• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
An hour late but still need people?

Haha man, the timing just didn't work out tonight. We just disbanded because we couldn't get enough people together for even one run.

Tomorrow night at 9pm PST/12am EST we've got 4 very experienced runners ready to go. If you can make it then we would only need one more. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I really think we only need one more run with a strong team to finish it.

Haha man, the timing just didn't work out tonight. We just disbanded because we couldn't get enough people together for even one run.

Tomorrow night at 9pm PST/12am EST we've got 4 very experienced runners ready to go. If you can make it then we would only need one more. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I really think we only need one more run with a strong team to finish it.

Yes sorry I couldn't stay longer. Weekends are off but that still doesn't excuse me from studying up. I should get relatively free from 15th.

Till then I can have one session when we usually play and another in 9 hours

Mattiator

Exactly and we only need two more people who
Know what's up and it will be done not a problem.

Two nightfalls down this week so far, scored a second void fusion rifle, as well as a 'the last word' exotic handcanon.

Not bad. Need to do it once more on my titan to get a hat trick.

Reule

Has anyone here been successful with the new cheese on Aetheon? We just tried and he kept teleporting even before Time's Vengeance was over. :(

I'd be fine with the fixes to the raid if all the other glitches weren't stacked against us. Getting really tired of being detained inside the portal or having only two people sent in.

DesertFox

Oh my god FUCK this thorn bounty for 500 void kills in crucible. This is fucking impossible with all the Suros, golden gun and bladedance bullshit.

Man, Xur really needs to sell the Horn again. :(

by the time he sells it again i bet they will have nerfed it.

fuck bungie. fuck xur

hep.gif

Anyone want to join a normal raid for easy loot? Just reply to me here; we'll get you an invite.

Come join 5 Maxis developers as we smash through Vault of Glass in about one hour start to finish (we're all well versed in the raid).

We need someone who is...
1) on PS4
2) has a mic
3) ideally 27+

Still have room? 29 hunter with mic

PSN - CanadaCool589

hitme

Anyone want to join a normal raid for easy loot? Just reply to me here; we'll get you an invite.

Come join 5 Maxis developers as we smash through Vault of Glass in about one hour start to finish (we're all well versed in the raid).

We need someone who is...
1) on PS4
2) has a mic
3) ideally 27+

Staying up all night eh?

Zakalwe

Banned
Flawless Raid
-

Starting 8pm gmt (12 hours time).

Experienced and confident players required. Jump puzzle geniuses only please.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm still fairly new to raiding but my roommate and I are up to the final boss then people had to bail. If anyone else needs to beat him on normal (PS4), let me know.

Yes sorry I couldn't stay longer. Weekends are off but that still doesn't excuse me from studying up. I should get relatively free from 15th.

Till then I can have one session when we usually play and another in 9 hours

No worries, I'm in grad school myself so I understand. Always good to have you on the team.

Flawless Raid.

I will probably be around then and can jump on, let me know if you could do it even an hour earlier. If not it's probably not a problem though. Still haven't gotten a run in since our last attempt, but I did do a little more glitch testing. I think we can make the glitches reasonably consistent and manageable.

Flawless Raid
-

Starting 8pm gmt (12 hours time).

Experienced and confident players required. Jump puzzle geniuses only please.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
I believe that's 2 pm EST so I should be available to do this with you.

I will most likely be on as well during that time.

Overall I know its possible, after running it a few times this week, the glitches are the main issue.

edit also in grad school, but destiny is making me slack off lol

K I like how I've wasted like an hour and a half just waiting for a single damn public event so I can possibly get a strange coin. Much fun. I see that destiny PE tracker website is garbage also. I've never played this long and not seen a single PE.

Edit: And literally right after hitting post I get one...

Oh my god FUCK this thorn bounty for 500 void kills in crucible. This is fucking impossible with all the Suros, golden gun and bladedance bullshit.

You can do one of two things:

1) Depending on the map, you can do well if you have a proper Void Shotgun, Fusion Rifle, or Sniper Rifle and just kind of go into bitch mode of skirting the edges and locking down objective points.

or

2) Play normally, though cautious enough to keep a positive k/d, until you secure heavy ammunition. If you have a rocket launcher or a beast mg like The Swarm or ZAWF47, you can easily make progress.

I didn't have much in Void Specials, so most of my progress came through using Heavy weapons. Did about +20/match for the most part, though a couple matches on some detestable maps either had smaller gains or had even at one point a 20-to-30 point loss.

Did it in about 4 days of a few hours each day of playing. So it's doable.

Edit: If curious, my load out was the Vex Mythoclast primary; Prudence II Sniper Rifle (Can get from one of the factions), a Void Dammerung F.R., or a Black Charisma Shotgun as my Special slot; and a Zombie Apocalypse WF47 machine gun as my heavy that often gave me a 5 kill streak minimum.

As long as you kill more with Voids than you die overall you should be fine. Just play cautious, use teammates as body shields, and secure those Heavy crates when they drop.

realcZk

I'm surprised I don't see more love for Red Death. Yeah it's a pulse rifle (eww) but it does solid damage and the heal is realllllly good. Really good. Three slots from maxing it out and I'll do some DPS comparisons. Pretty impressed with what I see so far.

I'm surprised I don't see more love for Red Death. Yeah it's a pulse rifle but it does solid damage and the heal is realllllly good. Really good. Three slots from maxing it out and I'll do some DPS comparisons. Pretty impressed with what I see so far.

That'd be pretty cool actually. Interested in how it stands up

so close to 30 i can taste it. just need to lvl my helmet 3 more times. probably about 19 shards needed now in total.

i can't wait to do the raid next week.

This game can get pretty intense at times.

Last night Hard Raid, defend all three confluxes phase. I'm defending the right conflux, almost by myself, then SharkJAW appears to save me from certain death from a Minotaur. Guardian is down. Guardian is down. Guardian is down.

I was only listening to SharkJAW on the voice chat (sony plz fix voip) so I ask "are we wiping?" "no I guess people just died". Ok we keep defending.

Soon after, Guardian is down. My savior SharkJAW died honourably by the swarm of goblins ans hobgoblins. Then I see "Templar summons its legions".

Ok we're saved, there's me and another guy, cool.

I'm halfway to the Spirit Bloom cave. Guardian is down. LAST GUARDIAN STANDING.

Shit shit shit shit. I just see shots everywhere, had to jump like crazy to avoid all the green goo on the ground, harpies and fanatics all over me. Got to the outside of the SB cave. Shield down. Pop a bubble there (YES THANK YOU FOR THIS SKILL), get a Blast Shield award. Miss the first jump, land back inside the bubble. At this point I'm getting all kinds of feels thinking how I am going to botch this and lose the checkpoint for everyone. Jump again, no time to wait for the shield to recharge.

Safely land at SB Cave. My hands are shaking. Dance.

That was too close.

Straid

I've played very very little pvp and i was thinking to start (two months of only pve are enough lol), how are the scout rifles for pvp? I also have the bounty for Bad Juju, is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom