• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leveled FWC to rank 3, got a single ass energy, thanks a bunch.

Yeah I've leveled all 3 factions and haven't gotten shit. It's such bullshit considering how much work it is to level a faction to 3. that's just incompetence on Bungie's part. They applied RNG to everything in the game without any thought.

Didnt noticed the raid gear can get random stats,I got the raid armor set with str stats, my friend got his armor set with int stats, what.

My first raid set was all strength. My character had 0 intellect. I thought that's how the raid set was designed until I got my duplicates later with better stats. Had to spend more shards but it's worth it

phen0m24

holy balls. I should probably do stuff like that more often. I work with people who are sticking close, but if they're wandering off or just sitting still I just speed through as fast as I can on my own. It never occurred to me to look back with the deathcam and see what they are actually up to. that is just beyond the pale, I'm glad you didn't finish it off for them.

So next time we do the daily or Nightfall can I just eat popcorn and warch you, or better yet, just do Share Play. ;) haha lol

todd360

Don't hurt yourself.

Gunslinger is the superior subclass for PvE by far. I feel like each class has a subclass that's better for PvP and one that's better for PvE as it stands. Although I prefer Gunslinger in Crucible atm.

Also after a break from the vault of ass, I probably wouldn't mind helping people who still haven't done it when the dlc comes out provided I have time.

I feel sick to my stomach. To much popcorn. To much hype.

Deku Tree

What makes more sense for the Nightfall and Raid: Fully upgraded Suros Regime or non-upgraded Atheon's Epilogue?

Always Suros unless it's a void burn nightfall or unless you don't want to use your exotic slot on your Suros.

A fully upgraded Suros takes down oracles on Hard faster than a fully upgraded AE BTW.

GhaleonEB

Niice which sniper?

I don't remember - something II. I'll look again when I hop on, I did my end of play session tower run, got the gun and hopped off from there. The perk tree is lengthy.

I also upgraded my new scout rifle with exploding rounds. I figured it would have a minor effect but holy crap was it an upgrade. It dishes tons of extra damage, to both body and head shots, and seems to stagger guys as well. Blowing stuff up with every trigger pull is pretty damn satisfying.

Gunslinger is the superior subclass for PvE by far. I feel like each class has a subclass that's better for PvP and one that's better for PvE as it stands. Although I prefer Gunslinger in Crucible atm.

Also after a break from the vault of ass, I probably wouldn't mind helping people who still haven't done it when the dlc comes out provided I have time.
Yeah, I don't know why I took so long to go back to gunslinger. I love the idea of blade dancer but it sure never worked out well during boss fights. It's already helped me out of several pinches.

gatti-man

When does iron banner go up again? I need one last 30 piece for my lock then im all done and set at 30 for all my characters. Maybe take a break and play cod or get back in the gym.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So next time we do the daily or Nightfall can I just eat popcorn and warch you, or better yet, just do Share Play. ;) haha lol
Nooo I need your AE for void burns and your Sun singing!
What makes more sense for the Nightfall and Raid: Fully upgraded Suros Regime or non-upgraded Atheon's Epilogue?
Well for the raid, fully upgraded SR no question. AE is incredibly difficult to use before upgrading to get Perfect Balance.

That said, for THIS week's Nightfall? Raw AE no question. it is laughably good in the nexus this week.
I don't remember - something II. I'll look again when I hop on, I did my end of play session tower run, got the gun and hopped off from there. The perk tree is lengthy.

I also upgraded my new scout rifle with exploding rounds. I figured it would have a minor effect but holy crap was it an upgrade. It dishes tons of extra damage, to both body and head shots, and seems to stagger guys as well. Blowing stuff up with every trigger pull is pretty damn satisfying.
I just got a scout with "precision kills cause explosions" last night, I am rather psyched.

Ambitious

I am now level 24 and just got my first legendary via a blue (purple?) engram drop - a sniper rifle.

I switched off blade dancer as it was increasingly not useful in PvE - all the powerful enemies have massive AOE melees. I might be ready for the Vault around the time the expansion comes out and no one wants to play it any longer. Woo!

Don't worry about that. By the time the DLC is released, there will still be plenty of players who don't have all weapons dropped in the VoG. Many will also be missing raid gear.

Besides, it still makes sense to do the first raid even after receiving all loot drops, as it provides you with loads of ascendent materials, either directly or indirectly (gear to dismantle).

X-Frame

Does it make sense that in order to maximize the pool of raid armor you can get in the raid, you should do a Normal raid first, followed by a Hard raid?

Reason being in Hard there are additional items that could drop (e.g. Fatebringer) and you could theoretically get 2x Fatebringer at a checkpoint. But of you did that same checkpoint twice, Normal then Hard, you'd have a higher chance of the Normal pool of items (e.g. Raid Armor).

Deku Tree

I'm in no way fond of using AE in hard raid but it still takes down oracles faster than suros.

VoC > AE > Suros as far as oracles are concerned.

I don't have AE or VoC yet (RNGesus hates me) and I'm not doubting you... but I have played with more than one person who has both fully upgraded who said Suros takes down oracles faster than AE on Hard. However I will just believe you are right because I don't have both.

Since getting the VoC, I still prefer the Epilogue for Oracles. I never find myself so far away that the extra range has any real effect. Felt like I was taking them down slower as well.

phen0m24

Nooo I need your AE for void burns and your Sun singing!

Well for the raid, fully upgraded SR no question. AE is incredibly difficult to use before upgrading to get Perfect Balance.

Mwahaha you keep me around for the commentary. Lol!!

I leveled the Epilogue in a week. It can be done. :)

I currently have 3 VoCs, one Upgraded to (without) oracle damage buff, one upgraded to (and with) oracle buff, and one fully upgraded.

Is there any data on what the oracle damage buff does, or will I have to sneak into a raid trying to test this myself?

Alucrid

Banned
Does it make sense that in order to maximize the pool of raid armor you can get in the raid, you should do a Normal raid first, followed by a Hard raid?

Reason being in Hard there are additional items that could drop (e.g. Fatebringer) and you could theoretically get 2x Fatebringer at a checkpoint. But of you did that same checkpoint twice, Normal then Hard, you'd have a higher chance of the Normal pool of items (e.g. Raid Armor).

No, you don't get two hard drops, you get one normal drop and one hard drop.

Deku Tree

I have never heard of anybody getting Fatebringer twice... that would be nice. Seriously nobody really knows how Bungies RNG reward system works exactly... except that it's random (or "pseudo-random" since no computer can actually do something in a completely random way). Without that info it is hard to say if you are right or wrong.

It could be that there is a slot for normal drops and a slot for hard drops and they don't mix in which case it wouldn't matter if you did normal first or if you only did Hard. Or it could be that there are no slots and you can possibly get several hard items in the same loot pool and no normal items, in which case your point make be the right thing to do. I'm not sure if anyone knows though...

EDIT:

No, you don't get two hard drops, you get one normal drop and one hard drop.

Is there any kind of confirmation out there on this either from Bungie or due to player data and experiments?

I don't have AE or VoC yet (RNGesus hates me) and I'm not doubting you... but I have played with more than one person who has both fully upgraded who said Suros takes down oracles faster than AE on Hard. However I will just believe you are right because I don't have both.

There are usually 2 players shooting oracles in the portal. Unless both are using suros, they really can't tell how much better or worse it is than AE. I've tried a variety of weapons in all parts of the raid, AE is definitely top tier for oracles.

Since getting the VoC, I still prefer the Epilogue for Oracles. I never find myself so far away that the extra range has any real effect. Felt like I was taking them down slower as well.

Oracles die faster with a fast shooting lower damage weapon than a slow shooting higher damage one, that's been my experience.

Alucrid

Banned
I have never heard of anybody getting Fatebringer twice... that would be nice. Seriously nobody really knows how Bungies RNG reward system works exactly... except that it's random (or "pseudo-random" since no computer can actually do something in a completely random way). Without that info it is hard to say if you are right or wrong.

It could be that there is a slot for normal drops and a slot for hard drops and they don't mix in which case it wouldn't matter if you did normal first or if you only did Hard. Or it could be that there are no slots and you can possibly get several hard items in the same loot pool and no normal items, in which case your point make be the right thing to do. I'm not sure if anyone knows though...

Well, so far, I have yet to see anyone post about getting two hard mode weapons in one drop and I'm sure by now that would have happened once. Plus the raid tracker seems to indicate that it's two separate pools.

ocean

Banned
Can't speak for VoC but I can definitely vouch for AE over SR. The Epilogue really rips through them if you use Perfect Balance and make sure all your shots hit.

Well, so far, I have yet to see anyone post about getting two hard mode weapons in one drop and I'm sure by now that would have happened once. Plus the raid tracker seems to indicate that it's two separate pools.

Also there is zero guarantee of hard raid drop if you do hard raid. I always thought that doing hard first for double loot would give better results, but was I wrong. It's just more likely to double up on normal drops. RNG is a bitch.

NastyBook

Just saw this post at 9gag:

aLQ1nWA_700b_v1.jpg

I'm baffled that Bungie spend so much money on voice acting, when the npc's being voiced are more dull than watching the grass grow. Seriously everytime I'm in the Tower I'd wish the npc were as characteristic as those in Demon's Souls.

Oh last night I played the raid for the second time with my Hunter. I got the raid gloves twice. Guess what I got the first time I played the raid.. Fucking rng.
Old girl that does Lakshmi 2 was in an episode of Law & Order SVU. Love her pack a day voice.

But yeah, outside of a few VA veterans on that list, they could've paid others like them and not had to worry about coughing up money to hear all those superstars read more lines.

Deku Tree

I saw someone posting here last night about getting two Raid helmets dropping in the same Hard Atheon fight. They could both be from the same "hard" pool though because you can get up to three items from only the hard drop right?

I got two Raid Helmets from the same fight/drop. You think it's not possible with exotic weapons?

edit: oh, totp! better post a destiny picture

here's a human, an exo, and an awoken or whatever

Seed_destiny01.jpg

zewone

It's not separate pools. I've seen multiple hard drops. Someone got two Fatebringers and I've seen two helmets drop.

Alucrid

Banned
It's not separate pools. I've seen multiple hard drops. Someone got two Fatebringers and I've seen two helmets drop.

Well, then I guess one normal and one hard raid is the way to go. Of course I imagine you'll just get fucked over twice instead.

I saw someone posting here last night about getting two Raid helmets dropping in the same Hard Atheon fight. They could both be from the same "hard" pool though because you can get up to three items from only the hard drop right?

Atheon is the only boss that can drop double hard raid gear. I've seen players get two raid helmets too.

phen0m24

Fig did you helium farm yet? That loop njoi did on YouTube worked really well.

Loving the Epilogue. Getting used to hip firing it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom