• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's really just the raid that is littered with glitches IMO. There's some other ones in PvE and PvP but they aren't as prevalent.The fixes they've put out for the raid thus fair have been to address cheesing bosses, and not fix actual bugs.
I don't think it has a crazy amount of glitches, but the longer they stay in the bigger of an annoyance it will become to people (and myself). Them patching exploits before glitches just adds insult to injury.

>game breaking glitch
>exploit
>minor, low priority glitches
>balance issues

makes sense to patch in this order. the problem is bungie doesn't clearly communicate their intentions (patching shrine of oryx to "lower difficulty"), or they'll change something to "meet project goals" and create a mess in the process.

It's really just the raid that is littered with glitches IMO. There's some other ones in PvE and PvP but they aren't as prevalent.The fixes they've put out for the raid thus fair have been to address cheesing bosses, and not fix actual bugs.

There are too many glitches and it's annoying as hell especially when they address things like the atheon teleporting but don't address any of the serious bugs that are present in that encounter. To top it all off they even introduced some more glitches recently.

I don't think the game has an insane amount of glitches like some people seem to think, but the slow pace at which updates are rolling out and the lack of changes and fixes across the board is definitely disappointing. The game has a fair amount of issues and we're seeing maybe half a dozen changes in every patch most of which are for the raid. If Bungie was really taking the post-launch support halfway seriously they should be balancing, patching and fixing a lot more things a lot faster than they are right now.

My issue is that Bungie is prioritizing their ego and 'vision for how players experience the game' over how players are actually playing and, more importantly, ENJOYING their game.

Fixing boss cheesing or the fact that players found a way to determine their own teams because the deviation from your 'vision' gave your ego a boo-boo should not be as a big a priority as say, ongoing connection issues, or glitches that ruin the boss fight (portal glitches being the biggest offenders).

How about you leave the people cheesing the boss for awhile, and ensure that the people TRYING to carry out your vision properly can actually do so without having to deal with amateur-hour bullshit in your networking and programming. How about you fix the real issues and ensure the people playing the way you would like them to are enjoying it, rather than force EVERYBODY to play it how you want them to and making them all miserable.

Fix the house, then make people move into it. Don't make people move into a new house and then promise to fix it up after you've forced them in there, dumbasses.

Grimsen

>game breaking glitch
>exploit
>minor, low priority glitches
>balance issues

makes sense to patch in this order. the problem is bungie doesn't clearly communicate their intentions (lol at patching shrine of oryx to "lower difficulty"), or they'll change something to "meet project goals" and create a mess in the process.

You mean you don't like the

>fix exploit
>introduce more major glitches

method used thus far?

Come at me!
yaqL6+(2).gif

Pls be patient. Did you not see my legs?

Daemul

Wll, my alt is now level 6 and has his grenade, melee, super and lift unlocked. Time to do the first few earth missions on hard.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Guys, stop torturing yourselves with flawless runs. It's better to attempt it when most glitches are fixed. Did Bungie even acknowledge the new glitches? Lol

You mean you don't like the

>fix exploit
>introduce more major glitches

method used thus far?

sometimes changing one string of code breaks another, so it's not surprising (although that's what testing is supposed to be for). what bothers me is that they fixed a mechanic that was not breaking the game and now the game is actually broken.

Overdoziz

Banned
My issue is that Bungie is prioritizing their ego and 'vision for how players experience the game' over how players are actually playing and, more importantly, ENJOYING their game.

Fixing boss cheesing or the fact that players found a way to determine their own teams because the deviation from your 'vision' gave your ego a boo-boo should not be as a big a priority as say, ongoing connection issues, or glitches that ruin the boss fight (portal glitches being the biggest offenders).

How about you leave the people cheesing the boss for awhile, and ensure that the people TRYING to carry out your vision properly can actually do so without having to deal with amateur-hour bullshit in your networking and programming. How about you fix the real issues and ensure the people playing the way you would like them to are enjoying it, rather than force EVERYBODY to play it how you want them to and making them all miserable.

Fix the house, then make people move into it. Don't make people move into a new house and then promise to fix it up after you've forced them in there, dumbasses.
Well technically Atheon teleporting the people furthest away was a bug. :)

Grimsen

sometimes changing one string of code breaks another, so it's not surprising (although that's what testing is supposed to be for). what bothers me is that they fixed a mechanic that was not breaking the game and now the game is actually broken.

I agree wholeheartedly. I was just being facesiticious

Tovarisc

So is it worth it to rank up in the other factions?

If you grind Dead Orbit rep for carepackages you can get neat black shader.

Still WIP for me :/

Guys, stop torturing yourselves with flawless runs. It's better to attempt it when most glitches are fixed. Did Bungie even acknowledge the new glitches? Lol

Only "glitches" they have acknowledged from Vault of Glitches [I totally stole that from Kalamari] were Atheon being shoved off and teleportation not working "as visioned".

As it happens those are only things they have "fixed" in VoG.

Even if it was a bug, it takes an incredibly arrogant, ego-centric mindset for a developer to decide that bug needs to be at the top of the priority list for the next update, given all the other on-going issues throughout Destiny and in that particular boss fight.

It's like 'Yeah, their experience is shit all around, but what can we do to ensure that they're trying to play the game as we intended them to? Cause that's what's important right now. Our vision.'

SkylineRKR

Wll, my alt is now level 6 and has his grenade, melee, super and lift unlocked. Time to do the first few earth missions on hard.

Try to get some Rumble (and pvp bounties) in as well. Its 3k bonus per game I think. Went from 13 to 15 rather fast.

Nope, for best results you're good with Shadow Price, TDYK, 77 Wizard, Cryptic Dragon and Light/Beware. Those are all Vanguard/Crucible stuff.

Really, I see little point in leveling the other factions. I did New Monarchy until I realised I didn't care about any of their stuff.

X-Frame

Some of the Factions have gear that I was interested in, so I leveled up at least all of them to Level 3, just in case.

But even then, buying a piece of gear from them just feels like a waste -- it's not raid gear, so it's not going to be a long-term piece of gear I use outside of the Crucible. Plus, each piece that I buy with over 1 week's worth of marks is another several hours of leveling it up and running in circles farming for mats again.

Seems like such a huge artificial barrier for people to create unique builds and looks for their characters. Everyone is shooting for raid gear so everyone is going to look the same at the high levels for 3 months after Destiny releases.

I guess that is why they make raid gear's drops so low.

Overdoziz

Banned
Even if it was a bug, it takes an incredibly arrogant, ego-centric mindset for a developer to decide that bug needs to be at the top of the priority list for the next update, given all the other on-going issues throughout Destiny and in that particular boss fight.

It's like 'Yeah, their experience is shit all around, but what can we do to ensure that they're trying to play the game as we intended them to? Cause that's what's important right now. Our vision.'
While I do think that it's taking way too long for the glitches to be fixed I also think people are jumping to conclusions way too much. For all we know changing the teleport behavior was simply way easier than fixing the glitches so it was it was done earlier. I do get that people are getting more frustrated with each passing week and I think it would help a ton if Bungie was more transparent about the whole thing.

Sounds like you believe Bungies lies...
Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's weird they didn't think or made at least a few different designs for the Raid Gear. Everybody is just gonna look the same. Seems lazy to me. I guess the Expansion 1 Raid will add a few, still...

Now I need to upgrade my legendary gears.

SkylineRKR

This change goes two ways.

On Normal Raid its a good change, it was ages ago that I was on supplicant duty for the last time. But on Hard Raid it just sucks. A 29 with shield is a very risky ordeal. And others who weren't so lucky with oracle disruptor drops is going to be problematic too. If Atheon warps the lowest levels, you're probably done for.

The glitches make it bad anyhow. But those shouldn't be there to begin with.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Only "glitches" they have acknowledged from Vault of Glitches [I totally stole that from Kalamari] were Atheon being shoved off and teleportation not working "as visioned".

As it happens those are only things they have "fixed" in VoG.
Their interaction with the community is terrible. I hate reading Deej's posts.

The sniping in this game is so pathetic.

If you're shooting someone who's aiming a sniper rifle, their reticle should be getting thrown all over the place, instead it stays perfectly steady and they can pick you off no problem. Add to the fact that the aim assist is practically like GTA in this game and you have a shitty unbalanced set of weapons. Thank god it's only really effective on a couple maps. I just leave those immediately now. No desire to be tracked by 6 red lights with pussies who hide in the moon caves for 20 minutes.

Tovarisc

While I do think that it's taking way too long for the glitches to be fixed I also think people are jumping to conclusions way too much. For all we know changing the teleport behavior was simply way easier than fixing the glitches so it was it was done earlier. I do get that people are getting more frustrated with each passing week and I think it would help a ton if Bungie was more transparent about the whole thing.

People are making conclusions based on pattern [how often we get patch, what patch usually contains, how much Bungie talks about future...] and same pattern keeps repeating itself. For now.

Like you said, Bungie needs to be a lot more open about what they are doing internally atm. Plans for patches [look at PlanetSide 2 roadmap, I want this], plans for DLC, plans for free content etc. This "We have stuff. We talk about it... someday" -pattern isn't doing them any favors.

Their interaction with the community is terrible. I hate reading Deej's posts.

"Storytime with DeeJ! Words are being typed, but nothing is said!" -weekly.

BY2K

Membero Americo

If you're shooting someone who's aiming a sniper rifle, their reticle should be getting thrown all over the place, instead it stays perfectly steady and they can pick you off no problem. Add to the fact that the aim assist is practically like GTA in this game and you have a shitty unbalanced set of weapons. Thank god it's only really effective on a couple maps. I just leave those immediately now. No desire to be tracked by 6 red lights with pussies who hide in the moon caves for 20 minutes.

I think I'll like the maps in the first Expansion because at least one of them is close quarter. Which means shotgun party for everyone.

frizby

Have Atheon hard checkpoint and I'm just a lowly 29. Need some ringer 30s to carry my sorry ass across the finish line.

Post if you want in!

it does get thrown over the place, unless they have the unflinching perk. that's the sole reason i'm using a rare sniper over Praedyth's Revenge.

weapons with high impact mess up a sniper in scope. it's not going to do much on a map like First Light at a really far distance though.

I really don't know why they didn't bring the scope-drop over from Halo.

It worked perfectly, and it would immediately make the pulse and scout rifles more useful in PvP, simply because they could pester snipers at distance to keep them from lining up shots. Even if it took awhile to actually pick-pick-pick one to death based on distance and coverage, you could cover yourself and your team as you crossed the open.

I really don't know why they didn't bring the scope-drop over from Halo.

It worked perfectly, and it would immediately make the pulse and scout rifles more useful in PvP, simply because they could pester snipers at distance to keep them from lining up shots. Even if it took awhile to actually pick-pick-pick one to death based on distance and coverage, you could cover yourself and your team as you crossed the open.

descope wouldn't work here. halo lets you stay accurate during movement and jumping and scoping is instant. descope balances that power.

aim assist should definitely come down though. then again, i'm biased. I don't remember the last time I got sniped.

MADGAME

Still wanna do this? I can play now

PSN: ck716

Sure, if we can get 4 more 30's.

Calling all 30's - have 3 Atheon Hard checkpoints. If you are like me you may do the Hard raid with a mix of 29's/30's, but the Atheon fight can be too challenging with more than one 29 in the group. Get your Oracle killers out and let's team up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom