• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dang I'd love to jump in on that normal raid on my warlock but I probably won't be home for 6ish hours. oh well, not a priority for me this week. i'm liking leveling up my Titan so even if that (and some Crucible, been too long) is all I get to do tonight I'll be happy.

TP-DK

Just saw this post at 9gag:

aLQ1nWA_700b_v1.jpg

I'm baffled that Bungie spend so much money on voice acting, when the npc's being voiced are more dull than watching the grass grow. Seriously everytime I'm in the Tower I'd wish the npc were as characteristic as those in Demon's Souls.

Oh last night I played the raid for the second time with my Hunter. I got the raid gloves twice. Guess what I got the first time I played the raid.. Fucking rng.

Looking to attempt my first raid on normal in about 20-30 mins or perhaps this evening around 9. About how long does it normally take to complete?

XBL: Galvatron13
Level 28 Hunter

Since this is my first attempt, any advice is appreciated.

Ambitious

One shard until level 30. No gear to dismantle. No marks to buy gear. Won't be at home for the next three days and I'm about to leave in 30 minutes.
Currently sitting in the Mothyards, waiting for the public event.

Nope. Needed to go. Oh well. What do we say to the God of- no wait, the other way: What does the God of RNG say to us?

"Not today!"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my major takeaway from that was that I really need to see whatever production of Les Mis has Lennie James as Enjolras

hydruxo

Finally finished the Bad Juju bounty after having it in my bounty slot for weeks. Just glad to get that sucker done. Into the vault until the buff comes out it goes!

They need to tone down the green cloud effects on it though, it's really obnoxious and kind of obstructs your aim.

benjammin

Is anyone up for a normal raid in thirty minutes or so? I'm benjammin172 on ps4, looking to make my second ever run through the vault. Level 28 Hunter with a maxed ice breaker and a VoC that's only missing the last 2 damage upgrades

purg3

slept with Malkin
Looking to attempt my first raid on normal in about 20-30 mins or perhaps this evening around 9. About how long does it normally take to complete?

Level 28 Hunter

If you are going through with 5 other people that know what they are doing and have cleared it many times, easily under an hour. I think my fastest clear is like 40-45 mins on normal.

If you are going through with people that haven't cleared it before, probably a few hours.

Advice? If you are going through with a group that cleared it before, just listen to them and do what they say lol.

Deku Tree

I see complaints about how crappy randoms can be in Tiger Strikes from matchmaking every single day in here, and I've experienced them myself. Odds are high of running into one or both players going completely AFK (either maliciously, hoping to be carried, or legitimately- who knows), and I wind up soloing essentially the entire thing. It's not that big of a deal, because it's possible; I can solo all of them at Tiger level pretty simply at this point. So I just do so and move on. But that's not an option for the raid or anywhere close.

Yup. The other day I was doing a tiger strike on the archon priest and as the mission was starting I was making my way into the cave and killing all the enemies and i realized that I was alone so I died intentionally and while dead I switched to the other guys camera and I saw that they were working together as a team farming spirit bloom while I was doing all the work for them... No thanks. So I quit and started a new strike.

Mattiator

Full vanguard marks got pretty much ever thing I need lvl 30 soon and only missing a hand cannon and a good special what say you. Is any weapon worth it or should I break down gear for shards??

Iceman829

Level 28 Hunter

The experience of your group normally has a direct effect on the raid. You will most likely be in there a few hours 2-3 based on just learning. If you need help I will be happy to join with one of my alts (28 warlock/28 titan).

Tips will be to listen to the group leader and stick to the job they assign you. Don't be a hero in tough situations. More often than not people rush in and get themselves killed. A person alive is more useful than a 30 second countdown timer on the ground.

I would ask to pick up the relic to learn the controls so you can become comfortable just incase during aethon you will need to use it or if the relic holder dies and you need to pick it up. Your grenade button is one of the most important buttons. This will cleanse your teammates and you will need to hold it down for a few seconds and not tap it. Your melee attacks are RB and RT. You and do a jumping attack A + melee to jump and smash the ground. Your special attack LB + RB will shoot a energy blast from the relic towards the area you are aimed at. During the Templar fight this takes his shield down.

Enjoy yourself. Follow directions. If the attack plan is not working, regroup and try something new.

I wouldn't mind helping this afternoon, but need another half hour or so to finish things up around the house.

Namikaze1

And I'll run away and then come back to kill you.
You'll first have to find me! I may be right across the map, my sniper aim at you, just one finger away from death. Or I could be right behind you, my knife ready to be sunk down on you back. You'll never see me coming, fig.

Your hunter may be better but mine is just as good. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yup. The other day I was doing a tiger strike on the archon priest and as the mission was starting I was making my way into the cave and killing all the enemies and i realized that I was alone so I died intentionally and while dead I switched to the other guys camera and I saw that they were working together as a team farming spirit bloom while I was doing all the work for them... No thanks. So I quit and started a new strike.
holy balls. I should probably do stuff like that more often. I work with people who are sticking close, but if they're wandering off or just sitting still I just speed through as fast as I can on my own. It never occurred to me to look back with the deathcam and see what they are actually up to. that is just beyond the pale, I'm glad you didn't finish it off for them.

Yeah it's getting ridicluous. Wish there was a way to boot people like that. Worst part is the game scales to 3 people with only one person playing

todd360

You'll first have to find me! I may be right across the map, my sniper aim at you, just one finger away from death. Or I could be right behind you, my knife ready to be sunk down on you back. You'll never see me coming, fig.

*slams popcorn on table and starts eating it like a chicken*

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Full vanguard marks got pretty much ever thing I need lvl 30 soon and only missing a hand cannon and a good special what say you. Is any weapon worth it or should I break down gear for shards??
Lol. The Devil You Know and Light/Beware are superlative weapons in their categories. Enjoy.
Yeah it's getting ridicluous. Wish there was a way to boot people like that.
totally.
Worst part is the game scales to 3 people with only one person playing
I haven't found this ordinately increasing the challenge or length that much recently, although back at level 24 it would have been completely excruciating.

Yep, had that happen to me at times, that's why I don't play the strike playlist at all. If the strikes weren't super boring and redundant as it is.

Best way is to intentionally die in a darkness zone, the other two will respawn next to you. :p

GhaleonEB

I am now level 24 and just got my first legendary via a blue (purple?) engram drop - a sniper rifle.

I switched off blade dancer as it was increasingly not useful in PvE - all the powerful enemies have massive AOE melees. I might be ready for the Vault around the time the expansion comes out and no one wants to play it any longer. Woo!

Mattiator

Lol. The Devil You Know and Light/Beware are superlative weapons in their categories. Enjoy.

totally.

I haven't found this ordinately increasing the challenge or length that much recently, although back at level 24 it would have been completely excruciating.

Thanks the devil you know it is :)

Get TDYK so you will be used to it once RNG gives you Fatebringer.

On that subject, I noticed that FB isn't that great during Atheon. I was killing Oracles much quicker with Suros. Since you can't get precision dmg on the O's, any reload perks you have don't work. I think they were both about 2 O's per clip, but I could get through a clip and reload much faster with Suros.

Sucks since FB is great for the Suplicants, but with random teleports...I just can't use it. Did prove Hawkian right that Hezen Vengeance is better since it doesn't take an Exotic slot. I'm pretty sure a rocket from that bad boy was the final nail for Atheon.

Or I could be right behind you with a shotgun to the back of your head.

We'll see.

Dante316

Looking for 4 more to run through normal raid, all are welcome, just be 26 plus. Plan to start in 30 min, 1 pm est.
1. Dante316
2. A friend

Mattiator

Get TDYK so you will be used to it once RNG gives you Fatebringer.

On that subject, I noticed that FB isn't that great during Atheon. I was killing Oracles much quicker with Suros. Since you can't get precision dmg on the O's, any reload perks you have don't work. I think they were both about 2 O's per clip, but I could get through a clip and reload much faster with Suros.

Sucks since FB is great for the Suplicants, but with random teleports...I just can't use it. Did prove Hawkian right that Hezen Vengeance is better since it doesn't take an Exotic slot. I'm pretty sure a rocket from that bad boy was the final nail for Atheon.

milkham

i was on tiger playlist with a friend the other night and came across a few afkers, felt so good to leave them alone in the strike

The experience of your group normally has a direct effect on the raid. You will most likely be in there a few hours 2-3 based on just learning. If you need help I will be happy to join with one of my alts (28 warlock/28 titan).

Tips will be to listen to the group leader and stick to the job they assign you. Don't be a hero in tough situations. More often than not people rush in and get themselves killed. A person alive is more useful than a 30 second countdown timer on the ground.

I would ask to pick up the relic to learn the controls so you can become comfortable just incase during aethon you will need to use it or if the relic holder dies and you need to pick it up. Your grenade button is one of the most important buttons. This will cleanse your teammates and you will need to hold it down for a few seconds and not tap it. Your melee attacks are RB and RT. You and do a jumping attack A + melee to jump and smash the ground. Your special attack LB + RB will shoot a energy blast from the relic towards the area you are aimed at. During the Templar fight this takes his shield down.

Enjoy yourself. Follow directions. If the attack plan is not working, regroup and try something new.

I wouldn't mind helping this afternoon, but need another half hour or so to finish things up around the house.

Thanks (also to purg) for the advise. I can wait longer, however, I most likely won't have time to finish. I'll check back about 12:45 est or so to see if anyone is game.

ThisOne

I am now level 24 and just got my first legendary via a blue (purple?) engram drop - a sniper rifle.

I switched off blade dancer as it was increasingly not useful in PvE - all the powerful enemies have massive AOE melees. I might be ready for the Vault around the time the expansion comes out and no one wants to play it any longer. Woo!

Considering you can only do one run on each Raid per week, I'm sure there will be plenty of people still wanting to do Vault.

I'll play if I can hold onto my resolve and not buy the DLC until it goes on sale.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Niice which sniper?
Abilities like the enhanced slide, Arc grenades/Razor's Edge and stealth have definite use cases in PvE- but you can switch back and forth at will for maximum effectiveness. The super, as you've noted, is definitely less useful on the whole than Gunslinger's in high-end PvE, but Stealth for revives in the Nightfall, for example, is a godsend.

I'll certainly still be running through the Vault of Glass at least once a week when the new stuff comes about.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thanks (also to purg) for the advise. I can wait longer, however, I most likely won't have time to finish. I'll check back about 12:45 est or so to see if anyone is game.

Are you going through with a fresh group or with people that cleared it before?

Good luck and enjoy it, easily the best experience the game has to offer.

*slams popcorn on table and starts eating it like a chicken*

Don't hurt yourself.

Gunslinger is the superior subclass for PvE by far. I feel like each class has a subclass that's better for PvP and one that's better for PvE as it stands. Although I prefer Gunslinger in Crucible atm.

Also after a break from the vault of ass, I probably wouldn't mind helping people who still haven't done it when the dlc comes out provided I have time.

Didnt noticed the raid gear can get random stats,I got the raid armor set with str stats, my friend got his armor set with int stats, what.

ethomaz

Banned
Looking for 4 more to run through normal raid, all are welcome, just be 26 plus. Plan to start in 30 min, 1 pm est.
1. Dante316
2. A friend
Can I use my alt? Titan lvl 26 (well Strike yet)... I can use my Warlock weapons that are all maximized.

:)

PS. I will try to reach lvl 27 in the next minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom