• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

void666

Banned
Got invited to an atheon normal checkpoint. God the other guys were awful.

"Lets stay on the ground and hug harpies. They need some love. Boom. Dead."
"Lets not stay on the middle platform. It's glitchy. Damage goes through the shield. Instead lets stay spread out so we can hug harpies while being shot by atheon."
Four shield runs later and atheon is still alive. Someone screw up, everybody dies.

Guys, stay on higher ground. Yes, harpies can still kill you but won't be a 1 hit kill.
Yes the shield is glitchy but with everyone staying in the middle everyone can shoot atheon's juicy bellybutton. It may go wrong thanks to the bugness of this game but it's the most effective way.

Well, i got disconnected and when i came back the guy who invited me was offline.

Anymway, trying atheon hard mode yesterday made me realize how easy it is to beat him on normal.

MADGAME

About to run a normal Raid, have 4 slots available. Many of you are already my friends, just join if you want to go. PSN same as GAF

Looking for a few more for Normal Raid, doesn't matter if you are experienced or not. Just be at least 26 with some leveled weapons. No pressure Normal run.

dacalo

Hey dude you joined our party but no one could communicate - said NAT issue. Maybe try joining again?

I talked to others, just you and X-frame i can't hear and talk to, we could try changing to game talk, that fixes it usually. I can't accept you invite, says i am not allowed.

EDIT: I don't think i can rejoin because you kicked me out of the chat group.

Heel

Is PSN / Destiny broken again? Sat at Destiny loading screen for a few minutes and now I can't access PSN multiplayer features...

todd360

"Lets not stay on the middle platform. It's glitchy. Damage goes through the shield. Instead lets stay spread out so we can hug harpies while being shot by atheon."
Four shield runs later and atheon is still alive. Someone screw up, everybody dies.

Guys, stay on higher ground. Yes, harpies can still kill you but won't be a 1 hit kill.
Yes the shield is glitchy but with everyone staying in the middle everyone can shoot atheon's juicy bellybutton. It may go wrong thanks to the bugness of this game but it's the most effective way.

Well, i got disconnected and when i came back the guy who invited me was offline.

Anymway, trying atheon hard mode yesterday made me realize how easy it is to beat him on normal.

Relic only lets in damage if the relic holder is moving. Stand completely still. If someone bumps into you it will let in damage. I'm so tired of explaining this to people. We need a flawless raiders guide to the vault of flawless ass or something. Maybe I should write one.

rNilla

I talked to others, just you and X-frame i can't hear and talk to, we could try changing to game talk, that fixes it usually. I can't accept you invite, says i am not allowed.

EDIT: I don't think i can rejoin because you kicked me out of the chat group.

If you rejoining doesn't work I guess someone else should try creating a party. I didn't see any settings to "un-ban" you.

EDIT: Sorry man, sucks. :(

void666

Banned
Relic only lets in damage if the relic holder is moving. Stand completely still. If someone bumps into you it will let in damage. I'm so tired of explaining this to people. We need a flawless raiders guide to the vault of flawless ass or something. Maybe I should write one.

Well, that explains a lot. Thank you.

J Jizzle

After a month long slog at 28, I've finally managed to hit level 29! Now, anything I need to know before hitting hard mode vault for the first time?

Wow. So power levelling my first alt took very little time, level 27 hunter now took less than 15 hours since I had 3 legendaries and an exotic for her.

However, since she didn't have to go through the pain of searching for light armour, it meant I have been low on saffire wire. Meaning the game forces you to find shitty loot to shard for wire.

I never had this issue with my main level 30 Titan since it was from scratch and I put in 9 in game days so far, so a lot of shitty loot was found so I never felt this grind yet.

So here is my 27 hunter, 1 light point away from 28 because I need 17 more saffire wire, meaning 17 greens or about half rare armour pieces needed to shard. Fuck this is stupid. Actively searching for crappy armour loot. Yeesh.

Wait, so if I make an alt and transfer my upgraded armor through the vault, I have to re-upgrade it? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

rNilla

OK, looking for one more for Normal raid. Lost dacalo due to communication issues / stupid PSN.

EDIT: Nevermind. We're full.

Agent

Anyone want to do Atheon on hard (PS4)? I have the checkpoint, Warlock 30. My group had to leave so looking to get it done. I don't know many 29/30 people to put a group together unfortunately.

PSN: phantom8324

Magik

Anyone want to do Atheon on hard (PS4)? I have the checkpoint, Warlock 30. My group had to leave so looking to get it done. I don't know many 29/30 people to put a group together unfortunately.

I'm up for it if you got room.

x_Magik_ox

Reule

Anyone at Aetheon on Hard? I have the checkpoint but I'd like to join a group if someone has one going/ready. I have a fully upgraded Gjallarhorn as well as other weapons. The group I was with came close to beating him but we ran into a few glitches and setbacks. Just respond to this post if I can come along.

PSN: Reule
Level 29, Hunter

I have to say that I went up against atheon twice today. First attempt failed after at least a half hour of trying the old center method. The second attempt took two two tries with everyone just finding a spot they are comfortable with and rocketing the shit out of him.

thaOwner

PSN: phantom8324

Just sent you a request. Gen_hof

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have to say that I went up against atheon twice today. First attempt failed after at least a half hour of trying the old center method. The second attempt took two two tries with everyone just finding a spot they are comfortable with and rocketing the shit out of him.

It was my soft girly voice, I soothe everybody, until I blow a gasket, then the Hulk Smash talk comes out

Kensuke

Made it all the way to the jumping puzzle trying for flawless. Five of us are already at the Gatekeeper gate, but the very last guy doesn't make it. Heartbreaking. Don't know if I can take much more of that shit.

LiK

Made it all the way to the jumping puzzle trying for flawless. Five of us are already at the Gatekeeper gate, but the very last guy doesn't make it. Heartbreaking. Don't know if I can take much more of that shit.

Even after flawless platforming, Antheon only teleporting one guy is irritating as fuck.

It was my soft girly voice, I soothe everybody, until I blow a gasket, then the Hulk Smash talk comes out

You were the glue for sure! Thanks by the way, everyone broke off pretty quickly after it was over.

I want to think that my death at the end wasn't in vain, and those extra rockets I got off with a supplicant starting me in the face were the deciding rockets. Fell on my sword for the greater good.

breakfuss

Damn, I'm sorry. Hahaha I do NOT want to be that person when the time comes. I bet that was super awkward afterward. *mutes mic*

But yeah I will definitely be floating my ass across that entire section via arc blade! Works like a charm. Haven't been able to do it flawlessly as a hunter, though.

todd360

Inside the bubble can still take splash from the column on the left of that atheon center platform pillar. Most people try to shield to the front right corner to combat that

I stand middle right. Bubble touches the column a bit, but provides a great deal of room and no splash damage. Front right is fine though as well.

Kensuke

Damn, I'm sorry. Hahaha I do NOT want to be that person when the time comes. I bet that was super awkward afterward. *mutes mic*

But yeah I will definitely be floating my ass across that entire section via arc blade! Works like a charm. Haven't been able to do it flawlessly as a hunter, though.

As a hunter it's dead easy with the triple jump. I haven't died doing it in weeks. Just wait for the third platform to spawn (count them) and jump on that one. You don't even need to jump before it appears, you'll make it after it spawns. From there you can jump all the way to the wall safely.

The guy didn't die jumping though, but at the wall-hugging part. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom