre. I stopped at the ass energy part. I hope they tone down the recoil.

hydruxo

Do you mean hard raid at 28? Don't bother doing hard raid at 28, you don't do enough damage to be effective. Go ahead and use your shards to get to 29 so you can do hard so you can get double loot. That's what I did and it only took me 5 raids to get enough raid gear to hit 30, but of course RNG may not be as kind to you. Still better off getting to 29 rather than waiting for ages to get enough raid gear from normal to hit 30.

halbprinz

Neo Member
thanks GAF <3

EDIT: what about beeing lucky looking for hard mode raid checkpoint bringing atheon down for loot?! as far as i know i ll only get loot from atheon in hard mode IF i already played normal mode .. means no loot from chests ?! is this right?

thanks GAF <3

EDIT: what about beeing lucky looking for hard mode raid checkpoint bringing atheon down for loot?! as far as i know i ll only get loot from atheon in hard mode IF i already played normal mode .. means no loot from chests ?! is this right?
You will get Atheon drop. No loot from chest I believe. If you want an Atheon hard checkpoint I can give it to you later on today.

Tovarisc

I hope they don't nerf suros on pve.

Suros will get nerfed for PvE when they rebalance it for PvP, where it's way over performing when compared to any other AR or weapon in general. It's just nature of the beast when developers get lazy and wrap PvE & PvP balance stats into single set of numbers.

Doing separate balancing for PvE and PvP would mean better balance and bigger "fun" factor for both activities, but also would require more work and effort. Who can bother with that, right?

You just need to be careful with the snipers and other dudes spawning at the left portal while you're dealing with minotaurs. I've gotten sniped more than once as the relic holder because nobody from portal team was paying any attention to those guys.

That's the point of running behind the minotaur spawn. Hobgoblins can't snipe you, none of the adds can touch you. You just have to focus only on the minotaurs.

I liked hard light, the last stability unlock really helps it and at close range it chews through enemies in pve, but once I got Atheons epilogue it was made redundant.

Acorn

Suros will get nerfed for PvE when they rebalance it for PvP, where it's way over performing when compared to any other AR or weapon in general. It's just nature of the beast when developers get lazy and wrap PvE & PvP balance stats into single set of numbers.

Doing separate balancing for PvE and PvP would mean better balance and bigger "fun" factor for both activities, but also would require more work and effort. Who can bother with that, right?
I know i just hope they've learned their lesson since vex. Doubt it though :(

hydruxo

agreed

hey thanks for the heads up Colonel!

Got my new emblem
Lp9iPga.jpg

I love that emblem but I was so disappointed when I bought it and the banner to the right of it is like half yellow. You basically can't see your level when you have it on. There's alot of emblems that do that shit too.

I went from "I HAVE TOO MANY ASCENDANT SHARDS" earlier this week to "FUCK I NEED MORE". Leveling up that Armementarium and Raid Gauntlets really took a bite out of the budget. :lol

I hope my level 30 Warlock has a Shard-filled Raid come reset. My Titan wants the booties.

Nope, only the minotaurs sacrifice. It's the perfect plan! haha

I have no idea how I didn't know this. :lol Amazing.

pringles

Pretty sure it's a design decision (a good one) rather than laziness. Guns behave the same way in PvE and PvP, damage is normalized. Makes it all feel cohesive. They can still tweak different aspects of certain guns to improve/reduce their effectiveness in only one mode, like what they're planning with the Mythoclast. Not sure what else you want other than a PvP mode that has no connection to your PvE character, which frankly wouldn't interest me at all in Destiny.

Yaari

Yep :( Its hard getting people together to do the clan trophy. I think only 4 or 5 people mention it but it never got past that point.

I got VoC from the templar normal, atheon hard and normal. I got the Last Word from chest in the Gorgon maze on normal.

Whoa, I thought VoC was Atheon only. Guess I have to get templar runs in then..

Deku Tree

I love that emblem but I was so disappointed when I bought it and the banner to the right of it is like half yellow. You basically can't see your level when you have it on. There's alot of emblems that do that shit too.

It's basically all the yellow ones that do it.

Rtas

I'm serious this is what my life has become

(I know its not the best 9gag edit but screw it I'm late for work)

OTssLFw.jpg

Tovarisc

Cabal Phalanx + Angry -modifier + Auto Aim of Destiny = Shitty enemy

You can't make them to flinch so you need kill them by shooting them to arm, but same time aggressive auto aim [sorry, "aim assist"] pulls your aim / bullets towards Phalanxes center mass causing most of shots to be "immune". So fucking annoying and makes them so boring / frustrating to go against.

Pretty sure it's a design decision (a good one) rather than laziness. Guns behave the same way in PvE and PvP, damage is normalized. Makes it all feel cohesive. They can still tweak different aspects of certain guns to improve/reduce their effectiveness in only one mode, like what they're planning with the Mythoclast. Not sure what else you want other than a PvP mode that has no connection to your PvE character, which frankly wouldn't interest me at all in Destiny.

Weapon like Vex Mythoclast is supposed to be crown jewel of this raid tier when it comes to PvE weaponry, but instead of that we get some fake diamond just so "we can have numbers that are ok for both, PvE and PvP". That is some parity bullshit that makes PvE bland just so PvP can be "balanced"*.

For e.g. even after nerf patch AR's are still extremely dominant and super easy to use in PvP, especially Suros Regime, Shingen-C etc., but same time their effectiveness in PvE dramatically dropped because increased bullet spread coupled with lower critical damage.

Also my level 30 warlock hitting Sepsik Prime [discoball at Devil's Lair] for 700 dmg / shot, when doing lvl 8 version of strike, where my right level hunter was hitting it for maybe 100 dmg / bullet, if even that, disagrees with your "PvP and PvE are normalised" argument.

* It will never be in Destiny. Map design with supers and weapons makes it impossible to balance. Too much weapons that dominate short range while maps are all about short range, excluding Bastion and First Light that are snipe fest.

Edit: Devil's Lair is boring as hell when I over level it by 22 levels, because bosses are such bullet sponges against even 300 dmg weapons, and it was suicide inducing with right level character. Don't get me started on Summoning Pits and Phogoth...

Tekku

Is there any kind of statistics on how many times you've repeated the missions, strikes and the raid in the game?

I don't know if I really want to know because the truth might actually scare me.

LiK

Is there any kind of statistics on how many times you've repeated the missions, strikes and the raid in the game?

I don't know if I really want to know because the truth might actually scare me.

I think the Statistics section tells you that in website/app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom