• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't worry about that. By the time the DLC is released, there will still be plenty of players who don't have all weapons dropped in the VoG. Many will also be missing raid gear.

Besides, it still makes sense to do the first raid even after receiving all loot drops, as it provides you with loads of ascendent materials, either directly or indirectly (gear to dismantle).
Yeah- there will definitely still be plenty of VoG groups of various skill/experience levels being formed one month and one week from now.

except the game will be dead of course, which complicates things

I'm in no way fond of using AE in hard raid but it still takes down oracles faster than suros.

VoC > AE > Suros as far as oracles are concerned.

Have you tried hip firing Suros for the oracles? They don't have a critical spot and are pretty easy to hit without ADS. They go fast. Legit curious since my AE isn't at 300 and I don't have VoC.

Steroyd

Holy shit Claudia Black really is in Destiny!! I thought that was my inner fanboy playing tricks on me.

Madness with all that talent plus Peter Dinklage and all the NPC's lack personality that registers to the brain.

Except Rahool, he's a dick through and through.

Have you tried hip firing Suros for the oracles? They don't have a critical spot and are pretty easy to hit with ADS. They go fast. Legit curious since my AE isn't at 300 and I don't have VoC.

Yes I have. You also need 1 full clip per Oracle with Suros while AE can do the job in about 50-60% clip. Less reloading = faster killing of oracles.

Epilogue is much better for Oracles than Suros. Suros is pretty shit honestly unless you hip fire.

I still enjoy using Suros in conflux stage, the staggering bullets work wonders with the mobs.

Ridli

I've got a question about the firefly perk for scout rifles(explosion on precision hit). I thought that this does less single target DPS as the damage is reduced to 50% when it applies the AOE. Is this true? I'm looking to get a scout next week and I'd like to confirm.

milkham

I've got a question about the firefly perk for scout rifles(explosion on precision hit). I thought that this does less single target DPS as the damage is reduced to 50% when it applies the AOE. Is this true? I'm looking to get a scout next week and I'd like to confirm.

I think you're confusing Firefly with explosive rounds

Yes I have. You also need 1 full clip per Oracle with Suros while AE can do the job in about 50-60% clip. Less reloading = faster killing of oracles.

I still enjoy using Suros in conflux stage, the staggering bullets work wonders with the mobs.

My Suro has 33 rounds, and my AE has 70. You're saying that it it takes roughly the same amount of shots from the AE as the Suros? Do the oracles have a different gauge then HP or something? AE does have the oracle disruptor, but it has like 1/8th the impact. The oracle disruptor doesn't have much of an affect on my Fatebringer. I'm just trying to figure out how this works.

My Suro has 33 rounds, and my AE has 70. You're saying that it it takes roughly the same amount of shots from the AE as the Suros? Do the oracles have a different gauge then HP or something? AE does have the oracle disruptor, but it has like 1/8th the impact. The oracle disruptor doesn't have much of an affect on my Fatebringer. I'm just trying to figure out how this works.

Suros takes about 28 bullets per oracle, that means you have to reload for the next one.

AE takes about 40 bullets, so I don't need to reload since I can just throw the hunters knife at the second Oracle instead of waiting to reload.

FB seems to be less effective on oracles, I think most players have reported this.

Navid

Question for all you Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer folk, do you recommend the Field Scout perk or Perfect Balance/Explosive Rounds respectively for those weapons?

milkham

Okay, I did not realize there was more than one perk giving this.

they're not the same thing, explosive rounds blow up every shot whatever you hit. firefly makes the dead enemies bodies explode when you kill them with precision damage

Question for all you Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer folk, do you recommend the Field Scout perk or Perfect Balance/Explosive Rounds respectively for those weapons?

Field scout. Most people don't realize that it also gives you bonus reserve ammo, not just an extra bullet as in the case of the FB.

FB: Explosive rounds for PvP but Field scout for PvE.

VoC: Perfect balance for PvP but Field scout for PvE

Just my preferences, don't play a lot of pvp

I was under the impression that Oracle Disruptor is just a random chance for shots to do really high (like x4) damage. It's more RNG!

Ridli

they're not the same thing, explosive rounds blow up every shot whatever you hit. firefly makes the dead enemies bodies explode when you kill them with precision damage

Thanks for the clarification. Reddit was being confusing and when I was shopping nearly every vendor scout has firefly as a mandatory perk. I thought I was gonna have to grind out another rep.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Field scout and balance, usually

jaaz

Epilogue is much better for Oracles than Suros. Suros is pretty shit honestly unless you hip fire.

I just got it the other day. Is it worth using energy to upgrade it to 300? I have a VoC upgraded to 300 already. It seems the lack of impact makes it useless anywhere but in the raid.

rNilla

I was under the impression that Oracle Disruptor is just a random chance for shots to do really high (like x4) damage. It's more RNG!
That would explain why I occasionally do 400 (maybe more?) damage to Oracles instead of 200. It doesn't seem to be very often though.

EDIT: This is my experience with VoC.

Greenymac

Took my hunter alt through the raid just now...All ass mats until Atheon...he drops chatterwhite and Vision of Confluence for me. Needed that!

X-Frame

Okay, Level 28 Hunter looking for a fresh Normal raid group.

If there are no current groups forming, I can put together a list.

Suros takes about 28 bullets per oracle, that means you have to reload for the next one.

AE takes about 40 bullets, so I don't need to reload since I can just throw the hunters knife at the second Oracle instead of waiting to reload.

FB seems to be less effective on oracles, I think most players have reported this.

Good to know. I do the hunter knife thing too...

I'll try harder to upgrade my AE then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom