• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I don't know anything about the Praetorian Foil but I'd wager confidently that Pocket Infinity is a markedly better gun while the Foil has the advantage of being a legendary.

I'm thinking that your right. I got to start leveling up my Pocket infinity... but it's hard for me to give my exotic slot away from either my Suros or my Multi-Tool

CLBridges

Beat vault twice on normal with my two warlocks and am saved on atheon hard, still no raid gaunlets smh. Hopefully iron banner will fill the void this week. Might venture back into hardmode later tonight.

Nodnol

Oh you sweet summer child...

Seems like you need... Patience and Time

But seriously, since I doubt I can say anything new about the decision of making 30 reachable only through RNG I'll say this: I hope you get phat lewt on the next refresh.

It's just sooooooo frustrating.

First time round I got VoC and HV.

Second time VoC again.

Since then it's been all energy and shards. I have no use for shards anymore, I nearly have enough to upgrade any Raid gear twice over.

Meanwhile two of my group has 2/3 Raid Gear.

Makes me sad. They should change it so each checkpoint has a random chance of a specific type, or work out an algorithm to give a higher drop rate to stuff not already owned.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hard mode pointless for a level 28? Am I just a huge liability at that point?
I say yes. There may be some debate on this, but no revives ups the ante for what one mistake means so goddamn much. And the likelihood of one mistake meaning death is that much likelier at 28.
I'm thinking that your right. I got to start leveling up my Pocket infinity... but it's hard for me to give my exotic slot away from either my Suros or my Multi-Tool
you can just equip it when turning in bounties to level up. when a solar burn comes around you'll be glad you got it powered up.

*Splinter

I don't know about you, but my vault is almost 20/20 in weapons section because of all exotics I want storage and general is also full-ish thanks to, well, general stuff I need storage.

Armor not so much, I keep needed parts right on characters anyways.
Yeah I get that too. Just the way his armour was rammed as well made me think he's just emptied his inventories to complain, when usually all of that stuff would be carried.

Well whatever, we still need more vault space anyway

kuppy

Hard raid anyone? (Edit: fresh start)
We need two more, preferably level 30, PS4, add me on PSN: kuppii930
PSN notifications aren't loading up to well for me though, so it might take me a minute to invite you.

Edit: Dang, out of nowhere we are full, I think.

It's just sooooooo frustrating.

First time round I got VoC and HV.

Second time VoC again.

Since then it's been all energy and shards. I have no use for shards anymore, I nearly have enough to upgrade any Raid gear twice over.

Meanwhile two of my group has 2/3 Raid Gear.

Makes me sad. They should change it so each checkpoint has a random chance of a specific type, or work out an algorithm to give a higher drop rate to stuff not already owned.

Keep it as it is. At every loot phase you get a token, with X(piece) tokens you can craft that particular armor piece with the same random stat rolls as if it was a raid drop. With Y(piece) tokens you can choose to re-roll a stat (maybe at the experience cost of unlocked upgrades). This way you still get the thrill of a good loot drop, but you get an upper bound for the time to gear up.

Tovarisc

Hard mode pointless for a level 28? Am I just a huge liability at that point?

I'm with Hawkian on this one. As 28 you basically don't deal any meaningful damage to level 30 mobs while said mobs can basically one hit kill you with almost anything. You can't be given any responsibility [oracles, relic, defence...] and as general damage dealer you just can't perform.

That said if rest of the group are skilled players with 29-30 character they maybe can carry you, if they are willing.

X-Frame

Not bad for raid spoils so far today.

Another Raid Sparrow from Atheon, Hezen Vengeance and Praedyth's Revenge.

I'm really glad I didn't buy the sparrow stuff from Xur!

Why are my ammo synthesis not doing anything half the time on the hard raid? :(

Something about buying them with character A, putting them in the vault, then using them with character B or C. Make sure to pull out whatever gun you want to pop ammo for before using the pack to work around the glitch.

Dante316

Yays finally my titan is 26, tomorrow should be 27 when I get vanguard to rep 2 for gauntlets, then I will be able to raid more, *does a happy dance*

Well, I'm just gonna try... Any 30s wanna pull me through Atheon on Hard Raid? We just tried it for a fww hours and couldn't do it - and I'd really like to finish this shit tonight.

Hard Raid is totally crazy. I even have a hard time imagining that its so much easier with level 30 (I'm 29 btw.),

Back > Middle

So many instances of people dying without reason. It's not even worth it.

I haven't been in a group where someone has died in the middle for a good while now. If someone dies, either you or they did something wrong. It happens.

Center was how we beat it the first time, but we had some people who had trouble with it, so we started doing back.

It's much better, IMO. You do have to pay special attention to make sure supplicants on both sides are downed, but it's an easier path, overall, and it's easy to get everyone a Weapons of Light buff via a Titan.

-When group is teleported, make sure that one person is on each pillar atop each portal key. A third person can help out on either side, depending on who needs it (we usually had one on top of the big column near the left key. Having a person on each side helps ensure all supplicants are destroyed
-While teleport group is doing their thing, the key pillar guys focus on the supplicants, and the one other guy keeps an eye on both with a heavy weapon and helps whoever needs it
-When the teleport group is about to come through, hopefully you have a Titan on the outside. He can pop his Ward of Dawn with the +35% damage buff of Weapons of Light, right next to the back spot where the relic holder will go. This allows almost everyone (minus the one person on the other side) pass through and get the buff. If your Titan got teleported inside, he can always try to run out of the portal first, ahead of the others, and put WoD down

That +35% damage buff is critical.

Dante316

Well, I'm just gonna try... Any 30s wanna pull me through Atheon on Hard Raid? We just tried it for a fww hours and couldn't do it - and I'd really like to finish this shit tonight.

Hard Raid is totally crazy. I even have a hard time imagining that its so much easier with level 30 (I'm 29 btw.),
I did hard raid other day, it felt super easy due to the fact all were 30s with maxed weapons lol, I loved it, nothing stood a chance.

Ugh. Glitches on hard mode are a pain enough, but when your internet craps out it's worse. Hope the guys I was with made it to the end.

Now I'm somewhere around the gorgon maze next time I go in, I guess. blah.

edit: my consolation is that I'm no longer junior! :)

Reule

Thanks to Agent/Phantom for the Hard raid group. We almost choked at the end but we pulled through. I can't tell you how happy I am that I finally have the helmet for my Hunter. :)

kaiiri

so got two warlocks now so I can do weekly and nightfall (and occasionally vog) twice a week. got a 26 hunter kinda leaning towards just scrapping him to make a 3rd warlock to swap gear and do more weekly and nightfalls. I was gonna just use the hunter but not sure I wanna waste acendant shards on his gear. hmm... suggestions?

Need +2 for hard mode raid on PS4 at ~9est. We will be starting at oracles and the 4 of us will probably be doing some character switching throughout. May skip gatekeeper as well I'm not sure.

Reply here or message on PSN if interested

PSN: T_urdburger

Edit: full

Xamdou

Say I found a legs legendary chest engram on my warlock and decrypt it on my Titan, will it give me a legendary Titan chest armor?

Need +2 for hard mode raid on PS4 at ~9est. We will be starting at oracles and the 4 of us will probably be doing some character switching throughout. May skip gatekeeper as well I'm not sure.

Will you be sniping the oracles from the spawn point?

jjp14

Banned

I'm definitely down. Send a FR to ghostlynexus. Have a 28 lock and a 30 hunter

So, in attempting to complete the Aetheon battle on hard today, here are just some of the issues that we ran into:

-Aetheon having absolutely zero problem shooting blasts directly through the Relic Shield

-Aetheon's blasts hitting the rocky outcrop on the left side of the middle platform, and the splash damage happily crossing through the relic shield barrier and killing people as far as the far-right side of the platform.

-The Minotaur on Venus REGAINING HEALTH WHEN YOU SMASHED HIM WITH THE SHIELD

-Crossing through the gate, only to arrive back on the future/past area, probably close to blind

But THANK GAWD we can't assign teams to head into the portals anymore! That might really have ruined the experience, huh Bungie?

This might be the most successful $60 beta in history.

Went through normal Thursday after the patch and had issues with everything u listed above.

Come the F on Bungie, get it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom