• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

This game has the worst spawns in any game I've ever played.

Don't play CoD: AWs FFA then :b

Even worse than Destiny spawns.

I want everyone to know right now that I had 2000 of every material in my vault and it just disappeared. Bungie please return 2000 of every material to my vault.

I wouldn't be even surprised if Bungie needs to ask people what they had in vault before everything disappeared. Same time I want to believe they have decent system in place for tracking player accounts [characters + vaults on top of stats] so they can rollback stuff when required.

3rd time going through the story....is this what hell is like?

Just purgatory. Hell is when you start to "farm" bulletsponge strikes for blue engrams so maybe some day those alts are level 26.

Angry Guy

If I lost everything in my vault I'd return the fuck out of my game the same day.

"Issues with the Vault" my ass, it's a total fucking reset on potentially weeks of all your progress. This is a LOOT GAME, for FUCK'S SAKE.

I don't even want to play this fucking game until I know for 100% certain that it's fixed, and even then I won't feel at ease again because I have no faith in their word when they say they've taken care of something.

I cannot in my life ever remember being so scared of what a developer is going to do with their own game post-release, not only on a logic and decision-making level, but with basic competency on testing and debug.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck transferring my shit over to the character I'm raiding with my regulars with tonight.

Fuck.

Namikaze1

I'm putting 5000 glimmer on Fig. Sorry, Nami.
cm-punk.gif

shem935

Banned
Just purgatory. Hell is when you start to "farm" bulletsponge strikes for blue engrams so maybe some day those alts are level 26.

Get out jail free card: Rerolling the same class! :D
Only to have my gear teleport out of my vault. Working as intended

Deku Tree

Just to confirm with everyone, Hard Mode raid gives double the chance of getting all 4 pieces of raid gear? Excluding the Helm.

Hard mode raid gives double loot in four places (templar oracles, templar boss, gatekeepers, atheon), if you already did normal raid, then hard mode raid gives an extra set of loot. But all chests except the first Gorgon's chest do not give anything twice. The loot drops are somehow computer randomized. Some drops are known to only come from certain bosses. Some drops only come from certain bosses on Hard mode.

It seems like there is some sort of probabilistic weighting to what items drop. It does not appear to be equally likely that any item in the item pool for any given drop will drop for you. This is because so many people appear to do the RAID and get Shards and Energies a lot more than anything else.

Other than that info I don't know that anyone can say anything definitive other than Bungie and they aren't talking...

If we somehow collected all the data of what everyone got so far from every drop on every difficulty then it would probably be really easy to figure out the probability of any given item dropping from any given checkpoint at any difficulty level. But as far as I know that isn't happening...

Deku Tree

I got my warlock alt to level 16 in under 7 hours. Now she's using the strangers rifle. Didn't do any mars missions yet, or any PvP.

Tovarisc

I got my warlock alt to level 16 in under 7 hours. Now she's using the strangers rifle. Didn't do any mars missions yet, or any PvP.

It's such OP weapon for leveling rest of the way. Keeping that bad boy in vault just for time when I'm going to level titan.

Is the Raid Gear always the same design per class or is there multiple?

Always same model per slot per class.

Datamining shows that there is 2 armor sets per class in VoG, but we only have access to one of them.

Hiko

Banned
Here's my raid went today:

First chest: shards
Oracles: shards
Templar: Praedyth's Revenge (already had it)
Second chest: spirit bloom
Third chest: shards
Fourth chest: shards
Gatekeeper: shards
Atheon: Chatterwhite (already had it) and more shards

At least I ran it with a good group so I didn't waste much time.

WelcomeNowhere

Neo Member
Looking to start a hard mode raid group. Can start at either beginning, or I have a checkpoint to confluxes where my group stopped because we decided it was too late. Have a level 30 hunter and Titan. Ps4, looking to start asap. Send message or friend request, psn is same as gaf name.

rNilla

Lots of bullshit going on in the Vault today. Praetorians and Gatekeepers magically getting their health back, nullifying my 'horn rockets.

BurningNad

Legendary Engram drop! Woo!

2x Ascended Energy, boo.

But, it leveled up the Cryptarch! Woo!

TWO LEGENDARY WEAPON ENGRAMS OMGZ0RZ

4x Ascended Energy :(

X-Frame

Lots of bullshit going on in the Vault today. Praetorians and Gatekeepers magically getting their health back, nullifying my 'horn rockets.

We had Vex instantly spawn already at the Confluxes and already mid-sacrifice animation -- it was nuts. Such BS. There was no way to stop them. Good thing it didn't happen enough to set us back.

Tovarisc

Vault has been like this for my raid group for several weeks now. Enemies gaining HP back, randomly spawning right top of us or confluxes etc.

WarWolf

That was happening to my raid groups yesterday and today. As if Praetorians aren't enough of a pain in the ass.

rNilla

That was happening to my raid groups yesterday and today. As if Praetorians aren't enough of a pain in the ass.
Especially on hard.

"Oh that significant amount of damage you just saw? Never mind, didn't happen. But here's a Minotaur in your face!"

Alright GAF; I need some help. I was running the raid the other night with a group on Normal and we got all the way to Atheon. Was wondering if we can get a group together to help me clear it (my first time through the Raid) PS4 ID zombiemortar

Edit; probably around 8 est

Fitts

Going to be running through Nightfall and the weekly strike on my alt in a few minutes. If anyone still needs them feel free to jump in.

PS4 PSN: EinFurDieDamen

kuppy

Error code kingfisher, one more for my collection I guess.

Nice! Need 4 more!

Anyone else wants to do Hard Raid starting on Gatekeeper? PS4
Add me on PSN: bownser88
I'm doing the daily and some other stuff, when you are ready to start send me a message or invite and I'll be right there.

Alright Gaf, my Uncle is a Lvl 29 Warlock, he almost has both classes maxed out.

He's looking for a group to do the Vault of Glass and he's also down for anything else (Weekly and Nightly Heroic and what not).

He's PSN is BADD_PREDATOR. He is ready to play imidiately and is pretty good. Send him a friend request if you need one more player or if you gave enough players for the Vault.

So no one in this amazingly awesome thread is interested in teaming up with him?

Jumped onto my PS4 to try and get some time in with my poor, neglected PS4 character.

I noticed when I booted the game up that a message came up saying my network was on a strict NAT. First time I had seen the message, and I hadn't changed anything in my settings on the PS4 or on my modem via my computer.

So I did a check on my PS4, and it said I was running NAT type 2 (moderate).

After playing a bit I got dropped by the Impala error, which is apparently just a generalized disconnect error. I'm think the NAT issue might have something to do with it, but Destiny is literally the only game that has given me this error, and what's more it's only the PS4 version giving me this error. The message never comes up on my Xbox One copy.

....Halp? Suggestions?

Jumped onto my PS4 to try and get some time in with my poor, neglected PS4 character.

I noticed when I booted the game up that a message came up saying my network was on a strict NAT. First time I had seen the message, and I hadn't changed anything in my settings on the PS4 or on my modem via my computer.

So I did a check on my PS4, and it said I was running NAT type 2 (moderate).

After playing a bit I got dropped by the Impala error, which is apparently just a generalized disconnect error. I'm think the NAT issue might have something to do with it, but Destiny is literally the only game that has given me this error, and what's more it's only the PS4 version giving me this error. The message never comes up on my Xbox One copy.

....Halp? Suggestions?
There's always the chance that Destiny is just in a bad place right now

Wow, someone in that "lost everything in the vault" thread mentioned that it's possible for just a few pieces of equipment to disappear from your vault if you put in stuff and quit the vault too fast… That's just scary. We may have all lost something without even realizing it. D:

I've lost stuff but I always figured I accidently deleted it

VexyWexy

They need to put Burns on more stuff. Just put them on everything. It makes it so much more interesting when selecting loadouts and forces you to be aware of which enemies can shred your health.

I'd actually play those dreadful Vanguard Strike playlists if they had a random Burn attached every time.

Wow, someone in that "lost everything in the vault" thread mentioned that it's possible for just a few pieces of equipment to disappear from your vault if you put in stuff and quit the vault too fast… That's just scary. We may have all lost something without even realizing it. D:

Cryptarch's gotta get his legendaries somehow...

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't think the game has an insane amount of glitches like some people seem to think, but the slow pace at which updates are rolling out and the lack of changes and fixes across the board is definitely disappointing. The game has a fair amount of issues and we're seeing maybe half a dozen changes in every patch most of which are for the raid. If Bungie was really taking the post-launch support halfway seriously they should be balancing, patching and fixing a lot more things a lot faster than they are right now.

hydruxo

I don't think the game has an insane amount of glitches like some people seem to think, but the slow pace at which updates are rolling out and the lack of changes and fixes across the board is definitely disappointing. The game has a fair amount of issues and we're seeing maybe half a dozen changes in every patch most of which are for the raid. If Bungie was really taking the post-launch support halfway seriously they should be balancing, patching and fixing a lot more things a lot faster than they are right now.

It's really just the raid that is littered with glitches IMO. There's some other ones in PvE and PvP but they aren't as prevalent.The fixes they've put out for the raid thus fair have been to address cheesing bosses, and not fix actual bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom