• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
That doesn't sound like fig. Perhaps it Twas someone else.

She didn't even have the deceny to fall off the jump puzzle, so I had to do it for her.

Damn flawless raiders...

We'll get it eventually and all pre patch flawless raiders will bow to our awesomeness.

Or blink in disbelief at our utter masochistic stupidity. ;_;

I did a regular run with Boguester last night and he didn't port anyone for 1 or 2 turns then just ported me. I killed a couple oracles and two guys went though the portal to help me finish the rest off in time. It's doable with the glitch, just not ideal.

Yep, this seems to be the pattern. WIth no wipes:

First teleport - no one goes
Second - no one goes
Third - one person
Forth and every portal after - 3

I think it may have skipped the second step once, but otherwise it seems quite consistent.

Now the execution...

Qwell

Is anyone else noticing their friends running fireteams as invite only and then soloing dailies / weeklies etc? At least a few times a day I'll pick-up a bounty or want to run the daily, see I have friends doing the same thing but can't join them. I'm not trying to mooch, I can hold my own, lvl 30 on 2x characters, but more people make it go faster.

ocean

Banned
Leveling up Exotic Weapons is a real grind.

What's the most efficient means of using telemetry?

After completing daily stuff/bounties, is it best to run through tiger strikes or PVP?
Not sure anyone knows exactly how it works. It was shown a few pages back that Daily Mission XP applies to armor and subclass but not weapons though. You only got weapon XP for your kills during the mission.

GlamFM

Banned
Do I look cool or what!?

pRBWYjs.jpg

Silav101

Hey all, looking to set up a normal raid on the PS4 for tonight. I'm a noob, so newbies and/or experienced players are totally welcome.

If you want to join, send off a friend request to Silav101 on PSN.

Time: +/- 20.30 (8:30pm) CET (Central European Time)

1. Silav101 - 28 Warlock (sunsinger)
2. morphie80

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've maxed:

Suros Regime
TLW
Gjallahorn

TDYK
VoC
Atheon's Epilogue
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Badass collection, da-dayum. Hezen's Vengeance will probably stay on the warlock but I'll make it first order of business for him. I might move Atheon's Epilogue up the list. It's not my kind of gun, but its dominance even totally unupgraded during this week's Burn is impossible to ignore.
When I farm I tend to farm what I need for that specific piece only. I max one at a time then take a break to save myself from the monotony.
yay!
Working on Ice Breaker now, just starting the Energy upgrades.
great example of a gun I want but will never max, lol. I just want it for the infinite special ammo.

Myself and a couple of others were musing about the changes, we knew we'd have to adapt to the random part but that didn't really worry us.

We did discuss the potential for post-patch glitches, but we shrugged it off with a "how bad could it get?".
Oh my sides hahah
First teleport - no one goes
Second - no one goes
Third - one person
Forth and every portal after - 3

I think it may have skipped the second step once, but other wise it seems quite consistent.

Now the execution...

During the three man raid atheon was on the verge of being enraged before he ported one of us

Mindlog

Is anyone else noticing their friends running fireteams as invite only and then soloing dailies / weeklies etc? At least a few times a day I'll pick-up a bounty or want to run the daily, see I have friends doing the same thing but can't join them. I'm not trying to mooch, I can hold my own, lvl 30 on 2x characters, but more people make it go faster.
I normally try to set it open, but I can see the appeal of invite only. Most of the game is really easy now and the occasional challenge of a daily/weekly is what keeps the game interesting.

EL CUCO

Re: Hawkians farming question.

Gear:
2 pieces of Raid gear, 2 Exotic chest, 1 Helm, 1 Lgnd Boots (prior to any Raid gear all Lgnd Gear was maxed to hit 29)

Weapons:
Suros, VoC, The Supremacy, Preadyth's Revenge, Hezens Vengeance, Ice Breaker, Fatebringer.

I just farm casually as I do missions, Bounties, or as my next upgrade requires. I never try to go for matts in bulk, becasue I'll lose my mind.

Orca

I find myself not wanting to play because I need to grind out so many materials to level up weapons and armor right now. I have my legendary boots maxed for exp, but have only unlocked the first one because I don't have enough Helium. I have tons of energy/shards, but the mats...not so much.

Running around like a Chinese gold farmer is boring as hell. Why is that in the game? Why don't the mobs in those zones drop mats occasionally? Even a 1/30 chance of dropping one material would alleviate most of the utterly pointless grind.

It's ridiculous that you can turn in those mats for rep, but can't turn in Hadronic Essence or other mats that just clog up your bank lol

Qwell

I normally try to set it open, but I can see the appeal of invite only. Most of the game is really easy now and the occasional challenge of a daily/weekly is what keeps the game interesting.
I guess I can see that, I suppose I'm just too goal focused, I'm playing the grind in this game so I'm just trying to complete as much stuff as fast as I can to level up gear, gather mats etc.... so many weapons to lvl up :(

phen0m24

the relic iron loop I do on mars is my favorite one, it's riiiight near the spawn and super tiny and fast paced. just chests, but that's where you should be getting most of your mats for relic iron at least. lots of cabal to headshot and vex to whatevershot too and a patrol mission now and again. Like I'd said though, I never collect more than either 16 or 32 mats in one sitting. There are often compatible bounties and multiple beacons to complete without leaving the loop

Hmm, lol. Those of you out there who don't farm mats in a way that crushes your soul, which weapons have you maxed out? I've done Hawkmoon, Pocket Infinity, and Gjallarhorn needs like 1/4 of one circle of XP to finish, already got the mats. TDYK is about 75% done. and Suros Regime about 50% (but I'm actually shelving it for now, against all odds, on my lock in favor of my Unwilling Soul-09 in PvE).

I'm pretty satisfied with that. I pretty much adore all the guns I've chosen to put the effort into upgrading and I imagine that's the intended experience. I think if I reached the point where I felt like I had to upgrade all the weapons in my arsenal that needed upgrades I'd be pretty burned out with the game too.

Spent the morning Bloom farming, now I find out for the Warlock, for Patience and Time, and for my son's Hunter:

I NEED HELIUM FILAMENTS.

I've never farmed helium filaments.

This could get interesting. Any of you helium farming pros?

LiK

Spent the morning Bloom farming, now I find out for the Warlock, for Patience and Time, and for my son's Hunter:

I NEED HELIUM FILAMENTS.

I've never farmed helium filaments.

This could get interesting. Any of you helium farming pros?

Helium is the easiest to farm. Lots of them in the landing area of the Moon and easily seen glowing from afar. So much easier than Spinmetals and Iron Relics.

I maxed out Atheon's Epilogue and Ice Breaker because I wanted to gear up for the Raid. I've partly upgraded the Vex Mythoclast, Suros Regime, Corrective Measure, Hezen Vengeance, Void+Solar Light/Beware, MIDA, Cryptic Dragon, TDYK and Vanquisher III. I have a lot of other stuff I haven't even gotten started on. These are the weapons I like best though, and they suit different scenarios so I juggle them around often.

The class material (Hardonic, Plasteel etc) and Weapon Parts I get at a decent rate. Have hundreds of them. Glimmer is easy. Even shards and energy are alright. It's just the planetary materials that keep me from upgrading.

Grinding for mats is terrible, but I find it tolerable if I only do it one weapon or armor piece at a time, and only when I don't feel like doing anything else. So I just grab 30 or 40 in any one session. I'm also getting better at grabbing them whenever I see them while I'm doing something else. I Was 90 helium from level 29 this morning, so I'm breaking it up over multiple sessions.

I also use mat farming as a way to try out different guns. I've got a Hard Light I don't plan on ever seriously using, but it mixes things up when I'm just messing around patrolling.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Need some suggestions on what to max out next

(Already maxed out Vision of Confluence, Ice Breaker, and Atheon)

I just got The Last Word from a Nightfall, and I purchased Patience and Time from Xur. Still have TRUTH from last week which isn't leveled either (Don't have the ballerhorn)

Really wish I had Fatebring right now, doe.

Not sure anyone knows exactly how it works. It was shown a few pages back that Daily Mission XP applies to armor and subclass but not weapons though. You only got weapon XP for your kills during the mission.

That is really lame. So the only way to level weapons is to use them and claim bounties?

What about XP during Strikes/Crucible?

phen0m24

Helium is the easiest to farm. Lots of them in the landing area of the Moon and easily seen glowing from afar. So much easier than Spinmetals and Iron Relics.

Thanks Lik. It appears I need the equivalent of the national debt worth of helium filaments.

(goes off to find a youtube)

Fuck helium filaments. Everything I need upgrading needs them atm.

Fuck them and fuck the moon.

I have loads of relic iron and nothing to spend it on. :(

BraXzy

i wanna play sunset overdrive but I don't want an xbone :(

Do it!! Theres also MCC! Plus, we can play together!! :D

I've not touched Destiny since Monday, I've not even played Sunset Overdrive which came out yesterday. I was too busy tryig to crack the Sunset Overdrive ARG!

Someone catch me up please? What's the nightfall? What has Xur got in his stash?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I maxed out Atheon's Epilogue and Ice Breaker because I wanted to gear up for the Raid. I've partly upgraded the Vex Mythoclast, Suros Regime, Corrective Measure, Hezen Vengeance, Void+Solar Light/Beware, MIDA, Cryptic Dragon, TDYK and Vanquisher III. I have a lot of other stuff I haven't even gotten started on. These are the weapons I like best though, and they suit different scenarios so I juggle them around often.
That's quite the list, I'd advise making a simple 1->2->3 priority. Especially if you're going to be playing a lot less, but still do feel like upgrading when you can- maybe you wouldn't mind a "One weapon per week, one upgrade per session" rule? 16 mats can be had very easily in 15 minutes or less.

Re: Hawkians farming question.
Weapons:
Suros, VoC, The Supremacy, Prearyth's Revenge, Hezens Vengeance, Ice Breaker, Fatebringer.
Outside of exotic armor pieces I'm way more interested in weapons, because everybody just picks "whatever gets my Light up" to upgrade in terms of armor.

Fatebringer... soon as I get my hands on one that goes to the top of the list.
I just farm casually as I do missions, Bounties, or as my next upgrade requires. I never try to go for matts in bulk, becasue I'll lose my mind.
Yar. Props to those who can tolerate but there's just no way. One or two upgrades' worth at a time, I honestly don't mind.

Farming for planetary mats is suuch a common complaint though, I hope it is addressed in some way. keeping people running around out in the world is important, but it can still be shaken up.

Deku Tree

RE Hawkins question:

Weapons I maxed: Midas multi-tool, void light beware, heazen Vengence, corrective measure

I am working on maxing: suros (almost there), solar 77 wizard, solar admonished rocket launcher (my other legendary heavy that isn't maxed at the moment on my Titan).

I'm gonna max next: TLW

I have a level 29 warlock with one exotic helm maxed and two raid pieces maxed and no boots. I have a second warlock exotic helm maxed, and a third that I'm putting experience into when I'm not doing serious things, I am working on maxing a second raid gloves and raid chest for my warlock... And I'm also working on getting a warlock alt to level 20. Then I'll quickly have two level 29 warlocks.

And I'm gonna take my Titan to level 27 with 93 light with legenday armor and an exotic chest piece and no ascendant upgrades. Holding out for an exotic titan helm and some raid gear to spend shards. Might go to 28... No sure. Depends on next weeks nightfall probably.

I just realized it costs me 18 shards to fully upgrade legendaries and raid gear, but exotics only reqire 16 shards to fully upgrade to 30 light.

phen0m24

Stares intently at fig... So.......

I'm going to feed my offspring lunch in a bit and then will go put overalls on my Titan for some helium farming. If you're bored and/or want farming company, I'll be there. Where the Wizards come from.

PSN: ColonelOCorn

Mindlog

I like the other side better. The loop around that small tower thing place whatever I don't know the names of these areas.

Spinmetal is my favorite material. The environment is easily navigable, good sightlines, good beacon mission placement and you can do all this while waiting for a reliable public event. Spirit Bloom...... Just talking about farming is giving me a headache. I hate this stupid mechanic. I have thousands of other resources going to waste because I can't do shit with them yet the game keeps making me break down crap gear I didn't want to pick up in the first place.

Deku Tree

I just got about 120 spinmetal in around 45 minutes using the rocket yard divide trick. Tedious and mind numbing boring but quickest that I have ever done it. I was t planning on doing it... But I just bumped into the right setup and kept going until it ended.

Is there anywhere that tells the best of each weapon, or does someone know offhand? Basically I don't want to waste my time with junk if there is something better.

For example: Best Auto Rifle afaik is Suros Regime (Exotic) followed by Shadow Price (Legendary)

What about all the other weapons? What are the 2-3 best hand cannons, sniper rifles, scout rifles and so on?

X-Frame

If you need farming buddy, invite me anytime. I can't stand farming in Mars. I love the Moon.

You need to find a chest/relic iron near the tunnel to the Hollows and then just do the infinite spawning chest thingy.

One time I found a chest, and 2 separate relic iron mats all near each other and I continually grabbed them (chest last), then sparrow'ed into the Hollows then just right back to the same spot. You can get about 6 relic iron in 30 seconds if you get 2 per pick-up.

EL CUCO

Is there a way to "restart" a story mission without having to complete it?

Trying to do this Banuk bounty but my save from the last prince keeps throwing me halfway into the mission :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do it!! We can play together!! :D

I've not touched Destiny since Monday, I've not even played Sunset Overdrive which came out yesterday. I was too busy tryig to crack the Sunset Overdrive ARG!

Someone catch me up please? What's the nightfall? What has Xur got in his stash?
Weeklies are the Nexus with Void Burn. Sekiron and the Minotaurs do void damage; stay alive and do some yourself and you'll wreck the shit out of them.

Xur has three great Chestpieces (you already have a good Raspberry though I believe) and Patience & Time.
Ha, Helium is the toughest for me by far. I don't have a good memorable route yet, but I don't usually need them, seemingly? Dunno why. Relic Iron is easy peasy, Spirit Bloom even better. Spinmetal is okay. I much prefer the Divide to the Rocketyard as an area but I think the Rocketyard is actually better in terms of mats, so meh.

The real money for mats is in loops with lots of chests, with the loose nodes as bonuses. I think I've collected like 4 or 5 relic iron nodes on the ground ever, and I have something like 50ish on hand just from getting in "the zone" a couple times and overshooting the number I needed for immediate upgrades.

X-Frame

Normal Raid, from scratch. ~1:30 PM EST (around 30 minutes from now once everyone is on). New raiders welcomed.

1. X-Frame
2. Skele7on
3. grimlock33
4. Dhruv_hanom

Anyone else?

Wilcian

Neo Member
Anyone doing the hard mode raid? My friend and I would like to join. PSN Tailsaga (29 Titan), Dootzor (29 Warlock). Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom