• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up for it

Haha cyborg, I have to show you guys the video of the glitch that killed me right at the end there, it's pretty hilarious. Hopefully we can do it now but I'll still help the group tonight regardless. I seriously want to finish up this damn platinum.

Ok, quick question:

Yeah, as mentioned above this wouldn't work. You can't have anyone leave the fire team, even by disconnection, or else it counts as a death. You have to either finish the raid or switch to another character who has the checkpoint back at the beginning. It's pretty annoying.

Milennia

Haha cyborg, I have to show you guys the video of the glitch that killed me right at the end there, it's pretty hilarious. Hopefully we can do it now but I'll still help the group tonight regardless. I seriously want to finish up this damn platinum.

Lol I saw him go flying actually

I mean... Templar can be cheesed even easier than Atheon. I don't have the hard checkpoint since I finished it on all three characters this week but let me know if you want to join in for some flawless raider attempts here (also can do clan raid/strike trophies easily). If you get the checkpoint I can help cheese though.

I´ll have that in mind, thanks!

I don´t really like to ask for the goddamn save tho, and i feel bad about it, but i feel much worse when the RNG gives me my 7th chatterwhite, ass shards, and the same zealot chest piece over and over...fuck that noise.

I'm ambivalent to RNG/Jesus.

On one hand, I've done the raid 3 times (twice on normal, once on hard) with the same character and received the helmet, arms, chest, and boots for the correct character class, none for the other two classes.

I've also received the Aetheon's Epilogue, Vex Mythoclast, the legendary scooter and the legendary ship.

So, I haven't exactly been scorned....

...but the game refuses to give me the guns I actually WANT, lol.

For those who have received the Vision of Confluence, the Multitool and the Last Word, did they drop on Normal or Hard for you? And at what point? Chest? Templar? Gatekeeper? Aetheon?

Thanks

panda-zebra

Pikes will also show up randomly on Earth, in the Forgotten Shores. I think they might also spawn in the Steppes and Mothyards. I chased them down once just to see what people thought about seeing a pike on Earth. PEACE.

These occurrences are not actually random, they will take the place of a public event. Same goes for the escalating war where ever stronger enemies spawn in. For example, on Earth, if you're at Forgotten Shore and pikes appear or at Skywatch when everything kicks off and you're waiting for the arrival of a warsat or boss or extraction crews or whatever it's time to hop on the sparrow to the next spot 'cause it won't be showing.

Steroyd

What's your time zone? How long are you on for today?

I have the entire morning and afternoon (gmt) Would definitely go if we could get a group.

On that note:

I'd like to try a flawless raider run. Please be level 29-30 with maxed gear, confidence, and a great track record with the jumping puzzle and gorgons.

I'm gmt, currently 9am here. I have until around 3pm.

If you're up for giving it a shot then add me, and quote this post and add your name.

(Probably won't find the people at this time but it's worth a shot!).

Psn: astropoff

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Lvl 30 Defender
3.Steroyd - lvl 30 Defender

Yeah, as mentioned above this wouldn't work. You can't have anyone leave the fire team, even by disconnection, or else it counts as a death. You have to either finish the raid or switch to another character who has the checkpoint back at the beginning. It's pretty annoying.

Yes, because using the checkpoint itself counts as a death. Tried it with cheesing normal Atheon on the first try.

Ah cool. Damn, Bungie really didn't want this achievement to be too common, did they, lol.

I'll probably get it eventually. I haven't run the Raid nearly enough times to try yet, but I'm sure I'll be able to do it on normal eventually with some of the people I've played with, who are just insanely efficient.

I mean... Templar can be cheesed even easier than Atheon. I don't have the hard checkpoint since I finished it on all three characters this week but let me know if you want to join in for some flawless raider attempts here (also can do clan raid/strike trophies easily). If you get the checkpoint I can help cheese though.
Yo I have the Atheon checkpoint if you guys need it.

I will say, I refuse to even entertain the bullshit Clan-related achievements/trophies.

You want me to join a clan? How about including the function in your game along with any kind of feature suite to accompany it, instead of pushing me to your website to fill out a form and what, chat on forums? Come on Bungie, you're better than that.

I've approved everyone who sent a clan request so far. It may take a couple minutes but just make sure to set the clan as your active PS4 clan. We can double check before starting the raid that everyone in the fire team is in the same clan.

The clan trophy will be a joke to get, flawless is the only challenge. I'm sure there will be people after the raid who want to run a strike real quick for that trophy also.

Btw, gorgons was never an issue. We know how to run through it easily.

Zakalwe

Banned
Can you guys please send me friend reqs if you're not on my list. Just grabbing a coffee before we begin.

Will add stragglers when I'm back.

GlamFM

Banned

On one hand, I've done the raid 3 times (twice on normal, once on hard) with the same character and received the helmet, arms, chest, and boots for the correct character class, none for the other two classes.

I've also received the Aetheon's Epilogue, Vex Mythoclast, the legendary scooter and the legendary ship.

For those who have received the Vision of Confluence, the Multitool and the Last Word, did they drop on Normal or Hard for you? And at what point? Chest? Templar? Gatekeeper? Aetheon?

Thanks

Got the vision of confluence on normal. Great gun.

Edit: Aetheon

What's your time zone? How long are you on for today?

I have the entire morning and afternoon (gmt) Would definitely go if we could get a group.

On that note:

I'd like to try a flawless raider run. Please be level 29-30 with maxed gear, confidence, and a great track record with the jumping puzzle and gorgons.

I'm gmt, currently 9am here. I have until around 3pm.

If you're up for giving it a shot then add me, and quote this post and add your name.

(Probably won't find the people at this time but it's worth a shot!).

Psn: astropoff

1. Zakalwe (astropoff) - Lvl 30 Defender

would have loved to join mate, but unfortunately I cant this time.

MrMuscle

I have that bounty, twice, and i´m stuck in the void damage stage, i guess that i could try it someday, but all that "get 5 points per kill, lose 2 per death" sounds like a pain in the ass, and i don´t really like the pvp so much to be playing the amount of time that it will require.

Is Thorn really worth it? looks cool and that, but i don´t know if i have the patience to endure all those Suros and shotguns shooting me in the face.

Some people seem to love the gun. I still havent gotten a exotic hand cannon so it will be my first. Ill use it untill i hopefully get the Hawkmoon.

But yeah, the Void part is terrible. Im never gonna do it again.

You should be praising RNGsus daily with those drops, haha. I've gotten 3 VoCs, I think they were all from Atheon normal. It can definitely drop on normal raid.

I will say, I refuse to even entertain the bullshit Clan-related achievements/trophies..

Embrace your inner trophy-hunter... you know you want to... But seriously, they are really stupid.

Can you guys please send me friend reqs if you're not on my list. Just grabbing a coffee before we begin..

FR sent. Edit: I'm running the daily now if anyone wants to join on DrDrizzay101.

squidyj

It's a random thing that happens sometimes in the Ember Caves, just a couple of Dregs on pikes. Like the Hive and Fallen going to war on Earth at the Skywatch.

I remember in beta, or at least alpha they would go HAM in the rocketyards every once in a while.... I miss that.

up until lvl.29, then it's RNG required :D

Truth. Once you get to that lvl 29 plateau, there's not a whole lot you can do other than wait for another Tuesday to roll around.

Thanks

This is the thing that I really hate about this game. I've done the complete normal raid 4 times and was invited to help do the Gatekeeper and Atheon sections on hard 2 times. For all this the grand total amount of raid armor pieces I got was an astounding 0.

After 3 weeks at level 29 with my only character, having fully upgraded 4 exotic and 3 legendary armor pieces, and having another exotic and 2 legendary armor pieces almost fully upgraded as well, I've almost resigned myself to the fact that I'll never get to level 30.

darkwing

I have that bounty, twice, and i´m stuck in the void damage stage, i guess that i could try it someday, but all that "get 5 points per kill, lose 2 per death" sounds like a pain in the ass, and i don´t really like the pvp so much to be playing the amount of time that it will require.

Is Thorn really worth it? looks cool and that, but i don´t know if i have the patience to endure all those Suros and shotguns shooting me in the face.

It took me like 20+ crucible matches with a void fusion rifle and rocket launcher, it removes shields relatively quickly from enemies, but it's low mag count is really bad

This is the thing that I really hate about this game. I've done the complete normal raid 4 times and was invited to help do the Gatekeeper and Atheon sections on hard 2 times. For all this the grand total amount of raid armor pieces I got was an astounding 0.

After 3 weeks at level 29 with my only character, having fully upgraded 4 exotic and 3 legendary armor pieces, and having another exotic and 2 legendary armor pieces almost fully upgraded as well, I've almost resigned myself to the fact that I'll never get to level 30.
Keep the faith, in the bungie update they said when the next round of Iron Banner hits you can buy raid equivalent armour.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Thanks

Got VoC twice now. Both from Atheon. Once on normal and once on hard.

Pikes will also show up randomly on Earth, in the Forgotten Shores. I think they might also spawn in the Steppes and Mothyards. I chased them down once just to see what people thought about seeing a pike on Earth. PEACE.

LOL, that was you the other day?! What's your PSN?

squidyj

still havent pulled off a kill on hard-mode gatekeepers ;_;

didn't help that last time I was in there we had a primadonna who just up and left.

I have a clan everybody could join in order to get those trophies. I made the clan just to get those trophies before but it wouldn't be an issue for everyone to join it if we actually got a group for flawless. We had 2-3 raid finishes already just from running it, a normal raid run takes like 45 minutes with a good group. Of course a strike would take 10 minutes afterwards, so no worries there. Flawless is all I have left for the platinum...

can you link the clan?

LiK

Ok, been checking some vids and I think I can do the platforming section with my Titan without falling. Hopefully I can join a Normal Raid tomm to see if I can execute it first time.

haven't seen a single armor part in my raids :(

Last Word dropped from the chest in the cave when dropping down from Templar. Vision of Confluence probably Atheon if my memory serves me correct.

Thanks for that iRAWRasaurus!, my connection was kinda laggy and i wasn´t hearing anything lol, but mission completed anyway, the vita really does come in handy sometimes.

To answer the above question: I got the Last Word drop during my first raid on Normal, after beating Atheon.

Keep the faith, in the bungie update they said when the next round of Iron Banner hits you can buy raid equivalent armour.

Only two pieces, though. I still need boots, so if they had those this time I'd definitely be interested. But if they lock them behind an Iron Banner - Level 2 requirement (which they will), then I'm just gonna cry.

still havent pulled off a kill on hard-mode gatekeepers ;_;

didn't help that last time I was in there we had a primadonna who just up and left.

Posted in the previous thread but here's a strategy for the hard gatekeeper fight:

2 people go in the left portal, they will be the ones who have experience with the relic and can deal a lot of damage with a weapon like fully leveled Icebreaker or a rocket launcher. Other 4 will defend. The 2 quickly take out the gatekeeper, then one person leaves to provide support to the outside team (staying close to the portal) while the other grabs the relic comes out and cleanses both himself and the other person who went in.

Then everyone goes to the right portal while two people go to the central conflux to defend it. The relic holder and the other person go in again inside. The relic holder uses their super on the gatekeeper to knock off about half off the bosses health while the other guy finishes him off, grabs the relic and they both get out and defend the central conflux until the encounter ends.

IMO the best strategy since the extra person outside helps relieve pressure when the conflux need defending especially the central one.

Kydd BlaZe

That actually takes the place of the Public Event that sometimes spawns there. "A roving band of pikes is headed this way." There is also a section on Venus that does the same thing. Instead of the public event spawning in the area, that happens.

Jinjo

Best place to find Cabal majors/ultras?

From patrol spawn go to the far left, through the tunnels. You're at the area where you spawn in for Psion Flayers strike. Go to your right, do a run through the building, there's always an Ultra in the room at the top but often majors will spawn on the way there too. Kill him, jump down and then walk back up again. Got it done within 5 minutes.

LiK

To answer the above question: I got the Last Word drop during my first raid on Normal, after beating Atheon.

Only two pieces, though. I still need boots, so if they had those this time I'd definitely be interested. But if they lock them behind an Iron Banner - Level 2 requirement (which they will), then I'm just gonna cry.

It's probably Rank 3 requirement. Rank 2 was for class items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom