• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

Might be worth it to work through all 3 levels to get it then, but I would like confirmation.

Don't do it. You can check easily if IB gear will give 30 light by checking its defense rating. It's lower than raid gear, therefore it won't give 30 light. Light is not a stat on its own, it's directly tied to defense rating.

Can you get to 30 with the Iron Banner helmet?

No.

Nuszka

Don't do it. You can check easily if IB gear will give 30 light by checking its defense rating. It's lower than raid gear, therefore it won't give 30 light. Light is not a stat on its own, it's directly tied to defense rating.

No.

Did bungie not say that from now on you can get your ib gear up to light 30?

Feorax

Well since nightfall is potentially broken, I'm looking to do the raid on normal for the first time. Level 27 voidlock (still...).

Happy to join any group looking to make up numbers.

How did the last set of flawless runs go?

480px-torture-_level_sisyphus_large.jpg

Let me know if you want to run it. We're doing 3 hard raids now but they're so... casual, haha.

TTG

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Back to my alt character I go. It felt great to dust off my mighty Warlock and the Suros though. I went like 5, 3, 5 k/d in the only 3 matches I played. And now we return to our scheduled white auto rifles and green shotguns...

jtar86

I'm glad CoD AW came out this week and DA:I is out soon because I'm done with this broken game. They keep fixing the shit that doesn't matter, leaving in bugs that do matter and breaking everything else that might be the least bit interesting.

Jinjo

Did bungie not say that from now on you can get your ib gear up to light 30?

Yes they said that but either they messed up or decided not to apply it to this IB. Aside from the armor not having high enough defense for 30 light this is also missing: Bounties are not available from saladin, they're still the same (difficult bounties), saladin only carries one gun instead of the promised two, you can't reforge, can't get an IB banner reputation buff. And ranks have reset which also should not have happened. So clearly, this is still the old IB.

well i'm not bothering with iron banner this time around. even if the gear let me get 30 light i already have all the raid armor and my exotic chest. just gonna focus on getting coin for when xur comes because i'll probably be getting whatever exotic piece he has for titans to upgrade if i wanna mix my gear about.

7 more shards and i'll finally be a lvl 30 :3

and i got my first icebreaker tonight so i'm excitedly starting to level that up, i love it.

TTG

It's ok guys, this is what's going to happen: Bungie realizes their faux pa, then scrambles to stock up Xur with all the Last Words he can carry.

Wtf? Bungie's just getting lazy at this point. They're overlooking minor in-game statistics that should already be in place. Nothing but "we're doing this soon, stay tuned for an update". Yet I'll still play the damn game >_<

Fix your game, Bungle.

Seep

Seeing as though attributes on armor do not stack, I full doubt that they will for weapons.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wait wait wait. Your telling me my boots and chest with extra hand cannon ammo I only get that for one item not both. Same with my helmet and gloves increased melee speed?

Jaeyden

I played normal raid with a good group yesterday and it's the first time I actually think I could get flawless. I only died like twice. One time was falling like an idiot and the other was the first wipe on Atheon.

It didn't help that only half our party could hear the other half. We ought to give flawless a shot this week, although the bugs I've seen on Atheon this week make me think we shouldn't get our hopes up.

wbarreda

Yes they said that but either they messed up or decided not to apply it to this IB. Aside from the armor not having high enough defense for 30 light this is also missing: Bounties are not available from saladin, they're still the same (difficult bounties), saladin only carries one gun instead of the promised two, you can't reforge, can't get an IB banner reputation buff. And ranks have reset which also should not have happened. So clearly, this is still the old IB.

Do you get anything if you are on the losing side at least?

maomaoIYP

OMG Iron banner is back! So soon! Totally unexpected. Gonna earn me some sweet looking gear!

Edit: Fuck, no chest piece, that piece was totally sweet ;_;

Nodnol

*dons tin-foil hat*

Activision Overlords sabotaging Destiny to drive players towards Advanced Warfare?

Once copies are sold, Destiny will have the next big thing going on.

*back to reality*

Jinjo

Something definitely is up. Looking at the bungie weekly update about Iron Banner they kept talking about the "next IB event" and how everything would go into play then. Either they really screwed up or an update/patch is coming later.

Shito

So, re-reading this weekly news...

In the next Iron Banner, new exclusive reward Armor will be bumped to Level 30, but will still only be available in two slots. For advanced players, this will make them viable functional or visual sidegrades.

In the next Iron Banner, several of these Bounties have been tuned down quite a bit, and overall the value of Bounties has been bumped up. Also, they have been moved onto Lord Saladin, who was getting a little lonely back there with only his gong and dinosaur drawings.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer players the option of Reforging any Iron Banner weapon (including those from the last event.) This will re-roll all of the upgrades, but will also reset any progression. The cost for each Reforge will be a small number of Motes of Light, so set some aside next time Xur arrives in the Tower.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer a 12-hour buff called Tempered, which will boost Iron Banner reputation gains. As the week goes forward, this boost will be increasingly potent, to help players starting later in the week to catch up. In Iron Banners after the next, we expect that we will further tune these bonuses by increasing their potency, but limiting their effect to lower Ranks.

In the next Iron Banner, you will still have the Rank achieved in the last. But we still want players to come together for at least a few nights of team PVP, including veterans of the last event, so the Iron Banner ranks have been increased to 5. Some of the adjustments above will help players ascend more quickly through these and existing ranks.

... is any of these actually true?
It seems incredible to me they would release this IB as an error, but it really seems like they actually did.

From reddit

"Just completed the Nightfall and got no reward bar the xp increase. I think something is very, very broken today."

Think I might just hold off for now. Wouldn't want to go through this awful stike and not get the buff.

He probably didn't logout and login again after reset.

Namikaze1

On shit! Did not know it's Iron Banner week. And before I even check what's the Nightfall, I'm gonna guess it's Mars.

It's Mars isn't it?

void666

Banned
Time to complete? Time on Valus (cheese or no)? Gotta plan out my night.

Can't remember how long. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes? I had to do it before leaving for work.

We used the usual cheese spots. Under the ramps and behind the crate near the door where you first enter the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom