• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP-DK

Anybody still need to do Atheon on hard? Got stuck with my PUG but I've got plenty of experience and if we can get a few 30's to join we should be good. I'm a 29 hunter with maxed weapons myself (Epilogue, VoC, IB, Corrective Measure).

Yeah I need it too. Psn is redman_dk

Mindlog

CM, but they're both very good.
Yup.
I went with Swarm first because it's what I had. It took a few upgrades until I warmed to Corrective Measure. CM's bonuses and deep clip give it an edge, but Swarm's amazing damage and accuracy can't be ignored. If you Raid at all then CM is the way to go. I still normally roll out Swarm for PvP.

ocean

Banned
Jesus it's crazy how slow grenade cool down is without good gear. I kinda forgot about it since my Titan and Warlock are heavily Discipline builds.

joecanada

PvP hand cannon ranking IMO:

The Last Word
Thorn
Fatebringer
Hawkmoon
Lord High Fixer
Devil You Know
Everything else

uh you clearly left out red hand ix with stability perk... my 2nd game using it I got 32 kills, my k/d ratio last night never dropped below 1.5 even on teams getting wiped... but i hope most people don't catch on to this.... it's great to be the only one running it (and the other user here who also responded to my last post) . by the way I'm not even a great pvp player, and I finished top of the pack in 3/5 games.

here's a short clip but I wish there was more handcannon, in this clip I kind of use everything.... near the end I wipe three or four (and then die to fusion rifle lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2oo7LYipEU

... however i realize now that I hit the lottery with the perks I got on mine..
stability almost maxed to the top of the bar ( i thought about range but the stability is so good it's tough to give up)
reload speed boost after every kill and after precision damage

best of all it's only a legendary, leaves you with gjallahorn or icebreaker lol... which is almost unfair in pvp... i use final boss just to level the field a bit, keep icebreaker for non-guardians only.

JJD

Hawkmoon is the last hand cannon I'm after. I feel like I'll never get it, RNG being what it is.

I just helped two gaffers do the nightfall for the first time and they got the two guns I'm after, the Hawkmoon and a legendary void based sniper!

I was envious! LOL!

But really, helping people on this game is not only fun but it feels good too! :-D

blackflag

Super Good Advice would like a word with you, at worse Universal Remote is a shotgun in a primary slot, you can find use in a Shotgun Sniper/Fusion rifle combo, why you would want to do that setup I don't know.

SGA is useless full stop, no use for it in any application in PVP or PVE.

The point is it's not at worse a shotgun in the primary slot. It's like the worst shotgun in a primary slot.

It's a bad idea to build an exotic around to begin with. It would be hard to balance effectively.

SkylineRKR

CM is beast and its the ultimate oracle killer in Heroic Raid. CM has guaranteed Field Scout, The Swarm only on lucky drop IIRC. Expect to find more ammo is no lie either, it seems I hardly run out.

In PvP too, 200 ammo from a small box. Got 17 spree with it yesterday until I ran into a golden gun that was slightly earlier.

hydruxo

PvP hand cannon ranking IMO:

The Last Word
Thorn
Fatebringer
Hawkmoon
Lord High Fixer
Devil You Know
Everything else

I'd swap Hawkmoon and Fatebringer personally. I've used both and while Fatebringer is good I feel like Hawkmoon is a bit better. I can get 120 dmg on headshots with Hawkmoon. Maybe even put it ahead of Thorn because as good as DoT is, Thorn has that crappy 6 round clip.

NeOak

10557736_970634186283987_1893673364696080845_o.jpg

Back hurts from all that carrying :(

Suros? Meh.

nice anyway! i got 8k using a Monte Carlo and a rare shotgun lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just helped two gaffers do the nightfall for the first time and they got the two guns I'm after, the Hawkmoon and a legendary void based sniper!

I was envious! LOL!

But really, helping people on this game is not only fun but it feels good too! :-D

Help me with nightfall tomorrow plz. You are lucky.

so if i was a betting man i'd say xur is either gonna have either helm of inner most light, helm of saint or no back up plans for the titan.

out of those three i hope it's saint or no backup. i'd buy either one. once i get my raid armor fully upgraded i'm gonna start messing with different exotics.

Mattiator

Regular group I'm stuck in traffic psn won't let me message so I'm gonna be most likely 45 to an hour late at max if you can wait that would be awesome if not I understand.

Twice now I've been in a group that got expunged at hard mode gatekeepers only for loot to drop a couple of seconds later, and get the Atheon checkpiont. Really lucky.

Haha yeah it's such a strangely ambiguous "checkpoint." Is there any truth to the rumor that shooting the conflux with your relic super makes it go faster?

On another note, might as well start gauging interest now, anyone up for 3 hard raids at the reset tonight? Right now I know its:

1.) Boguester aka The Abrasive One
2.) YvenUp aka Mr. Mythoclast
(still 29 *cough*)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Cømet

Banned
I'm gonna be looking for some fine folks to help finish HM Atheon in a bit, if anyone's looking. My poor 29 titan needs that damn helmet already.

Deku Tree

so if i was a betting man i'd say xur is either gonna have either helm of inner most light, helm of saint or no back up plans for the titan.

out of those three i hope it's saint or no backup. i'd buy either one. once i get my raid armor fully upgraded i'm gonna start messing with different exotics.

I am wondering if what Xur sells is just a completely random uniformly distributed dice roll. Of course he sells one exotic weapon and one exotic armor for each class and one exotic engram... But otherwise I have seen no evidence that it's not just completely random.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Cømet;137174680 said:
I'm gonna be looking for some fine folks to help finish HM Atheon in a bit, if anyone's looking. My poor 29 titan needs that damn helmet already.

I'm your Huckleberry.

PSN: El_Bombastico

TP-DK

Cømet;137174680 said:

I got a 29 Hunter. My psn is redman_dk.

Got Gjallarhorn fully upgraded to make it a bit easier.

Trakan

Cømet;137174680 said:

I can try to help if you'd like. Level 30 Hunter. PSN is Trakan.

Shito

I have the three of them.
I'm a hunter, raising a warlock alt, not interested in titans.
I also have a full titan legendary set.
This game...

Milennia

Haha yeah it's such a strangely ambiguous "checkpoint." Is there any truth to the rumor that shooting the conflux with your relic super makes it go faster?

On another note, might as well start gauging interest now, anyone up for 3 hard raids at the reset tonight? Right now I know its:

(still 29 *cough*)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
i am for suree

(still 29 *cough*)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
If I am up, which is most likely, I am down. Btw I think the reset is now 4 am EST due to day light saving time

realcZk

Yeah. On 2nd run Atheon bugged out and didn't teleport anyone in first cycle. They just waited it out and continued normally after that.

We had that happen the other night, Atheon didn't teleport ANYONE for the first three phases, letting us do a bunch of free DPS. Then he started behaving as normal.

No idea, but when I first started doing the raid people told me that both relic holders had to fire their supers at the conflux to finish the phase, so maybe it does. Haven't tried it since finding out you just have to kill stuff until the timer runs out.

blackflag

(still 29 *cough*)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

I'm down again but I'm still 29 on all 3 characters....and I could probably only do 1, maybe 2. Basically I'd have 4 hours.

LiK

Yeah. On 2nd run Atheon bugged out and didn't teleport anyone in first cycle. They just waited it out and continued normally after that.

We had that happen but the problem was he wouldn't teleport for three turns and eventually the Enrage started when we finally got teleported and we were overwhelmed with Supplicants.

realcZk

Do you get time's vengance when that happens?

Nope, so we weren't able to do that much damage overall. But we didn't die or succumb to the oracles, so that was interesting. He just eventually timed-out and reset and finally teleported three people after a few tries.

Steroyd

(still 29 *cough*)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

I'm up for it if timzones are kind, normally I'd nightfall first but you don't benefit from the exp increase.

Oh at the reset? Then I'll definately be there.

(still 29 *cough*)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

If I am up, which is most likely, I am down. Btw I think the reset is now 4 am EST due to day light saving time

Me too, will you guys start right after the reset?

LiK

Nope, so we weren't able to do that much damage overall. But we didn't die or succumb to the oracles, so that was interesting. He just eventually timed-out and reset and finally teleported three people after a few tries.

This gives me hope. I hope to be able to get Flawless tonight with some of the new knowledge. Hope I can join the Flawless hunters here tonight. I wanna get that trophy over with lol

Sullichin

Is there any way on bungie.net to find details about an individual match? Specifically I want to remember what weapon I was using in a Crucible match

Tovarisc

This gives me hope. I hope to be able to get Flawless tonight with some of the new knowledge. Hope I can join the Flawless hunters here tonight. I wanna get that trophy over with lol

I also have bad Flawless thirst :(

Need pester few of my friends if GAF trains for Flawless are booked full.

I just watched that other guy get it as well. They ended up cheesing the Templar due to the detain glitch. I really need to upgrade my AE. That thing was just tearing through stuff.

Yeah, it's great for oracles and works surprisingly well against supplicants as well. No need to change my Atheon loadout since the patch at all.

Dizzay, Cyborg, Steroyd, etc...

When's the flawless raid starting guys?

I'm ready now. Matt will be ~45 min late so we can either run one with rawr now and then another once he get on or just wait or whatever. Obviously we will be running it until everyone gets it so no fear of missing out. Edit: Also we could test the "run out w/ the relic" theory.

Milennia

I'm ready now. Matt will be ~45 min late so we can either run one with rawr now and then another once he get on or just wait or whatever. Obviously we will be running it until everyone gets it so no fear of missing out. Edit: Also we could test the "run out w/ the relic" theory.

Can do that yeah

If anyone is interested, I'd like to try and start or join a hard mode raid run around 5:00 pm EST today. If hard isn't doable I'm down for switching to normal. Would be starting from the beggining.

My PSN is greyblade if you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom