• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkJAW

This game can get pretty intense at times.

Last night Hard Raid, defend all three confluxes phase. I'm defending the right conflux, almost by myself, then SharkJAW appears to save me from certain death from a Minotaur. Guardian is down. Guardian is down. Guardian is down.

I was only listening to SharkJAW on the voice chat (sony plz fix voip) so I ask "are we wiping?" "no I guess people just died". Ok we keep defending.

Soon after, Guardian is down. My savior SharkJAW died honourably by the swarm of goblins ans hobgoblins. Then I see "Templar summons its legions".

Ok we're saved, there's me and another guy, cool.

I'm halfway to the Spirit Bloom cave. Guardian is down. LAST GUARDIAN STANDING.

Shit shit shit shit. I just see shots everywhere, had to jump like crazy to avoid all the green goo on the ground, harpies and fanatics all over me. Got to the outside of the SB cave. Shield down. Pop a bubble there (YES THANK YOU FOR THIS SKILL), get a Blast Shield award. Miss the first jump, land back inside the bubble. At this point I'm getting all kinds of feels thinking how I am going to botch this and lose the checkpoint for everyone. Jump again, no time to wait for the shield to recharge.

Safely land at SB Cave. My hands are shaking. Dance.

That was too close.
Sooooo intense. Glad I got through as much as I did with you guys. It was fun!

DjRalford

I've played very very little pvp and i was thinking to start (two months of only pve are enough lol), how are the scout rifles for pvp? I also have the bounty for Bad Juju, is it worth it?

Scout rifles are fine as long as you can maintain distance, although even then people can short scope snipe you.

DjRalford

It would appear destiny wants me to roll a warlock alt, in the past week I have got.

exotic warlock helm (light beyond nemesis)
exotic warlock chest (voidfang)
legendary warlock helm
Legendary warlock gauntlets

Just need some legendary boots now.

blackflag

It would appear destiny wants me to roll a warlock alt, in the past week I have got.

exotic warlock helm (light beyond nemesis)
exotic warlock chest (voidfang)
legendary warlock helm
Legendary warlock gauntlets

Just need some legendary boots now.

If you roll one you'll never get the boots.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just got the Universal Remote from a tiger strike, my first exotic drop ever. This thing is a shotgun in the primary slot, hmm. Any good?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

74495-bill-murray-smile-frown-gif-WJz1.gif

breakfuss

Random, but just started leveling my final alt. Not sure if anyone is in a similar position and wants to knock out some of these fabulous story missions together.

So yesterday I finally tried Atheon Hard mode from the beginning and our fireteam succeeded. No Cheese!

Such a fun adventure, sure it was glitchy as fuck as always but still so much fun.

Got the Fatebringer and shards, super happy!

Cant wait to do it again.

Mik2121

Finished the daily on level 28 with two friends and we got absolutely nothing. What the hell, man... not cool. Is it because today is the final mission and you don't get anything in-game as well besides the rifle?

Edit: Wait, is it because the daily changed right while we were playing? I have heard of other people having the same happen to them... man, this is such bullshit. Destiny, fix this shit and the Xur items.

Rubenov

Finished the daily on level 28 with two friends and we got absolutely nothing besides the ascendant shards. What the hell, man... not cool. Is it because today is the final mission and you don't get anything in-game as well besides the rifle?

You rarely get anything more than shards on the daily at 28

Zakalwe

Banned
I just got the Universal Remote from a tiger strike, my first exotic drop ever. This thing is a shotgun in the primary slot, hmm. Any good?

Pvp yes if you like shotguns. Wicked range on aim when you unlock the signature upgrade. Dual shotguns, shotgun/FR, shotgun/sniper can be very fun.

Pve there are generally more effective options.

So someone mentioned the nightfall counting for 3 strikes for the bounty. If someone wants to drop in to get some sweet loot while I solo it just add YzeNup on ps4. You've only got like 10 minutes though. Also I'm mute currently so don't expect any engaging conversation :( sorry.
Edit: Full.

Unlucky camster, hope you'll enjoy the universal remote breakfuss /D

Finished the daily on level 28 with two friends and we got absolutely nothing. What the hell, man... not cool. Is it because today is the final mission and you don't get anything in-game as well besides the rifle?

Edit: Wait, is it because the daily changed right while we were playing? I have heard of other people having the same happen to them... man, this is such bullshit. Destiny, fix this shit and the Xur items.

Yep you will have to log out and back in once 5 am EST hits.

phen0m24

So after two nights of intense raiding and some grinding yesterday, last night I let my son play for a while.

I watched him get his first legendary pve drop. He yelled "Yes! Hallelujah!" To a purple special and got 2 energies. Lol RNG showing him who's boss.

But the night was redeemed when he got legendary boots on his own. Now he's almost to 27, having done a great deal of grinding by himself. He's now trying to keep both my Epilogue and Patience & Time. Nice try kiddo.

Next stop? Raid Jr.

This message brought to you by: Nerds bringing up nerds

Ambitious

Is this loot list correct and complete?:

First Chest(Spire formed):
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss battle: Templar:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only)
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Second Chest(Secret Room):
Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Third Chest (Before Gorgon):
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Fourth Chest (Gorgon Maze)
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon:
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (Hard Mode only)
Raid Helmet (Hard Mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (Hard Mode only)
---

If it is, it's guaranteed I won't hit level 30 this weekend. I'm past the Templar, and I haven't gotten the gloves yet.

Nope, it's indeed incomplete. I got both the gloves and the chest piece from the Gatekeeper.

Is this loot list correct and complete?:

First Chest(Spire formed):
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss battle: Templar:
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (Hard Mode only)
Random Exotic Weapon
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Third Chest (Before Gorgon):
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class Item
Random Exotic Weapon

Fourth Chest (Gorgon Maze)
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear:
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (Hard Mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon:
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Random Exotic Weapon
Chatterwite
XV0 Time Breaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (Hard Mode only)
Raid Helmet (Hard Mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (Hard Mode only)
---

Ascendant Material
Spirit Bloom

Here you also get green armour stuff.

Are you sure that you only get Raid helmet from hard mode? You cant get it on Normal? I have a feeling I got it on normal mode.. not sure though..

Steroyd

Holy crap, I never thought the Fatebringer could go higher than god tier but dat outlaw perk, stahp the awesome is too much, I'm not worthy!

Also now I'm seeing why raid helmets are hard to come by, got one for my Titan and Warlock, and the perks are just so good like increased super energy from killing non guardians and the orb drops for crit hitting a vex, I'm starting to prefer raid helmet + exotic chest infact that's probably the best settup because Raid chests don't have added perks for oracles and the like, just extra ammo, then again saint helm-14 on my Titan makes gatekeeper part alot more manageable.

You forgot to add "in the hopes of getting Raid gear/weapons"

Holy crap, I never thought the Fatebringer could go higher than god tier but dat outlaw perk, stahp the awesome is too much, I'm not worthy!

Also now I'm seeing why raid helmets are hard to come by, got one for my Titan and Warlock, and the perks are just so good like increased super energy from killing non guardians and the orb drops for crit hitting a vex, I'm starting to prefer raid helmet + exotic chest infact that's probably the best settup because Raid chests don't have added perks for oracles and the like, just extra ammo, then again saint helm-14 on my Titan makes gatekeeper part alot more manageable.

You forgot to add "in the hopes of getting Raid gear/weapons"

Cant wait to lvl up my Fatebringer that I got yesterday!

Waldini

First Chest gave me a Raid piece... im 100% sure cause it was my first ever run. Now im dozens of Raids further and im still missing my Chest :(

First runs should ALWAYS give gear/weapons. Re-runs should give shards.

DjRalford

L
Yeah this happened to me, if your playing at refresh it still registers that you've already completed it despite changing, for some dumb reason you need to log out the game and back in, then you'll get your rewards.

Edit - Quoted wrong post, durrrrr

Steroyd

What's the deal with public events and rewards?

A while ago I used to be able to do public events with all 3 of my characters and each of them would get Ascendant Shards/Energy ontop of going to the postmaster and getting more ass ontop of that, now I do it once or twice PERIOD (e.g. if same character got 2 public events), and now I feel like I only ever get vanguard points plus paltry postmaster offerings.

Bungie tweeted something the other day asking "will you be prepared for the new Crota's End raid on 12/9?" It immediately made me mad because I don't know if I will be because I'm sitting at level 29, on top of a boat load of shards, energy and materials, just waiting for my raid boots to drop. I've done the normal raid every week since release and hard mode about 4 times. And still no boots. So when you ask if my character is going to be ready Bungie, it rubs salt in the wound knowing that I may not be ready for the new content because of RNG.

That said, some of the responses were hilarious. "I will be, but your servers won't." "No because you won't implement matchmaking you fucks," were among the best.

In all seriousness though, Bungie is reacting and fixing things in Destiny incredibly slow.

Steroyd

Fastest way to get an alt to level 20?

At the start (i.e level 2), use crucible to level up your character to the required heroic level for the story mission, doesn't matter if you suck you get quite a bit of xp just finishing a match, only do the large Icon story missions (again, use crucible to hit the required heroic levels) and do bounties when you get them, bounties play a larger role in levelling up when you hit level 12 (when all 12 bounties are available in the bounty hunter) and keep going.

I got my 2 alts to level 20 in 2 days only doing 7 story missions for each. (banzai!).

So I set out to do the normal raid with three people yesterday and we were successful( I posted a screenshot and the video of the final encounter quite a few pages back)

I have most of the footage and have finally uploaded all of it. PS4 only saves 15 mins of footage was not know to me ( don't usually record play-throughs) and so I lost footage from the oracles till atheon.

We had one member of each class in the fireteam. Maxed out weapons were extremely important. This encounter was stressful, one slip-up and you wipe. That was extremely true for atheon.
But we did have fun and it was an experience not a lot of games provide. When destiny works it works really well.

Here is all the footage I could salvage enjoy!

Spire and Conflux1

Spire and Conflux2

Atheon

I would be glad to run this again with a different set of people and have more people run a half fireteam raid.
It puts pressure on each individual, you have to be almost perfect , each shot counts and that's what's fun about it :-D

Tovarisc

At the start (i.e level 2), use crucible to level up your character to the required heroic level for the story mission, doesn't matter if you suck you get quite a bit of xp just finishing a match, only do the large Icon story missions (again, use crucible to hit the required heroic levels) and do bounties when you get them, bounties play a larger role in levelling up when you hit level 12 (when all 12 bounties are available in the bounty hunter) and keep going.

I got my 2 alts to level 20 in 2 days only doing 7 story missions for each. (banzai!).

So you were that low level scrub running around and being waste of player slot in control by having no gear or any skills ;)

Bungie tweeted something the other day asking "will you be prepared for the new Crota's End raid on 12/9?" It immediately made me mad because I don't know if I will be because I'm sitting at level 29, on top of a boat load of shards, energy and materials, just waiting for my raid boots to drop. I've done the normal raid every week since release and hard mode about 4 times. And still no boots. So when you ask if my character is going to be ready Bungie, it rubs salt in the wound knowing that I may not be ready for the new content because of RNG.

That said, some of the responses were hilarious. "I will be, but your servers won't." "No because you won't implement matchmaking you fucks," were among the best.

In all seriousness though, Bungie is reacting and fixing things in Destiny incredibly slow.

For 29 though, you will probably be ready for the Crota's End normal raid. Assuming it is level 29 or 30 and the hard is 32.

Steroyd

So you were that low level scrub running around and being waste of player slot in control by having no gear or any skills ;)

I wasn't that bad, kept my KDR in the positive... even if I only got 7 kills, got 2nd place on my team once lol, but yeah, no double jump, and getting used to the Warlocks Glide for the first time, meant I wasn't taking control zones in a timely manner and was useless objectively.

maomaoIYP

Oh my god FUCK this thorn bounty for 500 void kills in crucible. This is fucking impossible with all the Suros, golden gun and bladedance bullshit.
I did it in 6 rounds of control.
77 wizard destroys everything. Fusion rifles > every other special weapon type in PvP

3 hours of failing normal mode Atheon. I'm gonna become one of those people #LFM #29+ #300Weapons #experienced #micsonly #abletocomprehendbasicinstructions

Daggoth

I did it in 6 rounds of control.
77 wizard destroys everything. Fusion rifles > every other special weapon type in PvP
Yep. I'm not good at pvp, but managed to do it in about 3 hrs with a standard void fusion rifle.

Is anyone raiding tonight? I need the practice, and to try and erase the last two attempts from my brain.

For 29 though, you will probably be ready for the Crota's End normal raid. Assuming it is level 29 or 30 and the hard is 32.

Normal will be 28 hard will be 32. It's still poop though, you know people will be all douchebaggey and will be like lvl 30 only. As someone with 3 alts between 1 and 2 raid pieces away from lvl 30 it kinda sucks balls.

Mrgamer

Did 2 raids back to back with some gaffers.

got 6 energies,6 shards pair of boots,praedyth's Revenge ,vision of confluence and ship 2 warlock bond.Was more disappointing than the 2 nightfall this week :(.Still no gloves for level 30.

GlamFM

Banned
Did 2 raids back to back with some gaffers.

got 6 energies,6 shards pair of boots,praedyth's Revenge ,vision of confluence and ship 2 warlock bond.Was more disappointing than the 2 nightfall this week :(.Still no gloves for level 30.

What are you complaining about!? You got the best gun in the Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom