• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Weeklies are the Nexus with Void Burn. Sekiron and the Minotaurs do void damage; stay alive and do some yourself and you'll wreck the shit out of them.

Xur has three great Chestpieces (you already have a good Raspberry though I believe) and Patience & Time.

Ha, Helium is the toughest for me by far. I don't have a good memorable route yet, but I don't usually need them, seemingly? Dunno why. Relic Iron is easy peasy, Spirit Bloom even better. Spinmetal is okay. I much prefer the Divide to the Rocketyard as an area but I think the Rocketyard is actually better in terms of mats, so meh.

The real money for mats is in loops with lots of chests, with the loose nodes as bonuses. I think I've collected like 4 or 5 relic iron nodes on the ground ever, and I have something like 50ish on hand just from getting in "the zone" a couple times and overshooting the number I needed for immediate upgrades.

Just do Archer's Line for Helium. It's super easy. Start out to the left (or right, doesn't matter) then go in all the caves and check the buildings. There's always a chest on top of the big overpass thing that goes from one side of the map to the other.

Megatron

Normal Raid, from scratch. ~1:30 PM EST (around 30 minutes from now once everyone is on). New raiders welcomed.

1. X-Frame
2. Skele7on
3. grimlock33
4. Dhruv_hanom

Anyone else?

Ooh! I am in! Erdricks_boxers

I am a level 27 defender, though I can be level 28 if you think it would really help. I am sitting on the shards in case I get raid gear.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
RE Hawkins question:

Weapons I maxed: Midas multi-tool, void light beware, heazen Vengence, corrective measure
Damn, interesting and cool choices.
I'm gonna max next: TLW
word. Masterpiece of a gun.
I just realized it costs me 18 shards to fully upgrade legendaries and raid gear, but exotics only reqire 16 shards to fully upgrade to 30 light.
Wait is that right? I thought Exotics took 3 sets of 8 shards = 24...

BraXzy

Weeklies are the Nexus with Void Burn. Sekiron and the Minotaurs do void damage; stay alive and do some yourself and you'll wreck the shit out of them.

Xur has three great Chestpieces (you already have a good Raspberry though I believe) and Patience & Time.

Thanks Hawk! I'll try and squeeze them in tonivht I think. Patience and time is probably not worth it with me owning Ice Breaker right?

I can assume you have an SO Xbox bundle ordered right now? ;)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks Hawk! I'll try and squeeze them in tonivht I think. Patience and time is probably not worth it with me owning Ice Breaker right?

I can assume you have an SO Xbox bundle ordered right now? ;)
Patience and Time is Arc and has a cool unique mod, and other benefits. If you like sniper rifles it's a worthy Exotic. I bought it just for the collectathon :X

edit: I'm not buying an Xbox One :(
Just do Archer's Line for Helium. It's super easy. Start out to the left then go in all the caves and check the buildings. There's always a chest on top of the big overpass thing that goes from one side of the map to the other.
Hmmm thanks, I'll try it sometime soon to see if I can get it down. Still seems like I rarely need helium for some reasons.

Stares intently at fig... So.......

I'm going to feed my offspring lunch in a bit and then will go put overalls on my Titan for some helium farming. If you're bored and/or want farming company, I'll be there. Where the Wizards come from.

PSN: ColonelOCorn

o_o

I'll add you later. Probably won't be on for an hour or so.

maomaoIYP

Does anyone know how to use a rocket launcher with cluster bombs effectively? I just found my 2nd legendary with it, but every time I shoot it in PvP all I hear is kerblam-blam-blam-blam and watch players walk away alive even though I hit the ground they were standing on.

Zakalwe

Banned
So, Flawless run in 2-3 hours time.

Steroyd, Wolf, Drizzay, Lik, Matt, Ruthless, etc...

I hope five of you lunatics are ready.

breakfuss

Just started leveling my final alt. Not sure if anyone is in the same position and wants someone to trudge through the story missions with. PSN: breakfuss.

X-Frame

Normal Raid, from scratch. ~1:30 PM EST (around 30 minutes from now once everyone is on). New raiders welcomed.

PS4

1. X-Frame
2. Skele7on
3. grimlock33
4. Dhruv_hanom
5. GraveRobberX
6. Megatron

Alts

1. Yukianesa

Full. Yuki, Megatron got in first. You'll be 1st alt in case someone can't make it.

15-20 minutes from now!

Kensuke

Alright, getting to 29 took longer than I thought. I have a Gatekeeper checkpoint on hard. Anyone interested?

1. Wretched_Walrus (lvl 29 warlock)
2. Slaziman (lvl 29 titan)

Deku Tree

Damn, interesting and cool choices.

word. Masterpiece of a gun.

Wait is that right? I thought Exotics took 3 sets of 8 shards = 24...

I don't know if it's the same for other people... I don't know why it wouldn't be... But my exotic Titan chest piece and my light beyond nemesis warlock helm only require eight shards each for the last two upgrades. Both are currently un-upgraded.

Orca

Guys, podcasts make grinding materials enjoyable actually.

Why not just incorporate those materials into the actually FUN parts of the game...

I mean I get it when an MMO makes me grind. They need me to play for months so they get their $15 a month. There's no monthly fee here...so why the need to slow down progress with bullshit farming requirements?

Steroyd

Oh no, oh fuck no.

While collecting spinmetal for my Fatebringer, I lost focus and started levelling my hunter to lvl 29 using said spinmetal.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKK!

This fucking monotonus farming shit, fuck fuck FUCK!

When the Mars Strike Boss Valus T'urac or w/e is the Nightfall or Weekly Heroic, he has more health than Atheon...

That mission is such a grind fest as it is, the boss is like 1.5 times Atheon's HP

That's a bug/broken thing Bungie acknowledged

This game a nice foundation and the cracks can be filled and smooth out, problem is for every 2 cracks patched, 4 new are found and 3 old ones patched up suddenly start showing cracks again!

You're telling me nobody noticed T'Urac was taking forever to die before the game launched? Bungie needs to cut the bullshit and admit they designed it that way. You just can't call everything a "bug".

NeOak

I don't know if it's the same for other people... I don't know why it wouldn't be... But my exotic Titan chest piece and my light beyond nemesis warlock helm only require eight shards each for the last two upgrades. Both are currently un-upgraded.

Same for my Raspberry and Chest of Alpha Lupi. Only the last 2 required shards.

It's not. Thank god.

cool, did the hard raid yesterday and man even with lvl 30 and maxed out raid weapons and gjallarhorn it´s hard. Especially the templar part. Atheon was easy, We took down Atheon after our 3rd teleport.

I will try and do a Normal flaweless raider game with my fireteam. Shouldnt be impossible if the game behaves and does not glitch out. We got most of the stuff locked down now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So the second upgrade takes no shards?

I think there's some slightly incorrect info in my part 3 guide then, oops. Well, less is better than more

Zakalwe

Banned
If you got a spot I can be on in 2 :) :)

Nothing's set so far. You're in though for sure if you want it.

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator

We have Lik, Boguester (DrDrizzay101), iRAWRasaurus, Steroyd, DeathJr as potentials.

Let's start meeting up at 7 gmt (1 hour 30 minutes) to leave for 7:30.

Gives me half an hour to get some food and prepare a vat of coffee.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You're telling me nobody noticed T'Urac was taking forever to die before the game launched? Bungie needs to cut the bullshit and admit they designed it that way. You just can't call everything a "bug".

Well we couldn't know about this until 4th week when NF + Heroic Weekly rotation went to Mars

LiK

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator

We have Lik, Boguester (DrDrizzay101), iRAWRasaurus, Steroyd, DeathJr as potentials.

I'm no potential. I'm in.

Deku Tree

So the second upgrade takes no shards?

I think there's some slightly incorrect info in my part 3 guide then, oops. Well, less is better than more

Yes for the two exotic armor pieces that I have unpgraded the second defense upgrade only requires glimmer, class materials, and farming materials.

Yes I was happily surprised. Less is indeed better than more.

WarWolf

1. Zakalwe
2. Mattiator
3. WarWolf7

I'm in.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Was saving up for a the Devil you know. Just got a Red Hand IX from raising my vanguard ranks. :)

Any place I can get the Outrageous Fortune or is it totally random?

E92 M3

Why not just incorporate those materials into the actually FUN parts of the game...

I mean I get it when an MMO makes me grind. They need me to play for months so they get their $15 a month. There's no monthly fee here...so why the need to slow down progress with bullshit farming requirements?

I agree fully, it just alleviates a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom