• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Are there any normal raid groups forming this morning? I'd like to get it done on my Warlock, Level 28.

Shoot me an invite whenever.

So since 3 straight Raids have netted me nothing but ass mats, I basically have no reason to play the daily story mission/public event.

The game has dwindled down to Raid and Nightfall. I guess weekly or PvP, if I'm bored but I don't really need any more coins, and I NEVER get a drop in Crucible.

I'd like to go after the flawless Raider but I feel like I need to be 30 to have any advantage possible...which leads me back to Raids and the demoralizing RNG.

I'm a broken man, GAF. Lol

Same here. Level 29 for 3 weeks, 4 complete normal raids, 2 Gatekeeper and Atheon sections on hard thanks to invites, and not a single piece of raid gear. I'm almost broken...

ocean

Banned
I'm loving Suros Regime. What a powerhouse. What perks did you guys select for yours? The stability seems excessive but it feel so cool. Are you guys using the staggering bullets or going for range?

Midas

How's the raid rocket launcher? Is it worth the energy to fully update it? Or is it better to wait for a Gjallarhorn drop?

RedFury

Went into the Phogoth, the Untamed fight at a level 24 tiger strike with my level 23 Titan Defender. Was placed with a level 22 and a 24. It was taking forever to kill Phogoth... then the level 24 left and no one else got put into the fight... then it was still taking forever to kill him... then I walked into the back room and loaded the old environment... then came back into the phogoth room and he had full health 100% after he had been down to a sliver a minute ago... then I quit with a blue engram that turned into a helmet that got my titan to level 24. What is up with his health bar???
Ha this happend to me last night on nightfall. I soloed it, had phogoth at low health. Tell my nephew to join so I can switch to an alt. I tell him don't move from this room. He stays in said room but proceeds to jump in the green area where he found this "secret" space...booted back to orbit. Ugh, called it a night after that. Can't even be mad because he stayed in the dam room.

XblogPSN

Neo Member
little question : When i buy a engram from Xur with motes of light, it's necessarily an object for my class ? or it's random (titan, hunter or warlock) ? Thanks guys.

phen0m24

Hey so as a 1x Raid noob, I read these "Hey we're running a hard raid" or "Flawless Attempt Tonight"
(can anyone say "Depends?")
posts pop up and would love to spectate on those. Sure as heck beats glimmer/spinmetal/spirit bloom farming again...

So, do any of you (frequently) stream your exploits on PS4? GAF streamers represent!

CREMSteve

GAF, I just want to beat the Raid on Hard one time. Just once. Will anyone help me today? I have an Atheon checkpoint.

I'm a lvl 30 Titan.

So many people have told me how easy it is to beat this guy, but I've yet to see it.

Anyone a pro at this fight and want to give me a hand? I'm away the rest of the week, so this is my only shot.

Spiders

How's the raid rocket launcher? Is it worth the energy to fully update it? Or is it better to wait for a Gjallarhorn drop?

It's pretty good. Having 3 rockets in the magazine is nice. The cluster bombs don't seem to do much damage though.

Got a "Last Word" from a Gorgon Chest yesterday.

The sound alone from that weapon is so freaking pleasing. Great contrast to the little thwip noise from my SUROS I've gotten used to.

Upgraded weapons definitely do more damage to everything in PvE (no effect in the regular crucible, will be an effect in the new Iron Banner).

Even if it's just the last couple of upgrades? I sometimes feel that there's no difference between a weapon at 280 something and the same weapon at 300 for an add at level 24.

Sorry to repeat a question but I didn't see any answers:

What legendary (and not from the raid) heavy weapons are worth getting? It's the last slot filled with anything blue on my Warlock.

I haven't been looking at heavy weapons much so I don't know what's good.

Tovarisc

I live in fear of the day Thunderlord shows up on Xur.

Why? Everything else worthwhile already has been there, just have him sell Mytho and Thunder and we are set for DLC.

Also do people actively reload cancel in PvP? For me it has become automatic habit each time I reload weapons.

phen0m24

I'm loving Suros Regime. What a powerhouse. What perks did you guys select for yours? The stability seems excessive but it feel so cool. Are you guys using the staggering bullets or going for range?

=Agreed. That 100 headshot bounty was a breeze with it. Still need to level it but want to put hammer forged on and try it with either Linear Compensator or Smart Drift.

ERMint13

GAF, I just want to beat the Raid on Hard one time. Just once. Will anyone help me today? I have an Atheon checkpoint.

I'm a lvl 30 Titan.

So many people have told me how easy it is to beat this guy, but I've yet to see it.

Anyone a pro at this fight and want to give me a hand? I'm away the rest of the week, so this is my only shot.

I have done it twice now this week. I actually did it twice in a row last night helping others. Since you are a titan I can show you what to do.

I have some others that can help but it won't be until about 10pm eastern.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I finally have characters of all 3 classes at level 28 and it's astonishing how much better Warlock is than everyone else, especially for end-game content. Hunter easily has the worst Supers of any class, no question, it's not even close. And the throwing knife is the worst ability in the game by a long shot. Think there needs to be some tweaking done there, hopefully it's not at the expense of the Warlock but rather buffs to the other classes.

I should stress that this is a perspective of someone who plays PvE almost exclusively, I know the complexion of class balance changes in PvP.

SharkJAW

I was surprised bungie had a perk that improved stability at the cost of range, while also having a perk that basically nullified any loss, making the Suros a stability powerhouse with higher damage headshots. It dominates PvP for a reason.

Personally, I prefer the Vex, even if just for the cool factor, but I wish it didn't seem like Suros users were always at an advantage. I'm pretty sure Bungie said they'd be looking into the Suros, though. I think only top-tier hand cannons can hang with the Suros at the moment.

Deku Tree

Trying to do tiger strikes for vanguard marks... Wiped once at boss... Both other players quit... Is there any way to get more players in via match-making?

SharkJAW

Trying to do tiger strikes for vanguard marks... Wiped once at boss... Both other players quit... Is there any way to get more players in via match-making?
Yeah, sometimes I get replacements, sometimes I don't. Take solace in the fact that enemies have lower health when you run solo. I can't recall if they do less damage or not.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got a "Last Word" from a Gorgon Chest yesterday.

The sound alone from that weapon is so freaking pleasing. Great contrast to the little thwip noise from my SUROS I've gotten used to.

This is how I feel when I use The Last Word. EVERY TIME.

esdS1lA.gif

realcZk

The game *should* try to automatically send new players into your game if you are short one/two. I've seen it happen to me several times before, but sometimes it never gets around to doing so.

BraXzy

Haha what? I just picked up my crucible package and got a single Ascendant Energy, nothing else. I wouldn't mind if it was like 3 energy but just one? Nothing else?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I finally have characters of all 3 classes at level 28 and it's astonishing how much better Warlock is than everyone else, especially for end-game content. Hunter easily has the worst Supers of any class, no question, it's not even close. And the throwing knife is the worst ability in the game by a long shot. Think there needs to be some tweaking done there, hopefully it's not at the expense of the Warlock but rather buffs to the other classes.

I should stress that this is a perspective of someone who plays PvE almost exclusively, I know the complexion of class balance changes in PvP.

I would say Titans are most useful for end game content. Warlocks are great because they can self revive, but in theory, they shouldn't be dying.

It's awesome. Can't wait till its buffed, then you'll be able to drop quite a few enemies before reloading (which is good, because it's always out of ammo to reload with).

When is this buff happening? I love the sound of the Mythoclast when it fires. I'd love to roll with that as my primary.

Also, I believe you and I are the only people in our group that have it. Is that right?

If so, I almost feel bad. First I snag the Hawkmoon, then the Mythoclast, and yesterday TLW.

Yaari

No answer thus far so I'll ask again, my Hunter is saved inside VoG at templar. I want to get back to the entrance to grab the first chest. How do I do this?

I honestly don't know how I would go about resetting a save point I have in there, is there any way at all?

hydruxo

I'm biased but Hunters' supers are not the worst. Golden gun one shots oracles, and takes quite a bit of of health off of Atheon and Gatekeepers. Bladedancer invisibility is great in Gorgon maze but arc blade against mobs in high level content is a death wish. But both supers are great in PvP. 2 or 3 kills everytime if they are used right.

Trakan

I didn't upgrade a lot of weapons that aren't used often. Very conservative with ass energy - especially since the expansion is coming and we'll need them. Once they enable us to get back more material from fully upgraded stuff I will be more liberal.

I've upgraded every weapon I have and I still have like 90 energies. With 6 weeks until the expansion, you should have plenty of energies by then. Why not do the most damage possible?

realcZk

When is this buff happening? I love the sound of the Mythoclast when it fires. I'd love to roll with that as my primary.

Also, I believe you and I are the only people in our group that have it. Is that right?

If so, I almost feel bad. First I snag the Hawkmoon, then the Mythoclast, and yesterday TLW.

No idea. Two weeks ago Bungie said there would be a hotfix for the Atheon encounter the following week and it's now a week late. I figured they'd comment about it in the most recent weekly update but that was about the Iron Banner alpha test. They did make it sound like the Mythoclast buff would be after the hotfix, as they have a "substantive" patch in certification right now. I wouldn't doubt if it takes a month or more to see the buff at this point.

Yeah I think we are the only ones that have it atm

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I would say Titans are most useful for end game content. Warlocks are great because they can self revive, but in theory, they shouldn't be dying.
The death timers In VoG and the ability to save a party from Orbit in Nightfall say otherwise ;)

Titan bubbles are helpful, no question, but self-Rez beats it out for overall survivablility.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh snap, now that my Warlock is 28, I can do the Raid for him too! I think I'll be down for it later this afternoon if anyone wants. I'll be home around 4:30PM EST.

What's better for the raid? Voidwalker or Sunsinger? (though my Sunsinger isn't maxed yet...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom