• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhhh I got now... yeap I agree.

Kill Oracles shooting from up platform = Ice Breaker
Oracles in teleport at Atheon = Praedyth's Revenge

In the Atheon battle Ice Breaker will be out of ammo before you reach half of the Oracles.

Has anyone tried a fully leveled praetorian foil on oracles? A standard light/beware is great against normal mode oracles I think a foil with its high impact and kill oracles perk would be an excellent choice for hard mode

TP-DK

Need 3 more People for hard raid at Atheon checkpoint. Psn is redman_dk.

Man Ive written my psn a lot of times in this thread :p

Steroyd

I'm ready now. Matt will be ~45 min late so we can either run one with rawr now and then another once he get on or just wait or whatever. Obviously we will be running it until everyone gets it so no fear of missing out. Edit: Also we could test the "run out w/ the relic" theory.

I've got a checkpoint at the gatekeepers on normal, if you want to test it beforehand.

PS4 3 Hard Raids @ Reset

1.) Boguester aka The Abrasive One
2.) YvenUp aka Mr. Mythoclast
(still 29 *cough*)
3.) Cyborg aka Trapdoor Magician
4.) iRAWR aka Don't worry, we'll still call it "pulling a fig"
5.) Casmith7509 aka Needs More Insomnia
6.) Steroyd aka LEEEROOOY JENNNKINNNS

First alternate/Casmith replacement: DeathJr/ruthlessbarbarian

I've got a checkpoint at the gatekeepers on normal, if you want to test it beforehand.

Sure, we can do that until Matt gets on. I've got a friend who needs the normal Atheon drop too, so he could jump in as the 6th. He doesn't speak English very well but he's a super nice guy.

ethomaz

Banned
Has anyone tried a fully leveled praetorian foil on oracles? A standard light/beware is great against normal mode oracles I think a foil with its high impact and kill oracles perk would be an excellent choice for hard mode
I don't know but I tried normal Fusion Rifles in normal Oracle and it is one shot kill (if you do the right aim)... so I guess this Raid FS will be really good for Oracles.

It is in my drop wishlist :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This makes sense to me but in practice, I find I do better in Crucible with TDYK than Lord High Fixer and I'm not quite sure why. I think maybe I'm just more used to the recoil climb and it's easier for me to land consecutive shots. Similarly the recoil on Timur's Lash feels better to me than LHF.

I really need The Last Word and Hawkmoon. I guess I want all the weapons in the game but I particularly want all of the handcannons.
yes, I still need The Last Word, Timur's Lash, Red Hand-IX, Venation III, and Fatebringer... easy peasy

A_Gorilla

Banned
Cømet;137178391 said:
Nice one chaps, nice and quick. Chuck an addy at ScrewAttack_ and I'll get on.

I just invited you to my team cause I also have a hard Atheon checkpoint and I have 2 more guys with me.

EDIT: If anyone else wants to join we need 1 more!

PSN: El_Bombastico

j_rocca42

I just invited you to my team cause I also have a hard Atheon checkpoint and I have 2 more guys with me.

EDIT: If anyone else wants to join we need 1 more!

PSN: El_Bombastico
I'm down. Lvl 29 titan and have 29 hunter with me. j_rocca42

Ah. Just missed the edit.

blackflag

PS4 3 Hard Raids @ Reset

(still 29 *cough*)

First alternate/Casmith replacement: DeathJr/ruthlessbarbarian

Sure, we can do that until Matt gets on. I've got a friend who needs the normal Atheon drop too, so he could jump in as the 6th. He doesn't speak English very well but he's a super nice guy.

:) I have all the insomnia. I just gotta start getting kids ready for school and do that real life stuff I hate.

Mostly IB and Hezen. I rarely use my heavy on Atheon, so that's saved for adds in the portals if I get teleported. IB means not having to worry about ammo at all really.

Nice to know that's a viable combo. I run out of ammo real quick during Atheon since I'm usually on a pillar shooting supplicants, or looking at Oracles and walking right past ammo packs. Still have 2 full circles left to go to upgrade the AE...I'll have to do the math to figure out what that is in bounties.

PS4 3 Hard Raids @ Reset

(still 29 *cough*)

:lol I just noticed this. Do I want to know what it's a reference to? :p

ethomaz

Banned
Nice to know that's a viable combo. I run out of ammo real quick during Atheon since I'm usually on a pillar shooting supplicants, or looking at Oracles and walking right past ammo packs. Still have 2 full circles left to go to upgrade the AE...I'll have to do the math to figure out what that is in bounties.
Just to show the otherside...

Hezen + Praedyth's Revenge

Really a killer combo... I'm just waiting that G.horn drop to replace Hezen (I love it but it is really a level below).

My Praedyth's Revenge have 25 ammo... DAT stability... I can shot five bullets whit it while with IB I will shot two or three times.

ethomaz

Banned
you guys bring hezen vengeance on the raid instead of a void rocket launcher like the truth?
Hezen Vengeance have multiple damage and it really does great damage... Truth is more single focus damage. I prefer Hezen Vengeance but to avoid switch between character I'm using Truth with my Titan alt.

To be fair both to the job fine... none come close to G.horn.

Gjallarhorn is solar too ;)

BuzzJive

Super Good Advice would like a word with you, at worse Universal Remote is a shotgun in a primary slot, you can find use in a Shotgun Sniper/Fusion rifle combo, why you would want to do that setup I don't know.

SGA is useless full stop, no use for it in any application in PVP or PVE.

I don't pop in here often enough and was wondering what the general consensus on SGA was. My first exotic was SGA and it's pretty friggen bad. I've had better Legendary MG's for sure. The Stability and Range are just terrible. After getting Suros Regime and Invective, I can't imagine ever going back to SGA in my Exotic slot.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
you guys bring hezen vengeance on the raid instead of a void rocket launcher like the truth?

Truth is my MVP for hard mode. Blowing up gate keepers in a few seconds is boss. I can't aim well enough to hit gatekeepers from across the map consistently.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it depends. Vendor TDYK might not have range but dropped ones might. I think my friend's TDYK has excellent range
was talking about the vendor one yeah, i guess there are lots of mods.

but in practice the vendor one has fantastic range regardless. just had a great match with it
B1ixVHjCIAALo_N.jpg:large

NastyBook

Who told these shitheels to put Ass Light and Shitstion back in the rotation regularly? They fucking SUCK. Get rid of them.

I am popping SKULLS with this Cryptic Dragon right now, though. Need a few matches to hit the Crucible mark carp, then I'm buying LHF so all my characters will have Legendary HCs.

Warlock - Red Hand IX
Hunter - The Devil You Know
Titan - Lord High Fixer

ethomaz

Banned
Who told these shitheels to put Ass Light and Shitstion back in the rotation regularly? They fucking SUCK. Get rid of them.

I am popping SKULLS with this Cryptic Dragon right now, though. Need a few matches to hit the Crucible mark carp, then I'm buying LHF so all my characters will have Legendary HCs.

Warlock - Red Hand IX
Titan - Lord High Fixer
Red Hand IX is good compared with The Devil You Know? I'm using the TDYK on my alt but I have the Red Hand IX (never touched it).

LiK

Warlock - Red Hand IX
Titan - Lord High Fixer

Haha yea, they said it would appear less in Clash but I've seen them too often. Lies

Red Hand IX is good compared with The Devil You Know? I'm using the TDYK on my alt but I have the Red Hand IX (never touched it).
I have a red hand XI and compared to TDYK/LHF it's kind of average. Has a smaller magazine and less range and stability than either one of those. Only decent perk it has is sometimes when reloading you get extra rounds in the magazine. It was a drop though. Someone else might have a better one

NastyBook

Personally, I don't know if it is. It was the first Legendary HC I ever got, so I've stuck with it. The Luck in the Chamber perk is pretty nice on it, but doesn't compare to Hawkmoon's. It hits damn hard and sounds good doing it, though. Give her a spin.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
another great one with the vendor tdyk, this was a really close, down to the wire match, i missed a heavy ammo (playing around with gjallarhorn) that could have put us up by 3 or 4 but still held it together

ethomaz

Banned
I have a red hand XI and compared to TDYK/LHF it's kind of average. Has a smaller magazine and less range and stability than either one of those. Only decent perk it has is sometimes when reloading you get extra rounds in the magazine. It was a drop though. Someone else might have a better one
Thanks... I will continue to updated my TDYK.

Personally, I don't know if it is. It was the first Legendary HC I ever got, so I've stuck with it. The Luck in the Chamber perk is pretty nice on it, but doesn't compare to Hawkmoon's. I hits damn hard and sounds good doing it, though. Give her a spin.
I will give it a try without upgrades... I have more issues with Energies than Ass... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom