• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey looking to get a group together for a normal raid at about 8pm GMT on PS4, drop me a PM or message on PSN (Lalaland, just mention GAF not online just now). Myself (lvl 28 titan) and a mate (lvl28 hunter). We've no idea what we're doing so don't care if you don't either (I will check out YT guides before then). Of course if you know what you're doing we'd be delighted to have you too!

Hey looking to start the normal raid whenever we get folks together, so far I have two RL friends so we need 3 ore. Never done the Raid welcome those who have and haven't

So far:
Lalaland (me) : Lvl 28 Titan
Lvl 28 Hunter
Lvl 27 Hunter

I really love the Crucible. I've had so many fun moments in there.

Was playing Control late last night and ran into a squad of dudes who were probably a full fireteam. I did okay but of course, they crushed my team and a few of them proceeded to teabag me after the match had just ended.

That kind of shit annoys me. We got matched up again, I switched to my most "comfortable" set up for PvP (Suros Regime, Found Verdict, Corrosive Measure) and went to work. Ended up with 30 kills and our team of randoms destroyed them 20,000 to 11,000. Felt so fucking good.

Or the game just picked a different host that favored your team. That seems to be the deciding factor most of the time.

I'm available if you guys still need someone.

I think we are full now but if anyone has to drop we will definitely send you an invite.

Yeah, the mods should probably close the nightfall/raid thread since everyone just post in here looking for groups

I agree with this. Afro just started that thread to get the clan trophies, he didn't intend for it to be the go-to place to look for raid groups. Most people don't use it but it does get a little confusing sometimes.

Astro-- your mic sounds crazy in party chat right now, not sure what's happening with it...Just join the party chat matt started.

1280403082_gob-and-lindsay-chicken-dance.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Afro just started that thread to get the clan trophies, he didn't intend for it to be the go-to place to look for raid groups.
whether you're right or wrong about his intention the thread is titled "Destiny Raid and Nightfall group/clan. Mission: Making it easier to make groups."
this is the premise of the op
Hopefully this makes things a bit easier outside of posting in the OT and hoping folks read your post. The idea is you can look up people in the group or clan, send them a friend request, and have someone you can ask to do this content knowing you're playing with a GAFfer since most of us are friendly (I say most because I can get mad when I'm x420x-no-scoped by a Hobogoblin as folks witnessed last night in the raid).

I also figured I'd implement a Clan feature so folks can easily swap into the Clan from their original one, and easily get trophies requiring having a Fireteam composed of clan members.

MADGAME

I'm down. I don't have a lot of time though :(

Edit: I have one gatekeeper and two atheon hard checkpoints. Lv 30 warlock with pretty much everything maxed out

Sure, but you're the only one so far so if you don't have much time I'm not sure how quick it will be as we will need 4 more

whether you're right or wrong about his intention the thread is titled "Destiny Raid and Nightfall group/clan. Mission: Making it easier to make groups."
this is the premise of the op

Ok... that was a strange response. Afro told me that, so I was just relaying the information. The activity in that thread is much lower than the OTs, just seems to make sense to condense everything into one place since people are constantly posting about forming groups in this thread already. Just trying to help people find groups to play with...

Edit: Also, the clan associated with that thread filled up a long time ago so it can't be used for that purpose anymore anyway.

wbarreda

I use my clan to have DGAF next to my name in game. to the unitiated it appears to indicate that I don't give a fuck, which is true, so everybody wins

Hmmm... no... it's still pretty active in there. So far as I see it that is a more dedicated/serious resource and I know some static groups have formed in there.

I think it would be easier to find groups as this thread has turned into a raid forming/loot show off thread as it is.

Sounds good. Hopefully the encounters will be on the quicker side with all 30's, but gathering the party may take a bit longer than usual.

With all 30's we definitely will have more flexibility and as long as i can get my checkpoints done today ill be happy since i won't be able to tomorrow.

phen0m24

Sounds good. Hopefully the encounters will be on the quicker side with all 30's, but gathering the party may take a bit longer than usual.
Dang. If it's faster than our run last night... remind me not to face you guys in the crucible

Thanks again by the way!

gatti-man

I really love the Crucible. I've had so many fun moments in there.

Was playing Control late last night and ran into a squad of dudes who were probably a full fireteam. I did okay but of course, they crushed my team and a few of them proceeded to teabag me after the match had just ended.

That kind of shit annoys me. We got matched up again, I switched to my most "comfortable" set up for PvP (Suros Regime, Found Verdict, Corrosive Measure) and went to work. Ended up with 30 kills and our team of randoms destroyed them 20,000 to 11,000. Felt so fucking good.
I have a friend who plays alot of cod and if someone teabags him he gets so ferociously pissed off its hilarious. Hes pretty damn good too. I call him teabag sometimes just to mess with him.

Tovarisc

So what is this vault glitch? Anything specific triggering it so I know what to avoid?

All reports seem to be in lines of "Put stuff into vault in order to pick it up with alt. Switched characters to only find whole vault being empty". In theory you could just avoid using your vault for anything, but I think this is purely random event and you can't prevent it from happening.

All reports seem to be in lines of "Put stuff into vault in order to pick it up with alt. Switched characters to only find whole vault being empty". In theory you could just avoid using your vault for anything, but I think this is purely random event and you can't prevent it from happening.

If I lose all my weapons switching characters I will never touch this game again. That is seriously fucked up

wig21

All I am a lowly level 29 titan looking to finish the raid on hard. I have a checkpoint at Atheon and would be glad to beat it on normal or with cheese (some lvl 30s would be helpful). I can probably run it at about 7 est. Can anyone help me out before reset? Add me PSN wig21

patchday

I just got it the other day. Is it worth using energy to upgrade it to 300? I have a VoC upgraded to 300 already. It seems the lack of impact makes it useless anywhere but in the raid.

Atheon appears to be amazing in Crucible. After I fully upgraded the thing its wrecking folks almost as hard as Suros (if not just as hard). I feel kind of bad using it so I try not to use it often unless my team is losing. I am not exaggerating it floors everyone on the map.

Apparently, impact, doesnt mean anything in Crucible or something.

MADGAME

Dang. If it's faster than our run last night... remind me not to face you guys in the crucible

Thanks again by the way!

Lol I just meant the Atheon encounters, not the entire raid.

Yesterday was fun, let's do it again soon. Oh and FYI I'm a straight up shitty crucible player, you definitely want me on the other team!

Atheon appears to be amazing in Crucible. After I fully upgraded the thing its wrecking folks almost as hard as Suros (if not just as hard). I feel kind of bad using it so I try not to use it often unless my team is losing. I am not exaggerating it floors everyone on the map.

Apparently, impact, doesnt mean anything in Crucible or something.

I have a rare shingen that has full stability. it's the only one I've ever found with that perk and it wrecks in crucible as well

patchday

Got Atheon's Epilogue from my 3rd raid this week. Still not 1 piece of raid gear on any of my characters -- amazing.

Yeah what a stupid loot system. I am surprised you didnt get at least a chest piece. Both my characters got chest pieces on their first run., Now each class (hunter/titan) has two chest pieces with different stats

So it seems that losing ammo when you die is a bug according to this forum post. Equipping items that allow you to carry additional ammo also causes you to lose it when you die.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/76279585

Honestly, I thought that was a feature. It's the only thing keeping me from filling my vault with ammo packs.

Hate when there are a few quick wipes in the raid, your heavy pack is still on cool down, the architects took all of your rocket ammo and you are finally having a good run where you really could have used those rockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom