• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt good to take a day break from Destiny (and games in general for the most part). It was just a bit maddening how slow mark accruement was for Crucible and that Vanguard taps out extremely quick by comparison. Couple that assmats are slower than a trickle outside of Raid, it's hard to justify grinding bounties day-in and day-out on a single character.

Hopefully I can jump in tomorrow or later this week before I'm out for a likely two week stretch
unless I can sneak the PS4 on our visit to our hometown until my wife realizes too late muahahahaha

So, Gjallahorn needs two more damage upgrades to be unlocked and shards to access. VoC just needs the assEnergy to open the 3 dmg upgrades. Ice Breaker is complete, which allows me to run with it, Vanquisher VIII, and Hezen Vengeance as my fully upgraded arsenal for the VoG. Overall, a pretty decent outlook that hopefully I can push through soon so long as I'm not put out for too long from the game.

LiK

Huh, thought I asked before Squall to join. I could only do one run so I guess I'll miss the Flawless for tonight.

@Lik and ruthless: sorry for the confusion, we will get you guys in on the next run for sure.

Yeah, sorry Lik, we thought your post meant you were going to be farming for 30 minutes, we must have misunderstood.

Don't worry guys, I will run this with anybody until we all get the trophy. No man left behind.

NastyBook

OMG, I just had like 15 great games of Crucible tonight. I think COD took all the laggers, cuz I might have only run into two or three guys who wouldn't die for shit. Everybody else took their licks. It was wonderful. Just hit FWC Rank 3, so hopefully they give me the Scout Rifle I wanted to buy from them in the first place.

EDIT: Also played the majority of said matches with the Bad Seed Down. That third eye perk is too good. A few more levels and I'll throw on the stability buff.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
damn. had one good match with hawkmoon at least but that sunsinger was too much
B1kq3eqIcAE-xYK.jpg:large

I have hard gatekeepers checkpoint if anyone wants it before the reset.

@Lik and ruthless: sorry for the confusion, we will get you guys in on the next run for sure.

Yeah, sorry Lik, we thought your post meant you were going to be farming for 30 minutes, we must have misunderstood.

Don't worry guys, I will run this with anybody until we all get the trophy. No man left behind.

No worries, good luck to you guys.

ethomaz

Banned
Well I did almost what I planned.

Reached lvl 29 with my Titan (just don't reached lvl 30 because I need more 17 ass shards) and did the Nightfall.

Just need the Hard Raid before the reset.

Anybody have the Oracles checkpoint?

Deku Tree

Atheon fight sucks. Don't even want to do it anymore. Too glitchy. Vault of glitches.

Bungie your random teleports "bug" fix created tons of new game breaking bugs. Hate you.

And oh yeah... I got a green suros mkb-33 as a reward for beating the gatekeepers...
Other than that only ascendant junk.

darthbob

Really wishing I didn't play this game every single day for a month straight. I'm so burned out I don't even want to do the Nightfall or anything tomorrow.

I don't even want to really play this game anymore, until maybe December when the expansion releases. :/

Anyone else feel this way or am I just expecting too much out of games anymore?

LiK

Really wishing I didn't play this game every single day for a month straight. I'm so burned out I don't even want to do the Nightfall or anything tomorrow.

I don't even want to really play this game anymore, until maybe December when the expansion releases. :/

I still enjoy PVP but everything else is pretty boring now. I'm just hoping to get the flawless trophy before I take an extended break from the game.

darthbob

I still enjoy PVP but everything else is pretty boring now. I'm just hoping to get the flawless trophy before I take an extended break from the game.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not hardcore enough to ever Platinum Destiny. :(

Mainly because I can't really get a group together with the sort of cohesion that Flawless requires, and because fucking Bungie 'patched' the goddamn Raid and made it even more difficult with all the glitches.

Midas

I'm at over 200 hours since launch. Still play a few hours every day. I hope I get bored soon, have better things to do.

LiK

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not hardcore enough to ever Platinum Destiny. :(

Mainly because I can't really get a group together with the sort of cohesion that Flawless requires, and because fucking Bungie 'patched' the goddamn Raid and made it even more difficult with all the glitches.

My group is getting close. We just have some pretty bad luck with the glitches and lag. It's still possible but yea, the new glitches after patch made this harder than it ever was prepatch.

I have every bit of the Raid memorized now. lol

maomaoIYP

After using all the one hit KO grenades of other classes it sucks using Voidwalker ones because none of them do.

There's like only 4 grenades out of 12 that OHK, and they all require a stick-on. If you don't get a stick-on, magnetic, fusion and flux grenades are all pretty tame. In comparison I don't think the voidwalker grenades are that bad. Getting hit by the axion bolt takes your health from full to red instantly, it's a good trade off for seeking enemies hiding from you.

If I ever find a heart of praxic fire I would like to play a firebolt spamming + touch of flame + viking funeral sunsinger build.

edit: Off the topic of grenades, but I've just started collecting blue armor pieces for PvP purposes since they can have only one stat but not for purples. 100% special cooldown with 280 INT, stacked with the perk to reduce special cooldown makes gunslingers ridiculous.

I'm holding out hope for crota's end, maybe it'll be unglitched and realistically flawlessable. I've given up on trophy whoring though. (I'm telling a lie).

LiK

I'm holding out hope for crota's end, maybe it'll be unglitched and realistically flawlessable. I've given up on trophy whoring though. (I'm telling a lie).

We mainly want the trophy before new raid cuz we know we can do it. It just sucks the game does everything it can to fuck us over when we try.

Zocano

Anyone want to help me with a last minute nightfall run? Currently turtling my way through it.

PSN is Zocano

Hop in if you're on my friends list already.

edit: Just got to the Nexus. Last call for last minute nightfall people.

nowai

Man, I'm still hyped for Destiny! It's the most addictive mediocre game I have ever played.

The story is nonexistent, the grind is real and RNGesus is one stingy mistress. (...but praise him!) The gunplay is great, the pvp is highly enjoyable and I love running the raid with my team.

It's a very boring game solo, but very fun and social with people. I rarely play alone.

I am looking forward to the Nightfall on my three characters for dem loot chances!

Ramirez

I do nothing but play Skirmish/Salvage with my crew every night for the past week or so, and have a blast. Only downer is that the overwhelming majority of the matches are just beatdowns. I think our Skirmish win's are at 87% and Salvage is 97%, they really gotta add in some ranks or true skill, lol.

kidko

CODAW campaign quality is refreshing after playing this everyday. I'll be back for raids and weeklies but, yeah, nice to experience some flashiness and excitement

Sane_Man

I played normal raid with a good group yesterday and it's the first time I actually think I could get flawless. I only died like twice. One time was falling like an idiot and the other was the first wipe on Atheon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom