• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like that I'm sick of rumble too. The run/blink jump/slide shotgun thing that's going on there has become too monotonous to bear. Don't get me wrong, I'm doing well ( it's my best playlist, over a 4.5 k/d ) it's just boring, and getting killed by someone running at you is annoying no matter how often it happens. The whole pvp is starting to become unbearable to me for various reason, I might just retire it and stick with pve.

Steroyd

What is the most efficient place people found to farm spinmetal? And helium fragments for that matter, went to farm for spinmetal in rocketyard and it took longer than i remember just getting 10, I want my maxed Fatebringer damnit!

ocean

Banned
Anyone farming planetary materials? Can't put it off any longer. My Warlock is 27 and with enough Relic Iron he'll be 29.

Dante316

What is the most efficient place people found to farm spinmetal? And helium fragments for that matter, went to farm for spinmetal in rocketyard and it took longer than i remember just getting 10, I want my maxed Fatebringer damnit!

My fatebringer requires relic iron...lucky me.

Tovarisc

That better not happen...even in the one update they stated they have a substantive update in certification and everything will happen soon. What the fuck is Bungie's problem?

Didn't they say that "We have major patch in cert right now" 2-3 weeks ago and 1-2 weeks before Atheon patch came out? I think this "major patch" is in some limbo and will get wrapped into DLC download.

I wouldn't be surprised if they forget to increase bank slots

"Forget" and week later "10 more slots to all sections of vault! Only 5.99!"

Edit:

What is the most efficient place people found to farm spinmetal?

I get it from Skywatch and has good amount of chests + nodes to provide it.

Hopefully there are a bunch of Normal Raid groups forming today, I definitely want to bang out at least 2; 1 on my Titan main and 1 on my Warlock alt.

It's a cold rainy day here in NY, not much else to do.

I'm in upstate new york for the weekend and can confirm it's nasty out. Sadly, my ps4 did not make the trip with me. I'm beginning to have serious withdrawal and won't be able to feed my addiction until very late Sunday night.

purg3

slept with Malkin
You guys aren't mad that it seems like they're delaying the promised weapon changes until the DLC? Hopefully, I am wrong though.

Not mad, probably because I stopped caring. It's not surprising the way updates and patches have been handled. It's laughable coming from a company like Bungie, but I have faith that this game will get exponentially better down the road. Right now though it just feels like they are spinning tires and going nowhere lol.

Namikaze1

Man, I don't feel like playing Destiny. I got the platinum and the DLC isn't out till next month. I got Fatebringer, so the only weapon I want left is The Last Word but I'll wait for the weekly resets for Nightfall and Xur. The only other thing I can do is try to get my hunter to 30 but I'm already tired of grinding.

BadAss2961

You can find helium all over Archer's line (the first moon area.) There's like 10 different caves and rooms to check as well as few spots where chests and helium spawn.

For relic iron, lots of rooms to run through in the Scablands.

I'm yet to find a great spot for spinmetal.

X-Frame

Wanna do a normal raid?

Would love to! Maybe in like an hour? I need to eat some lunch because I'm all jittery from the coffee I've been drinking, which means terrible aim.

I'll pop back here after I'm done and see if there is a group forming. I'm a 28 Titan, lots of maxed weapons and completed it I think 4 times now.

E92 M3

Didn't they say that "We have major patch in cert right now" 2-3 weeks ago and 1-2 weeks before Atheon patch came out? I think this "major patch" is in some limbo and will get wrapped into DLC download.

Yeah, it's a clusterfuck. Oh well, with Halo and COD coming out, I'll have things to play.

Not mad, probably because I stopped caring. It's not surprising the way updates and patches have been handled. It's laughable coming from a company like Bungie, but I have faith that this game will get exponentially better down the road. Right now though it just feels like they are spinning tires and going nowhere lol.

I care because I am still salty from putting in so many hours and not having anything to really show for it. The game will get better without certainty, but at what cost to the community?

Man, I don't feel like playing Destiny. I got the platinum and the DLC isn't out till next month. I got Fatebringer, so the only weapon I want left is The Last Word but I'll wait for the weekly resets for Nightfall and Xur. The only other thing I can do is try to get my hunter to 30 but I'm already tired of grinding.

If you have Xbox, get Jet Set Overdrive.

Ambitious

I just got the Zombie Apocalypse from a blue engram. Unfortunately, it does Void damage. I've already got a almost fully upgraded Corrective Measure. Guess I'm going to scrap it.

Speaking of scrapping: Level 30 Guardians, did you keep your old non-raid gear or dismantle it? I could need a few shards. Apart from the perks and stat boosts, I see no reason to keep it. And both the perks and boosts of my raid gear are superior to those of the old gear.

Would love to! Maybe in like an hour? I need to eat some lunch because I'm all jittery from the coffee I've been drinking, which means terrible aim.

I'll pop back here after I'm done and see if there is a group forming. I'm a 28 Titan, lots of maxed weapons and completed it I think 4 times now.

If you guys need another body, I'd like to jump in. Level 30 Sunsinger run the Normal 3x's.

Tovarisc

Has anyone been successful with any of the new Atheon cheese methods?

I have watched videos of them and can't but think that normal tactic will kill Atheon faster and cleaner than desperate attempts on new luck based cheeses. ~2 cycles of IB + Ghorn burn and hard Atheon is dead.

Jinjo

That better not happen...even in the one update they stated they have a substantive update in certification and everything will happen soon. What the fuck is Bungie's problem?

Preeeetty sure that "substantive update" was the one we got this week. Atleast I fucking hope so, because it didn't contain a lot of the fixes we want (they couldn't add them because this update was in certification). Took weeks to get that update out since the message so a new update will probably be another week or two.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I care because I am still salty from putting in so many hours and not having anything to really show for it. The game will get better without certainty, but at what cost to the community?

No I hear you, I still jump on daily and play. But I'm at the point where it's just not worth it to care anymore or get my hopes up for these changes anytime prior to the expansion. Most of the casual community is going to jump ship anyway once cod/mcc launches. In it's current state, this game doesn't have the content to support competing with those new games in terms of players time, I think. And with out proper balancing in place, a lot of the game is broken and has been for months now. The minor pvp balance tweaks have helped but it's not enough.

Tovarisc

Preeeetty sure that "substantive update" was the one we got this week. Atleast I fucking hope so, because it didn't contain a lot of the fixes we want (they couldn't add them because this update was in certification). Took weeks to get that update out since the message so a new update will probably be another week or two.

"Major / substantive patch" is supposed to be different thing than this "Atheon patch", that we just got. They have talked about this "major patch" good time before they announced Atheon specific patch.

Nuszka

Feel the same right now , rng is not good to me i roll 3 different clases did 6 normal and 3 hard raids with my titan and warlock each- got boots for lock and helmet for titan. Just can not get past that 29 mark and i clocked in about 250 hours. Weapon wise i just want TLW and no back up plan for my titan. Will be doing weeklys and raids maybe once a week from now on. Last night it was a breaking point for me where it stopped being enjoyfull and started to feel like chores or tasks at work - this is not what i expect from a game after coming back from actual work :) So i got lords of the fallen , very happy with my choice.

Acorn

"Major / substantive patch" is supposed to be different thing than this "Atheon patch", that we just got. They have talked about this "major patch" good time before they announced Atheon specific patch.
Being over two weeks in cert smells like bs from Bungie.

JCizzle

Did they ever patch the "bug" Bungie said they found that made strike bosses too bullet spongey? I remember that they cited it as an identified issue, I just dont recall ever seeing it resolved in the notes.

Acorn

Did they ever patch the "bug" Bungie said they found that made strike bosses too bullet spongey? I remember that they cited it as an identified issue, I just dont recall ever seeing it resolved in the notes.
No they haven't even mentioned it in a month iirc.

Is everything a bug with this game? It's obviously how they designed those encounters. It's not like sometimes they're bullet sponges and sometimes they're not. They're always the same so it's clearly not a bug cause there's no way nobody noticed that before the game launched

LiK

understandable. if i got Flawless, i would be taking a break already. i would only return to help my Raid crew with some stuff.

Good job on the raid guys. I got literally nothing. Super salty right now. Other than the spirit bloom chest, I got nothing. Not even upgrade materials. Must be some kind of glitch. I need to take a break or I'm going to throw my ps4 out of the window, set it on fire and bury it in a pet cemetery. Fucking destiny. Destiny of horse shit more like. Fucking bullshit *salty mumblings*
I was j1014082 btw

NastyBook

The fuck? Somebody must've been running the loop ahead of you. If Rocketyard isn't coming up with enough mats, run a loop in the Divide. I heard some people say they have better luck getting Spinmetal there.

Also, robdragoo and me are switching to Alts for another Raid. Anybody that has an alt or just wants experience running through it, let us know.

Thanks again to cyborg1 for the assist. Once we locked our shit in, Atheon was finished. Good team effor all around.

Qwell

I have an Oracle checkpoint on Hard, looking to cheese through Oracles and Templar for Oracle loot, Templar loot, and chests after Templar. Looking to do this twice, will need to switch characters on first group.

Who wants a a chance at Raid gear, Fatebringer/Praetorian Foil and Raid gear?
expect ascendants lol
I'm sure it's way too late but do you or anyone else have a hard Templar checkpoint? Would love to snag a checkpoint or join a group.

PS4=Qwell

Tovarisc

Is everything a bug with this game? It's obviously how they designed those encounters. It's not like sometimes they're bullet sponges and sometimes they're not. They're always the same so it's clearly not a bug cause there's no way nobody noticed that before the game launched

Watched stream of Alpha back in the day and saw Sepsik Prime [discoball] and could instantly tell boss design will revolve around bosses being insane bulletsponges.

So by Bungies logic this "bug" has been in game for long long time now and could be spotted by having eyes that you then use to look gameplay for 20 seconds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's what I took from it as well. Pretty disappointed.
Don't think so.
I hope the dlc comes with some class changes and more bank slots too.
doubt that however. :(

Yea but it looks like it's the sniper doing most of the damage on the boss. It also appears to be from the raid. I used it during this fight as well and didn't do half of what this person is getting (~6,000). Is that because I was too far back? Or maybe it's because the weapon isn't fully upgraded. I'm exactly lvl 28 so not sure if that could have an effect either lol. Quite a number variables but I'd love someone's input.
I wasn't really talking about that video so much, just from experience. He's got big old hitboxes
That better not happen...even in the one update they stated they have a substantive update in certification and everything will happen soon.
There will be patches before the DLC. feel free to force crow down my throat if I am incorrect.
What the fuck is Bungie's problem?
...?

Milennia

The fuck? Somebody must've been running the loop ahead of you. If Rocketyard isn't coming up with enough mats, run a loop in the Divide. I heard some people say they have better luck getting Spinmetal there.

Also, robdragoo and me are switching to Alts for another Raid. Anybody that has an alt or just wants experience running through it, let us know.

Thanks again to cyborg1 for the assist. Once we locked our shit in, Atheon was finished. Good team effor all around.

Np man anytime I like helping when possible

Sabotage

Caved in and bought Armamentarium, but that meant I needed a new helmet since I was only rolling with Saints and Inner Most Light.

Bought the Monitor Helmet, outfit looks good in Chatter White, like some type of Storm Trooper hit squad...

titan1_zps3bd0334c.jpg

SgtCobra

I have both with decent mods.

SP edges it for me.

Depends on the mods. Vanquiser for me.

I have both along with a suros, and I keep going back to the Vanquisher (for PVP). Really like that gun.

Also depends on the mods for each.
I'm just buying them off from their respective seller at the tower. I never got a purple weapon loot in my life so I'm not looking into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom