• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

So quick recap:

- No Nightfall burn damage
- Iron Banner ranks reset, even though Bungie specifically said they wouldn't reset this time
- This time around Iron Banner gear was supposed to be Lv 30 gear, which it doesn't seem to be
- Bungie said they would make IB bounties easier. The bounties look exactly like the last time.

Y U NO LOVE US BUNGLE? ;_;

ValeYard

So iron banner is back, but just the same as last time? Weird. I thought they would only bring it back in its updated form.

Jinjo

So quick recap:

- No Nightfall burn damage
- Iron Banner ranks reset, even though Bungie specifically said they wouldn't reset this time
- This time around Iron Banner gear was supposed to be Lv 30 gear, which it doesn't seem to be
- Bungie said they would make IB bounties easier. The bounties look exactly like the last time.

Y U NO LOVE US BUNGLE? ;_;

Basicly they teased us with all the awesomeness and then just went; nope, sorry. You're not pulling the COD players back in this way Bungie, forget it.

They should not have bothered with this event again if they didn't get the updated version ready yet. Especially miffed about my loss in rank now. Better be back to my normal rank when the updated version does hit.

And this weeks strike is....

Cerberus Vae III (Valus "The Sponge" Ta'aurc)

Weekly Heroic: Heroic, Juggler
Nightfall: Epic, Lightswitch, Angry, Juggler, Nightfall

No burn.

edi: oh shit Iron Banner already!

HA HA HA HA HA! They're experts at trolling their player base. I mean, strike with a fuckton of wizards and knights? Arc burn! Strike with a fuckton of servitors, axis minotaurs and goblins, not to mention a nexus? Void burn!

A strike with a fuckton of bullet sponges? NO BURN!

I am enjoying the game a lot more now that I have a very nice selection of weapons and armor. I managed to get 3 of the raid weapons from my first 2 tries (Hezen, Praedyth, and Atheon's Epilogue).

And then while helping my brother through I got the Found Verdict and ICEBREAKER (YIISSSSSSSS)

Also, got a duplicate Truth after buying one from Xur.

Only thing I have gotten from Nightfall has been an exotic helm for a Titan which I still need to level up!

I do have to say though, I have no idea what they were thinking with the legendary engram drop rate. I have probably put over 100 hours in at this point and have only seen one legendary engram actually drop (as apposed to rep rewards or end of strike rewards) and it just turned into energy.

I have gotten lucky with my various reputation rewards and a couple of blues turning into legendary weapons.

I understand that there are other ways of getting equipment and have been fairly lucky myself, but goddamnit loot games need legit drops. It's just more fun that way! I am kinda tired of grinding reputation in order to get any sort of reward.

edit: wtf Iron Banner is back and they reset the ranks? You sons of bitches bungie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pimpwerx

Why the hell are the servers resetting early? They don't adjust? We just lost both the oracle and atheon checkpoints. Pretty fucking pissed, because that's they only reason we stayed up tonight. PEACE.

Even with burn Valus Ta'aruc still took forever last time.

Either VoC or Fatebringer seems like the way to go primary wise. Maybe Fatebringer because those flayer shields are annoying as fuck.

Jinjo

Maybe it's a mistake, maybe Bungie wasn't supposed to launch Iron Banner yet. Nothing has changed, this makes no sense.

Maybe a patch that has yet to go through? Might be too late for a lot of people that lost their rank though. Again, amateurhour at Bungle.

TTG

I'm thinking the release of level 30 Iron Banner gear will be timed with the expansion, so all of us crucible losers can enjoy 30 while the really cool(
paying
) customers can move on to 32.

Even with burn Valus Ta'aruc still took forever last time.

Either VoC or Fatebringer seems like the way to go primary wise. Maybe Fatebringer because those flayer shields are annoying as fuck.

The psions have Void shields.

Solar weapons for the Centurions and a Void for the Psions. Using my VoC and Void 77 Wizard.

Can anyone give an update on how long it'll take to do the nightfall? :)

Around 3 hours, 2 of them on Valus Ta'aurc (I kid... maybe?).

Was considering starting my alt to run dailies and raid, but if IB is up I guess I'll have to spend the entire week playing PvP, which is a really horrifying perspective for me. But I have to get some gear to see if I can reach 30 since the raid still refuses to give it to me...

Greenymac

Im going back to bed, but who wants to run the nightfall in about 2 hours? Wanna do it before work so add Greenymac and we will make it happen.

Jinjo

To be fair, the armor might still get up to 30 Light fully upgraded...

but don't take my word for it.

It won't. Light is determined by defense rating. The max defense rating of IB armor is way lower than that of raid gear, so it won't upgrade to 30 light. You can take my word for that. ;)

Lyonaz

So no updated Iron Banner stuff? Is it possible they patch it in later today? Usually they patch stuff tuesday night EU time.

Maledict

Around 3 hours, 2 of them on Valus Ta'aurc (I kid... maybe?).

Was considering starting my alt to run dailies and raid, but if IB is up I guess I'll have to spend the entire week playing PvP, which is a really horrifying perspective for me. But I have to get some gear to see if I can reach 30 since the raid still refuses to give it to me...

If they haven't changed the gear from last time then I wouldn't bother - it's no use to anyone who is already hitting the raid as it's normal legendary quality.

Valus Ta'aurc with no burn, AND angry on all those phalanxes, is just going to be horrifically painful and unfun. I'm not sure what they are hoping to do with stuff like this, but make me enjoy playing their game certainly isn't one of them.

nowai

From reddit

"Just completed the Nightfall and got no reward bar the xp increase. I think something is very, very broken today."

Think I might just hold off for now. Wouldn't want to go through this awful stike and not get the buff.

Shito

Valus Ta'aurc with no burn, AND angry on all those phalanxes, is just going to be horrifically painful and unfun. I'm not sure what they are hoping to do with stuff like this, but make me enjoy playing their game certainly isn't one of them.
I'm pretty sure the modifiers are randomly selected each week.
And this week shows quite well why they shouldn't be randomly selected...

Maledict

From reddit

"Just completed the Nightfall and got no reward bar the xp increase. I think something is very, very broken today."

Think I might just hold off for now. Wouldn't want to go through this awful stike and not get the buff.

This could just be the bug that's been in since launch, where if you are online when the reset happens and then do something that's been reset, it doesn't register it as a new week and so you don't get anything bar the experience.

Always log out after a reset basically, unless you are doing the double bounty trick.

Fitts

What an odd reset. I wonder if it was posted in error.
I certainly hope it was and it will change by the time I get home from work.

If they haven't changed the gear from last time then I wouldn't bother - it's no use to anyone who is already hitting the raid as it's normal legendary quality.

This IB seems like they botched it again from what you guys are saying. I'm at work so I can't check. They don't even have anything up on their site so this might be a mistake.

What are you talking about? We are going to have a grand ol' time doing this Nightfall and Weekly. Grand, I tell you!

Sorry, it was a double typo. I meant to write grind... :p

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Wait, am I seeing this right? The shotgun rolled two of the same attribute? Kills with this weapon replenish grenade energy???

Ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom