• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

So, on my titan I decided I am going to switch to a setup centered Helm of Saint since I have enough shards from raids and such to hit 29 or get close.

I hope the material grind doesn't drive me insane and make me quit.

I need:
16 x 3 spinmetal to max the Helm of Saint-14
16 x 4 helium filaments to max my Kabr's Wrath raid chest piece

Thanks Bungie this is just ridiculous. Oh well, CoD: AW comes out tomorrow I'll play that inbetween material farming

Really sucks you cant get materials when you shard legendaries. Sharding legendary plate will only net me shards & plates. No relic iron. FRAK

ERMint13

So apparently vault deleting all your items is legitimate issue in the game after all ;)

Source

So what happens if you just have gear in their normally? I have a ton of exotics stored in there but I do swap gear between characters. Is it only the gear you are transferring that deletes or is it the entire contents of the vault?

DjRalford

So, on my titan I decided I am going to switch to a setup centered Helm of Saint since I have enough shards from raids and such to hit 29 or get close.

I hope the material grind doesn't drive me insane and make me quit.

I need:
16 x 3 spinmetal to max the Helm of Saint-14
16 x 4 helium filaments to max my Kabr's Wrath raid chest piece

Thanks Bungie this is just ridiculous. Oh well, CoD: AW comes out tomorrow I'll play that inbetween material farming

Really sucks you cant get materials when you shard legendaries. Sharding legendary plate will only net me shards & plates. No relic iron. FRAK

Divide chest and node run will get all your spinmetal in about 30 minutes.

Archers line run will do your helium in about 45mins

Tedious I know but everything done in an hour and a half tops.

patchday

So apparently vault deleting all your items is legitimate issue in the game after all ;)

Source

Thats a terrifying bug. I dont even want to think bout what I'd do if I'll my loot got lost like that. I bank eveyrthing I trade between characters: armor, guns, & crap.

Will take a photo of my vault just incase but its overflowing with purples and exotic guns. And there's a growing collection of legendary+ armor

lunlunqq

Still would have been shitty design.

Oh, you're struggling? Let's make it even harder for you!

You should only lose ammo when switching between weapons.

It's shitty "design" for sure; but it seems to be consistent with the overall design philosophy Bungie had with this game; so I just assumed it's by design… Bungie, plz!!!!

patchday

Divide chest and node run will get all your spinmetal in about 30 minutes.

Archers line run will do your helium in about 45mins

Tedious I know but everything done in an hour and a half tops.

Hm, it appears I'm not a very good farmer. I use rocket yards for spinmetal. Helium I just run the whole moon lol. Will look up those routes

At least the good news is I don't need relic iron much :) Mars is the most hostile of all too me

DjRalford

Hm, it appears I'm not a very good farmer. I use rocket yards for spinmetal. Helium I just run the whole moon lol. Will look up those routes

At least the good news is I don't need relic iron much :) Mars is the most hostile of all too me

Even relic iron you can get 100/hr in scablands fairly trouble free.

lunlunqq

Moon and Mars both have pretty good farm routes which will give you quick mats, glimmers, and engrams from time to time. Do look them up. They probably won't make the whole farming experience a positive to you; but they will surely make them much less annoying.

matmanx1

It's been a fun weekend with some very good luck for my on Destiny. Friday started with Xur selling the Armamentarium (which I had been wanting but missed on previous weeks) and then by Saturday night I had enough motes of light to buy an Exotic engram which decrypted into Helm of Innmost light.

Armamentarium will be more useful to me overall with my playstyle but the Helm of Innmost light will give me some flexibility as I start to raid in case I don't see a helmet for a while. It's a win-win.

Then this morning I had a legendary engram drop from a dreg which decrypted into a legendary helm which I promptly dismantled for 3 shards. These 3 shards allowed me to upgrade my gloves which leveled me to 28!

Now if I could just finish my Invective and Thorn bounties...

Tovarisc

So what happens if you just have gear in their normally? I have a ton of exotics stored in there but I do swap gear between characters. Is it only the gear you are transferring that deletes or is it the entire contents of the vault?

Everything, whole vault, gets wiped.

Finally learned how to use the relic. Damn. Well that's always a good thing

Thanks Etho, Dante, et al. Was a lot of fun.

Only 2 glitches. The relic shield didn't work like twice. One time it sent through 2 people.

That's about it.

Chatterwhite and Atheon's Epilogue are now a part of the family

patchday

Even relic iron you can get 100/hr in scablands fairly trouble free.

I run scablands for relic iron. Just run in circle for chests right? Such poor game design, sigh...

At least with the other types they're easier to find around the map. While leveling up my titan alt I accumulated bout 40+ spirit bloom w/o having to run in circles.

that reminds me I should get this CoD: Aw download going. I really do love this game but its because of shit like material farming I usually avoid online rpgs like the plague. And I hate these devs for forcing me to do this shit to progress

Alright Gaf, my Uncle is a Lvl 29 Warlock, he almost has both classes maxed out.

He's looking for a group to do the Vault of Glass and he's also down for anything else (Weekly and Nightly Heroic and what not).

He's PSN is BADD_PREDATOR. He is ready to play imidiately and is pretty good. Send him a friend request if you need one more player or if you gave enough players for the Vault.

DjRalford

I run scablands for relic iron. Just run in circle for chests right? Such poor game design, sigh...

At least with the other types they're easier to find around the map. While leveling up my titan alt I accumulated bout 40+ spirit bloom w/o having to run in circles.

that reminds me I should get this CoD: Aw download going. I really do love this game but its because of shit like material farming I usually avoid online rpgs like the plague. And I hate these devs for forcing me to do this shit to progress

It's mindnumbing for sure, and they should be a purchasable item somehow, but I usually mix some bounties in with the farming so it's less boring.

Gordon

Now if I could just finish my Invective and Thorn bounties...
Invective missive is nice and short. If you're going to focus on one that one's quick. The gun is a little underwhelming though, for an exotic, so I guess you get what you pay for. Not bad though.

ethomaz

Banned
Thanks @Dante316 and the others guys... it was the best normal Raid in terms of drops I ever did.

Boots, Gloves, Chest, Monte Carlo and shards.

My Titan alt is ready for lvl 30 in one run.

DjRalford

Thanks @Dante316 and the others guys... it was the best normal Raid in terms of drops I ever did.

Boots, Gloves, Chest, Monte Carlo and shards.

My Titan alt is ready for lvl 30 in one run.

Expect hate, lots and lots of hate.

Congrats on the drops though, RNGesus loves you for sure.

Daemul

I've decided just to join the club and create an alt, not to improve my chances of getting top end gear or weapons, since I already have nearly all of it lol, but just to have something extra to do in Destiny with my mates, who are all levelling alts, so I'm just joining up. I'm just going to have one alt though, the pain of having to slog through the story two extra times is too much for me to bear. One more is enough.

P.s. This vault bug is a major worry.

Krelian

Yeah what a stupid loot system. I am surprised you didnt get at least a chest piece. Both my characters got chest pieces on their first run., Now each class (hunter/titan) has two chest pieces with different stats
I finished my first raid today, didn't get any raid gear either but at least some good weapons and chatterwhite.

lunlunqq

try the buried city run, then. a lot shorter with roughly the same amount of chests. More enemy encounters with a high cabal major spawn rate. I run my "kill 10 cabal major/ultra" bounty there and can usually get it done in minutes. It's also a great place to farm glimmers if you pop a resupply order right before you start the run.

Daemul

So it seems that losing ammo when you die is a bug according to this forum post. Equipping items that allow you to carry additional ammo also causes you to lose it when you die.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/76279585

I knew it, I fucking knew it. I never lost any ammo back when I was a low level and had no bonuses on my armour, then all of a sudden I started losing ammo after cutscenes and after death, it made no sense. Good on the Redditor for finding the source of the bug.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I am terrified of how well tested Crota's is.
I bet that shit will also be a cheese fest a week in. Then instead of fixing any inevitable bugs that come with the raid, they'll spend all their time fixing cheeses instead.

Speaking of which, the worst part about no raid matchmaking is that all the high level players (and I assume most of the people here with 29s and 30s) are just going to stop playing VoG completely because there is no point in doing it once the new DLC comes out. Thanks Bungie.

Make sure you wear a headset any tie you're farming materials since you can hear both chests and materials and makes farming a lot easier

Tovarisc

Did they even test this game?

1 year ago in Bungies board meeting;

Big boss: "So, we have something called QA in our budget. Does anyone know what this is for?"

<blank stares as board members look at eachother, baffled>

Big boss: "Well then. We better cut this QA department from out budget as no one knows what it's for. This way we can save X M$ / 6 months and get that pay increase for board members!"

<cheering>

Alright Gaf, my Uncle is a Lvl 29 Warlock, he almost has both classes maxed out.

He's looking for a group to do the Vault of Glass and he's also down for anything else (Weekly and Nightly Heroic and what not).

He's PSN is BADD_PREDATOR. He is ready to play imidiately and is pretty good. Send him a friend request if you need one more player or if you gave enough players for the Vault.

I'll just leave this here for a awesome comunity.

X-Frame

Just to confirm with everyone, Hard Mode raid gives double the chance of getting all 4 pieces of raid gear? Excluding the Helm.

Mindlog

If I lost everything in my vault I'd return the fuck out of my game the same day.
I want everyone to know right now that I had 2000 of every material in my vault and it just disappeared. Bungie please return 2000 of every material to my vault.

You can keep the exotics. I didn't give a shit about those anyway.
Someone photoshop me some evidence please. We can all share it. We collected them during our farming parties.

lunlunqq

Wow, someone in that "lost everything in the vault" thread mentioned that it's possible for just a few pieces of equipment to disappear from your vault if you put in stuff and quit the vault too fast… That's just scary. We may have all lost something without even realizing it. D:

GobFather

Wow, someone in that "lost everything in the vault" thread mentioned that it's possible for just a few pieces of equipment to disappear from your vault if you put in stuff and quit the vault too fast… That's just scary. We may have all lost something without even realizing it. D:

must take screenshot everything i add or reorganize my vault :(

Namikaze1

1280403082_gob-and-lindsay-chicken-dance.gif
tumblr_myt0umBJfa1ss4hobo6_400.gif

Bring it, fig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom