• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ugh. Guess it's time to start working on an alt.

yeah it sucks, but ever since I've leveled a second Titan, I'm usually sitting at about 100+ energies and 50+ shards on average. Plus it's nice for getting a shit ton of strange coins each week.

Zakalwe

Banned
No actually you went back and edited your post. Don't try to be smart.

No, I really didn't. Not sure what happened there.

An as I said, next time you have 3 hours spare suddenly all you need to so is post this:

"Looking for my first raid. I only have 3 hours right now: any groups willing to take a first timer?"

That post has been made successfully on /many/ occasions.

Greenymac

Looking for players with experience to blow thru a raid quickly on normal. I will be using my alt 26 hunter with maxed weapons. A sunsinger would be great. Should take us 45 mins to an hour. Add Greenymac. Looking to start ASAP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
"very likely" I like those odds, Ok we will see how it goes then.
You're really going to try, right?
That's not what I'm saying with matchmaking, I'm suggesting that I'm happy to take that chance of people being shit, just like in strikes and PVP, because that way I can quickly get into the Raid.
And I'm saying that happiness you're talking about, that willingness to "take your chances," "just like in strikes and PVP," is so far removed from the coordination and communication required for the raid that if you don't get extremely lucky to the tune of 5 individual players, you might regret even trying. Never having done the raid you certainly won't be able to lead and instruct the group (will you?) and barring mic communication from all 6 you might not even make it halfway through.

Meanwhile, with group posting board, you could make or join a listing that you could be certain would not be hostile to first-timers like yourself, along with any other needed criteria to set expectations and increase the chances for success before finding yourself in front of the closed door to the Vault of Glass.

I just don't get the aversion to an extra option in the game for those of us who want it, it wouldn't effect you guys at all.
But this is where your argument goes completely off the rails.

I'm advocating for a new option to be added to the game, even though it wouldn't affect me at all. It's just a different one than what you're fixated on. I aggressively support an LFG posting board being added to the tower to allow randoms to quickly find like-minded groups, and frankly, I expect one to make its way into the game eventually. Matchmaking for the raid just isn't the right answer.

Jito

Banned
Even if it takes 1 hour to get a group it takes just as long to complete the whole thing if enough experienced people join.

An hour to get a group together?! Is that the definition of quick for looking for a raid group? Well I'm off to work now but that guy above just posted looking for a group, I'll check back in an hour to see what progress he's made.

You're really going to try, right?

And I'm saying that happiness you're talking about, that willingness to "take your chances," "just like in strikes and PVP," is so far removed from the coordination and communication required for the raid that if you don't get extremely lucky to the tune of 5 individual players, you might regret even trying. Never having done the raid you certainly won't be able to lead and instruct the group (will you?) and barring mic communication from all 6 you might not even make it halfway through.

Meanwhile, with group posting board, you could make or join a listing that you could be certain would not be hostile to first-timers like yourself, along with any other needed criteria to set expectations and increase the chances for success before finding yourself in front of the closed door to the Vault of Glass.

But this is where your argument goes completely off the rails.

I'm advocating for a new option to be added to the game, even though it wouldn't affect me at all. It's just a different one than what you're fixated on. I aggressively support an LFG posting board being added to the tower to allow randoms to quickly find like-minded groups, and frankly, I expect one to make its way into the game eventually. Matchmaking for the raid just isn't the right answer.

Yes I am going to try get a group when I can.

Frankly though, I don't like the way you're talking down to me so I'm just not going to continue this discussion.

Zakalwe

Banned
Just because an option wouldn't affect us, doesn't make it a smart design choice for the content.

Also, Jito, you seem highly intolerant of lower skilled players. Not meaning to be confrontational here, but I really don't think raid matchmaking would suit that kind of temperament. I think you'd have a horrible time.

I think you'd enjoy it a hell if a lot more if you took the time and got to know the regular raiders here. We always run the raid, like constantly. Highly likely we'd have a spot free if you asked, and almost certain your experience would be worlds better than MM.

Steroyd

An hour to get a group together?! Is that the definition of quick for looking for a raid group? Well I'm off to work now but that guy above just posted looking for a group, I'll check back in an hour to see what progress he's made..

No I only said that as a possibility if you had a random 3 hours to spare.

There's also the Nightfall/Raid group thread and Raid Gaf on Bungie.net, if you wanted to really speed things up.

Zakalwe

Banned
An hour to get a group together?! Is that the definition of quick for looking for a raid group? Well I'm off to work now but that guy above just posted looking for a group, I'll check back in an hour to see what progress he's made.

Sometimes it can take an hour. The content itself will take you 2-3 your first time. Maybe longer.

What would you prefer?

1 hour to find an experienced group of good players that will get you an almost guaranteed completion?

Or Mm with a high chance half your group is going to be inexperienced, frustrating for you, and probably prevent you from completing?

Also, many times I've posted "looking for raid" and found a spot in minutes. It varies.

Kalamari

How can I keep getting shards for leveling up? There's nothing I can get rewards for anymore. Bought the legendaries and sharded them too. How can I rack up shards this time of the week? Besides dailies of course.

Run the raid, if you have shitty luck, you'll end up with lots of shards.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Gonna shard this Heart of Praxic Fire that I have for a warlock. Prob not gonna make one anytime soon.

What level is your main? I would hold of on sharding exotics right away unless it's a dupe of something you already have. Trust me, you'll regret it.

EL CUCO

You may not see why but there are really good reasons! Instead of rehashing them, could I instead ask what your reasons are for opposing an in-game LFG/group posting board instead?

In-game? I'm 100% for it. Anything that helps make the process easier, I can back.

I'm thankful to be on GAF, where I know such awesome people. I have other friends that don't like to mingle on forums and such. They don't have the same luxury. I see it all the time. I ask "do you have anyone you can invite?" they say no, because they only have 5 friends or something like that. Lol

Am I saying MM is the solution? No. Is it an option? sure. Heck maybe voice chat in the tower, or during patrol will help. But right now, it's poorly thought out and borderline lazy (LAZY DEVS!)

I dont have time to explain why I dont have time explain why I dont have time to form a Raid group :p

Hey looking to get a group together for a normal raid at about 8pm GMT on PS4, drop me a PM or message on PSN (Lalaland, just mention GAF not online just now). Myself (lvl 28 titan) and a mate (lvl28 hunter). We've no idea what we're doing so don't care if you don't either (I will check out YT guides before then). Of course if you know what you're doing we'd be delighted to have you too!

Deku Tree

I did the Devil's lair strike with my then level 8 warlock alt last night... one player was terrible and the other player didn't want to revive anyone and was just playing as if it was a solo mission... we got to the tank and got it down to a sliver of life and me and the terrible player got killed by an accidental tank blast and the solo guy kept playing for a bit not even trying to revive us then he died and we wiped... and then he quit... then i had to basically solo the tank while constantly reviving the terrible player... then we got to the boss and we wiped once after getting sepiks prime down to a sliver of health (basically I was solo'ing it and constantly reviving the terrible player) and then the terrible player quit... and then I was solo'ing sepiks and then finally two other players got put into the fight and we made short work of the boss.

yeah matchmaking sucks... anyone who wants that for the rest of the game... i don't think you realize what your asking for...

Drain You

Helping a friend do the raid who has never done it, need one more on Xbox Live, normal raid.

tag: If you must

looking to start like now.

I just realized that I don't even have half of the regulars here on my friends list. Wish I wasn't at work and could raid right now. I've done hard atheon twice this week, but this late in the week it's hard to find someone looking for a fresh go at it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I did the Devil's lair strike with my then level 8 warlock alt last night... one player was terrible and the other player didn't want to revive anyone and was just playing as if it was a solo mission... we got to the tank and got it down to a sliver of life and me and the terrible player got killed by an accidental tank blast and the solo guy kept playing for a bit not even trying to revive us then he died and we wiped... and then he quit... then i had to basically solo the tank while constantly reviving the terrible player... then we got to the boss and we wiped once after getting sepiks prime down to a sliver of health (basically I was solo'ing it and constantly reviving the terrible player) and then the terrible player quit... and then I was solo'ing sepiks and then finally two other players got put into the fight and we made short work of the boss.

yeah matchmaking sucks... anyone who wants that for the rest of the game... i don't think you realize what your asking for...
I see complaints about how crappy randoms can be in Tiger Strikes from matchmaking every single day in here, and I've experienced them myself. Odds are high of running into one or both players going completely AFK (either maliciously, hoping to be carried, or legitimately- who knows), and I wind up soloing essentially the entire thing. It's not that big of a deal, because it's possible; I can solo all of them at Tiger level pretty simply at this point. So I just do so and move on. But that's not an option for the raid or anywhere close.

X-Frame

Anyone raiding normal on ps4 today?

Yup! PSN: X-Frame. Going to look to start the earliest in an hour?

I just realized that I don't even have half of the regulars here on my friends list. Wish I wasn't at work and could raid right now. I've done hard atheon twice this week, but this late in the week it's hard to find someone looking for a fresh go at it.

I still need to do it fresh on my Hunter. Level 28. Was planning on looking for a group in about an hour or so the earliest, but can do it any time the rest of the day.

rNilla

I still think Flawless attempts are kind of crazy but I actually feel pretty confident about getting to Atheon with my Hunter on Normal. The rest is up to RNGesus.

Yup! PSN: X-Frame. Going to look to start the earliest in an hour?

I still need to do it fresh on my Hunter. Level 28. Was planning on looking for a group in about an hour or so the earliest, but can do it any time the rest of the day.

I'll be lucky to get on before 10pm est and even then I'll only have a couple of hours. I think at this point I have to come to grips that it won't happen this week. Luckily I have off on Wednesday, so I think I may hold off on the nightfall and jump on any and all possible raids Tuesday night. #forever29

Wait a minute...

tumblr_liorekLYMy1qitfwho1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom