• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Patience in Time or Exotic Chest Armor? Not sure which to go for. I'm lvl 28 and I only have one exotic anything so far (Pocket Infinity, which is ok, but I'm not a huge Fusion Rifle fan).

I would go for the exotic chest armor... unless you really like sniper rifles. Once you get an Icebreaker your Patience in Time will get stuck in your vault IMO.

Karl2177

No, I meant a strike, from the map. I know the strikes had matchmaking, but I had a bounty to complete one in particular and didn't want to try my luck at landing it. So I picked it from the map, but it's a "Normal" difficulty (level 14) with no way to make it harder. Seems there's no way to do so outside of matchmaking, like you can with story missions. Which is kinda dumb. :
Can you post the name an description of the bounty. I think I know which one you're talking about, but I'm not 100%.

could anyone help me do the thorn 27 summoning pits? Stuck at the Runes Decoded third part. Damn near impossible to beat three hallowed wizards plus hallowed knights alone

could anyone help me do the thorn 27 summoning pits? Stuck at the Runes Decoded third part. Damn near impossible to beat three hallowed wizards plus hallowed knights alone

I'm at work but do you have Ice Breaker and or any other good Solar damage weapons? I solo'd it on 28 by luring them into the tunnel you enter the big room from and then I just run up the steps into that previous room and take cover, and snipe them into oblivion without taking much of any damage. Sometimes you'll only kill one before the others flee back into the big room but you can just repeat this process until you get them all.

thank you baby jesus.

I'm at work but do you have Ice Breaker and or any other good Solar damage weapons? I solo'd it on 28 by luring them into the tunnel you enter the big room from and then I just run up the steps into that previous room and take cover, and snipe them into oblivion without taking much of any damage. Sometimes you'll only kill one before the others flee back into the big room but you can just repeat this process until you get them all.

my problem is that there's a knight and acolyte that spawn from behind that took me out twice when I tried that strategy.

blazeuk

Raid RNG being as crap as usual this week, the only 2 things other than shards that I got was Chatterwhite for the 4th time and Corrective Measure for the 3rd time, still no sign of raid chest or gauntlets coming from the normal raid...still stuck at level 28.

thank you baby jesus.

my problem is that there's a knight and acolyte that spawn from behind that took me out twice when I tried that strategy.

If you stay at the bottom where the doorway to the big room is for the earlier waves, those guys will enter the big room from a different path and won't be sitting up there waiting for you. They only seem to stay in the room if you are up on the stairs a bit before the third wave.

It's funny to me that people hear PI is nerfed but don't bother looking into said nerf. If they did, they'd see it was extremely negligible unlike the Mythoclast nerf.

RNG is trying to get back in my blessing but NO. You gave me useless exotics in this last raid. Did normal raid and got Truth, Red Death, and Raid Sniper. I want Hawkmoon, and Raid Chest.

Anyone willing to help my lv27 sunlock w/ the Weekly Heroic? I know i'm late to the party on this week; I just don't want to cheese it solo. PSN: AbundantChoice (same as here). I'll be jumping on now (6:35EST)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's funny to me that people hear PI is nerfed but don't bother looking into said nerf. If they did, they'd see it was extremely negligible unlike the Mythoclast nerf.
it was a nerf to a perk that wasnt ideal anyway, which is to say it didn't affect how good it is at all. the mythoclast had its DAMAGE reduced. lol...

but by all means, don't pursue it. definitely not worth the 10 fusion rifles. it's just a super ineffective gun especially in the crucible

"Not to unsettle you, but I'm tracking the sword by the light of the guardians it has killed."

"Careful, its power is dark."

What does any of this mean ?!?

SharkJAW

Currently just dicking around at the beginning of the hard raid. Anyone want to jump in so we can run through this (need that fatebringer)? PS4: SharkJAW

colinp

Banned
it was a nerf to a perk that wasnt ideal anyway, which is to say it didn't affect how good it is at all. the mythoclast had its DAMAGE reduced. lol...

but by all means, don't pursue it. definitely not worth the 10 fusion rifles. it's just a super ineffective gun especially in the crucible

That's right, I never ever get repeatedly shut down by the PI in Control. Never ever. It's just too weak. ;)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So Bungie's Weekly update was to update us on the DLC which everyone knew about a few days ago and no mention of fixing or patching

Welp, looks like Bungie dun care for this VoG Raid, looks like the new Moon Hive Raid is the bees knees

SkylineRKR

Jokes aside, Pocket Infinity is worth it mang.

Its long charge isn't bad. You can cook that shit. 3 shots depletes ammo far less quick, and 3 shots is enough to kill about anything. Reload has been made faster so you can cook 3 shots again.

Its shit when you first get it, but I sank time into it and its getting better.

Mythoclast, now THATS nerfed. Like 24 per shot in crucible? It gets outgunned by Galahads and Shingens.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
An 8 ->> 3 round clip is negligible?
I guess the thing to do would be to just agree it sucks now and go about my day... but no

that wasn't the nerf, they didn't alter its clip size, they changed the extended magazine to a Speed Reload perk but after playing with it for 20 minutes I understood that, while hilarious, it wasn't that practical to use the extended mag. recoil on PI is crazy. the weapon becomes deadly with perfect balance. then hilariously enough its real weakness is your vulnerability while reloading, but you can't pick both perks. even without it it's amazing, but if you can build to improve that Reload speed it becomes pretty dominant. suros regime is little threat.

Deku Tree

Deej said:
Quests are a new storytelling mechanism that we're using in the Dark Below. They are multistage tasks that culminate in a reward, similar to the Exotic Bounties you may have experienced. Unlike Exotic Bounties, the Quests in the Dark Below can be completed by players who are solely focused on the cooperative story content of The Dark Below.

Yay! No PvP requirements to do the Dark Below quests...

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
Did the hard raid with a group of gaffers here and got my 2nd Mytho which I don't need (give me the helmet DAMMIT).

Wanna do it again with my 2nd character which is a hunter LVL 29 with fully upgraded weapons.

Anyone at the gatekeeper checkpoint add me. PSN: Jssom

X-Frame

Got the Mask of the Third Man from the Helmen Engram. Not bad! I didn't have this.

I also bought the Lucky Raspberry and Voidfang Vestments just because I want to collect them. There aren't many exotics I don't have.

Wilcian

Neo Member
My friend and I would like to join a Normal VoG raid group on the PS4. We have completed the raid a couple times before. PSN Tailsaga (29 Titan) , Dootzor (29 Warlock). Thank You.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We promised to make all of your Exotics worth the price of ownership, and you should expect to hear more about how they’ll continue to be prized possessions in the short term future. Stay tuned!
Exotics will never be made permanently obsolete in Destiny.

realcZk

Worst weekly update so far... full of old info about the DLC. Rofl
So far the weekly updates have been as good as the patches
Wtb the division.

ocean

Banned
Did the hard raid with a group of gaffers here and got my 2nd Mytho which I don't need (give me the helmet DAMMIT).

Wanna do it again with my 2nd character which is a hunter LVL 29 with fully upgraded weapons.

Anyone at the gatekeeper checkpoint add me. PSN: Jssom

I have Hard Gatekeeper checkpoint. I can start in about an hour if that's good for you. We do need others. I'd found some guys up for it but I'd mentioned an earlier start time, I'm running late :p

If anyone else wants Hard Gatekeeper starting in one hour, this is the current list:

1) a_javierp (me)
2) Mr,NiceGuy (PSN Jssom)
3) Kalmari (PSN EvilKalamari)
4)
5)
6)

Guys I'd contacted earlier, still up for it? I know I'm late so I'm not listing you but the spot is still yours if you want it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom