• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like reddit beat me to it. I always have trouble reading reddit, but I think they may have still missed some of the Flawless bugs, so I'll still compile a Neogaf list and forward it along. Also, I think the list should have been a bit more distilled. I'm always afraid stuff will get missed when you mix bugs with other "make this more fun" requests.

Edit, the "make this more fun" post was separate. Ugh...reddit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lord High Fixer or The Devil You Know for PvP?

As a big HC fan RNGesus has been fucking me big time so right now the only legendary/exotic I have is a maxed Thorn. I love it but have been wanting to try out something else. Between the LHF and TDYK which one is best for PvP?

for crucible, vendor lord high fixer wins, pve vendor TDYK wins. LHF is slightly better but pretty negligible at long range, but also comes with the "keep your radar while ads" and TDYK doesn't. especially if you're a hunter, you could use another exotic in the crucible than knucklemoon easily, whereas I don't really switch it off if I'm playing any handcannon

for crucible, vendor lord high fixer wins, pve vendor TDYK wins. LHF is slightly better but pretty negligible at long range, but also comes with the "keep your radar while ads" and TDYK doesn't. especially if you're a hunter, you could use another exotic in the crucible than knucklemoon easily, whereas I don't really switch it off if I'm playing any handcannon

Good stuff. I was leaning LHF since I'm used to playing a bit more rangy with Thorn so I'll probably grab that and wait patiently for Hawkmoon or Last Word to drop.

nowai

Range affects the damage fall-off and probability of a long distance headshot. With a bad range stat you can lose up to 50% damage at longer ranges, which is a pretty big deal both in PvP and PvE. That's why The Devil You Know and Lord High Fixer are so popular among legendary users. They both have a very high damage output at longer ranges which enables you to play it more safely without losing damage potential.

Stats on paper, I agree with you. In game practical use, I disagree.

I have spent plenty of time comparing range stats only to have that thrown out the window when actually using said hand cannons in game.

EDIT: again, aside from Thorn and Hawkmoon...which you can snipe with.

Bizazedo

Finally. I just hope they an fix it asap cuz the glitches have really ruined the Raid a lot more than before.
Yeah. The prior bugs + the new RNG selection method seemingly introducing new bugs or making them more common is just.... amusing in a sad way.

Ah, well.

nowai

Double RNG tho in a sense.

• What parts you have gotten from VoG for class X?
  • What armor parts IB vendor is selling for class X?
You can get fucked over by that equation. Assuming IB vendor even will have 2 armor parts for every class this time, last time he didn't.

They have said that you will be able to get IB light level 30 chest and gloves.

Paired with an exotic helm, the raid boots will still remain a requirement to hit level 30.

Steroyd

Did a hard mode gatekeeper section earlier today and holy shit that was close, from the Praetorian taking over the plate and shutting me in the portal (bare in mind I'm level 29), being down to 3 people and feeling the need for a wipe and one more Praetorian to the conflux meant an expunge, well played guys.

Tekku

Stats on paper, I agree with you. In game practical use, I disagree.

I have spent plenty of time comparing range stats only to have that thrown out the window when actually using said hand cannons in game.

Well I mostly use handcannons so I can't really speak for the other weapon categories. I always go for long distance headshots in quick succession and there's simply not many handcannons around that let me do that.

And I wouldn't use Thorn in too many long range situations. It has one of the highest range stats, but is weighed down by a low magazine count and very poor stability.

[Edit]

Lord High Fixer is almost always my weapon of choice:

Pdhb.png

Cømet

Banned
New "Detain" bug has caused Gothalian's group to fail flawless run twice.

Apparently someone gets detained and is permanently stuck in a state where they're vulnerable and can't move? My groups have only ever cheesed the Templar, so not sure what this is.

Not new. Was struck by that bug in the opening month quite a bit. Irritating to say the least, especially when you're acting relic holder. It's basically a wipe when it happens cos there's nothing you can do to get out of it, and you can't take down the Templar's shield through it.

KlotePino

Anybody still need to do Atheon on hard? Got stuck with my PUG but I've got plenty of experience and if we can get a few 30's to join we should be good. I'm a 29 hunter with maxed weapons myself (Epilogue, VoC, IB, Corrective Measure).

nowai

Well I mostly use handcannons so I can't really speak for the other weapon categories. I always go for long distance headshots in quick succession and there's simply not many handcannons around that let me do that.

And I wouldn't use Thorn in too many long range encounters. It has one of the highest range stats, but is weighed down by a low magazine count and very poor stability.

Yep, figured as much.

I was mainly referring to the legendary hand cannons and The Last Word.

Especially TLW, because it has such a terrible range stat on paper. In practice though, it is really only out classed by Thorn and Hawkmoon. TLW can easily keep pace with the legendary hand cannons in range despite is sub par range stat.

blackflag

It's awful. I was fully expecting to be able to down enemies from a decent range after upgrading. It has to be the worst exotic in the game. It's probably not even a top ten shotgun in the game.

I just upgraded it past all the unique perks and I'm not that impressed.

Steroyd

It's awful. I was fully expecting to be able to down enemies from a decent range after upgrading. It has to be the worst exotic in the game. It's probably not even a top ten shotgun in the game.

Super Good Advice would like a word with you, at worse Universal Remote is a shotgun in a primary slot, you can find use in a Shotgun Sniper/Fusion rifle combo, why you would want to do that setup I don't know.

SGA is useless full stop, no use for it in any application in PVP or PVE.

Mindlog

firebase delphi's probably the worst offender for this. good luck getting heavy ammo if you spawn at C.
In Control I feel like Delphi C is worse than Blind Watch A. Controlling the C side heavy ammo room is trickier than getting easy kills from A side Blind Watch. So easy to end a map Unbroken from Blind Watch A. Still hard to win either map if the rest of the team is hellbent on charging into enemy fire when contesting points.

rNilla

Universal Remote should be buffed into an entirely different weapon altogether, such as a gun that shoots confetti and makes the Halo "yay" sound.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Really disappointed in Bungie's lack of schedule over the past few weeks. With the Iron Banner and Queen's Wrath being advertised like they were I was expecting new events every month, with something new always on the horizon to keep me interested.

Not only were both of these massively underwhelming, but now the Iron Banner was what, 3 weeks ago? And all we know is that the Iron Banner will be repeated, and that there's probably nothing else coming out before we have to start paying for new content. I know there's rumours of the Trial of Osiris but other than that, nothing.

There are more glaring issues with Destiny, but this one really annoys me. With AW out today and MCC soon after I can't see much reason to stick around and replay the same content for the hundredth time.

I keep thinking about that vidoc clip where the guy gets the in-app message saying "Dude, have you seen Venus today?!". That's what I wanted from Destiny, but Venus hasn't been different once.

ocean

Banned
Entered Crucible on my new level 2 Hunter. These maps are hilarious with no double jump. Curiously, I'm not even the worst player on my team despite having no heavy weapons, no double jump and no super. Some people really don't know how to play :|

Entered Crucible on my new level 2 Hunter. These maps are hilarious with no double jump. Curiously, I'm not even the worst player on my team despite having no heavy weapons, no double jump and no super. Some people really don't know how to play :|

I'm constantly amazed at the amount of people who never think to look at the radar.

Did a hard mode gatekeeper section earlier today and holy shit that was close, from the Praetorian taking over the plate and shutting me in the portal (bare in mind I'm level 29), being down to 3 people and feeling the need for a wipe and one more Praetorian to the conflux meant an expunge, well played guys.

Ran a hard mode GKs recently where everyone wiped due to an expunge at the very end. As a last ditch hail mary, I used self res and stayed alive another 3 seconds. Right before it went to the wipe screen, everyone's loot drops popped up! But then it still respawned us at GKs, haha. We just used someone else's checkpoint to go to Atheon.

Steroyd

You can definately hold your own at level 2, you have next to no mobility around the map I found myself taking longer routes walking up the stairs lol.

Ran a hard mode GKs recently where everyone wiped due to an expunge at the very end. As a last ditch hail mary, I used self res and stayed alive another 3 seconds. Right before it went to the wipe screen, everyone's loot drops popped up! But then it still respawned us at GKs, haha. We just used someone else's checkpoint to go to Atheon.

Twice now I've been in a group that got expunged at hard mode gatekeepers only for loot to drop a couple of seconds later, and get the Atheon checkpiont. Really lucky.

Steroyd

Corrective Measure or The Swarm?
Both Void but only 1 will be energies.

Corrective Measure, although the real right answer is both.

They're both different types of Machine Guns, The Swarm is good for accurate headshots, the CM murders it in raids.

Bizazedo

Twice now I've been in a group that got expunged at hard mode gatekeepers only for loot to drop a couple of seconds later, and get the Atheon checkpiont. Really lucky.

Like Bogue, I've been in a group that got killed at the end of hard mode gatekeepers, got the loot....but did not get the checkpoint.

The timing must be really tight to pull it off, nice that you got the good end of the stick.

Sullichin

This makes sense to me but in practice, I find I do better in Crucible with TDYK than Lord High Fixer and I'm not quite sure why. I think maybe I'm just more used to the recoil climb and it's easier for me to land consecutive shots. Similarly the recoil on Timur's Lash feels better to me than LHF.

I really need The Last Word and Hawkmoon. I guess I want all the weapons in the game but I particularly want all of the handcannons.

noomi

Corrective Measure or The Swarm?
Both Void but only 1 will be energies.

I have both and prefer the swarm, I have field scout so the ammo is no issue, I enjoy the higher impact vs the CM.

To each his own though, they are both great in their own way.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This makes sense to me but in practice, I find I do better in Crucible with TDYK than Lord High Fixer and I'm not quite sure why. I think maybe I'm just more used to the recoil climb and it's easier for me to land consecutive shots. Similarly the recoil on Timur's Lash feels better to me than LHF.

I really need The Last Word and Hawkmoon. I guess I want all the weapons in the game but I particularly want all of the handcannons.

Hawkmoon is the last hand cannon I'm after. I feel like I'll never get it, RNG being what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom