• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

I endured the whole duration of this one salvage match and this happens.

nvXSoPl.jpg

That's it I am fucking DONE with randoms on 3v3 anything, anyone want to team up for the salvage trophy, I am fucking done with this mode forever when I have this trophy, I can't take the team quitting lopsided bullshit anymore.

ocean

Banned
I love this game. I've put more hours into it than any release in years. i wouldn't be surprised if half my posts on GAF have been on Destiny threads starting with the Alpha. That said, I think I'll be dialing my playtime way down. I will hop back in weekly for Nightfall/Coins and a Normal Raid but that's it.

I'd love to keep progressing but taking my weapons to 300 attack will require literally hundreds of planetary materials. It's boring and frustrating and tedious and I hate Bungie for giving me zero alternatives to playing whack-a-mole. Everything else in the game can be had in multiple ways.

It's been real fun guys. If these people ever let me pay for mats in any currency, real or virtual, if be back playing daily. Zero hope there though.

todd360

I love this game. I've put more hours into it than any release in years. i wouldn't be surprised if half my posts on GAF have been on Destiny threads starting with the Alpha. That said, I think I'll be dialing my playtime way down. I will hop back in weekly for Nightfall/Coins and a Normal Raid but that's it.

I'd love to keep progressing but taking my weapons to 300 attack will require literally hundreds of planetary materials. It's boring and frustrating and tedious and I hate Bungie for giving me zero alternatives to playing whack-a-mole. Everything else in the game can be had in multiple ways.

It's been real fun guys. If these people ever let me pay for mats in any currency, real or virtual, if be back playing daily. Zero hope there though.

Either that or less mats required for guns. Find 1000 helium filaments lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ah 103 pages heh

That's it I am fucking DONE with randoms on 3v3 anything, anyone want to team up for the salvage trophy, I am fucking done with this mode forever when I have this trophy, I can't take the team quitting lopsided bullshit anymore.
I find Skirmish and Salvage to be intolerable with randoms but my favorite modes with a premade group.

NeOak

I feel like a Chinese gold farmer everytime I go to Mars for relic iron -.-

breakfuss

lol, I saw your post a while ago (maybe someone different) asking for someone to team up with to farm materials. Briefly considered but decided against it. Sucks because I need them but indeed it so freaking tedious. There are a number of "exploit" routes that a buddy has shown me but I always forget them. Really good place on Mars, actually (you were looking for relic iron). The chests continuously respawn as long as you leave the zone.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i think i'm at that point to, now that sunset overdrive is out and fantastic (along with horizon 2). i'll be back for weeklies and to raid (when possible), but no more daily grinding for me.

Fitts

This is the exact thing that is driving me away from the game as well.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is everything a bug with this game? It's obviously how they designed those encounters. It's not like sometimes they're bullet sponges and sometimes they're not. They're always the same so it's clearly not a bug cause there's no way nobody noticed that before the game launched

When the Mars Strike Boss Valus T'urac or w/e is the Nightfall or Weekly Heroic, he has more health than Atheon...

That mission is such a grind fest as it is, the boss is like 1.5 times Atheon's HP

That's a bug/broken thing Bungie acknowledged

This game a nice foundation and the cracks can be filled and smooth out, problem is for every 2 cracks patched, 4 new are found and 3 old ones patched up suddenly start showing cracks again!

matmanx1

Yea but it looks like it's the sniper doing most of the damage on the boss. It also appears to be from the raid. I used it during this fight as well and didn't do half of what this person is getting (~6,000). Is that because I was too far back? Or maybe it's because the weapon isn't fully upgraded. I'm exactly lvl 28 so not sure if that could have an effect either lol. Quite a number variables but I'd love someone's input.

I don't know what sniper rifle that is either but he's using the Weapons of Light perk with his Defender bubble which gives weapons a nice boost to attack power. That and the void burn are why his damage numbers are so high.

Zakalwe

Banned
You had no way of knowing that the Atheon fight would be broken. More than it already is haha.

Myself and a couple of others were musing about the changes, we knew we'd have to adapt to the random part but that didn't really worry us.

We did discuss the potential for post-patch glitches, but we shrugged it off with a "how bad could it get?".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the relic iron loop I do on mars is my favorite one, it's riiiight near the spawn and super tiny and fast paced. just chests, but that's where you should be getting most of your mats for relic iron at least. lots of cabal to headshot and vex to whatevershot too and a patrol mission now and again. Like I'd said though, I never collect more than either 16 or 32 mats in one sitting. There are often compatible bounties and multiple beacons to complete without leaving the loop

Hmm, lol. Those of you out there who don't farm mats in a way that crushes your soul, which weapons have you maxed out? I've done Hawkmoon, Pocket Infinity, and Gjallarhorn needs like 1/4 of one circle of XP to finish, already got the mats. TDYK is about 75% done. and Suros Regime about 50% (but I'm actually shelving it for now, against all odds, on my lock in favor of my Unwilling Soul-09 in PvE).

I'm pretty satisfied with that. I pretty much adore all the guns I've chosen to put the effort into upgrading and I imagine that's the intended experience. I think if I reached the point where I felt like I had to upgrade all the weapons in my arsenal that needed upgrades I'd be pretty burned out with the game too.

ocean

Banned
lol, I saw your post a while ago (maybe someone different) asking for someone to team up with to farm materials. Briefly considered but decided against it. Sucks because I need them but indeed it so freaking tedious. There are a number of "exploit" routes that a buddy has shown me but I always forget them. Really good place on Mars, actually (you were looking for relic iron). The chests continuously respawn as long as you leave the zone.
Thanks man. I turned my playstation on, headed to Mars and opened a YouTube video. Grounded for 10 minutes then wondered why the fuck am I doing this. This is boring. I'd rather join a Hard raid...but my weapons aren't good enough yet.

I like their ascendant material scheme. You get them via Daily, Public Events, the Raid and dismantling. Plenty of ways to do it right? Exotic weapons? Nightfall, Raid, Xur, and Bounties. Legendaries? You can buy them, get them as faction rewards or as drops from high level activities. Crucible has a chance at getting you all of these too.

Marks? You can do Public Events, Strike Playlist, bounties and Crucible. Hell you can trade planetary materials for them too. Same goes for reputation. What I mean is everything else in the game is flexible, allowing you several options so you can get them as a reward for something you find entertaining.

Want 128 Spirit Bloom and 256 Relic Iron? I hope you like patrolling with YouTube guides, oping RNG blesses you and randoms don't fuck you over by messing your route while you kill mobs 20 levels lower than yours.

It's a shame. I love this game but I've hit a wall by having my progress limited by literally the most boring, least engaging and fucking unavoidable mechanic in the game.

Arrrammis

Yea but it looks like it's the sniper doing most of the damage on the boss. It also appears to be from the raid. I used it during this fight as well and didn't do half of what this person is getting (~6,000). Is that because I was too far back? Or maybe it's because the weapon isn't fully upgraded. I'm exactly lvl 28 so not sure if that could have an effect either lol. Quite a number variables but I'd love someone's input.

I don't know what sniper rifle that is either but he's using the Weapons of Light perk with his Defender bubble which gives weapons a nice boost to attack power. That and the void burn are why his damage numbers are so high.

In addition to this, if your weapon isn't fully upgraded, you'll probably be getting a damage reduction from that. Take your weapon's attack and divide it by 10 and that's the level it is 100% effective against. If you're lvl. 28 and fighting lvl. 28 enemies, there is no difference in attack, but you do less damage against 29's and 30's.

Zakalwe

Banned
Hmm, lol. Those of you out there who don't farm mats in a way that crushes your soul, which weapons have you maxed out?

I've maxed:

Two Exotic Helms
Two Exotic Chests
Three Peices of raid gear
Six peices of legendary gear

Suros Regime
TLW
Gjallahorn

TDYK
VoC
Atheon's Epilogue
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance

When I farm I tend to farm what I need for that specific piece only. I max one at a time then take a break to save myself from the monotony.

Working on Ice Breaker now, just starting the Energy upgrades.

cilonen

Caved in and bought Armamentarium, but that meant I needed a new helmet since I was only rolling with Saints and Inner Most Light.

Bought the Monitor Helmet, outfit looks good in Chatter White, like some type of Storm Trooper hit squad...

titan1_zps3bd0334c.jpg

Looks good. I also like the Broadsword shader with Armamentarium.

X-Frame

I'm looking to join a Normal Raid if any are forming soon.

Level 28 Defender Titan, lots of maxed weapons. Shoot me an invite, I'll likely be playing some PvP.

WarWolf

Myself and a couple of others were musing about the changes, we knew we'd have to adapt to the random part but that didn't really worry us.

We did discuss the potential for post-patch glitches, but we shrugged it off with a "how bad could it get?".

I did a regular run with Boguester last night and he didn't port anyone for 1 or 2 turns then just ported me. I killed a couple oracles and two guys went though the portal to help me finish the rest off in time. It's doable with the glitch, just not ideal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No hawkian. You are the replacement for Dax. You can't play any other games. Your only escape from this hell is to trick another into taking your job.
lol. Not only am I actively playing other games, I'm a GL of another game's community right here on this very forum.

If I ever attempted to literally play only one game at a time, rather than what I felt like playing at any particular moment, I'd probably hate gaming in general :X

I still gotta beat Dark Souls 2 and squeeze in Shadow of Mordor! I don't get my job. new mothers get time off. People get time off for injuries and when they have family emergencies. But no policy of time off for new game releases? It's just unreasonable.
Xbone is worth it, trust me. It's a fantastic console now.
I can identify one game I want for it, lol. I can't even stipulate I really want the MCC since what I really want is just a remastered PC version of Halo 2 without all the networking/cheating stuff.
I'll be getting a PS4 when Bloodborne comes out.
that'll be the second PS4 game I'll be buying at launch

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Leveling up Exotic Weapons is a real grind.

What's the most efficient means of using telemetry?

After completing daily stuff/bounties, is it best to run through tiger strikes or PVP?

ocean

Banned
Hmm, lol
I'm pretty satisfied with that. I pretty much adore all the guns I've chosen to put the effort into upgrading and I imagine that's the intended experience. I think if I reached the point where I felt like I had to upgrade all the weapons in my arsenal that needed upgrades I'd be pretty burned out with the game too.
I maxed out Atheon's Epilogue and Ice Breaker because I wanted to gear up for the Raid. I've partly upgraded the Vex Mythoclast, Suros Regime, Corrective Measure, Hezen Vengeance, Void+Solar Light/Beware, MIDA, Cryptic Dragon, TDYK and Vanquisher III. I have a lot of other stuff I haven't even gotten started on. These are the weapons I like best though, and they suit different scenarios so I juggle them around often.

The class material (Hardonic, Plasteel etc) and Weapon Parts I get at a decent rate. Have hundreds of them. Glimmer is easy. Even shards and energy are alright. It's just the planetary materials that keep me from upgrading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom