• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Alright GAF, I need another shot at getting gear. Hard Gatekeeper, looking for 3 more :) Starting whenever we get 6! So far we've got:

1) a_javierp (me)
2) Mr,NiceGuy (PSN Jssom)
3) Kalmari (PSN EvilKalamari)
4)
5)
6)

Send me friend requests at a_javierp if you're interested.

I can get in on that... Done it before... PS4 DekuBleep

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This week has been good so far. Ended up getting a second Plan C in a Tiger Strike Playlist drop, scrapped for materials, got the last two exotic bounties for Thorn and Bad Juju, maxed out my Last Word and working on the Mythoclast.

Then, this afternoon just picked up Fatebringer, ended up not passing Atheon on hard, gave in after about 25 minutes on that encounter.

RNGesus believe.
daamn. Plan C is good enough that I'd have kept the second on an alt. Jelly of the maxed Last Word and Fatebringer

predicting the thorn and bad juju buffs next week, dunno why.

Ganhyun

That weekly, completely ignoring the problems multiple people have brought up repeatedly, is weak as hell. Just another sign that the Bungie of old no longer exists. I dislike this new Bungie.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, when a Call of Duty story campaign has more story than a full Bungie game, you know something is wrong.

ocean

Banned
I can get in on that... Done it before... PS4 DekuBleep

Perfect! That's 4, we only need two more guys. Reminder on new page: Hard Gatekeepers, starting as soon as we're 6.

1) a_javierp (me)
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep)
5)
6)

Tovarisc

Best looking one is from the raid IMO. Can't remember the name at the moment.

This one?

Light_of_the_great_prism.jpg

I love how they refrained from mentioning the PS exclusive content.

Well no one obviously listened when they made the big announcement in early summer about how Destiny and the two upcoming DLC releases would contain Sony timed exclusive content, so no point in reiteration. People are obviously going to pitch a fit and spin it one way or another.

I'm more pissed that they didn't address any specific issues outside of the crash errors in any shape or form. "Hey, look at all these community pumpkin screen caps. Those of you who couldn't activate them can fuck off the Tower".

And of course market out their DLC while not addressing issues in what's in the game already and that their audience is more, or should be, concerned about.

Perfect! That's 4, we only need two more guys. Reminder on new page: Hard Gatekeepers, starting as soon as we're 6.

1) a_javierp (me)
5)
6)

You still looking? 29 Warlock, but limited hard mode experience. If you want me, I'm in.

PSN: Sleepy_Buddha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh I agree, I'm just perplexed at how it sounds like they "looking into this" just now. If you know how its going to work--and they should have thought about this months or years ago during development--just say it damn it. I'm sick of "stay tuned for news soon" updates.
You might be misreading slightly? I don't at all get the impression that they're just figuring out how they want to do this now; rather that they're putting together the post to explain it now. By all indications the items involved in upgrading Exotics already have database entries on Bungie's servers.

Fixed1979

1) a_javierp (me)
5)Fixed1979 (PSN Fixed)
6)

I'm still down.

Deku Tree

Yup I just tried to use the pumpkin head thing in the tower, and I've done the nightfall, and it has no effect on my look. No pumpkin head.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Do the Speaker Titan marks look good? Which are the best looking ones?

I bought the mark of corromont or whatever it's called he has for sale now. I think it looks awesome.

Kind of shitty but thanks MS for no screencap option yet...

edit: just got one off google image lol

Of the ones I've seen him selling, I like this one the best.

This one?

I used that for a little bit, but I think it looks like bubble wrap.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It should have been obvious really, each exotic is unique and cannot be replaced by any other. They will always be the top tier of gear.
This was my impression based on my analyses of the game systems so far; that comment I quoted was just official confirmation as far as I'm concerned. There was a chance they could have gone another way, because there is a segment of the population that DOES prefer raw vertical progression (throwing out your old gear for new challenges) and saw no value in the exotic/legendary equip dynamics

Well helped another group through hard mode raid.

I cleared hard mode raid 3 times now after the patch and got a strategy down for everything. It's nice that the random teleport thing actually made things kinda easier.

Jito

Banned
OT10 Stay tuned for next week folks!

Another shit weekly update that avoided talking about any issues with the game.

Spawnling

daamn. Plan C is good enough that I'd have kept the second on an alt. Jelly of the maxed Last Word and Fatebringer

predicting the thorn and bad juju buffs next week, dunno why.

Yeah since I already had one it makes more sense to discard it. I'm running 3 characters, so when I'm done playing I vault everything and just pull what I want on the next character when I hop on. Much easier than maxing more than one of the same exotic.

GhaleonEB

Not sure why they even bother putting out a weekly update tbh. This one was pathetically bad.

"When last we plucked a player from the tree of community to scrutinize the fruits of their legend...."

I just. Um. Yeah. I'm not even sure what to say about the writing here. I appreciate that it can be a grind to crank out long updates every Friday, but I wish a different approach was taken with the prose. This stuff is difficult to read.

I'm back to level 22, barely. The whole "just keep playing what you like to level up" kinda works at a very slow snail's pace.

Nice video. Did you do narration in Share Factory or on a computer? Sounded really good.

Guess I'll need to finally start giving hand cannons more love. Just been to lazy to upgrade them for the stability. That match was brutal, though lol.

On my computer, I just bought a Blue Snowball mic a few days ago. Thanks.

void666

Banned
I love the raid up until the point we face atheon. Then it becomes frustrating. Either someone make a mistake or the game glitches somehow.

Heel

Starting another fresh normal raid on PSN. Reply with your PSN ID and we'll start when we're full. Experienced raiders please! Thanks.

Mindlog

"She offers her own reputation stream, unique weapon and armor rewards, as well as other item rewards for Guardians who earn her favor."
Goody.

It's a good thing custom soundtracks on PS4 arrived when it did. Please let us turn off in game music.

LiK

LOL, got a second Skullfort from helm engram from Xur. Was hoping for a different class for a future alt. Sigh.

mstevens

Oh hey, I leveled vanguard again.. Let's see what I get!

Mote of light.

After my entire raid got all shards, I think I'm done for a bit. Gonna try out freedom wars.

Gaf, i need a helpful guardian to pull my level 26 hunter through weekly 28.. I need the coins to get the chest from xur.. Can anyone help out?

Silvertonguebr. I have fully upgraded void weapons that should help greatly.

hitme

Gaf, i need a helpful guardian to pull my level 26 hunter through weekly 28.. I need the coins to get the chest from xur.. Can anyone help out?

Silvertonguebr. I have fully upgraded void weapons that should help greatly.

If you get someone 28+ I'm in.

Need exactly 9 coins for P+T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom