• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the exotic bounties for Bad juju, super good advice, or pocket infinity worth it? That's the choice I have right now, and none of them are thrilling me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are the exotic bounties for Bad juju, super good advice, or pocket infinity worth it? That's the choice I have right now, and none of them are thrilling me.
After they nerfed the PI, I'm not sure if it's worth it any more. It's also the hardest one to get out of the three because you need 10 Fusion Rifles.

Steroyd

Pocket Infinity is the only one worth considering, you could get Bad Juju on the promise of a buff that will never come, and Super Good Advice is pure dogshit.

Deku Tree

After they nerfed the PI, I'm not sure if it's worth it any more. It's also the hardest one to get out of the three because you need 10 Fusion Rifles.

Nah you just have to wait three days or less until the gunsmith sells them. People usually announce it all over too.

WarWolf

Is there really any point to Atheon being able to walk around anyway? Might as well just keep him stationary and unable to cheese off the platform.

I've split up the 3 man raid run into 3 parts and here's the final encounter with atheon.

You'll be able to see
  • Our warlock jumping off in the beginning to open the portal later
  • Really bad grenade throws by me
  • Some damn fine relic work :-D

alright, what the fuck. I have THREE exotic weapon bounties active.

Thorn - need to beat summoning pits

Bad Juju - was waiting for xur....now I have to get the 1000 pts in crucible.

And I turn in two quests today......Booom, now I have Pocket Infinity.

I'm not complaining, but jesus, it would have been nice to get one of them a week ago.

psn cjarrett3

On that note....anyone want to help me beat the 27 summoning pits? It's so fucking hard to do solo.

alright, what the fuck. I have THREE exotic weapon bounties active.

Thorn - need to beat summoning pits

Bad Juju - was waiting for xur....now I have to get the 1000 pts in crucible.

And I turn in two quests today......Booom, now I have Pocket Infinity.

I'm not complaining, but jesus, it would have been nice to get one of them a week ago.

psn cjarrett3

On that note....anyone want to help me beat the 27 summoning pits? It's so fucking hard to do solo.

I did that bounty for my second Thorn solo, just cheesed the door as per normal summonsing pits cheese. All the adds eventually come to you there including Xyor

Pocket Infinity is the only one worth considering, you could get Bad Juju on the promise of a buff that will never come, and Super Good Advice is pure dogshit.

Don't say the buff isn't coming, because I'm counting on the promised one for my Thorn :p.. though its manageable in pvp as is I guess... I'll pick up the bounty for PI for the moment and think about it a bit, I'm not big on fusion rifles but I hate to pass down exotics. Thanks for super good advice.

Steroyd

What is it that makes SGA so bad? I've never heard anyone be specific about the reasons.

You can't aim for shit even if the enemy is 1 meter in front you, now I'm not expecting no recoil, but it's absurd and the dps isn't worth it even when you unlock the super good advice perk which returns 4 of every 5 missed shots.

Aiming for the feet gives you a better chance of getting headshots.

LiK

You can't aim for shit even if the enemy is 1 meter in front you, now I'm not expecting no recoil, but it's absurd and the dps isn't worth it even when you unlock the super good advice perk which returns 4 of every 5 missed shots.

Aiming for the feet gives you a better chance of getting headshots.

they should rename the gun Super Bad Opinions

Nicko

So I had some thoughts about how Bungie can clean up the weekend playlists and get some more interest and diversity into the other factions of the Tower. Let me know what you guys would think about stuff like this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2kx1d3/lets_talk_about_multiplayer_modes_ideas_for/

Great stuff. So many way's for Bungie to change things up and bring some diversity to events.

I really hope they have more stuff before the expansion planned..

GhaleonEB

I thought all the strikes had matchmaking? Do you mean a story mission? In any case you can click on the difficulty level box at the bottom of the screen after you select the mission then it should bring up a difficulty selection screen and you click on the difficulty level you want. Heroic difficulties are in yellow.

No, I meant a strike, from the map. I know the strikes had matchmaking, but I had a bounty to complete one in particular and didn't want to try my luck at landing it. So I picked it from the map, but it's a "Normal" difficulty (level 14) with no way to make it harder. Seems there's no way to do so outside of matchmaking, like you can with story missions. Which is kinda dumb. :\

It's fun when Xûr sells same item week after week, isn't it?

I'm still salty about those sunbreakers being on menu for so long.

yeah. I guess the ironic thing is, it wouldn't matter which titan armor he offers, I have everything but the raid chest. I guess I was kind of hoping for something cooler than patience and time. Will probably buy one just for collections sake, but now it's come down to being more interested in the ammo packs and telemetry stuff.

Xur probably won't get interesting again for me until the expansion. Hope I can hold out till then. Just this week I lost the urge to do the daily stuff on both characters, and rather suddenly too. Just don't care as much anymore...before I did it diligently.

Deku Tree

No, I meant a strike, from the map. I know the strikes had matchmaking, but I had a bounty to complete one in particular and didn't want to try my luck at landing it. So I picked it from the map, but it's a "Normal" difficulty (level 14) with no way to make it harder. Seems there's no way to do so outside of matchmaking, like you can with story missions. Which is kinda dumb. :

I took a Venus nexus prime bounty today. Mine didn't say anything about a higher difficulty level. I have not seen a strike bounty that required increasing the difficulty level before so that you had to hope to RNG it on the strike playlist... And I've done many many bounties... Are you sure it requires a higher difficulty level? I know the story mission bounties require a heroic difficulty setting... But I haven't seen a strike bounty like that and I do the bounties every day. All the strike bounties that I have done can be done on the standard difficulty setting. I'm not sure if I am missing anything. Are you doing an exotic bounty?

If you just want to do the bounty and want to do the specific strike at a higher level at the same time then yeah you can't do that... and I agree it seems silly that they didn't include that (without RNG) when they let you increase the difficulty of all the story missions.

If it is the nexus strike though then this week you can probably just do the weekly at a higher level and get the bounty.

No, I meant a strike, from the map. I know the strikes had matchmaking, but I had a bounty to complete one in particular and didn't want to try my luck at landing it. So I picked it from the map, but it's a "Normal" difficulty (level 14) with no way to make it harder. Seems there's no way to do so outside of matchmaking, like you can with story missions. Which is kinda dumb. :

I thought if you click the level number it gave options for higher levels.

Deku Tree

I thought if you click the level number it gave options for higher levels.

I think it does that for the story missions but not for the strikes. Can only do the higher level strikes on the strike playlists but on the playlists you have no way to choose a specific strike its just all random RNG.

Deku Tree

I've done the RAID numerous times. Everyone says you should be 27+ and maybe that is true for people inexperienced in the RAID. But I RAIDED normal with my 26 Titan last night (with all my upgraded arsenal of weapons) and it still seemed easy. There were 28's and 29's dying a lot more than I did.

I've done the RAID numerous times. Everyone says you should be 27+ and maybe that is true for people inexperienced in the RAID. But I RAIDED normal with my 26 Titan last night (with all my upgraded arsenal of weapons) and it still seemed easy. There were 28's and 29's dying a lot more than I did.

Experience definitely counts!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Atheon should just float. dude can control time but he can't buy some damn jetpacks.

Well he would, Jetpacks are 29,999.99 Glimmer, Atheon also has a cap like Guardians, Vex want to rule but on a budget, so he falls short by 4999.99 Glimmer

Poor guy

Patience in Time or Exotic Chest Armor? Not sure which to go for. I'm lvl 28 and I only have one exotic anything so far (Pocket Infinity, which is ok, but I'm not a huge Fusion Rifle fan).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom