• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

But if I main a Titan, and make a second Titan, I can transfer fully upgraded armor between the two, through the vault, correct?

Yes.... a lot of people do that actually. If you create up to three titans and level them up to 20 then you can raid up to three times a week with the same armor and weapons and get rewards with each alt.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm seriously considering creating a weekly spreadsheet and type shit in for all 3 characters I have

Shit I did on Tuesday reset is remembered easily, but Raid gets so fucking confusing doing it on 3

So My Warlock has done all of Normal Raid and oracle/Templar on Hard
My Titan has done all of Normal Raid and Atheon Hard. Need Oracle/Templar/Gatekeepers
My Hunter has done Gatekeepers/Atheon and Nothing hard. Need Oracle/Templar and all of Hard

For the last 2 days I sat looking at that yellow boxes trying to figure out what I finished, what I didn't
Seriously Bungie should light the yellow box for each part you can get loot

1st box for Oracle, 2nd Templar, 3rd GK, 4th Atheon
So if 1st and 3rd box are yellowed out, I know I got Oracle and GK done on that char
Hate that box just light up and you have to figure out what you did on that char

#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS!

I wouldn't mind a Icon on your overview solar system map to let you know you completed a Public Time Event
A small star just to signify you got it done

Dealing with 3 characters is such a headache daily

Deku Tree

Awww that's lame. Probably saving them for DLC then.

I think if they keep data mining the source code they are going to find a lot of things that we will never see in the game. The creative process involved a lot of proposals that never end up in the game but sometimes they don't get deleted from the source code entirely either. Everyone inside Bungie is working on deadlines...

BTW I really was enjoying the creepy sounds that Destiny was making when I enabled the pumpkin head thing on my level 8 warlock.

Still that the pumpkin head thing just didn't work at all if you had already done the nightfall.

Just playing random crucible matches and tiger strikes in hopes of getting Hawkmoon.

I doubt I'll get it til next year when it's available on both platforms...long after I've stopped playing it.

noomi

After many VoG runs, finally had chest and gauntlets drop for me, all I needed for level 30 :D

Made me happy, then I looked at the mats required and my :) went :(

I hate farming mats, HATE. FARMING. MATS.

64 spinmetal, 64 relic iron.....

Why can't Bungie make each of the raid chests drop 8-12 of a random mat just like the rare chests in patrol mode do?

Shards aren't worth much now, and no one should ever have to waste hours of their time farming materials.

Have they acknowledged how stupid it is?

Thrak360

Neo Member
I just hit level 20. Is there any good beginner's guide on the factions? Wondering if faction gear is any better than the gear I will be able to buy from Vanguard and Crucible vendors. The main Attack and Defense values all seem to be the same, but wondering if any other characteristics differentiate the faction gear from other gear. Thanks.

hydruxo

I'm seriously considering creating a weekly spreadsheet and type shit in for all 3 characters I have

Shit I did on Tuesday reset is remembered easily, but Raid gets so fucking confusing doing it on 3

So My Warlock has done all of Normal Raid and oracle/Templar on Hard
My Titan has done all of Normal Raid and Atheon Hard. Need Oracle/Templar/Gatekeepers
My Hunter has done Gatekeepers/Atheon and Nothing hard. Need Oracle/Templar and all of Hard

For the last 2 days I sat looking at that yellow boxes trying to figure out what I finished, what I didn't
Seriously Bungie should light the yellow box for each part you can get loot

1st box for Oracle, 2nd Templar, 3rd GK, 4th Atheon
So if 1st and 3rd box are yellowed out, I know I got Oracle and GK done on that char
Hate that box just light up and you have to figure out what you did on that char

#FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS!

I wouldn't mind a Icon on your overview solar system map to let you know you completed a Public Time Event
A small star just to signify you got it done

Dealing with 3 characters is such a headache daily

This is why I'm only going to have one alt. Three chars to rotate between is too much. I'd rather be able to enjoy the game rather than push the grind to the limit.

No offense to anybody who has 3 chars though :)

Deku Tree

Why can't Bungie make each of the raid chests drop 8-12 of a random mat just like the rare chests in patrol mode do?

Shards aren't worth much now, and no one should ever have to waste hours of their time farming materials.

Better yet they should remove all the world materials from the game and let you upgrade your weapons without them.

They haven't acknowledged shit. I feel like the ship is just too big for us to see a change in direction until after the second dlc pack. If the numbers for the first dlc are below expectations, we may see something sooner, but I think they probably pre sold enough to be happy. For now.

Question : I'm helping a mate out from work level up and want to get him through nightfall asap. He got to level 24 and it unlocked but can't go on it yet.

What level does he need to be?

SkylineRKR

I have to say that I went up against atheon twice today. First attempt failed after at least a half hour of trying the old center method. The second attempt took two two tries with everyone just finding a spot they are comfortable with and rocketing the shit out of him.

Generally, if everyone got hard hitting stuff like Gjaller, then the spread out method is likely even better. But otherwise I prefer the middle platform even though its not foul proof.

But the problem I have with spreading out is that you are vulnerable to both Atheon and his sups.

So, in attempting to complete the Aetheon battle on hard today, here are just some of the issues that we ran into:

-Aetheon having absolutely zero problem shooting blasts directly through the Relic Shield

-Aetheon's blasts hitting the rocky outcrop on the left side of the middle platform, and the splash damage happily crossing through the relic shield barrier and killing people as far as the far-right side of the platform.

-The Minotaur on Venus REGAINING HEALTH WHEN YOU SMASHED HIM WITH THE SHIELD

-Crossing through the gate, only to arrive back on the future/past area, probably close to blind

But THANK GAWD we can't assign teams to head into the portals anymore! That might really have ruined the experience, huh Bungie?

This might be the most successful $60 beta in history.

Fourth Raid done.

Fourth Raid without any Raid Gear.

Seems like you need... Patience and Time

But seriously, since I doubt I can say anything new about the decision of making 30 reachable only through RNG I'll say this: I hope you get phat lewt on the next refresh.

GraveRobberX

Generally, if everyone got hard hitting stuff like Gjaller, then the spread out method is likely even better. But otherwise I prefer the middle platform even though its not foul proof.

But the problem I have with spreading out is that you are vulnerable to both Atheon and his sups.

Middle is fucked up a little due to the new patch
Even if the Relic holder is still sometimes 1 errant Atheon missile does go through, how? I have no fucking idea
If Atheon hits that left pillar in the middle platform that splash damage wrecks the whole team, hell if he hits the bottom right underlip of platform, the splash somehow hits you even inside the bubble

SkylineRKR

So, in attempting to complete the Aetheon battle on hard today, here are just some of the issues that we ran into:

-Aetheon having absolutely zero problem shooting blasts directly through the Relic Shield

-Aetheon's blasts hitting the rocky outcrop on the left side of the middle platform, and the splash damage happily crossing through the relic shield barrier and killing people as far as the far-right side of the platform.

-Crossing through the gate, only to arrive back on the future/past area, probably close to blind

But THANK GAWD we can't assign teams to head into the portals anymore! That might really have ruined the experience, huh Bungie?

Especially this is the bane of my existence (as a fated portal runner), and causes fuckup portal runs more than it should.

GraveRobberX

They should give a stack of mats when you finish a mission, extra for the daily

Do Heroic Daily tiers

If you do 20 version - 3
22 - 5
24 - 10
26 - 15
28 - 25

Whatever the mission is on daily, you get that planets material
So Today was Earth, so Spinmetal would be a bonus

Deku Tree

When I do the Atheon battle I just tell the relic shield holder to go to the back by the door. Since the teleport is random there is no reason to jump to the middle platform.

I gave up on hard Atheon for now. Too many bugs. Too time consuming with a pick up crew unless you get lucky with a strong team. And too little chance of getting the good rewards.

*Splinter

Even if the Relic holder is still sometimes 1 errant Atheon missile does go through, how? I have no fucking idea
If Atheon hits that left pillar in the middle platform that splash damage wrecks the whole team, hell if he hits the bottom right underlip of platform, the splash somehow hits you even inside the bubble
Anyone notice that if you play with a good team, he can't hurt you through the shield, but with a bad team all these splash damage problems happen?

Anyone?

SkylineRKR

I think they should treat mats as follows:

4-5 from chests and nodes.
10-15 mats from Vanguard Tiger strikes. Nexus giving Spirit Bloom, etc.
Daily 5 mats, more depending on levels.
Weekly 15 mats, 25 for highest level or so.

You still have to look for chests, and you still have to play for it. But you're doing more what you should do, shooting enemies.

i'm really glad i've hit 30 already because i'm not going back in there until this shit is fixed.

Sure, I'm just throwing it out there that not going to the center is a viable strat.

Now that teleports are random you have more potential for the relic holder to not be in the right spot, move around too much, or any other slight relic oddity. It also feels like there is a better chance for the supplicants to build up quicker on the outside since taking them out is now a new skill for people used to being on portal duty. Giving your team the freedom to go grab some ammo, kill a few sups and find a quiet spot to nuke atheon is a good change of pace.

If the middle works for you, by all means keep it up.

GraveRobberX

I thought people jumped to the middle because of supplicants. Also it's the best view of Atheon.

You make whoever is the lowest level person or offers to do it be supplicant cleaner

Like I was 29 while everyone was 30, so I would shoot 3 Ice Breaker bullets in Atheons belly, then just kill supplicants both sides to have the are clear
Then when team ported, if I didn't go, I would blast a few extra shots in Atheon while the other 2 would clean up supplicants while opening door, then I would swap back to same mode

Beat Atheon HM in 2 ports

SkylineRKR

Sure, I'm just throwing it out there that not going to the center is a viable strat.

Now that teleports are random you have more potential for the relic holder to not be in the right spot, move around too much, or any other slight relic oddity. It also feels like there is a better chance for the supplicants to build up quicker on the outside since taking them out is now a new skill for people used to being on portal duty. Giving your team the freedom to go grab some ammo, kill a few sups and find a quiet spot to nuke atheon is a good change of pace.

If the middle works for you, by all means keep it up.

Today it didn't work. But 3 days ago we managed to do it on Hard without getting hit even once. Its sad that a tactic and sheer teamwork isn't foul proof. Bugs are my biggest nemesis anyway. One fucked up portal exit can cause a wipe, esp. on Hard. Or one fucking minotaur that completely regens.

Why would you have so much armour there? Did you empty your inventory just to make your vault look full?

I swear people are going out of there way to complain about this game...

Some of the armour are doublicates, but its the weapons that are the major problem. I had still around 8 legendary guns on my charactes that didnt fit in the vault and still 4 exotic bounties that are soon completed...

if you are going to collect them all, we need a bigger vault

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Question: What's the better solar fusion rifle: Pocket Infinity or Praetorian Foil?
I don't know anything about the Praetorian Foil but I'd wager confidently that Pocket Infinity is a markedly better gun while the Foil has the advantage of being a legendary.
in my two experiences thus far since the patch the middle platform is exactly unchanged. I experienced more dying to splash damage on that left wall before the patch than in both attempts this week combined (not that I think it was improved at all, we were just more cognizant).

Tovarisc

Why would you have so much armour there? Did you empty your inventory just to make your vault look full?

I swear people are going out of there way to complain about this game...

I don't know about you, but my vault is almost 20/20 in weapons section because of all exotics I want storage and general is also full-ish thanks to, well, general stuff I need storage.

Armor not so much, I keep needed parts right on characters anyways.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
I'd like to join a group to do hard raid from Gatekeeper or Atheon checkpoint. Last night tried it with a group of lvl 29s and it didn't work. I'm willing to try again tonight but the group needs a couple of lvl 30s at least.

PSN: Jssom
Hunter lvl 29 with fully developed weapons

Relic only lets in damage if the relic holder is moving. Stand completely still. If someone bumps into you it will let in damage. I'm so tired of explaining this to people. We need a flawless raiders guide to the vault of flawless ass or something. Maybe I should write one.

To be very clear: no offense intended whatsoever. Not trying to start another pre vs. post patch flawless fight. It was still a challenging trophy before the patch for sure. But there are flawless-specific glitches introduced in the patch so that any pre-patch strategy is outdated. I've run it before and a shit ton after the patch and I would be happy to make a guide if there are enough people seriously interested. I would also be happy to run it with any team that is serious and wants a guide because there are so many details to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom